MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This keeps getting more and more mysterious. They've done the autopsy but are keeping the results a secret. However, there is no doubt it is a homicide:

Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Holly Curtis praised detectives, but said, “In order for criminal charges to be filed, there must be probable cause that a crime was committed and probable cause that a particular person committed the crime.”

She added that there is “no doubt” that Jodi’s death was a homicide but “at this time we cannot establish that a particular individual committed this crime.”

and

Jodi’s friends told police conflicting statements as to where Jodi planned to go after visiting her friends.

Some said she was going for a bike ride. Another said she was going home for supper. Another said she was riding her bike to a nearby store to buy a snack.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/13724552.html

Even though there were conflicting statements given by Jodi's friends, they all have one same element: Jodi was riding her bike.

I can't see that going for a bike ride, going home for supper, or going to a nearby store to buy a snack would be that that difficult for LE to follow up on.

Even though there were conflicting statements given by Jodi's friends, they all have one same element: Jodi was riding her bike.

I can't see that going for a bike ride, going home for supper, or going to a nearby store to buy a snack would be that that difficult for LE to follow up on.

I remember reading LE followed up with the store where it was said she was going and the store employee said she never was there. Gas stations/convenience stores just about all have surveillance cameras with video, too.

She WAS SEEN leaving the friends house.

I agree that the BIKE is key to this.

imo

Police have declined to say whether investigators have served any search warrants in the case or asked anyone to take a polygraph exam as part of the investigation. The prosecutor's office also declined last month to say whether dogs seen combing areas near downtown Constantine with police were part of the investigation into Jodi's death.

At least one dog was in the cemetery where Jodi's body was found. A bloodhound tracked along a downtown street near local homes and a bloodhound was near a local restaurant.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/news-27/120132845880810.xml&coll=7

Jodi's mother did say she had taken a poly:

Carver says her family's nightmare has been amplified by rumors that members of Jodi's family are among those police are scrutinizing in a case where Constantine Police Chief Mark Honeysett says ``no one has been ruled in or ruled out yet.''

``I took a polygraph and so has my husband,'' Carver said. Police didn't comment on the test.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/...l=7&thispage=1

Nothing new with this case? It STILL hasn't been solved?

Interesting that the police won't comment on the polygraph test for the parents.

That could work both ways I guess.........they either lied somewhere in it and the police don't want that known, or they passed all questions, and they also don't want that known to the actual person who most likely lives in the same town.

Interesting that the police won't comment on the polygraph test for the parents.

That could work both ways I guess.........they either lied somewhere in it and the police don't want that known, or they passed all questions, and they also don't want that known to the actual person who most likely lives in the same town.

In my opinion, the police not commenting means the mother or stepfather didn't pass with flying colors.

Especially since LE, themselves, won't even admit to administering the tests.

Guess, we just wait though...until LE is willing to say more...<sigh> :(

Thanks Jolyanna for the reply.

Waiting is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I am upset of the thought that either her mom or step-father are lying though, I have believed it was not either of them but someone else in the community.

Thanks Jolyanna for the reply.

Waiting is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I am upset of the thought that either her mom or step-father are lying though, I have believed it was not either of them but someone else in the community.

You are welcome littledeer.

Actually the police didn't say the mother or stepfather didn't do well on the polys, that is just my opinion from reading the articles.

And people can show an area of deception on a poly for reasons other than being responsible for the crime LE is investigating.

I do think the person that killed Jodi is most likely someone close to her. The prosecutor said no one has been ruled out.

IMO

I am more thankful that at least the Prosecutor's Office, LE, are at least still investigating!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate when they don't and it becomes a cold case...........

As far as the poly's go, I'm more inclined to think if the mother and the step-father agreed, they had nothing to hide. But then again, I am a newbie here at WS.................so maybe I still have blinders on?? :)

Well heck, they could give out a little info anyway. If that little girl left riding her bike then it must have been someone that was at the house of her friend or maybe someone left to pick her up but didn't let her know first like the stepfather or a male family member. I wonder if LE even has any people of interest. I guess it could have been someone that she knew that coaxed her into their vehicle and put her bike in too. Maybe she was headed for the store but didn't make it there.

This case needs to be resolved and the guilty party convicted. It just seems to take so long.

Is Constantine doing DNA sweep for girl's killer?

There is something else Evilsizor thought would never happen.

He was watching TV with his wife and kids February 13 when "a police officer knocked on the door, and then he wanted me to go down to the police station and take a swab test. The DNA test."

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7907514&nav=0Rcd

Dang, i really thought they would have solved this case by now.
The killer is obviously someone who knew Jody, and was able to blend in enough with the local community for the abduction to go unnoticed; whether the killer is a local himself or a person for frequents the area. Personally, IMO, i think it is someone who is a friend or relative of Jody's friend's family. There didn't seem to be a struggle of her getting into the car, and the bike was placed in as well. I don't think her parents did it. Now they're taking DNA from the town, which i would guess means the killer left some kind of DNA on Jodi, so i'm wondering what kind of DNA? Was she assaulted? The taking dna from the whole town bit seems ridiculous in the sense that it didn't work for the Louisiana serial killer case, and even though this is a smaller town, it still seems a long shot. If we're dealing with a killer who does not live in the town, yet have ties to the town (most likely knowing someone that was connected enough to Jodi for their not to be a struggle when she got into the car).
In a worst case scenario, there are 2 culprits involved, one to restrain Jodi and subdue her quickly to get into the car, while the other places the bike into the vehicle. If it was a van or a vehicle with tinted windows, it would be even less noticeable. I hoping that's not the scenario.
IMO, i am guessing the dna found may be semen, in the case if she was sexually assaulted.

Dang, i really thought they would have solved this case by now.
The killer is obviously someone who knew Jody, and was able to blend in enough with the local community for the abduction to go unnoticed; whether the killer is a local himself or a person for frequents the area. Personally, IMO, i think it is someone who is a friend or relative of Jody's friend's family. There didn't seem to be a struggle of her getting into the car, and the bike was placed in as well. I don't think her parents did it. Now they're taking DNA from the town, which i would guess means the killer left some kind of DNA on Jodi, so i'm wondering what kind of DNA? Was she assaulted? The taking dna from the whole town bit seems ridiculous in the sense that it didn't work for the Louisiana serial killer case, and even though this is a smaller town, it still seems a long shot. If we're dealing with a killer who does not live in the town, yet have ties to the town (most likely knowing someone that was connected enough to Jodi for their not to be a struggle when she got into the car).
In a worst case scenario, there are 2 culprits involved, one to restrain Jodi and subdue her quickly to get into the car, while the other places the bike into the vehicle. If it was a van or a vehicle with tinted windows, it would be even less noticeable. I hoping that's not the scenario.
IMO, i am guessing the dna found may be semen, in the case if she was sexually assaulted.

I think DNA can be used not just to find the killer but also as a tool to eliminate suspects.

If the person the article interviewed that was tested is cleared, then LE can concentrate more in other directions.

The person interviewed said someone had named him as a potential suspect. The DNA testing will clear that up.

You can't be tested against your will without a warrant. I wonder if anyone refused to take the test?

I am very glad to know that the killer left a clue behind so that he can be caught.

I initially recall this case but have not followed it much. From what I recall she was not sexually assaulted, right? Also, there was no real evidence of trauma. However, her death was deemed a homicide.

I initially recall this case but have not followed it much. From what I recall she was not sexually assaulted, right? Also, there was no real evidence of trauma. However, her death was deemed a homicide.

The media was saying that. But, there was DNA found. It seems there is a lot they haven't released.

According to the article:

St. Joseph County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Holly Curtis told WSBT News releasing too much information in the public would be unethical and harm the investigation.

&#8220;There are a lot of things the public hasn't heard,&#8221; Curtis said. &#8220;That doesn't mean that we're not continuing the investigation. We just can't disclose the evidence or where we are. We're working hard. We're doing the best we can. We want closure for the community. We want closure for the family.&#8221;

The Sturgis newspaper says they have taken DNA samples from 64 people. It also says the bloodhound trailed all through Constantine and ended up at the cemetery.

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/articles/2008/03/28/news/doc47ed9e7b931ed201533954.txt

From the link Jolynna posted:

"Parrack was wearing a black sweater over a black T-shirt, jeans and black tennis shoes when she was discovered. Her body was lying next to her bike - a silver Mongoose."

That is a bit more information than I recall having heard before. It seemed for a while that LE was close to finding someone, and strongly suspected it to be someone Jodi knew or who was at least close to the family. The new request for people knowing someone who left the area in November is somewhat alarming!!! That is a long time to try and jog people's memory! I know one that that I commonly see in cases that are solved fairly quickly, is a good exchange of information between LE and the public. I don't think that has been the situation in this case. :confused:

I think DNA can be used not just to find the killer but also as a tool to eliminate suspects.

If the person the article interviewed that was tested is cleared, then LE can concentrate more in other directions.

The person interviewed said someone had named him as a potential suspect. The DNA testing will clear that up.

You can't be tested against your will without a warrant. I wonder if anyone refused to take the test?

I am very glad to know that the killer left a clue behind so that he can be caught.

To eliminate suspects, it's excellent; yet to go on a wild goose chase and test the whole town would be not so good in the sense that it is time consuming and if LE is waiting on that time may be lost on other angles. I'm not sure how they're working this case..
It seems any suspects still in the area have been cleared if they are asking if anyone knows of someone who left the area that day or afterward.
I hope they are checking Jody's friends' families. Maybe they had a friend or relative who stayed with them, who may have come into contact with Jody.
Wasn't there a retired officer of sorts who they were looking at, at one point who was related to Jody's friend's family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets
Back