MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To eliminate suspects, it's excellent; yet to go on a wild goose chase and test the whole town would be not so good in the sense that it is time consuming and if LE is waiting on that time may be lost on other angles. I'm not sure how they're working this case..
It seems any suspects still in the area have been cleared if they are asking if anyone knows of someone who left the area that day or afterward.
I hope they are checking Jody's friends' families. Maybe they had a friend or relative who stayed with them, who may have come into contact with Jody.
Wasn't there a retired officer of sorts who they were looking at, at one point who was related to Jody's friend's family?

I remember comments about an ex-cop relative from locals in the comment sections of local papers.

Good grief!!! I never would have expected them to run around town testing over 64 people.

I thought by doing DNA they would clear the family and maybe people who were at the house Jodi visited before she disappeared. That way they could move on from them. Or not.

Sounds like they've moved on.

Asking the public if they know of anyone in the area who left town makes me wonder about ALL THAT evidence they supposedly have. Just like testing over 64 people. Have they tested everyone in Constantine? So now they are asking about people who USED to live there....???

Are they ruling out strangers passing through town because of how the dog tracked? Is the dog the science behind the perp having to have lived in Constantine?

I think this is all very strange. (Just my opinion)

Bumping this thread up.. has anyone heard any updates? It's been awhile now =(

No.

I saw a little boy, much younger than Jodi, riding a bicycle along the street. (IMO too young to be out alone) But, I thought about Jodi then. It would be very hard to grab a child, drag that child into my SUV, plus the bike.

Then I would have to drive to the cemetery with my hands on the wheel and control Jodi, get a possibly screaming child out of the car, plus the bike. Arrange the bike.

And there were people out and about as it was daylight, kids were getting home from school, people were getting off of work.

I STILL think she went with someone she knew for it to have happened under the radar.

JMO

You almost just described exactly what happened to Shawn Hornbeck - at the hands of a stranger. The abduction, bike, truck, those elements all there. He survived a murder attempt that would have left him much like Jodi. But he was held for year's.

Jodi's body was found where the assailant could see her house.

I think a stranger would take her away from where she had been picked up.

IMO

I don't know why these freaks do things the way they do. Elizabeth Smart was kept captive in the hills and ravines above her home for almost 3 months. She could hear the rescuers calling for her.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8287769&nav=0Rce

"So on the six-month anniversary of her death 24 Hour News 8 went to investigators for some answers. Our questions got us information in the case that had not been revealed to the public, including the manner of death.
"I think it's murder," said St. Joseph County Prosecutor Doug Fisher.
Not homicide, which could include any number of accidental or unplanned death scenarios.
Still, Fisher will not reveal how Parrack died. He said he doesn't want the killer to know what investigators know."

Not much info there. Says they want tips on anyone who moved out of the area shortly after Jodie was found. What about anyone who was visiting on that day?

Frustrating case.

Salem

I'll put links up as they become available online:

Highlights from the pc today:

Prosecutor investigators say there is forensic scientific evidence that they believe will solve Jodi's murder. They would not confirm whether or not the scientific evidence is DNA.

Prosecutor Doug Fisher says they have had 100% cooperation from Jodi's parents and Jodi's entire family. All of the family members have all helped in the gathering of scientific evidence. Everyone who has helped in the gathering of scientific evidence has been cleared.

Police have had 664 tips, more than 700 people interviewed, even calls from psychics. 75% of those tips have been closed. Investigators still are looking at (what they are calling) 75 active suspects. There is no person of interest.

LE is also still asking for the public's help in identifying anyone who might have moved out of the Constantine area from after Jodi's murder in November until the end of December.

I am so glad this is an active investigation and that all family members have been cleared. It is always a double heartbreak to see innocent family members implicated. Of course, we know this can happen as we have seen it too many times. Family members can and do commit crimes but not this time.

They must have an inclination that the person moved but may not have DNA on file. This does seem to be an appeal for additional info. I am leaning to a sexual molester/pervert who may have never been caught.If someone can recount some instances and then the person moved they may have the culprit. This person is likely transient IMO.

What i don't understand is; if the killer was someone who Jodi had never met; why would she get into the car with him? Also the bicycle was put in the car as well. It seems so strange that she would get into the car with someone she didn't know as well as the person being able to put her bike in. If the killer had a van, i wonder if he threw her into the back of it, followed by the bike. That is the only way i can imagine; if she didn't yell do to that she could have been in shock. Otherwise i think the killer is someone she had met before, possibly a relative of one of her friend's family who may have been visiting or living there off and on. Maybe they are being "protected" by whomever knows they were in town..

I think investigators could find out the names of people who moved from utility companies. At least they would get the names of the people who had the utilities in his/her name that moved.

Salem, I think it could have been someone who was visiting that day, too. Or maybe someone who was living with relatives or friends. (the utilities wouldn't be in their name that way)

IMO

I think it was someone she met somewhere too. I think LE needs to backtrack and see if any of Jodie's friends' families had company. Could be the person said they were leaving the day before or early on the morning of Jodie's disappearance to throw LE off track. It would have been difficult to get the bike in the vehicle... so if someone just snatched her, her bike would have been left behind.

But ... if it was someone she met at a friend's house and they offered her a ride, she would have felt safe.

Maybe someone will remember someone who was visiting......

Salem

I think it was someone she met somewhere too. I think LE needs to backtrack and see if any of Jodie's friends' families had company. Could be the person said they were leaving the day before or early on the morning of Jodie's disappearance to throw LE off track. It would have been difficult to get the bike in the vehicle... so if someone just snatched her, her bike would have been left behind.

But ... if it was someone she met at a friend's house and they offered her a ride, she would have felt safe.

Maybe someone will remember someone who was visiting......

Salem

Salem, i agree, they really need to check her friends' families to see if they had a relative or friend staying with them that could have come into contact with Jodi.
For some reason this case reminds me of the one involving Hadden Clark who killed his niece's friend while staying at his brother's house..
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/clark/index_1.html

Although I'm glad for the media updates, I am frustrated with glacial speed this case seems to be taking. Other than stating they have forensic evidence, there is nothing new here! Jodie's family has lived in several local communities so I wonder if they've investigated in those places as well. :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets
Back