Deceased/Not Found MI - Jozlynn Martinez, 2, Grand Rapids, 24 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"I don't know if she's dead," Martinez said. "I don't know if she's just hurt a little bit."
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Mom-I-dont-know-if-daughter-is-dead

Uh oh. I don't like this statement from her mother, sends up red flags and warning bells.

I normally don't pick apart parental statements, but this one is horrifying in it's own right.

From the same article:
Martinez took out a personal protection order against Malmberg one year ago Saturday. He had threatened her, according to court records.

Malmberg later said to police he had never laid a hand on Martinez, but told an officer, "but that is going to change now."

Martinez dropped the PPO in August 2009. She said Malmberg had changed, gotten a job and was treating her and the children better.

Alright charge the mother with something...the point of a PPO is to keep the person away from you...you shouldn't know anything about how they would be treating you if there is a PPO in effect. If he was near the mother, he was near Jozlynn, while the order was still active. Blatant disregard for the child's safety.

just got this tweet....I read it & said 'noooooooo' :(

BREAKING NEWS: GRPD Chief says Jozlynn Martinez, 2, is dead.Suspect told police she died Mon. night & he disposed of her body in trash

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=118958&catid=14

GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - The Amber Alert has just been cancelled for Jozlynn Martinez and the 2 year old girl is believed to be dead.

The two year old girl has been missing since Monday.

Grand Rapids Police say the suspect, Jeffrey Malmberg, confessed that Jozlynn died on Monday night and he disposed of the body in a trash recepticle.

WZZM13 has been at the Kent County Waste to Energy plant on Market Street, where FBI and police have been seen.

Snipped

Again? *sigh* Still have to wonder if mom knew. It says she died Monday. Mom says she saw her Monday night. Before or after mom went to bed? Hoping they can find her body.

Rest in peace, baby Jozlynn.

Jozlynn died at home Monday
jozlynn-martinez-022410_20100224160635_320_240.JPG

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/GRPD-Jozlynn-died-at-home-Monday

RIP little Jozlynn

I have just recently been reading the cases on this site, and it makes me so SO mad when reading about children going missing and found dead or abused. There are so many things in these childrens lives that should have been RED FLAGS before the horrible events even occurred. It sickens me that there are so many stupid mothers who allow their children to be exposed to violence, or allow them to be around sex offenders. These women are just as responsible for their children's disappearance as the person who took them. The fact that there are drugs in these childrens lives and they are exposed to drug users, fighting, or other criminal activity makes me SO MAD!! These people should have never of even gotten a chance to mess with these children. Its really too bad that there isnt a background check on the parents before they get the opportunity to even become a parent. In this case, the women reported him for domestic violence and seeked a restraining order TWICE but then dropped it. She therefore knew how he could act, and she should have never trusted him around her children. I will share a little personal experience with you all. When I was 16, I was in a violent relationship with a man. I continued to be in it, and wouldnt leave him, it didnt matter what he did to me. I always made excuses for him. But then when I was 17, I got pregnant. When we had my son, he tried to choke me in front of him. This was the last straw!! I got a restraining order on his right away and I havent been with him since. My son is now 4 and he doesnt know his biological dad at all, and that is a good thing. I guess what im getting at is.. its one thing to expose yourself to those type of people, and put yourself in bad situations, but when you have a baby or a child, you should have enough love for them to not expose them to that type of stuff. Its not fair to them and if you do not love them enough to give them THE BEST you can give them, and to make the BEST decisions for them, then you DO NOT DESERVE to have them!!! I know there are arguements on the parents rights and how the state the not have the right to take these children away from these situations unless its bad enough, however what about the childrens rights?? Im sorry for the long post, however these kind of stories anger me so much and I wish these parents could get the same treatment these kids got at the end of their lives!!

This has just got to stop, our poor babies are being killed by people who should never be allowed to be close to them. These Mothers should be prosecuted and receive the same sentence as the men that have killed them! This could have been prevented!

Rest with the angels Jozlynn, no one will be allowed to hurt you ever again.

I'm going to hug the heck out of my baby now....

Man tells police he threw body of missing Grand Rapids girl Jozlynn Martinez in trash after she died at home

[snip]

Authorities have not said how they believe the little girl died.

Malmberg told police Jozlynn's body was taken to a commercial trash Dumpster several blocks away from the home. Trash pickup area in the area was Thursday morning.

Police would not say how her body was transported to the trash bin.

A search at Kent County's waste-to-energy facility on Market Street involved 70 officers and federal agents, as well as a state police cadaver dog. They sifted through more than 200,000 pounds of garbage.

The cadaver dog was not effective in sniffing out evidence because "there's too much there," Capt. Jeff Hertel said of the overwhelming smells.
The plant takes in 150 trucks of garbage a day. Authorities said they were able to identify the pile of garbage from the truck that would have picked up trash from the Dumpster Jozlynn's body reportedly was put in.

Police don't know if her body is still at the facility, or if it has been incinerated. Ninety percent of the garbage taken to the facility is burned.

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/man_tells_police_he_threw_body.html

UBM. :(

Man tells police he threw body of missing Grand Rapids girl Jozlynn Martinez in trash after she died at home

[snip]

Authorities have not said how they believe the little girl died.

Malmberg told police Jozlynn's body was taken to a commercial trash Dumpster several blocks away from the home. Trash pickup area in the area was Thursday morning.

Police would not say how her body was transported to the trash bin.

A search at Kent County's waste-to-energy facility on Market Street involved 70 officers and federal agents, as well as a state police cadaver dog. They sifted through more than 200,000 pounds of garbage.

The cadaver dog was not effective in sniffing out evidence because "there's too much there," Capt. Jeff Hertel said of the overwhelming smells.
The plant takes in 150 trucks of garbage a day. Authorities said they were able to identify the pile of garbage from the truck that would have picked up trash from the Dumpster Jozlynn's body reportedly was put in.

Police don't know if her body is still at the facility, or if it has been incinerated. Ninety percent of the garbage taken to the facility is burned.

More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/man_tells_police_he_threw_body.html

UBM. :(

Oh no, that's horrific. I hope she's still there and can be laid to rest properly. Would trash picked up yesterday already have been incinerated this soon? I hope not!

I pray to all things holy that her body is still there so they can charge him with every single thing he did to her.

I am so sorry there was nothing we could do to help this poor girl. RIP Jozlynn, may the person or persons who brought this harm upon you suffer the wrath of god.

o thats just so horrible. I wonder if now they wont be able to find out how she died.

I know we don't know for sure if he said how she died or how he killed her etc. but in my opinion the media should not have released the info about incineration. If he gets wind of it he'll never tell what happened to her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back