MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought...

I imagine LE has been, and will be, watching attendees of the vigils, viewings, and funeral... To see who shows, who doesn't show, and any unusual behaviors...

JMO

Thank you, Undertakeress, for the update...

I am glad that Meijer and other businesses are helping so much!

Yes.. Please let Julia's family know that we are thinking of them... And wish them peace in this challenging time!

A thought I had....

The roomies could not enter Julia's bedroom when her alarm kept going off.. Right?

It is interesting that Julia had her room dead bolt locked from the inside (as it seems to me), though she lives with other females...

I wonder why she felt she needed that protection?

but I guess everyone has differing levels of needs for privacy and safety...

JMO

Maybe the person she allowed into her room deadbolted the door. That person could have easily climbed out the window to leave, as her apartment was on the first floor.

Thank you, Undertakeress, for the update...

I am glad that Meijer and other businesses are helping so much!

Yes.. Please let Julia's family know that we are thinking of them... And wish them peace in this challenging time!

A thought I had....

The roomies could not enter Julia's bedroom when her alarm kept going off.. Right?

It is interesting that Julia had her room dead bolt locked from the inside (as it seems to me), though she lives with other females...

I wonder why she felt she needed that protection?

but I guess everyone has differing levels of needs for privacy and safety...

JMO

It makes my heart feel a little better (everyone's heart is bruised and battered after this weekend) that Julia's family knows there are people who are thinking about her and praying for them across the miles. TY undertakrerress for bring that to them. (hugs)

Julia had just recently won some rather expensive items from her apartment complex. A secret Santa, a raffle, I don't know what it was but she won them and she posted it on twitter. I saw the beats audio thing while shopping today and it goes for around $200. Plus there was a i something. I hope this had nothing to do with anything.

A lucky girl, a lovely life...well I hope hate and jealousy had no play in this. The "I better watch my back" comment just bothers me to no end. I really, really hope LE is taking a MICROSCOPIC look at this to make sure that nothing is overlooked.

Always, MOO

My thoughts and prayers are with Julia's family and friends as she is laid to rest today. I will also be thinking about the families of the two children who will be buried in CT. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Maybe the person she allowed into her room deadbolted the door. That person could have easily climbed out the window to leave, as her apartment was on the first floor.

Very good point...

However... I wonder if it was common practice for her to deadbolt her bedroom door from the inside... Prior to this night that she passed away...

JMO

The original "rant" about the JN case was posted on another media site under a different handle (initials J.O.). I'm not sure if BC is the same individual or uses another name on that site.

Same one because as I recall in the rant that was first noticed he/she used "BC" to refer to a hotel in Detroit, which is the Book-Cadillac.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but I have been closely following all of your posts as well as Julia's case. I did not know Julia, but I live in the area and I am a former EMU student.
A few things...

Do we know approximately what time friends of Julia were notified of her death? Right after her death made the morning news, I went searching for more info. This may not be anything of consequence but I did notice a post on a photo of Julia and her sister on Jennifer's FB page. It was made by a guy around 2am following discovery of Julia. Spoken in the present tense it said, "love and miss you guys. I know it's been awhile, but I just want to make it known that I love you two. You're family and will always remain that way." I just found his comment weird, because of its timing...and content. Maybe I am just being paranoid. Does anyone else think this comment is strange? Maybe he already knew of her death from being close with the family, I dunno.

Second: after following her Instagram, I noticed a guy that seemed to maybe have a thing for her. There was a photo of her wearing a cute outfit, and this person commented on an outfit that she had worn the previous week I believe saying that the color was striking on her and looked really good (paraphrasing). The same guy also commented on a photo she posted of where she lived. He said, "oh, so that's where you live". May be innocent.

I did find the roommate poisoning comment interesting. It would appear that someone close to her knew that maybe she was having issues with one or both roommates, and posted that to her twitter in jest.

I have spoken a lot about this case with my husband as he is a former police officer. I thought at first that this could possibly be a potential suicide or accidental death, (I am pretty sure that the first is not a remote possibility at this point considering all I know second hand about Julia being such a happy full of life individual). My husband does not think that Ypsilanti police protocol would publicly allow speculation of homicide if there were not some evidence to support it. I am guessing that there are details provided by the ME as well to support that, that are not being released. Do we know where the "rumors" about inhaling vapors originated from? (Again, all of this is of my own opinion)

welcome to websleuths justnosey! :cheer:

I am glad to hear that perspective from your husband re: homicide investigation. I am thinking something at the scene set off alarm bells to them...

I agree those comments are very interesting as well

Hi. I registered specifically to post on this topic. Not only am I an EMU alum (c/o 2009) but I was also in the dorm where Laura Dickinson was found murdered - three floors below me. I still shudder at Laura being murdered while I was sleeping. I also have had Julia on my mind.

Random insight: The dorms where Laura and I resided were single dorms and you shared a bathroom. Laura was ONLY found due to the smell of her decomposing body. 'The Hill' as the collective dorms are called are quite tall buildings. The day she was found the ENTIRE building smelled to the point of my suitemate and I ended up throwing a lot of our items out because we just could not get rid of that smell. Many of us were told that Laura was found in her bed, that she had a little known heart condition and it appeared to be natural causes. We were told of an arrest ... when it was too late to receive a refund for housing. To this day, Laura's dorm is stripped and unoccupied. Due to the mishandling of this case and the severe damage my school received to its reputation, please believe that they are doing everything they can. Its been a bit disheartening to read some of the comments on various news sites. NOW, onto Julia.

Her apartment building, Peninsular Place, is a few years old. They were originally touted as luxury student apartments. They come fully furnished and are NOT cheap. I've been in the complex plenty of times and they are quite spacious. Think of an apartment within an apartment. Peninsular Place, while spacious, are, well, quite cheaply built. (Your room would shake at a train passing by.) They almost remind me of an outdoor mall. And everyone has access to everyone. Climb a set of stairs and you're at anyones door. I read a theory that perhaps an intruder locked her door before climbing out of her window. To be honest, that complex is so busy 24/7 that someone would have noticed a person climbing out of the window. As for Julia locking her door? I locked the bathroom door that I shared with my suitemate in 2006 even when I was home. We had no issues and were good friends. It was just out of habit. And, yes, while they're nice apartments, they are not in the safest area. The townhouses and apartments behind the complex are notorious for drug activity. That being said, none of that ever really spilled onto campus. I never heard about students into drugs, campus was always lit at night and there are programs intact to help with safety. I walked alone, in the dark, for a full winter to my dorm from a evening class and honestly never felt unsafe.

While I fully support the theory that she was poisoined, I'm more curious as to what manner her body was found in and the state of her room to make police determine it a homicide. Also, are they finished with her room? Why is her sister being allowed to remove items? Any news on the room mates that were interviewed? First I read her family called the police and then I read the room mates did. And honestly, your only indication that something is wrong is an alarm clock going off? This entire thing sounds incredibly off to me.

Sorry for the novel!

Hi. I registered specifically to post on this topic. Not only am I an EMU alum (c/o 2009) but I was also in the dorm where Laura Dickinson was found murdered - three floors below me. I still shudder at Laura being murdered while I was sleeping. I also have had Julia on my mind.

Random insight: The dorms where Laura and I resided were single dorms and you shared a bathroom. Laura was ONLY found due to the smell of her decomposing body. 'The Hill' as the collective dorms are called are quite tall buildings. The day she was found the ENTIRE building smelled to the point of my suitemate and I ended up throwing a lot of our items out because we just could not get rid of that smell. Many of us were told that Laura was found in her bed, that she had a little known heart condition and it appeared to be natural causes. We were told of an arrest ... when it was too late to receive a refund for housing. To this day, Laura's dorm is stripped and unoccupied. Due to the mishandling of this case and the severe damage my school received to its reputation, please believe that they are doing everything they can. Its been a bit disheartening to read some of the comments on various news sites. NOW, onto Julia.

Her apartment building, Peninsular Place, is a few years old. They were originally touted as luxury student apartments. They come fully furnished and are NOT cheap. I've been in the complex plenty of times and they are quite spacious. Think of an apartment within an apartment. Peninsular Place, while spacious, are, well, quite cheaply built. (Your room would shake at a train passing by.) They almost remind me of an outdoor mall. And everyone has access to everyone. Climb a set of stairs and you're at anyones door. I read a theory that perhaps an intruder locked her door before climbing out of her window. To be honest, that complex is so busy 24/7 that someone would have noticed a person climbing out of the window. As for Julia locking her door? I locked the bathroom door that I shared with my suitemate in 2006 even when I was home. We had no issues and were good friends. It was just out of habit. And, yes, while they're nice apartments, they are not in the safest area. The townhouses and apartments behind the complex are notorious for drug activity. That being said, none of that ever really spilled onto campus. I never heard about students into drugs, campus was always lit at night and there are programs intact to help with safety. I walked alone, in the dark, for a full winter to my dorm from a evening class and honestly never felt unsafe.

While I fully support the theory that she was poisoined, I'm more curious as to what manner her body was found in and the state of her room to make police determine it a homicide. Also, are they finished with her room? Why is her sister being allowed to remove items? Any news on the room mates that were interviewed? First I read her family called the police and then I read the room mates did. And honestly, your only indication that something is wrong is an alarm clock going off? This entire thing sounds incredibly off to me.

Sorry for the novel!

:welcome: AD0086. :wagon:

Thank you for the information from an EMU Alum!:seeya:

I agree with EMU alum - thank you for sharing more insight on campus. My friend also lived in the hill as well. It's just hard sometimes to convey into words what we know and see everyday and I think you did an excellent job!

Again I think we can speculate all we want but I have a feeling it will be someone very close to her is the suspect.

I agree with EMU alum - thank you for sharing more insight on campus. My friend also lived in the hill as well. It's just hard sometimes to convey into words what we know and see everyday and I think you did an excellent job!

Again I think we can speculate all we want but I have a feeling it will be someone very close to her is the suspect.

Thank you! Does Julia's family also believe the suspect is someone close to her? Her twitter/instagram feed is full of self-deprecating typical single girl woes "Forever alone" "When will someone love me for me?", etc. This isn't unusual and I don't think a love interest was involved in this. I'm with the room-mate poisoning theory - just a really, really bad accident. I wonder if these are the two same people who unfollowed her on twitter. Then again, I would probably unfollow someone who passed away as well - some people find these kinds of things eerie. Perhaps I'm not giving these girls much credit but back in college, I wouldn't have thought twice if I didn't see my roomie in a day or two. Laura's suitemate didn't. And, if I recall correctly, Laura's radio was playing for the three or four days she was dead on her floor.

I agree. It was finals week, holiday season and just overall a lot going on. I used to not see my roommates in college either for a few days ifnu was staying w my boyfriend or working or studying.

Julia relished attention. She loved be at the center of it. Especially in this day and age with social media its very easy to say or do. things for that attention. I am hoping after this tragedy that Jennifer realizes that there are so many out there that love her and her family's that attention seeking isn't needed at all. I hope others read that as well. That is also why many of us that knew her are dismissing the twitter stuff.

They are selling ribbons to benefit the Niswender family at local businesses. There is also a Justice for Julia Facebook page and links there with info for donations. Now were just in a hold pattern til the tox screen is back

Laura Dickinson was found on the floor iirc. She was also raped. There is no sign of rape or trauma for Julia. Many knew that orange Taylor hung out on campus even though he wasnt a student anymore, which made it more suspicious

I'll check this thread daily for updates on the investigation into Julia's mysterious death. I'm trying to get some things accomplished around the house after a weekend of watching breaking news coverage of the CT school shooting. I haven't heard or read anything about the case today but hope that someone will post anything that they learn. Thanks.

I too have been checking here daily... I did read a comment on annarbor.com that someone wrote that he/she thinks that Julia's family may already know what happened to her, and that they are awaiting toxicology reports to confirm what they already know (paraphrasing). I don't know if there is any truth to that, but it makes me wonder if this person has insider information. But then I look at the fact that the "Justice for Julia" FB page has been created, and that leads me to believe that her family still suspects homicide.

I agree. It was finals week, holiday season and just overall a lot going on. I used to not see my roommates in college either for a few days ifnu was staying w my boyfriend or working or studying.

Julia relished attention. She loved be at the center of it. Especially in this day and age with social media its very easy to say or do. things for that attention. I am hoping after this tragedy that Jennifer realizes that there are so many out there that love her and her family's that attention seeking isn't needed at all. I hope others read that as well. That is also why many of us that knew her are dismissing the twitter stuff.

They are selling ribbons to benefit the Niswender family at local businesses. There is also a Justice for Julia Facebook page and links there with info for donations. Now were just in a hold pattern til the tox screen is back

Laura Dickinson was found on the floor iirc. She was also raped. There is no sign of rape or trauma for Julia. Many knew that orange Taylor hung out on campus even though he wasnt a student anymore, which made it more suspicious
From your second para, are you saying that the whole family are attention seekers, or that her sister is also an attention seeker? And because of Julias 'attention seeking', she made enough enemies for at least one of them to want to kill her?
Could you maybe broaden out what attention seeking means in this instance?

For me, Julia appeared to be an intelligent, beautiful, confident woman who was looking for her soul mate in the Spring of her life.
I cannot recall any nasty side to her from her online presence at all, so am at a loss as to why such a carefree individual could make an enemy. :(

I'm not saying they're attention seekers in a negative way. That was the best way I could explain it. They are all very outgoing, outspoken, strong women. They love being the Center of attention with their bubbly personalities. This is NOT meant in a negative way, but it helps to understand who Julia was as a person.

From what I have hears from people close to the family is they do know what happened but are not allowed to speak about it. It is hard to get back to a normal routine when we still have so many unanswered questions

The Washtenaw County Medical Examiner's office is bringing in some additional experts to help them with the process of determining Julia Niswender's cause of death. That's the word from Ypsilanti police, who also say they're following up on leads they've received, but can't offer any additional details. Niswender's death is being investigated as a possible homicide.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193180&page=4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member