MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but one would THINK that whatever suspicious materials were found next to the body - they would have had at least somewhat of an idea what to screen FOR? Also - there have been other articles that suggested they had a "idea" of who/what but didnt want to say a lot and "chase" off that person.

Right but one would THINK that whatever suspicious materials were found next to the body - they would have had at least somewhat of an idea what to screen FOR? Also - there have been other articles that suggested they had a "idea" of who/what but didnt want to say a lot and "chase" off that person.

We don't know what those suspicious materials were. They might have nothing to do with drugs.

well what other suspicious materials could their be? There was no sign of force/struggle/trauma to the body - so what other types of materials would be considered suspicious?

Police think it's a homicide. If the "suspicious materials" were drugs, why would police think that?

Homicide isnt murder.

Simply stated homicide is the killing of another human being.

Murder requires that their was an intent to kill another human being.

ie., guilty mind vs guilty act

Homicide isnt murder.

Simply stated homicide is the killing of another human being.

Murder requires that their was an intent to kill another human being.

ie., guilty mind vs guilty act

Did I say anything about murder? There are other possibilities with drugs. Police could have decided it was an overdose (which is an accident) or a suicide (which police would not be calling homicide).
Yet police believe this is a homicide. So what makes you think suspicious materials found were drugs?

Did I say anything about murder? There are other possibilities with drugs. Police could have decided it was an overdose (which is an accident) or a suicide (which police would not be calling homicide).
Yet police believe this is a homicide. So what makes you think suspicious materials found were drugs?

First - No you didnt say murder - not sure why your getting defensive?

I understand that it could have been an overdose - which could be considered a homicide - several cases like this have occured in Michigan recently where someone provided drugs that caused the death of the user and the provider was charged with homicide.

I dont believe any of us have thought it was suicide since we started following the case - as well as the family and news have never even hinted to that being the situation.

I did not say that the materials WERE drugs - I have simply asked what other types of items would be considered suspicious - especially after the last article posted stated that their were materials by her body - which I do not believe we had seen noted prior to this article. It could have been any form of drug or chemical or foreign substance that should not have been in her system. Look at the girl from CMU who's roommate tried to murder her with bleach ingestion.

I want to go back to the commentor on here awhile ago that stated that they had heard a rumor from people on campus that Julia had inhaled vapors of some kind (not intentionally)... Like someone had put something toxic in her room. I can't find the post, but that was the first time I had read mention of that "theory".

Also, I am wondering if the suspicious things found in her room is maybe not literally "things" but maybe position of her body, maybe disarray of her belongings, etc. I dunno...just throwing it out there.

I didn't know Julia, but from everything I have read, including trolling, she seemed like a fun but responsible person...not the type to booze it up with finals right around the corner. You would think that since she seemed to tell her sister everything, Jennifer would have known Julia's plans for the weekend...who she would be hanging out with, a study session, a dinner date with a friend, something that could narrow this down.

Btw...I know the term "Homicide" can be confusing for many people. Homicide is "The killing of one human being by another human being. Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts. These homicides are regarded as justified or excusable. For example, individuals may, in a necessary act of Self-Defense, kill a person who threatens them with death or serious injury, or they may be commanded or authorized by law to kill a person who is a member of an enemy force or who has committed a serious crime. Typically, the circumstances surrounding a killing determine whether it is criminal. The intent of the killer usually determines whether a criminal homicide is classified as murder or Manslaughter and at what degree. Modern statutes generally divide criminal homicide into two broad categories: murder and manslaughter. Murder is usually further divided into the first degree, which typically involves a premeditated intent to kill, and the second degree, which typically does not involve a premeditated intent to kill. Manslaughter typically involves an unintentional killing that resulted from a person's criminal negligence or reckless disregard for human life. Other legal defenses to a charge of criminal homicide include insanity, necessity, accident, and intoxication. Some of these defenses may provide an absolute defense to a charge of criminal homicide; some will not. For instance, a successful defense of voluntary intoxication generally will allow an individual to avoid prosecution for a premeditated murder, but typically it will not allow an individual to escape liability for any lesser charges, such as second-degree murder or manslaughter. As with any defense to a criminal charge, the accused's mental state will be a critical determinant of whether he or she had the requisite intent or mental capacity to commit a criminal homicide."

Found it!! It was posted by user: spring peonies "Another little tidbit I have to offer is that a co-worker of mine has a son who is dating a girl living at Peninsular Place. The son and girlfriend are also EMU students. According to my co-worker, "they" (not sure who "they" are) are telling students that Julia possibly ingested some kind of vapor. Not sure how much water this holds, but it sounds like another likely theory seeing as there was no trauma to her body."

Wow, a vapor??????? What the heck could that be?? Another mystery to think about!

I was away for a week and hoped that there would have been progress in this case by the time I returned home. As is the case in another local situation that I'm following on this board (Sandra Loepp, hit and run) I see that there has been little or no movement towards a resolution. I hope and pray that Julia's family will eventually have closure and some knowledge of what happened to their beloved daughter/sister.

Wow, a vapor??????? What the heck could that be?? Another mystery to think about!

When DH and I lived in the A2/Ypsi area in the late 60s/early 70s, the Huron River was frequently referred to as the Urine River. The PP (no pun intended) apartments appear to be close to the river. Could it be something in the water?

"Police were called to check on Julia that night and found her dead inside her locked bedroom. There were no outward signs of trauma, but there were some indicators of foul play. Exactly how she was killed is still unclear."

So, she is dead in a locked room, no signs off trauma, and they don't know how she was "killed".

That doesn't sound like a sound argument for murder to me.

These "indicators of foul play", whatever they are, could have been something she did herself.

"Police were called to check on Julia that night and found her dead inside her locked bedroom. There were no outward signs of trauma, but there were some indicators of foul play. Exactly how she was killed is still unclear."

So, she is dead in a locked room, no signs off trauma, and they don't know how she was "killed".

These "indicators of foul play", whatever they are, could have been something she did herself.

it was ruled a homicide but they are keeping all the details close to the vest. She didn't do anything to herself.

I don't think they're trying to make a "sound argument for murder." As previously stated by a couple different posters, homicide can be very different than murder.

I'm the one who had posted about the vapors... since then I have not heard anything else so I have no new information in that regard. However, I work for another local university in the area and I've seen reports and emails from our security about local students' drinks being spiked. I think someone posted a link to a news article about it a few posts ago. Apparently it's happening often enough that security sent out an email to the ENTIRE university, including the staff, faculty, and administration at the medical system associated with the university. Just something to think about!

I don't think they're trying to make a "sound argument for murder." As previously stated by a couple different posters, homicide can be very different than murder.

I'm the one who had posted about the vapors... since then I have not heard anything else so I have no new information in that regard. However, I work for another local university in the area and I've seen reports and emails from our security about local students' drinks being spiked. I think someone posted a link to a news article about it a few posts ago. Apparently it's happening often enough that security sent out an email to the ENTIRE university, including the staff, faculty, and administration at the medical system associated with the university. Just something to think about!

I read the article on annarbor.com regarding spiked drinks as well...however, the girl that they posted about said that she drank heavily, got sick, and then blacked out. I don't know about any of you guys but that pretty much sums up ALL of my drinking experiences!! :/ I am sure that there is more to that story but to me, it didn't sound like enough evidence to claim that her drink was "spiked". I guess anything is possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee