MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

From your article:

"Toxicology test results that investigators were waiting for have also come back and have yielded no conclusive information..."

"Up to this point, few new details have become available since the autopsy in December determined there were no signs of trauma on Niswender's body, but there were indicators of possible foul play."

Since there were no signs of trauma on Julia's body and the toxicology results were inconclusive, it really makes me wonder what indicators were found that suggested foul play. :waitasec:

From your article:

"Toxicology test results that investigators were waiting for have also come back and have yielded no conclusive information..."

"Up to this point, few new details have become available since the autopsy in December determined there were no signs of trauma on Niswender's body, but there were indicators of possible foul play."

Since there were no signs of trauma on Julia's body and the toxicology results were inconclusive, it really makes me wonder what indicators were found that suggested foul play. :waitasec:

That is the $60,000 question to me, too!

:waitasec:

The repeating sound of an alarm clock and unanswered calls from her parents reportedly led to the request for police.

Officers were dispatched at about 9:30 p.m. Dec. 11 to perform a welfare check on the student after her family and friends hadn't heard from her in a couple days,

Dec 11 was a Tuesday.
Only the roommates could report a repeating sound of an alarm clock, for almost two days, or at least two mornings!!
Their testimony, which IMO is indirectly given through the vague MSM release, confirms they were hearing alarms and Julias phone ringing at various points of the day Monday and Tuesday. I don't think the roommates were going to report anything suspicious that Tuesday evening!

Perhaps Im the only one who thinks its odd that a cell phone and alarm went off for two days and neither roommate thought it was "odd"??? Which also means she most likely passed on Sunday night - and I THOUGHT at one point she had spoken to her family on Sunday afternoon?

I have talked to her twin sister and she had lunch with Julia on Sunday at Wal Marts where Julia worked. After lunch, the sister returned home to Monroe - which is about an hour away. So, that's on Sunday afternoon......

Ok guys...I have FINALLY found out who the other roommate is: Arianna Gaw. She has a FB page filled with photos of support for Justice for Julia!! She very clearly loved and loves Julia very much, is no longer living in the apartment (moved back in with her parents), and is also friends with Julia's family. This is a huge contrast from the other roommate.

Also, from Arianna's FB posts, she thanked a mutual friend Rachel Weyhing for being with her the night that police came to do the welfare check on Julia and found her. She said that she was so thankful that Rachel was there to be with her.... So it appears that the other roommate Kortney was not at the apartment when police were called.

@Trojan, that info tidbit you gave about Julia having lunch with her sister at Walmart really helps narrow down the time that Julia was last seen alive... I wonder if Julia was working that day and that is why they ate lunch there together?

Yes, Julia was working that day (Sunday). You are right about the roommate and the friend. Rachel was a good friend of Julia's and I believe they both worked at Walmart. I'm not sure exactly what time Julia got off work on that Sunday, but I have heard she was scheduled to work on Monday and never made it or even called in - extremely unusual for her as she was never had done that in her entire working career! I don't know when she was scheduled to work on Monday either.

Perhaps Im the only one who thinks its odd that a cell phone and alarm went off for two days and neither roommate thought it was "odd"??? Which also means she most likely passed on Sunday night - and I THOUGHT at one point she had spoken to her family on Sunday afternoon?

No... You are not the only one that thinks it odd for the room mates to hear the alarm go off continuously for that amount of time.. And to wait so long before alerting anyone...

:waitasec:

ETA... Now that I am finding out more about AG room mate... I need to rethink this..

AG seems to have been in a very scarey situation... :(

I wonder why when she didnt show for work on Monday it didnt throw a flag? Unless that was one of the calls that was being made to her cell phone which kept ringing? And then coworkers became even more upset when she didnt show for the work Christmas party? As well as by Tuesday her family was starting to question why they hadnt heard from her? And we now can ASSUME that Arianna became concerned and called over the alarm/phone/car. It sounds like everyone really just came together on Tuesday and determined something was really wrong and that they should call.

Arianna is the other roommate and is the one that I think called...Rachel is the mutual friend that came over to be with her while the police opened Julia's door.

@justnosey
You are right. Arianna was a roommate and Rachel was a close friend of Julia. Rachel was with Arianna when the police arrived at the apartment.

Tomorrow will be two months since they found Julia dead. How close are they to solving this or even arresting someone? I sure think this is a bit puzzling to all concerned. I believe they have the local police, Michigan State Police and even the FBI working on this. I hope that they make some progress soon. I suspect the person of interest will turn out to be someone that Julia knew. Just a hunch!! Could it be a friend, a classmate, a coworker, a relative or family ??? I believe that whoever it may have been, she let them into her room. What happened after that is the mystery. All in all, resolving this soon may help the immediate family with their "closure". I keep checking on this every day or two in hopes that something will finally be revealed.

This family really needs all of the prayers we can possibly give them as they struggle with the mental/physical effects of not having any answers two months later as well as continuing to grieve.

According to a post made by a friend and co-worker "Samantha" on the Justice For Julia FB page, she says that Julia finished work at 5pm on that Sunday and they walked out of work together and that Julia's only plans for that evening were to stay at home and study for finals. Another friend and co-worker, "Amber" also confirmed that info as well.

Still no new news on this? I'm still perplexed as to how the police decided foul play was involved with no signs of trauma and nothing in toxicology.

Just throwing some things out there... Could it have been alcohol related? Maybe she drank too much, passed out and choked on her vomit? "Foul play" could be lack of responsibility to make sure she was safe?

@Kaliste, I do not believe alcohol related asphyxia is relevant in this situation. Cause of death has been classified as "undetermined" and Toxicology report has come back "inconclusive". Alcohol would have shown up, and if a person chokes on their own vomit from drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and then blacking out, petichiae is present on the face. Since the ME has stated that there are no outward signs of trauma to Julia's body, I think we can rule this out. However, I would like to point out that the police in this case have been very specific in the language used in their press releases...we have already discussed the legal definition of the term "homicide".... They have also used the term "foul play". Legally, "foul play" is used when there is a "murder"... Not with accidental death, not with manslaughter, not with suicide. Foul Play is an intentional dishonest or unfair, violent or criminal action or actions committed by another resulting in death.

mister nurse just had to attend a function on campus and brought me home my very own Justice for Julia shirt and a bracelet!

He said there was a table set up in the student center.

I have to continue to agree with nosey - Nothing that has been said so far points towards alcohol or drugs. The wording throughout the entire investigation has been very specific - both by the police and by the families...

Here's praying that some answers appear soon - I am becoming interested with the amount of interviewing they are doing - even to random co-workers who weren't "friends" or even "friendly" with Julia.

I wish SOMEONE would shed just one small drop of information that may crack this whole thing for her family. And SHAME SHAME SHAME on the person who is withholding that information intentionally - because at this point we all know SOMEONE is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee