MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kaliste, I do not believe alcohol related asphyxia is relevant in this situation. Cause of death has been classified as "undetermined" and Toxicology report has come back "inconclusive". Alcohol would have shown up, and if a person chokes on their own vomit from drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and then blacking out, petichiae is present on the face. Since the ME has stated that there are no outward signs of trauma to Julia's body, I think we can rule this out. However, I would like to point out that the police in this case have been very specific in the language used in their press releases...we have already discussed the legal definition of the term "homicide".... They have also used the term "foul play". Legally, "foul play" is used when there is a "murder"... Not with accidental death, not with manslaughter, not with suicide. Foul Play is an intentional dishonest or unfair, violent or criminal action or actions committed by another resulting in death.

Thanks for the clarification on the legal terms :) This case is just so strange my brain tries to make sense out of it.

I have seen the word "vapors" used previously. I'm not suggesting it's a fact in this case, but it's still been on my mind and I keep trying to think of what type of vapor/s might be used in an incidence of foul play. Any ideas?

I have seen the word "vapors" used previously. I'm not suggesting it's a fact in this case, but it's still been on my mind and I keep trying to think of what type of vapor/s might be used in an incidence of foul play. Any ideas?

I have been wondering the same thing!! When this was posted as a rumor, I was thinking maybe a toxic gas of some kind... I have no science background so I am clueless :(

The only question that I have with believing it was "vapor" related is - What would have been left behind to make them lean towards homicide/foul play

I woke up this morning wondering if Julia ever used/needed an inhaler (like for asthma)? I am sure I am way off...

Or maybe she used a vaporizer/humidifier in her room?

The police are continuing to interview more and more people. At least the investigation is on-going and is very active. I'm sure they know a lot more than what they have released and I just hope they are moving closer to solving this mystery. I don't believe Julia used an inhaler or had asthma or even had a vaporizer. I think I read where she was on the track team in high school which leads me to believe she was pretty healthy. The family has been very visible on the EMU campus in hopes that someone who knows something will come forward.

The police are continuing to interview more and more people. At least the investigation is on-going and is very active. I'm sure they know a lot more than what they have released and I just hope they are moving closer to solving this mystery. I don't believe Julia used an inhaler or had asthma or even had a vaporizer. I think I read where she was on the track team in high school which leads me to believe she was pretty healthy. The family has been very visible on the EMU campus in hopes that someone who knows something will come forward.

@Trojan: Do you know who is being interviewed more and more? Or at least, from which group? Friends, co-workers, family, etc.? Trojan, I know you said that you were very good friends with Julia in your first post and I was trying to remember how you said that you knew her...school, work, etc.? Since you talk with her sister....any ideas/rumors as to what happened? Who did it? I was so discouraged reading the recent back and forth posts by Julia's friends/co-workers on the Justice for Julia FB Page regarding remembering Julia's last few days with them for the purposes of creating a timeline...I was so hoping that those close to her had already had that talk amongst each other and know something that we don't :(

Unless someone planted something giving off vapours and left it quickly before they were affected, and also something that killed without leaking out of the room, it sounds a bit dubious... However if you leave out "vapours" and just stick with "inhaled".. it could have been chloroform or something similar, put over the face. If she was asleep it might have happened so quickly she never had time to wake up and struggle.

@Trojan: Do you know who is being interviewed more and more? Or at least, from which group? Friends, co-workers, family, etc.? Trojan, I know you said that you were very good friends with Julia in your first post and I was trying to remember how you said that you knew her...school, work, etc.? Since you talk with her sister....any ideas/rumors as to what happened? Who did it? I was so discouraged reading the recent back and forth posts by Julia's friends/co-workers on the Justice for Julia FB Page regarding remembering Julia's last few days with them for the purposes of creating a timeline...I was so hoping that those close to her had already had that talk amongst each other and know something that we don't :(

@justnosey
It seems like they are re-interviewing almost everyone, friends, family, room mates and even other people who live in the apartment complex. As far as my relationship to Julia, yes - we are related and she is definitely considered "family" (that's all I will say about our relationship). As to what exactly happened, I really have no idea and know only what the police release or what I've read on FB. :banghead:
The timeline (as I see it) is basically from Sunday evening to when she was found Tuesday evening although I tend to believe it happened late Sunday night after 10PM and before midnight. Just my personal guess. I also believe that whoever it was, Julia knew the person and actually let them into her room. Again, my personal opinion. What happened after that is the mystery. My prayers go out each and every night for her immediate family and friends that this will be solved in a timely manner and justice will be served. :jail:

I noticed Jenn says she was feeling so good the other day. I like to think to myself that she has maybe been given positive news in the investigation, however I am aware she has been poorly and in hospital so could simply be that.
I have daily hope for her that she and the rest of her immediate family get closure on Julia's death.

I also noticed one of Julia's cousins getting cryptic again in her tweets recently.
So much to say but always holding it in. Stomach in knots, just waiting on a sign from Julia to do right by her. Amongst others.

All very strange imo.

:tyou: to the locals or those who knew/know Julia and her family for keeping us informed about the progress (or lack thereof) in the case.

@justnosey
It seems like they are re-interviewing almost everyone, friends, family, room mates and even other people who live in the apartment complex. As far as my relationship to Julia, yes - we are related and she is definitely considered "family" (that's all I will say about our relationship). As to what exactly happened, I really have no idea and know only what the police release or what I've read on FB. :banghead:
The timeline (as I see it) is basically from Sunday evening to when she was found Tuesday evening although I tend to believe it happened late Sunday night after 10PM and before midnight. Just my personal guess. I also believe that whoever it was, Julia knew the person and actually let them into her room. Again, my personal opinion. What happened after that is the mystery. My prayers go out each and every night for her immediate family and friends that this will be solved in a timely manner and justice will be served. :jail:

Thanks Trojan! :)

Even though I did not know Julia, as a two time alumna of Eastern Michigan University and a resident in close proximity, I can't stop wondering what on earth happened to this dear young woman. It AMAZES me that almost 2 1/2 months have gone by and no information has been released on how she was killed. No signs of trauma on her body, toxicology reports inconclusive, yet the police department cites signs of foul play and call it a homicide? I have never been so confused. If I am this on edge, I can't imagine how her family and friends are feeling.

Even though I did not know Julia, as a two time alumna of Eastern Michigan University and a resident in close proximity, I can't stop wondering what on earth happened to this dear young woman. It AMAZES me that almost 2 1/2 months have gone by and no information has been released on how she was killed. No signs of trauma on her body, toxicology reports inconclusive, yet the police department cites signs of foul play and call it a homicide? I have never been so confused. If I am this on edge, I can't imagine how her family and friends are feeling.

Welcome to Websleuths, electric_rainbow! :wagon:

Thank you for posting in Julia's thread and for your local perspective. :gthanks:

I, too, cannot stop wondering what happened to Julia. :(

Trojan - Im wondering steered you to the between 10 pm and midnight. I too tend to believe that it happened on Sunday night but hadnt had enough enough for an exact time frame.

I wonder if they have reviewed her cellphone usage - ie., facebook activity, twitter, texting, browsing etc.,

@justnosey

@MIMOMMY - I'm sure they have reviewed all the things you mentioned plus anything else they could track down. Like I said the 10-midnight time frame is merely a guess for me. I'm sure she did not go to class on Monday, so that leads me to late Sunday night or early Monday morning. I just wish the would be an official update soon.

Still no news on this? A seemingly healthy young woman is found dead in her locked bedroom with no obvious signs of trauma and nothing conclusive in the toxicology report yet her death has been ruled a homicide. What the heck could have happened?! Her poor family :( How can you properly grieve with so many questions? I can't imagine how difficult this must be for them.

Does anyone think this could have been a "professional" job. You really have to wonder as the authorities have had almost 3 months and don't seem to be making much progress. If this was a "professional" job, then the question is why... did she see something she wasn't suppose to see??? Every crime has a motive, what was the motive for this murder?? Looks like the start of an unsolved crime! I hope not for the family's sake. This has been very hard on them.

Does anyone think this could have been a "professional" job. You really have to wonder as the authorities have had almost 3 months and don't seem to be making much progress. If this was a "professional" job, then the question is why... did she see something she wasn't suppose to see??? Every crime has a motive, what was the motive for this murder?? Looks like the start of an unsolved crime! I hope not for the family's sake. This has been very hard on them.

Since there's been no word from LE, it does make you wonder about such things. But with "professional hit" my first thought would be a gunshot but that could be just because I've seen too many movies. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor