MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stunned. In all of the scenarios we came up with as a possible cod we never thought drowning. I guess that is because the LE said she was found in her bedroom. I guess she had a private attached bathroom then? Why is Homeland Security involved??!! Very, very strange. Even though I didn't know Julia, I feel like the band aide has just been ripped off by this news. I hope that everyone else will feel the same way so that this mystery can be solved and this poor girl can have justice and rip. :(

I was hopeful :please: when I read about the $10,000 reward this morning and later heard about it on the radio. I thought that LE had finally determined COD and was only lacking one or two small pieces of evidence to make an arrest. I hope that the information about the (deliberate) drowning prompts someone to come forward with whatever they know about who visited Jennifer the night that she died.

Thoughts and prayers for Jennifer's family and friends. :rose:

They have been conducting interviews with people in Ohio up to the Upper Peninsula.

Why why why?

It is obvious, to me anyway, that Julia knew and probably invited her killer into her apartment.

Have LE even determined the last person to see Julia alive? Wasn't she working that (Dec 9th) Sunday afternoon? Were any of the two roommates at home when Julia got back?

According to annarbornews.com, a reporter just posted that one of their lead reporters just spoke with the lead detective on the case and that they will be updating with more info shortly!!!

@ BetteDavisEyes I think you meant to say "who visited Julia", not Jennifer.

There are new videos on ABC News from Detriot and ABC News from Toledo. Most Detroit and Toledo TV stations and papers have new articles about this.

I will never understand how LE can say there is no danger to a community when a murderer has not been arrested. Even if Julie knew this person, anyone who could murder a person in a bathtub is obviously a potential danger to anyone else who he or she believes has thwarted or angered them in some way. That is a cop-out (pardon the pun) by LE. I think it generally means they have a POI, but until an arrest is made, others ARE in possible danger.

I disagree it makes perfect sence their telling them that it's not some random physcopath out thier killing anyone . you don't wanna set everyone off in a panic that they leave town maybe the killer also . It's commen sence to lock your doors and windows dont let your kids run around alone do that and the public dont have to worry .Sad as it is she is dead ya but they must know its someone she knew ..

I doubt anyone is going to leave town. People have jobs, lives, homes, pay tuition to the school, etc in Ypsilanti. You can't just pack up and go on some vacation for weeks or months before they catch the guy. I'm not sure why LE saying that there is a danger to the community would cause the killer to skip town either.

Police often will say there is alot less going on then what there really is behind closed doors because they may have a bead on the suspect and don;t want him to leave town.

If I were her twin sister, I'd be scared. Does the sister go to EMU? I don't know how they can say the public isn't in danger when the killer has not yet been caught, tried, convicted--and locked up. I'm glad my son graduated from there long ago and no longer lives down there or goes to school there. I'm glad my oldest granddaughter decided to go to U of M in Flint.

Holy Moly!!!! Never would have thought she had drowned :( this is just so sad. How can this happen with no marks? Was she already IN the bath when someone came and killed her? Or maybe someone she was very close with? It's not easy to start a bath, shove someone in there and drown them with no marks... Right?? This is so odd!

Holy Moly!!!! Never would have thought she had drowned :( this is just so sad. How can this happen with no marks? Was she already IN the bath when someone came and killed her? Or maybe someone she was very close with? It's not easy to start a bath, shove someone in there and drown them with no marks... Right?? This is so odd!

I think it's likely she was taking a bath when the killer broke in. I think the reason why drownings are so rare as form of murder is because the victim is usually not near a body of water when they meet up with their killer. I have a hard time imagining someone breaking into her apartment, somehow subduing her while they start up the bath (It takes a long time for my bath to get a decent amount of water) and then drowning her in it. For some reason, it is hard for me to imagine someone planning on drowning someone unless they are on a boat or something, and they think they can make it look like an accident.

Wow, I just can't believe this. I've been following this so closely since it happened. Even my boyfriend who writes for a local paper would consult me for information! I don't understand how she could have been drowned without any sort of trauma to her body. Surely there would have been something if she struggled? And if there was no struggle, surely something used to subdue her would have shown up in the ("inconclusive") toxicology report?

I can't imagine how Julia's family is feeling right now. This entire time we've been waiting for some mystery CoD. I would be so upset if I was just recently finding out that the CoD wasn't a huge mystery at all.

Mea culpa. I just noticed that in my post upthread I referred to the victim as Jennifer, not Julia. My apologies for the error. :blushing: I had just read about the drowning and watched a video clip and was saddened by the news. :(

April 10, 2013 at 7:09 am

Cause released in December death of EMU student

By Associated Press

Ypsilanti — Police say a 23-year-old Eastern Michigan University student whose December death was ruled a homicide was found drowned in a bathtub.

AnnArbor.com reports Ypsilanti police Chief Amy Walker on Tuesday confirmed the cause of Julia Niswender's death after family released information about it earlier in the day. Walker says the cause was asphyxiation associated with drowning...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130410/METRO/304100379#ixzz2Q4Gx1psR

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsila...-confirms-julia-niswender-drowned-in-bathtub/

........."I can't get into any of that," Walker said. "These detectives have a difficult case and have been working vigorously. It's not a clear-cut case. There's some sensitive information. ...The fact that the family is going public, I can't control it."

This is extremely interesting to me.

I'm wondering if the family are fully aware of what the sensitive information is. If they are not, then what are the police holding back here and ultimately will there be a bombshell to come in this case?

RIP Julia.

Just found this thread and the latest news. I am so saddened, but at least there finally is some news as to what happened to Julia. Thank you all for continuing to follow and post on this case.

(Julia grew up near where I live).

:wagon: Spellbound! :welcome:

Sorry to meet you under such sad circumstances, though...

:seeya:

So glad to hear movement in this case!

Interesting new (to me) information:

- Found drowned in bathtub in unnatural position

- No sexual assault

- Over 100 people poly graphed and all have passed

My questions/observations:

- Could very well be a female perp (no sexual assault)

- I did not realize she had a bathroom of "her own" ...

-I wonder if there is someone NOT consenting to a polygraph?

ETA:... I am glad the family has made the decision to go public with this information....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member