MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BENEFIT EVENT

Niswender benefit Thursday at Big Digger

A Justice for Julia benefit is being held Thursday at the Big Digger on E. Elm Ave.

Proceeds will be used to fund the Julia Catherine Niswender TWIN Scholarship. A $15 entry fee includes a buffet provided by J’s Smokehouse & the Clamdigger. Live bands and raffles are included. The event runs from 6 to 10 p.m.

Attachments

• monroe-68v3kyny80xq44jn4hx_original_t728.jpg
    monroe-68v3kyny80xq44jn4hx_original_t728.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
Hi All,
Been on vacation and busy doing other things. Doesn't look like there's really been any "new" news released about this homicide. I hope and pray each and every day that something will be "discovered' or someone with new information will come forward. You'd think a $10,000 reward would really encourage people, especially struggling college students!
Has anyone heard anything "new" ?

We do not sleuth family members as it is against TOS.

Praying for a break in this case...:please:

The Renee Welka case is from 1994. She was shot while in her car outside her apartment complex not inside her living quarters like Julia Niswender and Paul DeWolf. There was a one-time suspect who was arrested and charged with the murder but was let go due to insufficient evidence.

Julia and Paul lived on campus or very close to their respective college campuses. Renee Welka attended Eastern Michigan University but did not live on campus; she lived in an apartment in Pittsfield Township that is about 5 miles from the campus of EMU.

Julia Niswender who attended Eastern Michigan like Renee Welka wasn't the victim of a gunshot. She was found drowned in her bathtub with no trauma to her body.

Paul DeWolf was a medical student at The University of Michigan died of a single gunshot in his room in a fraternity house.

The Renee Welka case is from 1994. I strongly doubt that there is any connection whatsoever to Paul DeWolf's murder or that of Julia Niswender who was drowned in her bathtub. :moo:

I strongly doubt there is a connection, too. HOWEVER, in cases with few leads and no resolution, perhaps grasping at straws is just what needs to be done. It cannot hurt (I don't think any time invested is wasted time in a murder investigation), and it just might give investigators a fresh line of inquiry. IMO

That area seems a virtual nest of serial predators.

We have -

the Co-ed murders
The Ann Arbor Hospital murders
Larry and Danny Raines
Don Miller
The Babysitter
Coral Eugene Watts
Henry Lee Lucas
The Royal Oak Sniper.

:cow:

Im not sure how we are correlating the above mentioned crimes with Julia's case? I can do a google search for murders in any given state and come up with an extensive list? How do they fit into this particular one? If it is based solely on "location" we might as well throw Detroit into the mix - and we'll all be busy reading information for years and years...:twocents:

Some of these crimes are stemming from as far back as 1967?

Im not sure how we are correlating the above mentioned crimes with Julia's case? I can do a google search for murders in any given state and come up with an extensive list? How do they fit into this particular one? If it is based solely on "location" we might as well throw Detroit into the mix - and we'll all be busy reading information for years and years...:twocents:

Some of these crimes are stemming from as far back as 1967?

I haven't "correlated" anything.

I am merely pointing out that two unexplained student deaths are two too many, in my head.

I am also pointing out that something about Michigan seems to lend itself to the development of serial killers - vile ones.

Then again, something about the US seems to hatch them too.

The best way to predict the future is to look at the past. Serial killers seem to thrive in Michigan, and students seem to be the target of choice.

Students generally don't get murdered in other countries. Maybe that's the reason I find the Niswender/DeWolf cases so suspicious and possibly linked, possibly serial.

Two young happy successful students in the same county, murdered in their rooms, no sign of a struggle, no suspects, no discernible motive for either, in a part of the country where students seem to have an extraordinarily high mortality rate.

I don't like coincidences. You don't have to agree.

IMO all murders are too many.

Also - I have attached a list of another states list of "serial killers"...(below) If Michigan is a breeding ground for serial killers...I wonder what you would call this state?

Im sorry to go back to the initial beginning of the serial killer theory - but Im wondering what makes you think this was the work of a serial killer? Or again why it's attached to this case?

Buenoano Judias Florida 3 1978 1980 Details
Durousseau Paul Florida 7 6 1997 2003 Details
Evans Gary Florida 7 1985 1997 Details
Gore David The Killing Cousins Florida 6 1981 1983 Details
Jesperson Keith Happy Face Killer Florida 8 1990 1995 Details
Lindsey William Red Bird/ Crazy Bill Florida 7 Details
Long Bobby The Classified Ad Rapist Florida 10 1984 1984 Details
Reséndiz Ángel The Railway Killer Florida 24 16 1986 1999 Details
Rode Adolf Cesar Barone Florida 5 1980 1993 Details
Rogers Glen The Cross Country Killer Florida 70 5 1992 1995 Details
Rolling Danny The Gainesville Ripper Florida 5 1989 1990 Details
Silveria Robert The Boxcar Serial Killer Florida 34+ 14 1995 1995 Details
Smithers Samuel Florida 2 1996 1996 Details
Stano Eugene Florida 41 1975 1980 Details
Toole Ottis Florida 3 1981 1983 Details
Waterfield Fred The Killing Cousins Florida 6 1981 1983 Details
Wilder Christopher Florida 9 9 1984 1984 Details
Wuornos Aileen "Lee" Damsel of Death Florida 7 1989 1990 Details

The information I have makes it pretty clear that Julia's case was not the work of a serial killer. And do most serial killers have a pattern? I know you keep referring to the fact that they were both college students in Michigan. But that's really quite simply where the similarities end. There is a significant difference between shot and drown in the bathtub IMO of course. Unfortunately - if I could go into details, as Ive said previously, there are distinctive things about Julia's case that are VERY specific to her case.

Also - I have attached a list of another states list of "serial killers"...(below) If Michigan is a breeding ground for serial killers...I wonder what you would call this state?

Im sorry to go back to the initial beginning of the serial killer theory - but Im wondering what makes you think this was the work of a serial killer? Or again why it's attached to this case?

Buenoano Judias Florida 3 1978 1980 Details
Durousseau Paul Florida 7 6 1997 2003 Details
Evans Gary Florida 7 1985 1997 Details
Gore David The Killing Cousins Florida 6 1981 1983 Details
Jesperson Keith Happy Face Killer Florida 8 1990 1995 Details
Lindsey William Red Bird/ Crazy Bill Florida 7 Details
Long Bobby The Classified Ad Rapist Florida 10 1984 1984 Details
Reséndiz Ángel The Railway Killer Florida 24 16 1986 1999 Details
Rode Adolf Cesar Barone Florida 5 1980 1993 Details
Rogers Glen The Cross Country Killer Florida 70 5 1992 1995 Details
Rolling Danny The Gainesville Ripper Florida 5 1989 1990 Details
Silveria Robert The Boxcar Serial Killer Florida 34+ 14 1995 1995 Details
Smithers Samuel Florida 2 1996 1996 Details
Stano Eugene Florida 41 1975 1980 Details
Toole Ottis Florida 3 1981 1983 Details
Waterfield Fred The Killing Cousins Florida 6 1981 1983 Details
Wilder Christopher Florida 9 9 1984 1984 Details
Wuornos Aileen "Lee" Damsel of Death Florida 7 1989 1990 Details

The information I have makes it pretty clear that Julia's case was not the work of a serial killer. And do most serial killers have a pattern? I know you keep referring to the fact that they were both college students in Michigan. But that's really quite simply where the similarities end. There is a significant difference between shot and drown in the bathtub IMO of course. Unfortunately - if I could go into details, as Ive said previously, there are distinctive things about Julia's case that are VERY specific to her case.

If someone has information that others don't, then it's no wonder they disagree.

I don't have whatever mystery information you do, so I'm just sleuthing.

Apparently that offends...not sure why. :dunno:

If Michigan is a breeding ground for serial killers...I wonder what you would call this state?

<respectfully snipped>

What about Colorado? It must be the epicenter for mass shooters since both Columbine and the Aurora movie theatre massacres happened there.

If someone has information that others don't, then it's no wonder they disagree.

I don't have whatever mystery information you do, so I'm just sleuthing.

Apparently that offends...not sure why. :dunno:

Im merely bothered by the fact that someone who does not live in the area is labeling it as a breeding ground for serial killers. Interestingly, if you were from the area or visited you would easily be able to see that Ann Arbor is one of the safest "cities" you could live in. It is very alive with the "hippie" culture of "peace, love, organics, and art". :rockon:

You could walk down any sidewalk late at night and feel safe - in fact - you will most always see this occurring as students, interns, and doctors leave late night shifts at the hospital and walk to parking garages or bus stops...

If you read the case in it's entirety you will have plenty of your sleuthing already done. As far as mystery info - as with all cases there are things not leaked to the general public in all cases...especially when still looking for a killer.

I will say this - Ypsilanti police as well as the FBI and all other law enforcement agencies involved have clearly assured the family as well as the general public that this is not a serial case. :waitasec:

Im merely bothered by the fact that someone who does not live in the area is labeling it as a breeding ground for serial killers. Interestingly, if you were from the area or visited you would easily be able to see that Ann Arbor is one of the safest "cities" you could live in. It is very alive with the "hippie" culture of "peace, love, organics, and art". :rockon:

You could walk down any sidewalk late at night and feel safe - in fact - you will most always see this occurring as students, interns, and doctors leave late night shifts at the hospital and walk to parking garages or bus stops...

If you read the case in it's entirety you will have plenty of your sleuthing already done. As far as mystery info - as with all cases there are things not leaked to the general public in all cases...especially when still looking for a killer.

I will say this - Ypsilanti police as well as the FBI and all other law enforcement agencies involved have clearly assured the family as well as the general public that this is not a serial case. :waitasec:

As there has been no arrest, there is still plenty to sleuth. I'm not privy to LE theories or suspicion at this point, or even what turns the investigation may take.

Also, Julia was murdered BEFORE Paul Dewolf so I guess at that point, there was no suspicion of a serial.

Maybe there is now. :dunno:

Well there have been press releases AFTER the death of Paul that once again repeated that LE did not believe there was cause for community concern.

As well as the info. I gave that the cases are not related was given to me less than a month ago - well after Paul's death.

As there has been no arrest, there is still plenty to sleuth. I'm not privy to LE theories or suspicion at this point, or even what turns the investigation may take.

Also, Julia was murdered BEFORE Paul Dewolf so I guess at that point, there was no suspicion of a serial.

Maybe there is now. :dunno:

If you claim to have inside information you must clear it through WS Administration first before you post that information. Once that is done you can state you are verified. Form at link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Second. If you have issues with a post or poster hit the alert button and a MOD will make a decision. Do not take it upon yourself to admonish another poster.

Hi All,
I've been off line for quite a while....... There does not seem to be any new releases of information, so all we have left is to do our own sleuthing and theorizing! I pray for more information from LE or even an arrest would be great. JUSTICE FOR JULIA !!!!

Well I have now been "verified" by the Websleuths team.

After speaking with them I will now be able to tell you all when you are going on a "rabbit chase" - ie., I will be able to simply say - that exploring that avenue is a waste of our time and resources - the only time I would say this is if I KNEW that the road could not be beneficial due to inside information I do have.

Thank you for allowing the verification to occur websleuther's team. I do know that there is a direct family member that participates on this particular case - perhaps they should verify as well and the two of us can work together to steer others off of dead end trails.

Praying for the family!:please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member