MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads me to wonder what the tox report stated. Were there drugs of any kind found in her system? Yes, this sounds like someone very ninja-like. I did, however, seem to remember it being stated that the room was in disarray. Did that seem consistent with a struggle, or were they looking for something, like the key? I find the fact that they locked the door on the way out particularly interesting, and telegraphs premeditation. Meaning, they knew of her medical condition and were trying to feign her death attributed to that? Again, to me, the door being locked is particularly notable, and the fact the key was gone is doubly so. Further, the fact no one heard anything is curious as well. Was her room situated in a manner that would have isolated sounds to some degree? One thing seems apparent to me, whomever did this had it well planned out, and executed their "mission" with skill. But why? What did Julia know that required her to be silenced? Had she had recent arguments with anyone that we know of? I really think we need to go back to Jennifer for more answers there. I can't imagine her twin not knowing about any significant concern her twin had.

Look at Julia's Twitter feeds for November 26. One post in very large fonts, "Trust no one" along with several Instagram links about trust and fake people. Something happened in her life around that date. Was there a breakup with a boyfriend?

Channel 4 noon news coming up shortly. I hope they mention the hearing today and the time it's set to start. I have errands to run this afternoon but would like to watch the hearing if it's live streamed.

Court again in early April. The case against KT in Family Court has been dismissed.

Court again in early April. The case against KT in Family Court has been dismissed.

I'd like to update the court information. JT's pretrial has been scheduled for April 10th in Circuit Court. The case in Probate Court concerning the minor child has been scheduled for April 30th. This is the information I recently received from family in Michigan.

Look at Julia's Twitter feeds for November 26. One post in very large fonts, "Trust no one" along with several Instagram links about trust and fake people. Something happened in her life around that date. Was there a breakup with a boyfriend?

Yes, that could be a significant posting considering the proximity to her death. I interpret "trust no one" as "I trusted someone close to me, and they breached that trust. If I can't trust them, I can't trust anyone. TRUST NO ONE".

And who could that someone be? Hmmm....

I'd like to update the court information. JT's pretrial has been scheduled for April 10th in Circuit Court. The case in Probate Court concerning the minor child has been scheduled for April 30th. This is the information I recently received from family in Michigan.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am a little confused.... so the case that has been rescheduled on 4/30 regarding the minor child, is this different than the case MIMommy is referring to that has been dismissed in family court?

Edit...I think i may understand. No case against Kim in family court but just against JT?

I don't know what the actual time line is but I've constructed one that seems to indicate this being done between late Sunday night and early Monday morning. Since this building houses primarily college students I came to some conclusions...... Since this was the time very near "finals"( Julia had mentioned to her sister that she wanted to study), most students would not have been out too late in bars and such. Also, this being the case, there would be less chance of a person leaving the area and being seen if it was let's say between 2 and 5 AM. Her apartment was on the first floor and not too far from a building exit, thus less chance of seeing anyone while leaving. Drowning her in a bath tub could possibly help by covering or confusing some of the evidence. My question is :"How much water was in the tub when LE found her?" I would imagine over a few days, some if not all of the water may have "leaked" out. That's JMO. The TOX report has not been released to the public, so I'm very curious as to what is says.

Thank you, Trojan1966. Every time you post, it seems to clear my mind, and this time about that Sunday night to the early morning. Do you have any idea what Turnquist was up to before they all tucked in, on Sunday night, the Saturday before it or Friday even? I imagine these are times you've considered and wondered about for two years, so please, again do not feel compelled to answer. I very much appreciate your insight.

Random thoughts:
Who was home at the apartment that night, anyone? If the Perp locked the door from the inside and escaped via window, and if a roommate or guest they would have had to re-enter through the main door, wouldn't that seem odd if some one was home?

Were the roommates accustomed to having overnight guests? I do not think this was random, and the more I follow this case, it becomes more evident that it had to be someone that knew Julia.

Someone that knew she had a medical condition, knew a key was needed to lock the bedroom door from inside. Not smart enough to leave water running in tub if trying to stage a tragic accident.

They turned the water off, locked the door, took the key.

This had to be someone that was ALLOWED to enter the apartment and would not look suspicious if they didnt exit through the main door. I cannot help but wonder if it was a roommate or someone close to one of the roommates.

I find it hard to imagine Mom or sister's to look the other way if JT went missing or could not corroborate his whereabouts for 2-3 hours on a Sunday night early Monday morning.

I also tend to believe that it was Sunday night early enough for Julia to still be up and before getting ready for bed, since she was partially clothed but I am assuming it wasn't pajamas or what she slept in. Was it what she wore to lunch that day?

If it was finals week, again I find it difficult to believe that not one of her roommates weren't home all Sunday night?

No one heard the tub water being ran? No one besides Jennifer saw or spoke to Julia that Sunday after work?

If Julia was home alone wouldn't the apartment door most likely be locked? Does one have to be "buzzed" in to enter the building?

I keep coming back to this being another tenent from the apartment building or someone living in that apartment.

I do not recall who upthread said it but I do think the staging was absolutely an effort to distance the perp from their whereabouts being questioned.

I think the key and the running of a bath are the 2 things standing out to me.

I may have been in error concerning the Probate Court action. MIMOMMY was correct that the Family Court case has been dismissed. Sorry if I confused anyone but I just posted what I had been told. My daughter told me the charges were dropped.

^ Is the "no contact" with children under 16 still in effect for JT? Does the dismissal of the probate case mean that JT can now see his 12-year-old daughter, or is that still in place due to the criminal charge? :confused:

I just spent the last couple hours sifting through various reports on "Criminal Profile of Stranglers" online. There is tons of stuff, and some pretty deep reading. You can Google the same topic and read what I did.

Here are a couple big takeaways:
*With women, a high percentage of strangulations are by a FAMILY member
*Two main drivers for strangulation of women are:
-sexual attack and sadism
-control and punishment
-If a murder transpires, there is a high likelihood it was not the first time the victim had been strangled ("controlled") by the Perp

Editing to add just one of the reports I read. Click on the national report link.
http://pendletonupdates.com/category/domestic-violence-2/strangulation-facts-bail-hearings/

Random thoughts:
Who was home at the apartment that night, anyone? If the Perp locked the door from the inside and escaped via window, and if a roommate or guest they would have had to re-enter through the main door, wouldn't that seem odd if some one was home?

Were the roommates accustomed to having overnight guests? I do not think this was random, and the more I follow this case, it becomes more evident that it had to be someone that knew Julia.

Someone that knew she had a medical condition, knew a key was needed to lock the bedroom door from inside. Not smart enough to leave water running in tub if trying to stage a tragic accident.

They turned the water off, locked the door, took the key.

This had to be someone that was ALLOWED to enter the apartment and would not look suspicious if they didnt exit through the main door. I cannot help but wonder if it was a roommate or someone close to one of the roommates.

I find it hard to imagine Mom or sister's to look the other way if JT went missing or could not corroborate his whereabouts for 2-3 hours on a Sunday night early Monday morning.

I also tend to believe that it was Sunday night early enough for Julia to still be up and before getting ready for bed, since she was partially clothed but I am assuming it wasn't pajamas or what she slept in. Was it what she wore to lunch that day?

If it was finals week, again I find it difficult to believe that not one of her roommates weren't home all Sunday night?

No one heard the tub water being ran? No one besides Jennifer saw or spoke to Julia that Sunday after work?

If Julia was home alone wouldn't the apartment door most likely be locked? Does one have to be "buzzed" in to enter the building?

I keep coming back to this being another tenent from the apartment building or someone living in that apartment.

I do not recall who upthread said it but I do think the staging was absolutely an effort to distance the perp from their whereabouts being questioned.

I think the key and the running of a bath are the 2 things standing out to me.

I have the same thought process. Before the whole JT thing came to light my first thought was...almost two whole days before a welfare check Tuesday night. From what I've read Julia was close to one roommate but not so much the other. So the roommate she was close to waited two whole days before becoming worried even though Julia's car had not moved from the same parking spot? That is extremely odd to me. I have daughters away at college in apartments. If a roommate didn't see one of my daughters they would be freaking. These roommates of Julia's didn't have that reaction which is extremely odd to me. This apartment complex has outer steal doors with electronic passes and each bedroom had a key that could be locked upon leaving but had a deadbolt on the inside. They also have panic buttons. According to Jennifer, she last spoke with Julia around 10:30 pm Sunday. Did one or both roommates arrive back at the apartment that evening? I will assume the murder took place either that evening before Julia went to bed or the next morning as she missed her class on Monday. Either way, whoever murdered her was welcomed into her bedroom. I don't think it happened in the middle of the night. I think it was either when she was getting ready for bed or getting ready for class the next morning. Maybe she started a bath and was partially dressed when the perp appeared. No defensive wounds, screams, etc. so she was caught off guard. I can't come to any conclusion except that the person was welcome there. A roommate or someone Julia had no problem with being there. She was partially dressed which tells me that if it was JT she would have been fully dressed but if it was a roommate she may have felt comfortable being partially dressed. These are just thoughts and maybe I'm off base but the bottom line is that Julia lay in the tub for two days before her roommates became worried. That's a red flag for me.

I may have been in error concerning the Probate Court action. MIMOMMY was correct that the Family Court case has been dismissed. Sorry if I confused anyone but I just posted what I had been told. My daughter told me the charges were dropped.

Thank you, Trojan1966, good to know. Hope you're well.

Ive been wondering if there is any chance JT (his cleaning company) had any cleaning gigs at Julia's apartment complex?

Aha! Hence, access to keys!

If a carpet cleaning company were hired to clean carpets, then the apartment manager would let the cleaning company in to that specific apartment. I highly doubt the cleaning company would be given a key. That's unlikely to happen. IMO

Partially dressed...either getting ready for bed Sunday night or getting ready for class Monday morning.
In either scenario someone came into her room while she was partially dressed. If her bedroom door was locked while she was in there then she let that person in while she was partially dressed. Who would she allow in? Or her bedroom wasn't locked and someone walked in on her partially dressed. Either way...she felt comfortable being dressed the way she was for this person. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89