MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before JT was ever mentioned as a POI, I thought, and still do a guy that was interested in her could have been responsible. I think he could have been invited over or should up unexpectedly. Since I don't know about this part of her life, I am unsure if she was interested in him. I have no ideas of who this guy would be and if this guy then I don't think he went there with the intentions of killing her.

Some days I think that way and then I go back to JT.

Julia had told her sisters that day at lunch that see was going to do some studying since finals were coming up.

You bring up an important aspect to this....Julia and Jennifer are twins....they have a bond like no other siblings...but Jennifer stands by JT....where as Julia was not close to him. They had a falling out. She didn't stay with her mom and JT but stayed with her grandma. To me that is pretty telling of something. But we have to know what the falling out was...this may be the key to what Julia knew that Jennifer didn't....and if this had anything to do with her murder. Is there a connection to the pictures found on JT's computer and Julia's death? We don't know.

All good questions. Jennifer maintains that her stepdad (JT) never approached her or Julia inappropriately. She says this constantly and said that if he had with Julia, she would definitely know about it as they talked about everything.

Pure speculation on my part, she worked at Walmart, perhaps she witnessed something while at work, employee theft, harassment, etc, where the person felt she may turn them in.

These are all possibilities that I'm sure LE has investigated.

All good questions. Jennifer maintains that her stepdad (JT) never approached her or Julia inappropriately. She says this constantly and said that if he had with Julia, she would definitely know about it as they talked about everything.

Unless he threatened to kill her, or her twin, if she spoke? Wouldn't be the first time we have heard this type of tactic. All speculation only.

Trojan1966, I'm not sure how to ask this, but why did some of the family believe that Turnquist is capable of child abuse, molestation, if not of his children then what appears to be others', at least in his mind, as he is waiting for his day in circuit court?

Thank you very much for continuing to clear things up.

Dwelling on this case last night, I'm again convinced that LE is on the right target. But once again, I keep going back to the surviving twin and the mother, and the motivation for their feverish support of the POI.

There are some complex emotional and psychological reasons why they could be doing this, and I hope that LE will be able to navigate through their alliance to get to gleen some additional answers. If they haven't already, I think it would be highly beneficial for the twin and the mother to take polygraphs. I am not suggesting that they are Perps, I am suggesting that they know things that could be very helpful in solving this case, but have seemingly built a psychological fortress around their sense of reality.

Despite the fact many people disagree this is tied to the Bruck case, I absolutely do. Hopefully not sounding melodramatic, I keep thinking of "silencing the lambs". What could these two girls know that required them to be silenced?
This could all be speculative hogwash of course, but I can't shake this hypothesis off. Validation will be revealed with the *advertiser censored* case, which I think is going to be explosive. Why on earth would JT be allegedly suicidal otherwise?

Today, my prayers are for the twin and mother. I think they are horribly traumatized for the obvious reasons, and in deep deep denial.
As always, this is just armchair speculation, but I think those two gals can reveal a lot more.

^ Wonder why KT hired an attorney? Maybe Trojan1966 will share what he knows or thinks about this.

...Despite the fact many people disagree this is tied to the Bruck case, I absolutely do. Hopefully not sounding melodramatic, I keep thinking of "silencing the lambs". What could these two girls know that required them to be silenced?...

<respectfully snipped>

Based on nuances of Chelsea's personality (as indicated by her sister-in-law), I think it's entirely possible that the missing young woman might have said or suggested something that might have raised some eyebrows and made her vulnerable. I'd like to know what Chelsea shared on her cell phone/camera/iPad that had viewers intently engaged. Perhaps Chelsea had "something" on the Niswender POI and, as you've suggested, she had to disappear and/or be permanently silenced. :moo:

Dwelling on this case last night, I'm again convinced that LE is on the right target. But once again, I keep going back to the surviving twin and the mother, and the motivation for their feverish support of the POI.
<snipped for space>
If they haven't already, I think it would be highly beneficial for the twin and the mother to take polygraphs. I am not suggesting that they are Perps, I am suggesting that they know things that could be very helpful in solving this case, but have seemingly built a psychological fortress around their sense of reality.
<snipped respectfully for space>
Today, my prayers are for the twin and mother. I think they are horribly traumatized for the obvious reasons, and in deep deep denial.
As always, this is just armchair speculation, but I think those two gals can reveal a lot more.

I agree that there might be some covering going on here. IMO- Many victims of abuse are so embarrassed/ashamed/scared about what happened to them (especially if they were a child) that they file it away in a box in their memory (never to be reopened). They will swear over and over that it never happened. They feel that if they admit it happened people will view them differently. We all know they have nothing to be ashamed about, they didn't cause this - but it is still a hard topic to talk about.
Also IMO - In cases like this one IF Jennifer or Kim were to now admit they knew about abuse OR were a victim of the abuse themselves and were just to embarrassed/ashamed/scared to speak up (then or now) they may began to feel at fault for what happened to Julia (and public will also point fingers). It's horrible, obviously only the perp caused Julia's death but others will place blame on themselves for not speaking up about red flags/warning signs.

One of our faithful contributors on this forum, Spellbound, lost her dear mother yesterday. Please keep Spellbound and her family in your thoughts and prayers. :rose:

There are some complex emotional and psychological reasons why they could be doing this, and I hope that LE will be able to navigate through their alliance to get to gleen some additional answers. If they haven't already, I think it would be highly beneficial for the twin and the mother to take polygraphs. I am not suggesting that they are Perps, I am suggesting that they know things that could be very helpful in solving this case, but have seemingly built a psychological fortress around their sense of reality.

Despite the fact many people disagree this is tied to the Bruck case, I absolutely do. Hopefully not sounding melodramatic, I keep thinking of "silencing the lambs". What could these two girls know that required them to be silenced?
This could all be speculative hogwash of course, but I can't shake this hypothesis off. Validation will be revealed with the *advertiser censored* case, which I think is going to be explosive. Why on earth would JT be allegedly suicidal otherwise?

I am thinking along the lines of "silencing" for a moment. One thing that is weird is that Julia was first asphyxiated (strangled?) and then drowned. How does that make sense?
If one is strangling a person, why not complete it until death. Why the drowning? But with the "silencing", literally taken, it may make sense. Suppose that Julia was trying to
defend herself against a perp by hitting and/or yelling. Perhaps the perp made unwanted sexual advances, but did not intend to kill her at first. Before she could scream at the top of her voice,
the perp would constrain her and strangle her, by using an arm tight around the neck. She loses consciousness. Now the perp has a choice, go to jail for assault, or, kill her.
He chose the latter. Then he uses her key to lock the bedroom and leaves, after removing some evidence like finger prints etc.

I say "he" because most likely the perp is male. But a strong female would also be possible.

I do not believe that the murder was planned beforehand. Why did the murderer not bring a weapon? Even if the plan was to strangle, one would still bring something to strangle with, like a cord or something.

Black_Squirrel,

Yes, there are a lot of things about this case that are confusing. I could be wrong on this, but it is my understanding that the strangulation caused Julia to pass over, *not* the staged "drowing". It appears that was a feeble attempt to make it appear she drown, but I could be wrong on this. Anyone feel free to correct me on this point.

If this wasn't planned, one would think someone would have heard them arguing?
The half dressed thing suggests some sort of attempt at a sexual advance that she resisted. Perhaps when she resisted she was strangled. Unclear. If that is the case, she would probably have the Perps DNA under her fingernails? Or, maybe she was getting ready for a bath, and thus half dressed. After the strangulation, she was dumped in the tub.

But I still think the primary motive was to "silence" her for something she knew.

One of our faithful contributors on this forum, Spellbound, lost her dear mother yesterday. Please keep Spellbound and her family in your thoughts and prayers. :rose:

:rose:

_____ Thank you, BDE. Spellie is very much so. :rose:

Thank you, all of you, for your kindness. (Lost Mom on Sunday and a favorite aunt this morning, father-in-law was put in residential hospice on Friday. What a week, sigh)

Black_Squirrel,

Yes, there are a lot of things about this case that are confusing. I could be wrong on this, but it is my understanding that the strangulation caused Julia to pass over, *not* the staged "drowing". It appears that was a feeble attempt to make it appear she drown, but I could be wrong on this. Anyone feel free to correct me on this point.

If this wasn't planned, one would think someone would have heard them arguing?
The half dressed thing suggests some sort of attempt at a sexual advance that she resisted. Perhaps when she resisted she was strangled. Unclear. If that is the case, she would probably have the Perps DNA under her fingernails? Or, maybe she was getting ready for a bath, and thus half dressed. After the strangulation, she was dumped in the tub.

But I still think the primary motive was to "silence" her for something she knew.

I thought that the autopsy report said "asphyxiation by drowning":
Walker confirmed the cause of death of the 23-year-old Eastern Michigan University student was asphyxiation associated with drowning.
http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsila...-confirms-julia-niswender-drowned-in-bathtub/

Officials confirmed Friday that Eastern Michigan University student Julia Niswender was asphyxiated and then placed into the bathtub where she drowned last December in her off-campus apartment in Ypsilanti.

"We do know she was asphyxiated prior to being placed in the tub," said Ypsilanti Detective Joe Yuhas.

Yuhas said police believe Niswender was still alive at that point, but are uncertain if she was unconscious.

"She was not deceased (beforehand,") Yuhas said. "It's never been determined (if she was unconscious.) But, she was definitely asphyxiated and then drowned."
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswender.html

Thank you, all of you, for your kindness. (Lost Mom on Sunday and a favorite aunt this morning, father-in-law was put in residential hospice on Friday. What a week, sigh)

You are a muchly respected member of this forum, and I know everyone is surrounding you with thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Black Squirrel - I'm still reading that COD as strangulation first, then drowning? I'm no expert on reading those types of reports, maybe someone else can weigh in.

I do not believe that the murder was planned beforehand. Why did the murderer not bring a weapon? Even if the plan was to strangle, one would still bring something to strangle with, like a cord or something.

In a female's apartment, it is likely that the perp could easily find scarves, panty hose, etc. If the perp was familiar with Julia's bedroom, he/she probably knew exactly where to look for these items. No need to bring the "weapon".

In a female's apartment, it is likely that the perp could easily find scarves, panty hose, etc. If the perp was familiar with Julia's bedroom, he/she probably knew exactly where to look for these items. No need to bring the "weapon".

A scarf or panty hose would have left marks. Perhaps a towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member