MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here been to Ypsilanti? Would you worry if your child lived there? I know I sure would. !
Attended EMU from 2001-2005, yes it was scary but much less scary than other places like Detroit or Flint. I lived on Campus and in several apartments around campus.

Some interesting information about the crime. It may not be relevant, but I found the articles and comments very interesting. I had no idea how unsafe and how much crime was in the area. Also, how many RSOs were in the area. The only reason all of this may be of interest is bc if it is not JT, the person responsible may have a criminal background of some kind. May not. I still think she knew her attacker, but this person may have been mixed up and have a past.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/08/residents_feel_improvement_as.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...or_pro-tem_ypsila.html#incart_related_stories

So his being a POI in jail is not working for you? You think it was somebody else who had nothing to do with Turnquist? I ask respectfully, as I'm wondering about how the crime stats help at this point, as I see them come up on this thread?

working for me? Um, no one is in jail for her death. I, just like a few others, have stated they are keeping an open mind because there aren't enough facts. You would have to ask those who brought up the crime in town why that would help at this point. I didn't bring it up. I joined the conversation and provided the links/facts, to support what they had been saying for several posts. Jmo, from my experience on WS until a person is found or a case is solved, nothing is off the table. That's good sleuthing!

working for me? Um, no one is in jail for her death. I, just like a few others, have stated they are keeping an open mind because there aren't enough facts. You would have to ask those who brought up the crime in town why that would help at this point. I didn't bring it up. I joined the conversation and provided the links/facts, to support what they had been saying for several posts. Jmo, from my experience on WS until a person is found or a case is solved, nothing is off the table. That's good sleuthing!

hmm I see. It's been months that, not you in particular, that other possibilities and crimes stats from two yrs ago, which I assume haven't changed much from two yrs ago, come up. Turnquist is charged with child *advertiser censored*, named a POI, and I see the same crime stats, but I don't know much about sleuthing. You've been around longer, have experience, I like to learn.

You're absolutely right, hockeymom4, I will ask them, pardon the collateral challenge to your point. I trust the law too.

Electric,

What do most people on campus think happened? What's the general consensus?

Good question...... I think since it has been over two years, most people there don't really think about it too much other than seeing information about this on the news or in the papers. Quite a few of the students that were there have moved on so to speak.

Good question...... I think since it has been over two years, most people there don't really think about it too much other than seeing information about this on the news or in the papers. Quite a few of the students that were there have moved on so to speak.

I tend to disagree that most people are still not thinking about this. It's actually quite common to walk campus grounds and see Julia's bracelet's or shirts on a student or staff member. I believe this crime is and will remain fresh in the mind's of those around the area until there are answers. JMO

Has anyone on here been to Ypsilanti? Would you worry if your child lived there? I know I sure would. Does anyone know the crime stats through 2012?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Ypsilanti-Michigan.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/12/peninsular_place.html

Has anyone posted this article before regarding a 2nd murder in the Peninsular Place apartments within 4 months of Julia's? Has anyone heard about a girl being shot while inside her building from a stray bullet fired from the parking lot of the same apartment complex? Sounds like a safe place to live doesn't it?!

I lived in Ypsi when my ex was attending EMU. Two months after arriving I was attacked in our secure building by a group of men who had already stabbed someone in the building. I moved "back home" a few weeks later. It is not a safe place to live and I would not want my children to live there. My personal experience no doubt clouds my judgement but it is my opinion none the less.

The building I lived in is only a few miles from the one you've been discussing. Both security guards were busy taking care of the stabbing victim at the time I was attacked. Went past there last year; it has only gotten worse. Would not have left my car to go into the convenience store if you paid me to do so.

JMOO - EMU is not a bad school, but I would never live in Ypsi proper while attending.

psyquestor - I tend to agree with you. EMU is a good school but the city of Ypsilanti does have some serious problems with crime. If attending EMU, either live on campus or a ways from the college may be safer than living in Ypsilanti. JMO

<modsnip>

Seems like Julia was creeped out by some guy. (Not sure if it is the same guy in all the tweets.)

psyquestor - I tend to agree with you. EMU is a good school but the city of Ypsilanti does have some serious problems with crime. If attending EMU, either live on campus or a ways from the college may be safer than living in Ypsilanti. JMO

Trojan1966, I'm ever grateful for your help.

OT .... anyone in this general area, we are under tornado warnings nearby.... currently moving this way, warnings in Manchester, Tecumseh, Clinton, moving into Arbor areas, toward Clinton, Milan, Willis. Could affect us. Strong winds expected tonight/tomorrow.

OT .... anyone in this general area, we are under tornado warnings nearby.... currently moving this way, warnings in Manchester, Tecumseh, Clinton, moving into Arbor areas, toward Clinton, Milan, Willis. Could affect us. Strong winds expected tonight/tomorrow.

It seems to have calmed down here in Dexter. Unusual time of the year for Tornado warnings it seems to me.

In Nov/Dec of 2011 Julia complained on twitter about some "creep" in her class. He asked her to lunch once (which she declined)
and would always walk up to her to say hi when he sees her outside of class. She says that he is the kind of person that, if you meet him in the street,
you would think he is a criminal and would start waking faster. She also mentions that there is something weird about his hair.
In Sept. 2012 she also tweets about some "creep". It is not clear if that is the same person.

It is a (perhaps remote) possibility that this person was some kind of stalker.

Thank you for that info squirrel. I did not find all the tweets you found about the "creepy guy". Could there be any connection.. I have no idea how we would find out.

I think Kim and Jen are in a place that the idea of doing so, not ignoring the thought, would be shattering. They may need the time and distance to know that they'll be fine and better without him, for their courage to grasp the path of justice in this, as it seems to be moving, would be my guess, Spellie.

They need professional help to sort all this out. I think they should start with LE, a medical professional, and a clergy person. There are legal, medical, and spiritual matters that they need help with. I really hope they seek professional guidance, and LE is the place to start. If they don't cooperate with LE, things will get much much worse. Let's hope they are mature enough to understand that.

Thank you for that info squirrel. I did not find all the tweets you found about the "creepy guy". Could there be any connection.. I have no idea how we would find out.

Twitter searches are highly illogical. The tweets won't show up if you just look at Julia's tweets because they are too far back, I think.
However, if you search on twitter with Julia's twitter handle, together with keywords such as "creep", or "creepy", "freak", "freaky" etc.
these tweets will show up.

I have mentioned before a basketball player that was accused of strangling his girlfriend in Julia's apartment complex. At one point he followed Julia
on twitter, and Julia followed him. They know each other but I have not seen any evidence that they are anything more than friends. But generally,
as she admits in one tweet, she likes tall guys. The taller, the better. It looks like she was more intimate (not exactly sure how much) with another
basketball player on the team in october/november 2011. She calls him her "snuggle buddy" and asks him to come over several times.
This basketball player at one point changes his twitter handle, and now his twitter accounts seem to have been deleted (but he possible started another
twitter handle). It just seems to me that there are many potential suspects, because she was such a sociable person. And trusting the wrong guy
sometimes can be fatal.

I actually wonder why people close down one twitter account and then start another. I have seen other people do it (for example one of Julia's roommates).
Do they somehow want to start with a clean slate? idk.
I am not really into twitter, myself.

Did LE look for tweets that Julia may have deleted?
From the Teleka Patrick case I have learned that it is possible to retrieve deleted tweets in some cases.
I have tried and was unsuccessful, but I am not a real expert.
I just could imagine that the perp might have used her phone to delete texts & tweets in order to wipe
out the traces. Perhaps the perp even used the phone to tweet to Jenn to provide a fake alibi.

None of us can really form any conclusion as to what we think happened to Julia. We only know what we read...reporting... which can be flawed at the very least. I would NOT want to be a part of the witch hunt for Jim Turnquist without more information. We know very little except that pictures that were found on his computer. LE has more information than we do. They are mum for many reasons. One being that they don't want to compromise the investigation...two being that they have nothing that leads to the murderer. This means that unless they have proof that JT committed the murder, they will give no information. We are here to sift through articles...some of which are inaccurate. BUT...one thing that stands out to me is the interview where JT speaks of the person who did this will not be able to keep it quiet an that it will eventually be to much to bare and it will eat him/her up.....BTW...I didn't use his exact words but I think you get it. JT feels strongly that this person is close to Julia...how does he KNOW this? From LE? From the media? What provoked him to say this?

squirrel, thank you for some insight into reading tweets. I have tried, but find it so confusing. It seems one would have to be able to go from one account to another to follow the whole "conversation"? If I am right, that would be very confusing for me to even attempt. I commend your efforts to make sense of them. Thanks again.

Does anyone know the date/time for JT's next court appearance? I have had too many family illness/deaths recently and must have neglected to save the date. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille