MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the date/time for JT's next court appearance? I have had too many family illness/deaths recently and must have neglected to save the date. Thanks

May 6th or something, I'll check. He is at a residential place in a home, with an ankle bracelet and it is illegal for him to have electronic devices. Good luck with that, as I've seen from thread to thread there's not much that bars the net behind bars, even. Wonder if he still has his tripod I screen capped upthead?

DazednConfuzed, I haven't seen anything other than his attorney stating MI State police have cleared him. To me this is not the same. If you read post 820, there are direct quotes from LE naming him a POI.

I am not sold on him being responsible for her death. My eyes are wide open and looking in other directions and while I don't have specific names of people, I do have other ideas. I know he didn't make a statement, but I am not sold on that equalling him being guilty of her death. Knowing something, likely.

I wanted to ask, what do you think happen to Julia? I know we can't sleuth anyone else, but in general times, what do you think?

I obviously am not sold on the idea of JT being responsible for Julia’s death. Unfortunately too many step-fathers before him have done horrible unspeakable things which have tainted society’s view of them. In the same turn there are many wonderful step-fathers walking among us every day!

It’s also obvious that I feel very strongly about this whole situation and I will tell you why. I had an in-law family member go through a situation very similar of being falsely accused of improprieties with his older step daughter which was eventually proven untrue. The minute the accusations were made public his life was forever changed and he couldn’t get back what was lost once charges were dropped. How does one recover from this? Is it ever possible? Those who made false statements had nothing to lose while he lost everything. Doesn’t seem quite right does it? He ended his life to spare his wife, son and daughter a lifetime of finger pointing because they stood beside him and loved him all the while. This legal system used to be Innocent until proven Guilty, but in today’s electronic age it seems that people are judged, tried and sentenced before they ever make it to trial! This doesn’t seem right to me.

I don’t know what happened to Julia. I wish the question didn’t have to be asked! Everyone deserves the chance to live a long and happy life! She lived in an area that is known for trouble. How do we know that she didn’t have a crazy neighbor somewhere in the building that had nothing better to do than watch those who caught his/her attention? Anyone attending classes would have known the schedule of the university and how the dorms and apartments would start to clear out around the holidays. Isn’t there a possibility of unsavory characters hanging out in or around her parking lot or hallways at any given point? Wouldn’t people coming in and out of the apartment itself have known the basic schedules of the people living there? The questions are endless…

I am fully aware that LE is naming JT a POI. I can’t help but wonder what has come to light recently that caused this turn of events and why they aren’t able to act on it.

May 6th or something, I'll check. He is at a residential place in a home, with an ankle bracelet and it is illegal for him to have electronic devices. Good luck with that, as I've seen from thread to thread there's not much that bars the net behind bars, even. Wonder if he still has his tripod I screen capped upthead?

Here's what I have been told:
On 3-27-2015 (Fri) – Case Number : 15-41820FH -Jim T was in 38th Circuit Court at 9:00 AM with Judge Daniel White presiding for arraignment. He pleaded not guilty. Jim was bound over for Pretrial in Circuit Court on April 10th (Friday) at 9:00 AM.

As many of us would do, if a child close to me had been murdered, and there were any suspicions of my involvement, I would be shouting from every possible point that I was innocent!

Upon first learning of this horrible news, I would have to be highly medicated by my doctor as I would become a basket case! However, the mere fact that I had to prove my whereabouts, I would seek any help available to me in giving LE the necessary information. It is not in my understanding why a parent would not do any and every thing to assist LE!

To me, that is very telling!

As many of us would do, if a child close to me had been murdered, and there were any suspicions of my involvement, I would be shouting from every possible point that I was innocent!

Upon first learning of this horrible news, I would have to be highly medicated by my doctor as I would become a basket case! However, the mere fact that I had to prove my whereabouts, I would seek any help available to me in giving LE the necessary information. It is not in my understanding why a parent would not do any and every thing to assist LE!

It is not obvious that, if JT is innocent and he would make a formal statement about his whereabouts the days prior to the murder, that he would be cleared. If his recollection is not good after more than two years, and he has to answer "i don't remember" a lot, wouldn't LE be even more suspicious of him? I think that JT does not entirely trust LE here, because it seems to him tht his client has already enough to clear himself. It is the task of the lawyer to prevent a miscarriage of justice and I think he is just doing his job. I am not a lawyer here, but I wonder what lawyers would recommend in such a situation. If there any lawyers on this site they could perhaps comment on this.

Thank you for the court update, Trojan.

Pretrial is today at 9 am (*advertiser censored* case)

Here's a thought.... Would it be totally out of the question for LE to publicly focus on one person in hopes of giving a comfort level to those around the case to see what they do? Would the "real" perpetrator be given a false sense of security? I can't seem to understand why LE isn't using tools available to them to bring someone in for a "talk"? Does anyone know why this is?

I am not sure of your questions, Dazed. Do you mean "would they focus on an innocent person" to make the public and the real perpetrator think they are closing in on a case? I would doubt that.

What "tools" are you referring to? A warrant, subpoena, arrest? Do potential witnesses have to cooperate? Not sure, but I don't think they do.

I am not sure of your questions, Dazed. Do you mean "would they focus on an innocent person" to make the public and the real perpetrator think they are closing in on a case? I would doubt that.

What "tools" are you referring to? A warrant, subpoena, arrest? Do potential witnesses have to cooperate? Not sure, but I don't think they do.

Spellie, too early for you to be so, uh, perplexed. Good morning :) I'm sorry for my part confusing you about the date. Trojan1966, thank you for the update.

IMO, the only reason a parent wouldn't be living in the police station and begging them for help, telling them everything they could possibly think of....is that they have something to hide. If not involvement in Julia's murder, it's something significant enough to cause them not to cooperate. I hope I am proven wrong, but it's looking highly suspect at the moment. To the friends and family members who genuinely think he is innocent and are trying to help, I would suggest to them that they encourage him to cooperate fully with LE to give a formal statement, take an LE poly, etc. Other than that, I would recommend they stand down and let LE find Justice for Julia. This is all opinion only. It's a very difficult and complicated case, and I really do have compassion for all the family members trying to do the right thing, as they understand it. Let LE do their thing....

NEWS FLASH - JT's Pretrial today has been rescheduled for May 8th as there was more evidence found in the child *advertiser censored* case. Evidently JT's lawyer had not received it in advance, so the Pretial in Circuit Court has been rescheduled for May 8th.

NEWS FLASH - JT's Pretrial today has been rescheduled for May 8th as there was more evidence found in the child *advertiser censored* case. Evidently JT's lawyer had not received it in advance, so the Pretial in Circuit Court has been rescheduled for May 8th.

Thanks Trojan1966 for this news. I hope you're doing well and thank you for all your help.

Thanks for the update. Unless the prosecutor has more than just a handful of suggestive photos, I didn't see the child *advertiser censored* case moving forward.

Thanks for the update. Unless the prosecutor has more than just a handful of suggestive photos, I didn't see the child *advertiser censored* case moving forward.

I wonder whether the prosecution has some substantial new evidence, or whether this is more of a delay tactic to gather more evidence.

I wonder whether the prosecution has some substantial new evidence, or whether this is more of a delay tactic to gather more evidence.

No, there aren't games played. The DA has to provide the evidence to Turnquist's attorney. This is significant, IMO. And, I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg. This man has acted guilty as sin from day one. All one armchair amateur's opinion, of course.

No, there aren't games played. The DA has to provide the evidence to Turnquist's attorney. This is significant, IMO. And, I believe this I just the tip of the iceberg. This man has acted guilty as sin from day one. All one armchair amateur's opinion, of course.

Why didn't the DA give the evidence to Turnquist's lawyer in a timely fashion? Are we to believe that this new evidence surfaced just yesterday?

Why didn't the DA give the evidence to Turnquist's lawyer in a timely fashion? Are we to believe that this new evidence surfaced just yesterday?

Yes, LE has to follow procedure and can't game around. Apparently this was a recent discovery, and it is significant enough where JT's attorney needs time to formulate a defense. This makes sense to me as I do know it takes time to obtain various warrants for online data. LE would have had to go to a variety of sources, which takes time. Again, yours truly, the armchair amateur.

Was there more evidence found or the relevant information just given to the Defense attorney? Either way would case a delay to a Pretrial hearing. I've searched all the news stations and can not find a bit of information regarding the outcome of the hearing this morning. I would think that new evidence would be a hot topic for the news to broadcast. Does anyone know if new charges have been filed to accommodate this new evidence?

etiquette and rules said:
<snipped by me> Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

I just looked this up to make sure if this was within TOS. Please, if you have something to say, say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?