MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, because my understanding is ONE of the roommates just RECENTLY gave DNA and fingerprints - Also, there are other individual's who frequented the apartment who have NEVER been DNA tested or given fingerprinting.

Well, another example of how well the first detective did his job! Thankfully the new detective is doing things that should have been done and documented during that first year of the investigation!

Thanks for the info. I passed this on to LE and asked them if they had considered this.

No problem. If they are really as good as you say they are (which I believe they are), they should have thought of it a long time ago when they took over the investigation!

@ Trojan1966 and/or 4ist:

Would you share with us the last time you saw Julia, and the last time you spoke with her? Did you notice anything unusual?

It seems to me that there are more POI's than just JT, although JT is the only named POI. I think that after JT was charged with the possession of child *advertiser censored*, there was some pressure on the Ypsilanti police to make some statement whether he was being considered as a suspect in his death. Surely, the Ypsilanti police is closely following the charges against JT in Monroe county, but I think that they are investigating other people as well. Mimommy's post about a roommate being fingerprinted recently seems to confirm this. I am not sure what guidelines there are for LE to name people POI's, but I guess they are not required to reveal who the POI's are. So there may be other POI's. JMO.

Trojan - My understanding is that JT and KT were in the bathroom showering with LE arrived. I understand the house is not large, but I think we can all agree that they would not have heard anyone while they were there.

We were told by Kim, that when LE were there, that JT and her were showering together ( having some married adult recreation ) but their house IS very small and she did indicate that they were aware of LE at the door. According to LE they didn't just knock on the door once and leave, they were at their house for a while LE knew that they were home, and Kim has shared with us that she WAS not going to let them in! Again, that is how Kim feels she is cooperating.
The last two times we have heard from Kim, she had shared with us how SHE was the one that wants more then anyone, because she is Julias Mom to cooperate and that SHE is the one that has coordinated all these events to keep Julia's name out there and raise money and awareness about the investigation. BUT when they knock on Kim and JT's door they don't answer!!! And when they have been asked by LE numerous times that they really WANT JT to come in for a formal statement, they DO NOT cooperate, they instead lawyer up. If JT is innocent why does he NOT give a formal statement???

Trojan1966 and 4ist, would you happen to know, besides her major, what area of study Julia was compelled by? Were there courses that she liked more than others, professors, or friends to bat around subjects with the way one does in college, naturally, which is when we really take the lessons in? It seems to me that Julia's personality, strong and driven, was developing at a very fast pace through her year of being away from the Turnquist household, that she advanced, maybe her ideas and values solidified away from them, maybe she found footing to move on, and that it may have not suited the Turnquist. And this secret, whatever it is that may have motivated this oddly configured murder, is so bad, that not being truthful, not giving a statement, not maintaining family accord, not protecting the lives of Jen and the younger child from shame, is all worth it because there is too much at stake? That is the only way I can explain the support the POI is receiving to make him out the victim when the impetus should be on justice for Julia. Give LE all the information and move on seems simple enough and yet nothing is simple still, after two years of waiting for answers.

No problem. If they are really as good as you say they are (which I believe they are), they should have thought of it a long time ago when they took over the investigation!

Wonder why from day one that any or all LE did not do this?

Well, another example of how well the first detective did his job! Thankfully the new detective is doing things that should have been done and documented during that first year of the investigation!

Here's an interesting quote from Kim"“Don’t be a coward. Speak up, and tell us what you know.”
Ref: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswenders_family_speaks.html

Maybe she should follow that advice and answer LE requests.

Exactly Trojan, the whole family and that 'coward' should speak up!

Trojan1966 and 4ist, would you happen to know, besides her major, what area of study Julia was compelled by? Were there courses that she liked more than others, professors, or friends to bat around subjects with the way one does in college, naturally, which is when we really take the lessons in? It seems to me that Julia's personality, strong and driven, was developing at a very fast pace through her year of being away from the Turnquist household, that she advanced, maybe her ideas and values solidified away from them, maybe she found footing to move on, and that it may have not suited the Turnquist. And this secret, whatever it is that may have motivated this oddly configured murder, is so bad, that not being truthful, not giving a statement, not maintaining family accord, not protecting the lives of Jen and the younger child from shame, is all worth it because there is too much at stake? That is the only way I can explain the support the POI is receiving to make him out the victim when the impetus should be on justice for Julia. Give LE all the information and move on seems simple enough and yet nothing is simple still, after two years of waiting for answers.

I'm not sure of all of her classes but I'll try to get the information for you. Yes, she was developing her own personality and her own standards after moving out. She was being educated and enlightened about the big, big world outside Monroe, MI.!

It seems to me that there are more POI's than just JT, although JT is the only named POI. I think that after JT was charged with the possession of child *advertiser censored*, there was some pressure on the Ypsilanti police to make some statement whether he was being considered as a suspect in his death. Surely, the Ypsilanti police is closely following the charges against JT in Monroe county, but I think that they are investigating other people as well. Mimommy's post about a roommate being fingerprinted recently seems to confirm this. I am not sure what guidelines there are for LE to name people POI's, but I guess they are not required to reveal who the POI's are. So there may be other POI's. JMO.

Agree. I am working on my own amateur theory on another POI besides JT, and am getting closer to something. However, it is critically important that we know everywhere JT was on 12/9 and 12/10 and when he got home so we can all move on. That info should be pretty straightforward, so looking forward to MiMommy's update.

Kim has mentioned that they have talked to the FBI. My question is "What has the FBI done in this case other than a few interviews?" Maybe they have continued to work behind the scenes unknowing to anyone in the family. I don't think the FBI detectives are so willing to share information to family members when investigating a homicide. I wonder if they are still involved? I sure hope so.

Agree. I am working on my own amateur theory on another POI besides JT, and am getting closer to something. However, it is critically important that we know everywhere JT was on 12/9 and 12/10 and when he got home so we can all move on. That info should be pretty straightforward, so looking forward to MiMommy's update.

Posted by Black Squirrel : It seems to me that there are more POI's than just JT, although JT is the only named POI. I think that after JT was charged with the possession of child *advertiser censored*, there was some pressure on the Ypsilanti police to make some statement whether he was being considered as a suspect in his death. Surely, the Ypsilanti police is closely following the charges against JT in Monroe county, but I think that they are investigating other people as well. Mimommy's post about a roommate being fingerprinted recently seems to confirm this. I am not sure what guidelines there are for LE to name people POI's, but I guess they are not required to reveal who the POI's are. So there may be other POI's. JMO.

In response to Black Squirrels post: It is my understanding from Kim that supposedly The roommates, had been brought in to LE early in the investigation, but evidently either Didn't do finger prints on those early visits, or the earlier poor record keeping may have been the reason for the long delay in bringing the roommates back in again.

Dear Rose, LE may very well have more then one person of interest, but right now, it has only been JT that has been publicly announced. I agree it is critical to know JT''s where abouts from 12/09/12 - 12/10/12.

@ Trojan1966 and/or 4ist:

Would you share with us the last time you saw Julia, and the last time you spoke with her? Did you notice anything unusual?

Nothing unusual. The last time I physically saw her was on July 18, 2012 at a family breakfast before my wife and I headed home to Florida. When I last spoke to her, it was on the phone to let her know me & my wife would be coming back to Michigan to spend Christmas with the family. Julia became very excited about this and posted messages all over Facebook, Twitter and anything else she used. She really loved her grandpa and was so looking forward to Christmas with the entire family together. I never noticed anything very unusual other than her being so excited about the coming Christmas celebrations with us there.

Nothing unusual. The last time I physically saw her was on July 18, 2012 at a family breakfast before my wife and I headed home to Florida. When I last spoke to her, it was on the phone to let her know me & my wife would be coming back to Michigan to spend Christmas with the family. Julia became very excited about this and posted messages all over Facebook, Twitter and anything else she used. She really loved her grandpa and was so looking forward to Christmas with the entire family together. I never noticed anything very unusual other than her being so excited about the coming Christmas celebrations with us there.

Thank you, Trojan and 4ist, for persevering. It's a sight to behold and appreciate for me.

It's possible K & JT did not hear the door the day police came to collect the computer however what took so long for them to finally hand it over? Did police walk away from the home that day and never call again or ask them to turn in the laptop? Maybe they didn't hear the door that particular day but why then did it take a year and a half to finally cooperate in handing over the computer? And only then because police had a search warrant? Am I understanding this correctly?

Posted by Black Squirrel : It seems to me that there are more POI's than just JT, although JT is the only named POI. I think that after JT was charged with the possession of child *advertiser censored*, there was some pressure on the Ypsilanti police to make some statement whether he was being considered as a suspect in his death. Surely, the Ypsilanti police is closely following the charges against JT in Monroe county, but I think that they are investigating other people as well. Mimommy's post about a roommate being fingerprinted recently seems to confirm this. I am not sure what guidelines there are for LE to name people POI's, but I guess they are not required to reveal who the POI's are. So there may be other POI's. JMO.

In response to Black Squirrels post: It is my understanding from Kim that supposedly The roommates, had been brought in to LE early in the investigation, but evidently either Didn't do finger prints on those early visits, or the earlier poor record keeping may have been the reason for the long delay in bringing the roommates back in again.

Dear Rose, LE may very well have more then one person of interest, but right now, it has only been JT that has been publicly announced. I agree it is critical to know JT''s where abouts from 12/09/12 - 12/10/12.

Yes, hopefully MiMommy will answer this question shortly, and then I will present my other theory for everyone to pressure test.

[/B]

Yes, hopefully MiMommy will answer this question shortly, and then I will present my other theory for everyone to pressure test.

Rose, Please note that I am not ignoring your request - I am currently at work and will respond as soon as I have an answer.

Interesting, because my understanding is ONE of the roommates just RECENTLY gave DNA and fingerprints - Also, there are other individual's who frequented the apartment who have NEVER been DNA tested or given fingerprinting.

Has it been reported whether any DNA evidence was found on Julia? (under her finger nails, hairs, blood, saliva, semen, etch.)

Has it been reported whether any DNA evidence was found on Julia? (under her finger nails, hairs, blood, saliva, semen, etch.)

There was DNA evidence found. As you can assume, I can not say much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91