MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spoken with KT for clarity on several items today after the events of last night: This is what she would like to be known:

There was not a laptop taken from the home at all in 2012.

In regards to them being home and not answering the door - yes they were home and participating in "adult activities" This was in March or April 2013. This was the same day they went to Grandma R's house and took her laptop. JT has only EVER had 1 lawyer. He did not get that lawyer until the March/April 2013 incident.

The first laptop from the home was given to the police willingly by JT and KT in December of 2014.

The day of the warrant - Taken from the home with that warrant were their new and old phones, camera, a video recorder, and a few cds that were hunting related.

JT did not "run away" to the Dojo - he went calmly to use the telephone as the police had taken their phones. Jim was not at home when LE arrived, KT did make contact with JT when LE began to arrive.

KT was fearful that JT could possibly harm himself, she was never concerned that he would harm someone else. It was proven in court, and agreed by the judge that he was never "barricaded" in the dojo.

I have the following comments about your comments:

Of course their house is so "big" they didn't know the police were at the door. They knew that the police were there and just hid from them like kids playing a game or trying to avoid a bill collector.

What "incident" in March/April 2013 are you talking about?

Funny, LE has told me that they had a search warrant when they went to the house in December 2014. So I guess you could say they willingly gave the laptop to LE since LE didn't breakdown the door.

Also during the last search warrant, LE collected another computer with the other items.

I agree with your last two comments concerning that last day.

FACTS AS I KNOW THEM:
1. Julia's murder was a homicide. She was found in her tub and her cause of death was asphyxiation associated with drowning.
2. The crime probably happened between Sunday night and early Monday morning. (Dec 9th & 10th)
Julia was found Tuesday evening after a roommate called LE for a welfare check. I was notified between 9:30-10:30PM that night that Julia was dead.
3. Julia's toxicology report was inconclusive but has not been released to the general public (this raises some questions in my mind).
4. Many, many students at EMU and Julia's friends have been interviewed and receive polygraph tests.
Julia's roommates have been checked out and as far as I know they and their boyfriends have been cleared.
5. JT is now a POI in Julia's murder. Not necessarily a suspect but a POI because of his refusal to provide formal statements to LE so they may "clear" him.
6. JT & KT liked the first detective but do not like the current lead detective.
7. JT did take a polygraph test, provide DNA sample and fingerprints early in the investigation.
8. His lawyer claims the State Police cleared JT early on but I have seen no public statement to that affect anywhere in the news media.
9. The first detective probably passed on too much info to KT & JT, thus causing concerns to the whole investigation process.
10. JT & KT provided statements early in the investigation but now refuse to provide formal written and signed statements. Early statements were possibly more of background info on Julia than direct questions to JT & KT concerning their alibis and such.
11. JT's lawyer says he was home with his family. If so, why not give a formal statement to LE stating this.
12. Current case against JT probably is a standalone item. Probably does not have anything to do with this case although if he is found guilty, it may be relevant. JMO

These are the facts that I can think of right now. I have been keeping quite a file of information on this case but I don't have in front of me right now.
I hope this helps. :thinking:

Hey Trojan:
#9, very true, the 1st. detective did share to much stuff with Kim, then Kim shared that info with JT, considering he is our POI, not a good thing. REMEMBER, he lawyer-ed up early on in the investigation and wouldn't talk to LE.
#10, What do you mean by statements. I remember be told by Kim that they were brought in several times very early on, and mostly asked questions about Julia, and shared what ever they could... leads and what not with LE. But a statement, are you talking about a 'formal statement'?
#11, THAT is the big question isn't it folks, WHERE was JT between 8pm on Dec. 9 til 2am on Dec. 10. Supposedly Kim and Jennifer SWEAR that he was home. Hmmmm, I sure hope that he is right, if not, why would they lie for him!

I don't see a random, or little known dealer or drug user murdering someone in the way Julia was. Seems too complicated and personal.

I agree with you MerBeach, I personally think that this was very personal, someone that Julia was familiar with.

There are some facts that indicate that it might not have been a staged scene.
- The room was in disarray (which raises suspicion)
- The perp took Julia's key and other items
- There was other evidence that made LE think it was foul play.

Hmm, 'the perp took Julia's key, AND OTHER ITEMS????? Had NOT heard that before, pray tell, HOW would you know that Black Squirrel? AND what other items did the Perp take?

You are right bessie. How would we know the answer was really from KT. Very good idea, let KT be verified and then she can answer the questions.

Trojan, I think any of your family: Jennifer, Carrie, Marcus, Rose or any of the immediate or extended family that wants to contribute information so that we can help solve Julia's murder!!!

I am very aware of this Trojan but I'm unsure of how that applies to what I've said. IMO It wouldn't be a stretch to think different agencies could possibly be working together (in many different ways) in order to solve a case.

I'm sure hoping and praying that all LE involved in Julia's and Chelsea's case are sharing and cooperating with each other.

ADMIN NOTE: No one has been verified as a spokesperson for KT, either on the forum, or via private messages.

Please let me know how I would go about this

Hmm, 'the perp took Julia's key, AND OTHER ITEMS????? Had NOT heard that before, pray tell, HOW would you know that Black Squirrel? AND what other items did the Perp take?

There are various articles that say that "items" were missing. A key is just 1 item, so there must have been at least 1 other item. But
I have no idea what that/those item(s) can be.
Family members have said that the apartment door was locked and that there were no signs of sexual assault or struggle, but that the apartment was in disarray and a few items were missing.
http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsila...have-exhausted-leads-in-julia-niswender-case/
Julia’s body was found Dec. 11, 2012, inside her apartment near the EMU campus. Although items were missing from the apartment, which was found in disarray, police said there were no visible signs of trauma to her body. She was not sexually assaulted.
Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/04/jennifer-niswender-backing-stepfather/

Really MiMommy, interesting fact, who was he 'cleared by'. Did he take a lie detector? As his wife Kim has shared with us, JT hated the Bruck family.

By the investigators who are working the Chelsea Bruck case by my understanding!

By the investigators who are working the Chelsea Bruck case by my understanding!

So is this 1st hand knowledge, was this news in the media that JT had nothing to do with Chelsea's murder? Or did you get this info from JT and /or Kim?

Earlier in Thread #3 I mentioned tools available to LE and the Prosecutor to gather information regarding a case. For the past 20 years in Michigan there has been an Investigative Subpoena available to ask for (requiring proof of necessity). Does anyone know why this has not been used???

Sorry daze, I can't find your earlier thread? Is this post just a copy of your original post? Are you referring to a 'Warrant'?
Personally, there would be absolutely NO need for any warrant or subpoena for me to Totally Turn over anything and everything that would aid in helping to solve Julia's murder.

I talked to him about this tonight. He has valid reasons that I will not discuss here out of respect for Jennifer. It has nothing to do with any of the cases that much I will say.

You talked to JT about what this night?

As far as we have heard, the room mates and their boyfriends gave DNA, lie detector test and have completely cooperated, and are NOT POI. So no flip floppin for me. I know that Kim and Jennifer were totally convincing us at the beginning of the murder investigation that it was the room mate that was supposedly doing drugs (that Julia had been very good friends with for a while). We also had thought, because Julia was very social, that she would perhaps open her door to just about anyone, and that in counter went bad, but LE, has said that there were no sign of struggle. I believe it ws someone that she knew, and who ever it was also knew that she would be alone.
SO it goes back to two possibilities for me:
JT needs to give a formal statement.
OR, the theory about erotic sex (strangulation) BUT not a strong one for me, for let's face it was exam week, study time!
MY opinion

Interesting, because my understanding is ONE of the roommates just RECENTLY gave DNA and fingerprints - Also, there are other individual's who frequented the apartment who have NEVER been DNA tested or given fingerprinting.

I have the following comments about your comments:

Of course their house is so "big" they didn't know the police were at the door. They knew that the police were there and just hid from them like kids playing a game or trying to avoid a bill collector.

What "incident" in March/April 2013 are you talking about?

Funny, LE has told me that they had a search warrant when they went to the house in December 2014. So I guess you could say they willingly gave the laptop to LE since LE didn't breakdown the door.

Also during the last search warrant, LE collected another computer with the other items.

I agree with your last two comments concerning that last day.

Trojan - My understanding is that JT and KT were in the bathroom showering with LE arrived. I understand the house is not large, but I think we can all agree that they would not have heard anyone while they were there.

I have been working on an analysis given whatever data is currently available to the general public, and the many data points that have been provided on this thread. A couple questions please.

MiMommy - have you been able to determine what time JT got home Dec 9 and Dec 10 and if he was anywhere near Julia's apartment? Providing this information will help everyone move on, and should be straightforward? Thank you for your help.

Everyone - do you know if Julia had any male friends from Monroe who came to visit her in Ypisilanti? Specifically in the last few weeks prior to her passing, but in general would be interesting too.

Trojan - My understanding is that JT and KT were in the bathroom showering with LE arrived. I understand the house is not large, but I think we can all agree that they would not have heard anyone while they were there.

Great story....... They have such a caring and loving relationship! In all my years of visiting Michigan since I left, I've never seen any signs of affection such as kissing or holding hands or anything else; even at the events for Justice for Julia. Who was with KT at the football party for the Michigan/Ohio State game this past year? Jim or someone else? Oh, it was a "close" friend is what I've been told.

Sorry daze, I can't find your earlier thread? Is this post just a copy of your original post? Are you referring to a 'Warrant'?
Personally, there would be absolutely NO need for any warrant or subpoena for me to Totally Turn over anything and everything that would aid in helping to solve Julia's murder.

No, I am not referring to a Warrant. I stated Investigative Subpoena. It is a tool available to LE in Michigan and has been for the past 20 years to encourage those who have been or are being uncooperative in an investigation. Funny thing is... you have to PROVE they are being uncooperative to use it!

No, I am not referring to a Warrant. I stated Investigative Subpoena. It is a tool available to LE in Michigan and has been for the past 20 years to encourage those who have been or are being uncooperative in an investigation. Funny thing is... you have to PROVE they are being uncooperative to use it!

Thanks for the info. I passed this on to LE and asked them if they had considered this.

Great story....... They have such a caring and loving relationship! In all my years of visiting Michigan since I left, I've never seen any signs of affection such as kissing or holding hands or anything else; even at the events for Justice for Julia. Who was with KT at the football party for the Michigan/Ohio State game this past year? Jim or someone else? Oh, it was a "close" friend is what I've been told.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kim...D2183%26id%3D3736735%26t%3D1384704223;380;253

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kim...der-emu-homicide-update%2F24374441%2F;800;796

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kim...ment-speak-out-about-their-heartbreak;640;480

Just a few to refresh your memory!

And....this https://www.google.com/search?q=Kim...mu-vigil-remembers-julia-niswender%2F;480;360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487