MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had read that Julia had it, and it was one of the items of value that wasn't taken, suggesting it wasn't a robbery gone bad.

The laptop was in layaway and was gotten out after Julia's death. I believe that is what Jennifer told me.

Psyquestor, your cited links are invaluable. Thank you for taking the time to find and post them. Lots to think about, and learn from.

Good noght, all.

There was an article in the Monroe News today. So far it is not online (unless you have a subscription to the paper)

According to the article:

--Accused of having 18 images of child *advertiser censored* on laptop (denied by his attorney)

--Remains free on bond

--Plea deal was turned down by Turnquist. According to attorney, Prosecutor's Office offered at least one deal, client will not plea down as he has done nothing wrong. "The images are not of underage children."

---arrest came on Feb. 25 when investigating murder of Julia. Ypsi police sought the laptop (because "they consider him a person of interest")

--Computer was turned over voluntarily by Turnquist, images were found on it.

--Felony charges were filed, search warrant issued for his home, several items recovered (including a computer). Per attorney, nothing illegal found on electronic items.

--Prosecutor has not allowed contact with his young daughter since charge filed.

--Trial Date: June 29

So, the images were apparently found on a laptop. I was under the impression KT said they were on her own computer, and she gave a PC (not laptop) that belonged to her. Correct? Or am I confused again? Does anyone know how many laptops were in this family, and who they belonged to?

I thank you for sharing this with us Spellbound.
I believe that they found the child *advertiser censored* pictures or what ever, on the first computer that they took. Which was Kim's, laptop or computer.

I've been thinking a lot about the people effected by this tragedy today, and the piles of additional problems that seem to keep coming their way, and all while they are still in the depths of grieving Julia's murder. The post about verified professionals made me wonder if the family has worked with a professional grief counselor. Well meaning and supportive friends can only do so much; a grief counselor has the expertise to serve as a guide through this very difficult process. For anyone who has worked with a good grief counselor, they know there are many spiritual gifts that come to them during the journey.

I hope this family has been seeing one together, or individually. It's a great comfort and help, IMO.

On a roll here...sorry for multiple posts in a row.

Another quote:

Bold added by me. Survivors do not wish to disrupt the family dynamic. My opinion is that there was a disruption of the family dynamic, one big enough that caused Julia to move out of the home and go live with adults she could trust. MOO again and as always my viewpoint of this as an outsider who does not know any of the people involved personally.

A link for this quote:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/somatic-psychology/201302/trauma-incest

Wow psyquester, I'm really enjoying your interesting posts. This Grandma is & has been one very worried lady for a very long time. Thank you for your input and support :)

Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

- Soft kill (regarding parental kills) [credit Bessie for link and concept] http://bnonews.com/urgent/6202/moth...ating-them-before-placing-car-into-the-river/
- Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons etc. http://t.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...ove-daughter-turnquist-home/?templates=tablet
- Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of harshness to children.
- Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce.
- Refuses to fully cooperate with LE; lawyers up quickly after Julia's death.
- All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE until warrant obtained.
- Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandparents.
- Julia tweets "Trust no one." https://twitter.com/JuliaNiswender2/status/273143016519266304 Credit: TigerBalm for link.
- Person had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her.
- Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. http://t.monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/04/jennifer-niswender-backing-stepfather/?templates=tablet
- KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
- Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
- Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept introduced in earlier thread]. http://issuu.com/taekwondotimes/docs/167_january_20091 Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
- Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently.
- Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. Credit Black_Squirrel for links and quote. CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister.
JT actually does have some online presence, but not on social media. He is active on a lot of forums related to hunting, guns and other outdoorsy type of stuff.
Seems to go hunting with the youngest daughter. If it weren't for the things he is being accused of, I would say that he is a pretty regular, slightly boring family man.
Look for "turnquij" and you find many online posts.
RSBM
- Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? [credit FindHG for quote from KT]
"My first priority is my daughter," she said. "This is absolutely absurd. I will not let everyone take away my memories. I will follow my heart."
-
Children's Protective Services believes the girl is "at a serious risk of harm" if left in the care of her mother, according to the document.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...r-family-divided-emu-students-death/70183350/ *credit FindHG for link.

- JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability. (according to some family members)

Snipped by me

psyquestor, here is the link to the "Trust no one" tweet

Julia Niswender @JuliaNiswender2
Trust no one
2:15 PM - 26 Nov 2012

Direct link to "Trust no one" tweet: https://twitter.com/JuliaNiswender2/status/273143016519266304

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/JuliaNiswender2

Thank you Tiger, I've added the direct link you provided. Thanks also for the link to her twitter account. I will take a peek and see if anything else jumps out at me.

*thumbs up*

Edited / Updated: Notes I've been making (please add or correct me on any of the following)

- Soft kill (regarding parental kills) [credit Bessie for link and concept] Link from Bessie's post thread 2
- Past allegations of child abuse (2000). Taping mouths shut, hitting with spoons etc. Monroe News Link
- Not allowed to teach children anymore at Do Jo; allegations of harshness to children.
- Marital problems alleged; Jim asked for a divorce. (quote from 4ist in previous post #611)
- Refuses to fully cooperate with LE; lawyers up quickly after Julia's death.
- All laptops / PC's not handed over to LE until warrant obtained.
- Julia did not get along with stepfather; moves in with Grandparents.
- Julia tweets "Trust no one." Julia Twitter Credit: TigerBalm for link.
- Person had access to Julia's apartment; was probably known by her.
- Child *advertiser censored* allegedly found; JT is charged with this crime. Monroe News
- KT alleged to have had an affair allegedly due to lack of attention from JT.
- Both girls were at a prime age for molestation / abuse by pedophile at the time of allegations of abuse.
- Possibility of martial arts hold used to subdue Julia prior to drowning incident. [concept introduced in earlier thread]. Taekwondo Times Article Pg. 26 - credit to Spellbound for the link.
- Young daughter of JT and KT is not allowed to live with JT presently.
- Possible tie in to CB case - JT is an avid hunter who takes youngest daughter on hunts with him. Credit Black_Squirrel for links and quote. CB's body was located on hunting land and her sister is best friends with Julia's sister. RSBM
- Is KT in denial because to be otherwise would be to partially blame herself? [credit FindHG for quote from KT]
- Detroit Free Press *credit FindHG for link.
- JT allegedly has bipolar illness and has shown instability. (according to some family members)

Wow, psyquester, this is a great help, all on one post. I pray for that child's safety and Jen's well being and chime in with rosesfromangels that I truly hope they have professional help. With Julia's unsolved murder, her step dad's arrest, the stress of mistrust in a confusing world, it is worrying if there is even a chance that Jen and the younger child don't have the help they need.

*** Adding quote for citation:

I don't understand "asking for a divorce". One doesn't need the spouses approval or concurrence to file for divorce. Reading through these posts it appears to me that JT's legal issues and being a POI has in a strange way strengthened their relationship.

Any insight on why JT "asked" for a divorce?

I've attempted to clean up my post by shortening links. Some quotes have been schmucked in the process - I'll fix as I find time. Glad if anyone finds this helpful; just thinking out loud.

I don't understand "asking for a divorce". One doesn't need the spouses approval or concurrence to file for divorce. Reading through these posts it appears to me that JT's legal issues and being a POI has in a strange way strengthened their relationship.

Any insight on why JT "asked" for a divorce?

I've simply used the words that were in the post. According to 4ist's post, JT had asked KT for a divorce in 2014 due to her having had an extra-marital affair IIRC. (alleged). The assertion is not made by me, so I am unable to answer your query. How one goes about seeking a divorce is not my forte; I assume it consists of "I want a divorce."

I could be wrong. I kept trying to insert the quote link but was not able to. The original post was from 4ist (verified family member) from the other thread. Sorry I couldn't get it to show up right. :(

Psyquestor - thank you for pulling together a compelling summary. It certainly doesn't paint a very positive portrait. The good news here, for those concerned and those in suspicion, is that some of these alleged actions are verifiable via witnesses, and that's what trials are for. So the truth will be revealed, one way or the other.

I'm still trying to understand how the Niswender/Bruck girls became friends originally, and what level of ongoing connection there has been. This is very important to determine, IMO.

Psyquestor - thank you for pulling together a compelling summary. It certainly doesn't paint a very positive portrait. The good news here, for those concerned and those in suspicion, is that some of these alleged actions are verifiable via witnesses, and that's what trials are for. So the truth will be revealed, one way or the other.

I'm still trying to understand how the Niswender/Bruck girls became friends originally, and what level of ongoing connection there has been. This is very important to determine, IMO.

I thought I read on this thread or Chelsea's that the older sisters went to the same high school and were friends in that way. I'm not going to attempt to find the post but that is what I think I read awhile back when people realized these two families were connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking a lot about the people effected by this tragedy today, and the piles of additional problems that seem to keep coming their way, and all while they are still in the depths of grieving Julia's murder. The post about verified professionals made me wonder if the family has worked with a professional grief counselor. Well meaning and supportive friends can only do so much; a grief counselor has the expertise to serve as a guide through this very difficult process. For anyone who has worked with a good grief counselor, they know there are many spiritual gifts that come to them during the journey.

I hope this family has been seeing one together, or individually. It's a great comfort and help, IMO.

Links to Trojan1966 and 4ist's comments from a previous thread (thread 2, post #1186 & 1196) re: minor child and a counselor

Originally posted by Trojan1966
My wife and I have worried about both Jennifer and M** since Julia's death. We have constantly voiced our concerns to KT and recommend that everyone should seek some kind of counselling. KT's answer was that she wasn't taking M** to any counselling because M** said she won't talk to anyone. No sure if that's true or there is always the possibility that they are afraid of what M** may tell a counselor! I hope that's not the reason, but with everyone lawyering up, they evidently don't want anyone talking to anyone outside the immediate family. Sorry to say, but since this child *advertiser censored* charges, I have lost contact with my two daughters and two granddaughters. They don't want to talk to me as they believe that I'm "against" JT. I'm not really against him, I just want the truth to be out and to have Justice for Julia! So, I have one dead granddaughter and two daughters and two granddaughters who treat me as if I'm dead. I still love all of them with all my heart but I can't seem to convince them of that. Just another reason why I don't get a good night's sleep anymore. One day this will all be over but healing the "wounds" that have been created within the family may never truly heal. I'll continue to pray each and every night for Justice for Julia.
** Removed minor child's name from original quote
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Ypsilanti-Dec-2012-2&p=11741363#post11741363

Originally posted by 4ist
We are all concerned about the 12 year old. Unfortunately, her parents have not sought counseling for her. And children at her school have been unkind about her Fathers' pending charges. She has been privy to so many adult conversations since she came into this world, and as Kim recently has said to us, "we don't baby our girls".
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Ypsilanti-Dec-2012-2&p=11741677#post11741677

I thought I read on this thread or Chelsea's that the older sisters went to the same high school and were friends in that way. I'm not going to attempt to find the post but that is what I think I read awhile back when people realized these two families were connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's correct. Chelsea graduated 2010. http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/oct/28/authorities-seek-missing-monroe-woman/

Trojan1966 has indicated that Julia and Jennifer also attended, and both graduated in 2008.

I've never heard of people submitting statements directly to the court or of the court asking for such, especially in a child *advertiser censored* case. If the court needs to hear from you, then you would be called by the procecutor or his lawyer as a character witness. I'll try to talk to the prosecutor and the Judge's secretary to see if such a thing has been done and what the reason would be. Now if these statements were given to JT's lawyer that may be a differnt story. I guess my question would be "Why would the court not want statements from other family members if they wanted your statement?"

Letters are never submitted directly to "the court". Statements maybe collected by either sides lawyers and presented at trial about a persons personality etc otherwise it would be considered testimony and witnesses would need to be sworn in to give testimony to "the court" under risk of purgery.

Thank you for that, CJ-mom. That is what I thought, too.

If I remember correctly, Jennifer graduated in April 2013 for Eastern. Was Julia close to graduating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91