MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying and learning from these well crafted exchanges between Roses and Dazed. This business of getting the bad guys without getting the innocents is tough work! We're lucky to have such able practitioners. I'm not sure how I'd score the bout, but the adversarial system is definitely winning points in my book. Thank you both!

LOL. We can only get to the truth by looking at *all* possibilities. Dazed helps me with this a great deal. Everyone on this thread is very respectful, despite the differing lens we look through. That's how we get somewhere.

If there is anyone on this thread that can provide the name of Julia's roomates, please PM me.

Thank you!

Yes! We have so little background on Julia's life at school. More could really be helpful. But, no, I'm afraid that I don't have their names.

If you go back to the VERY beginning - you will be able to locate the information on her roommates - and in many cases - their friends

If you go back to the VERY beginning - you will be able to locate the information on her roommates - and in many cases - their friends

Do you happen to know what has become of the roomies since this happened? Did they graduate, leave the school prior, or?

They've continued schooling and moved on since her death.

I have kept up with both girls (general information) via SM. Just in case...I will continue to cultivate information for Julia's case until we have an arrest.

JT seemed to rule his immediate with an iron fist, always wanting to be in control and being the main disciplinarian. He controlled the financial dealings and was constantly telling his wife that she should stop her "spending". Then I would think... he has plenty of hunting "stuff" and plenty of guns and bows ???? seems the spending was OK for him!

Thank you Trojan, I'm sorry to ask and for how it may hurt you to consider all this. Your answer is very much appreciated and sounds true to Turnquist's form, from what's been learned of him.

We have a teenager who currently is about a day from not having a door ...because of the constant slamming, my husband goes fishing alone...to relax....I avoid my mother in law like the plague...because she's crazy...I work and function in a 30 mile radius of my home...because it's convenient. My husband most definitely has watched *advertiser censored*...because he is a man... and lastly I would lawyer up if I was questioned by the police...simply because it's the smart thing to do...and probably why it's part of your Miranda rights.

I'm sure many of you will take this as me defending...to me these are all just part of life. Of course....jmo.

Was Julia in her last year at EMU?
Did she have concrete plans where to go after she completed her study?
Did she plan to leave Ypsilanti/Monroe?

My point is just this....these are some of the reasons that have been given as to why JT must be the murderer.

To me most of that just seems like normal, daily life. In most cases I follow both here and in my daily employment I would be more concerned if life didn't seem normal.

Sorry for not clarifying....I'm using a mobile device and can only send so much at a time.

I am well aware of what "child *advertiser censored* is". I am also aware of the photos in question. Think back to the statements by LE and JT'S attorney....questionable age.

We are not talking about bare bummed babes...that I an assure you.

I am well aware of what "child *advertiser censored* is". I am also aware of the photos in question. Think back to the statements by LE and JT'S attorney....questionable age.

We are not talking about bare bummed babes...that I an assure you.

If you are saying you know that the photos are of young adults (and most likely *not* minors if I am interpreting your remarks correctly), then why is LE pursuing this so vigorously? I have never known LE to pursue anything vigorously unless there was the potential for a major bust. LE doesn't assemble and focus significant resource unless there is going to be a big payoff. What's your theory?

We have a teenager who currently is about a day from not having a door ...because of the constant slamming, my husband goes fishing alone...to relax....I avoid my mother in law like the plague...because she's crazy...I work and function in a 30 mile radius of my home...because it's convenient. My husband most definitely has watched *advertiser censored*...because he is a man... and lastly I would lawyer up if I was questioned by the police...simply because it's the smart thing to do...and probably why it's part of your Miranda rights.

I'm sure many of you will take this as me defending...to me these are all just part of life. Of course....jmo.

All things I have been thinking as well... You just said it better.

My theory is that the *advertiser censored* charges are a way to keep him on the hook while they fish for something else.

If you are saying you know that the photos are of young adults (and most likely *not* minors if I am interpreting your remarks correctly), then why is LE pursuing this so vigorously? I have never known LE to pursue anything vigorously unless there was the potential for a major bust. LE doesn't assemble and focus significant resource unless there is going to be a big payoff. What's your theory?

BBM

Tell this to anyone who was stopped, harassed, questioned, and/or incarcerated for a crime they didn't commit. The sad truth is that yes, LE will only pursue when there is a payoff. But sadly, sometimes they want that payoff without caring how they get it or who they hurt in the process. If they are convinced that JT is guilty of murder, unfortunately, they will pursue small things and stop at nothing until they "get their man". I have seen it time and again.

For the record, I am not defending JT because I am on the fence still but frankly, I find your comments somewhat misinformed and antagonistic.

ETA: By no means do I mean to imply that child *advertiser censored* is a "small thing". It's despicable. But IMO there is a difference between hard child *advertiser censored* and photos of young adults who in some states are of legal age of consent. Still illegal? Yes. Worth crucifying someone over? Probably not.

Sunflowerchick,

Thank you for your viewpoint, and I'm very interested in it, as I can always learn from people who don't share my view. Please know that any perceived antagonism is in reality, massive passion. I don't have the same view of LE as you do, quite the opposite. I agree there have been injustices, and many of them are related to people who don't have the resources to properly defend themselves.

But back to Justice for Julia. In this case, I am very sincerely trying to check Turnquist off the list, but can't until he clears himself as a POI with LE. I keep looking for other POI, analyzing different scenarios, but just can't get beyond him at the moment.

So I'm open to your ideas. Beyond Turnquist, what are your theories?

I believe they went into the home hoping to collect some type of evidence connecting him to Julia after they received a "tip" from someone. Once they had the laptop they found the images...and are using those as a 1. scare tactic or 2. A way to bide time while they continue probing and hoping to find some other connection

Thanks rosesfromangels. I also welcome differing viewpoints and I am all too familiar with coming across antagonistic due to passion about my beliefs.

To be honest, I haven't followed this case long enough to have any real developed theories. There are definitely some red flags where Turnquist is concerned but I don't know if that makes him guilty of murder. I would think it is just as likely a friend, ex-boyfriend, fellow student who is responsible.

Thanks rosesfromangels. I also welcome differing viewpoints and I am all too familiar with coming across antagonistic due to passion about my beliefs.

To be honest, I haven't followed this case long enough to have any real developed theories. There are definitely some red flags where Turnquist is concerned but I don't know if that makes him guilty of murder. I would think it is just as likely a friend, ex-boyfriend, fellow student who is responsible.

And this could very well be. But why....is Mr. Turnquist willing to be a POI vs. clearing himself? What could be worth protecting/hiding as to not provide a formal statement and just get it over with? This is the point that is bothering me so much. If he knows he is innocent, he must know that he is distracting the hunt for the real killer. Why would he permit this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts