MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize he posts a lot on the hunting/fishing boards, but wonder just how skilled he actually is. From some of the things he writes, I just feel he is a wannabe sportsman. Seems to like to boast, yet I have not seen any major accomplishments in these sports.

JMO

I think he was networking and signaling, it would be the way to go, if you're seriously doing something nefarious, it is possible, akin meeting with a source in a traffic circle, yet through this blog he can indicated where (geography, location, facilities) and timing, when and the crossbows and all that can mean something else. Hunters get to know each other eye to eye, talk face to face if they do, from my experiences. Turnquist wasn't making friends with his hunting SM, he seemed to be announcing, not interacting, it is possible?

I'm not sure that Jim is really a DaVinci code kind of guy. Organized, yes; artful, no.

But you have a point about his not seeming to be much interested in interacting on line. Trojan mentions, upthread, that unlike most hunters, JT hunted alone. People with bipolarity, like JT, can be pushy, strident and hard to bear sometimes, making interaction difficult for all involved.

I'm not sure that Jim is really a DaVinci code kind of guy. Organized, yes; artful, no.

But you have a point about his not seeming to be much interested in interacting on line. Trojan mentions, upthread, that unlike most hunters, JT hunted alone. People with bipolarity, like JT, can be pushy, strident and hard to bear sometimes, making interaction difficult for all involved.

Especially in heightened state of excitement, which moments of bow hunting may have given him, thus he knew to keep to himself perhaps? It seems a big part of his awareness space over time, whether it has anything to do with his possible proclivities or any cohorts. It would be interesting to know if when he chose to hunt had anything to do with when he chose to take his medication too. Did he let himself go a bit on the meds during hunting season possibly?

From information that others have posted based on property description, the Turnquist home was quite small - less than 1,000 sq.ft., IIRC. - with only two bedrooms, 1 bathroom. How often did the family entertain in their home? Were Jennifer and Julia allowed to invite friends into their home? How frequently? Did Jennifer and Julia experience some of the normal rights of passage like hosting a pajama party with their friends? Seems like anyone in attendance would have noticed the lack of a bathroom door :waitasec: and mentioned it to their parents. I also get the impression that Jim didn't want Kim's family around much, so I wonder how often extended family members visited the home, or did they socialize at other relatives' larger homes? :moo:

I am merely asking questions to statements made on here. It seems odd to me that this is being brought up now and applied to a situation regarding a POI and not Suspect that wasn't worth merit during the years it was happening. It certainly leaves me with questions. I personally don't believe that ANY family members are involved in Julia's murder. If I am proven wrong, I will certainly admit it.

Fair enough. And I hope you are right. The thought of a man chartered with raising this young woman and then murdering her is a horrific thought. That said, at the moment, he is our POI and that is why we are digging deep on his actions leading up to, and after her murder.

He needs to take every measure to take himself off that POI list, but has failed to do so thus far. What is your hypothesis on why he has failed to get checked off the list? What do you think he is attempting to hide, if anything?

From information that others have posted based on property description, the Turnquist home was quite small - less than 1,000 sq.ft., IIRC. - with only two bedrooms, 1 bathroom. How often did the family entertain in their home? Were Jennifer and Julia allowed to invite friends into their home? How frequently? Did Jennifer and Julia experience some of the normal rights of passage like hosting a pajama party with their friends? Seems like anyone in attendance would have noticed the lack of a bathroom door "waitasec: and reported it to their parents. I also get the impression that Jim didn't want Kim's family around much, so I wonder how often extended family members visited the home, or did they socialize at other relatives' larger homes? :moo:

You bring up an important point that seems to fit in with the profile of a controller and abuser; isolation. Did they have friends over? I can't imagine parents putting up with their children using a bathroom that only had a curtain. Dang, this is creepy.

Especially in heightened state of excitement, which moments of bow hunting may have given him, thus he knew to keep to himself perhaps? It seems a big part of his awareness space over time, whether it has anything to do with his possible proclivities or any cohorts. It would be interesting to know if when he chose to hunt had anything to do with when he chose to take his medication too. Did he let himself go a bit on the meds during hunting season possibly?

If we have a psychiatric professional on the thread their input on this would be very valuable. It is my understanding that bipolar folks will typically go off their meds to achieve a heightened, manic state which they find euphoric. During this state they tend to be disorganized, have pressure of speech, and can be very impulsive. Hyper sexual, money spending, and violent. Their mania, if unchecked, can lead to delusion.
It doesn't seem as if he would hunt during these episodes. However, his *advertiser censored* "hobby" would certainly align with a hyper sexual state.

You bring up an important point that seems to fit in with the profile of a controller and abuser; isolation. Did they have friends over? I can't imagine parents putting up with their children using a bathroom that only had a curtain. Dang, this is creepy.

He had the capacity to make friends and pour his heart out, garner loyalty, so he may have used his relationships transactionally.

If we have a psychiatric professional on the thread their input on this would be very valuable. It is my understanding that bipolar folks will typically go off their meds to achieve a heightened, manic state which they find euphoric. During this state they tend to be disorganized, have pressure of speech, and can be very impulsive. Hyper sexual, money spending, and violent. Their mania, if unchecked, can lead to delusion.
It doesn't seem as if he would hunt during these episodes. However, his *advertiser censored* "hobby" would certainly align with a hyper sexual state.

It would take a pro over time observing him to even make a diagnosis much less the exact patterns of his bipolarity, if he is that and not something else, but whatever he is, what you say rings true in that medication subdues the fast thinking and euphoric 'I can do no wrong' confidence and distances a person as a defense mechanism. It may just as well set them in very re-assuring rote controlled expressions of their drives, for comfort or satisfaction, from what I've observed, with not an iota of expertise to base that on.

Roses - I will certainly answer your questions later this evening as I have a prior commitment during the day today. I am out the door in just a few minutes.

I do have one last question perhaps you could help me with. Has anyone on here ever entertained the idea of erotic asphyxia as a possible cause?

Roses - I will certainly answer your questions later this evening as I have a prior commitment during the day today. I am out the door in just a few minutes.

I do have one last question perhaps you could help me with. Has anyone on here ever entertained the idea of erotic asphyxia as a possible cause?

From what I have heard, there was no indication of sexual activity, so that doesn't align. However, all theories should not be excluded IMO.

This is probably going to sound crazy, but I figured this would be the group of people to ask. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread a natural response our body has when water is forced into our airways, I can't remember the exact wording. basically everything constricts to keep water out and prevent water from coming in but the downside is if it continues long enough you can't breathe in oxygen. So now the crazy part, could waterboarding cause this type of asphyxiation they say preceded the drowning?

I hate researching stuff on my phone because it's hard to read and my 8 year old is usually reading over my shoulder if I go on the computer, so I haven't been able to research the effects of water boarding or something similar on the body.

I do believe upthread it was stated there was no merit to one complaint as the records couldn't even be found in CPS's system.

That may be the case. My point was simply that someone DID try to intervene, in response to your assertion that no one stepped in on the girls' behalf.

Hello Everyone..... Forager has researched and developed a map of places of interest for Julia's case. Some are JT's hunting areas and others are strictly related to Julia's places of employment and residences. Sometimes, having all these points mapped out will help everyone understand what has been said concerning her case. Any and all "tools" that may possibly help bring Justice to Julia are appreciated. Thanks Forager for this map plus the other members who contributed to the end product.
Here's the link to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kY07lN8zpHx0
You can use the "zoom" controls and navigate as you would on a normal google map.
I hope this helps in our journey to get Justice for Julia.

Forager has worked very hard on this map, and it is an exceptional visual tool to help us with this case.
THANK YOU Forager!
Everyone - as you look at this map, look for the patterns that emerge...

Hello Everyone..... Forager has researched and developed a map of places of interest for Julia's case. Some are JT's hunting areas and others are strictly related to Julia's places of employment and residences. Sometimes, having all these points mapped out will help everyone understand what has been said concerning her case. Any and all "tools" that may possibly help bring Justice to Julia are appreciated. Thanks Forager for this map plus the other members who contributed to the end product.
Here's the link to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kY07lN8zpHx0
You can use the "zoom" controls and navigate as you would on a normal google map.

Thanks, Trojan, for helping me understand what we were mapping!

A couple of technical notes:

The map will come up looking somewhat jumbled using the default zoom. Zoom in tighter to see particular areas more clearly and with more detail. (Use the + and - keys or icons to zoom in and out). Use the little hand icon (or the arrow keys) to move around the map. Click on map markers to see more: text, photos, articles and videos.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...o.kY07lN8zpHx0

There will doubtless be updates to the map as we go, but the URL to link to the map will remain unchanged. Please contact me to report errors or suggest additions to the map.

It will hopefully help, Trojan1966, to make sense of a solid case when the time comes, I pray. We'll just keep at it until then, adding points as information comes up. You are the one who has provided the most substantial information that has helped a great deal.

roses thoughts are outstanding using the map as a tool. Both Forager's consummate map and rosefromangels' well considered speculation and hypothesis work great together.

First of all, I hear you folks in Michigan are trying to act like us Californians. An earthquake today! Hope everyone is well, and not too shook up. We are pretty ho-hum about earthquakes out here unless it knocks the drink out of someone's hand. ; )

Once again this Saturday, I spent some time walking in the sunshine and today I focused my thoughts solely on Julia. There are two places I do my best thinking; one in a beautiful little park and the other is a 12 mile hike around a lake. Today I walked in the park and sat on a bench under a huge pine tree.

I sat and thought about all the details of this murder that are known, the gray areas of speculation & hypothesis, and the endless amounts of drama, attempted deflection, and what I now perceive to be lies by virtue of omission/ lack of complete disclosure.

Upon arriving back home, I have analyzed my theorem against Forager's exceptional map, and have come up with the following:

Hunting
We know Turnquist is an avid hunter. Forager has mapped the areas Turnquist frequented, and there are several locations that form a perimeter near EMU, as well as where Chelsea Bruck was murdered. While this in itself can not be interpreted as guilt, combining this fact with the following factors does raise additional suspicion:

*Turnquist had no steady form of employment. He seemed to dabble in the cleaning business, karate lessons to children, and selling apartment leftbehinds (and I wonder what else), on Craigslist. Turnquist wasn't anchored to any particular location or time, and would have had the opportunity to move about without detection, if he so chose.
*It's been said Turnquist had a volatile relationship with Julia, and this is why she moved to her Grandmothers.
*There have been allegations of past child abuse against both twins, and suggestions of impropriety, although unproven
*There have been allegations that Turnquist is bipolar, and goes off his medication making him unstable
*Turnquist demonstrated instability when his wife had to call 911, with the concern that Turnquist was homicidal/suicidal
*Turnquist has failed to satisfy LE's queries, and is a POI in his step daughter's murder
*Turnquist, despite his teary vow of "justice for Julia", has not provided LE with a *formal* statement, or submitted to a LE administered polygraph
*Turnquist has been arrested on charges of possession of child *advertiser censored*

Both Kim and Jennifer have stated that Turnquist was home the night Julia was murdered. Perhaps this is true, but *WHEN* did he get home, and from where? Forager's map shows us Turnquist goes to hunting areas that form almost a perfect circle around where Julia's murder took place, as well as Chelsea Bruck's. And, here is a guide to the various hunting seasons. There was plenty going on when both girls were murdered:
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518-312005--,00.html

So here are the questions I am thinking about tonight:
1. What time did Turnquist get home the night Julia was murdered. Where had he been that day?
2. Where was Turnquist the early morning hours when Chelsea was murdered?
3. Did Chelsea have any contact with Turnquist? Did he frequent Olga's?
4. Does Turnquist have any connection whatsoever to Pickaxe Preacher, it's band members or fans?
5. Have Turnquist and his wife participated in any "special hobbies" together? If so, have their children had any exposure (even unintentional) to this?

Forager's map truly gives me the chills. You can see how Turnquist's hunting grounds circle these murder scenes, and how he moves freely throughout his days from one point to another undetected.

I *speculate* that Kim and Jennifer know all too well that Turnquist was in Julia's area when she was murdered. He probably *was* at home that night, but after Julia's murder took place. Given the profile that has been established, I suspect they got in to an argument, and he lost his temper.

I will continue to study Forager's map and see if I can provide any additional theories for us to pick apart.
I've really been trying to evaluate other possibilities, but everything....*everything* keeps pointing back to Turnquist.

Last question: *Did Julia every express concern about her youngest sister "M" and her stepfather?*

Edited to add: I really want to check this guy off the list and move on to establishing other suspects. However, I'm like the man who owns the P.I. firm that recently clawed back the reward. I simply can't move forward until JT clears himself. There is too much to be concerned about.

:bump:

From what I have heard, there was no indication of sexual activity, so that doesn't align. However, all theories should not be excluded IMO.

As long as we focus on Julia being a victim. The subject of erotic asphyxia could easily suggest that Julia was into kinky sexual practices (alone or with others) and should be avoided unless or until more details of the homicide are released. :moo:

Does anyone know if Turnquist has any male friends - real friends - not just acquaintances, or did he just make friends with women who had young children/grandchildren?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor