MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one will be spending it with two of my daughters and their families at our house, swimming, horseshoes and building memories with my grandchildren. Enjoy your weekend !
respectfully briefed

Am so far, you too (sounds perfect), and I wish you and yours a very Happy Mother's Day. Thank you 4ist!

~ * ~

Uh, sorry to bring this up, but it has often come up that he withdrew into himself, ditched the crowd and disappeared. Did he possibly have a private/secret place, would he walk away, drive away, hover in or off limits, how easily was he to grab hold of again? Would he pop in at meal-time, to say good-bye, pack people off, or just hey at first and biff?

The missing laptop, would you happen to know if he used it from home, through public wifi at some hangout, like a club, bar, or something, during the times he'd absent himself, for example. As somebody who cleaned apartment buildings, I imagine he may have been able to access some computers in areas where he worked, possibly? Did he have a favorite topic, something of interest he seemed to keep up with, besides karate and hunting?

MiMommy, have I understood correctly that you have only been friends with Julia's parents since just before Julia's death (a few weeks before, I believe you mentioned.... or did I forget again?).

You are correct.

I have heard there is another explanation for the lack of visits between the family. I say this only for the sake of stating that there are two sides to every story. I will not post the explanation I have been told in public forum as I do not wish to slam either side. But again, it is clear that the family dynamic here is extremely flawed.

I have also heard the reasons as well MIMOMMY. I have not posted what I have heard for the same reason you stated, but I will say that it is quite clear to me why none of the children have wanted to visit.

Spellbound, JT not being allowed to instruct children at the Martial Art studio, happened about 7-12 months ago.

This was many months prior to finding the images on his computer. Why was he not allowed to instruct children?

Dear spellbound: There is a whole lot of baited conversations in here, skirting much of what people actually know for certain. I do not want to jeopardize Julia's murder case. And I stand behind my posts as being what I know to be truthful. I am a truth seeker and want nothing but the truth to show it self.

Hey Black Squirrel, as far as we have heard, both room mates, and there boyfriends have been cleared. Unfortunately, the first detective put a lot of hours on the book, but did not keep good records. The present lead detective is a real bulldog, she is definitely working for Julia. Kim was very close to the first detective, I believe to close, considering that now with JT being a POI, guess who Kim was going home and sharing all that pertinent information with JT!!!!
Note to all: early in the investigation, extended family was questioned and a computer was taken by detectives, given freely. But when Kim was asked about any computers, she told police that they didn't have any. Nor did the Turnquist ever allow or invite the police to come to their home. The police finally in Dec. 2014 served their first warrant and at that time the police took ONLY Kim's computer, the Turnquist had more then one computer JT had a lap top that has never been found. The computer that they took in Feb. 2015 with a search warrant was a newer computer, perhaps to replace the one taken in December. Now I ask you all, why would The Turnquist say that they have cooperated with the investigation, when they did not turn THEIR computers over when other family Grandma Rose, did? When we asked Kim since JT's arrest why the detectives never took their computers or investigated their home, Kim said ' I don't know Dad, you'd have to ask the police'. We did ask, and found out that they said originally that they didn't have a computer. And were never asked or welcomed to come to their home. That is what we have been told by investigators. Not my opinion, just sharing what we have been told.

What do you consider to be baited conversations and to whom are they directed at?

Is this the same lead detective that was promoted to Sargent?? He must have been pretty good at his job. I've posted a link to the news article which mentions his promotion. http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/post_21.html

Why did the LE ask for a computer of an extended family member???? That's a rather interesting bit of info.

What do you consider to be baited conversations and to whom are they directed at?

Is this the same lead detective that was promoted to Sargent?? He must have been pretty good at his job. I've posted a link to the news article which mentions his promotion. http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/post_21.html

Why did the LE ask for a computer of an extended family member???? That's a rather interesting bit of info.

My guess is that, since Julia was living with grandma when she wasn't at EMU, she was using a computer at grandma's house. So the computer they took from grandma Rose was either Julia's computer, or grandma Rose's computer that was also used by Julia. Initially LE probably only investigated computers used by Julia for clues. I don't think investigators would have believed Kim if she had said that they don't have any computers. Why would Kim say they don't have a computer when this is a fact that could easily be disproven? I think it is more likely that investigators asked Kim about any computers at their house that were being used by Julia. JMO.

My guess is that, since Julia was living with grandma when she wasn't at EMU, she was using a computer at grandma's house. So the computer they took from grandma Rose was either Julia's computer, or grandma Rose's computer that was also used by Julia. Initially LE probably only investigated computers used by Julia for clues. I don't think investigators would have believed Kim if she had said that they don't have any computers. Why would Kim say they don't have a computer when this is a fact that could easily be disproven? I think it is more likely that investigators asked Kim about any computers at their house that were being used by Julia. JMO.

Thank you! Your post makes perfect sense to me!

This was many months prior to finding the images on his computer. Why was he not allowed to instruct children?
Hi Casper, We were told by JT's daughter who attended this martial arts studio for years, that there were many complaints from children and their parents that he was to strict and controlling.

I wonder why, if so many at the Dojo dislike JT why he is still teaching classes? Or why many of his supporters are his adult students or the parents of the children he taught?

One would think if he was such a horrible person and wasn't allowed to teach children, why would the owners of the Dojo continue to welcome him as an instructor now? Wouldn't the current mess be a simple way "out"?

Hi Casper, We were told by JT's daughter who attended this martial arts studio for years, that there were many complaints from children and their parents that he was to strict and controlling.

I wonder why, if so many at the Dojo dislike JT why he is still teaching classes? Or why many of his supporters are his adult students or the parents of the children he taught?

One would think if he was such a horrible person and wasn't allowed to teach children, why would the owners of the Dojo continue to welcome him as an instructor now? Wouldn't the current mess be a simple way "out"?

I thought that he wasn't teaching now? How could he - he is not supposed to be around children.

4ist, that right there has to be mind wrap tough on a kid. What a shame.

respectfully briefed

Am so far, you too (sounds perfect), and I wish you and yours a very Happy Mother's Day. Thank you 4ist!

~ * ~

Uh, sorry to bring this up, but it has often come up that he withdrew into himself, ditched the crowd and disappeared. Did he possibly have a private/secret place, would he walk away, drive away, hover in or off limits, how easily was he to grab hold of again? Would he pop in at meal-time, to say good-bye, pack people off, or just hey at first and biff?

Dear FindHG, we really all would like to know where he spent much if his time, other then his cleaning jobs and his Martial Arts. We know that he hunted and fished. I would not really be the one to ask, for any time in the last 10 years during any visit to his home, he didn't stick around long enough to talk to. He drove away on our visits, at the twins high school graduation party at their house he would make an appearance for a few minutes, not interact with anyone, then disappear. Even though he had some of his own family there. Same when Jennifer graduated from EMU, the Jennifer and Kim were getting ready at the Turnquist home, JT got ready as well, we were just sitting in the living room waiting for everyone to to get ready to go to
The graduation, and Jim just clicked his tongue, with disgust and impatience and took off by himself in his truck. Drama, always drama. So when Kim and Jennifer finally were ready, they drove with us, zee drove about 30 minute drive away to a gas station, where JT was pouting in his truck, Kim got in his truck and they drove off to the graduation. We had Jennifer in our car. At the after party at Grandma Rose's house, their was a good turnout of family and friends, JT even attended, but he did not hang around long.

The missing laptop, would you happen to know if he used it from home, through public wifi at some hangout, like a club, bar, or something, during the times he'd absent himself, for example. As somebody who cleaned apartment buildings, I imagine he may have been able to access some computers in areas where he worked, possibly? Did he have a favorite topic, something of interest he seemed to keep up with, besides karate and hunting?

About that missing laptop, it was actually a gift from The twins For Christmas 2012, mind you, Julia's body was found Tuesday, Dec. 11. Evidently the twins had put it on lay away.
Not sure what were his favorite subjects were, I know that he was really into his martial arts and his fishing, boating and hunting. Kim said that he enjoyed working in the yard. If he is found guilty of this child *advertiser censored* charge, I'd say that then he was into that as well. We have never seen him with any friends during our visits, and have NO clue where he went when he would disappear or what ever happened to JT's lap top.

They took Grandma Roses computer because JT had been on it.

Black squirrel,
If your explanation is correct that LE wanted any computers that Julia had used, why then did Kim & JT not offer up there computers then? I know if I wanted my daughters murder solved I would do anything and everything to get it solved. Kim & JT KNEW that the detectives wanted Grandma Roses computer and actually another computer that was used at Grandma Roses, but they couldn't take it because Roses son who lived with Rose, had to check in with his Tether thingy on a computer, so they never took that one. Matter a fact Kim's brother still has that computer. I really do wonder why Kim and JT didn't turn over their computers then, knowing it might help the investigation. Julia did visit the Turnquist home, did get on their computer, so why did it take 2 years and a warrant to get their computer?

I don't see the relevance of the questions about the Dojo's staffing decisions. We see a pretty clear pattern of assertive, controlling behavior on JT's part, and I've seen no reason to dismiss the information that there were many complaints from children and their parents about it. Have you?

Well, Jerry Sandusky had (and still has) supporters, among them his wife and adopted son Matt, who denied and denied any wrong doing.
Matt finally disclosed he was also a victim of Sandusky to prosecutors before the end of the trial.

From an article back in Dec 2014, where Matt spoke at a conference:

Matt Sandusky met Jerry Sandusky through the former Penn State assistant football coach's youth charity. He said perpetrators "groom" their family and victims and that he's sure Jerry Sandusky's wife was groomed.

"I can't answer what she did or didn't know," he said. "I know that she has walked in on things that most wives would think to be inappropriate for husbands to be doing."

Dottie Sandusky has maintained her husband did nothing wrong

Read more: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/12/dottie_sandusky_walked_in_on_t.html

Black squirrel,
If your explanation is correct that LE wanted any computers that Julia had used, why the did Kim & JT not offer up there computers then? I know if I wanted my daughters murder solved I would do anything and everything to get it solved. Kim & JT KNEW that the detectives wanted Grandma Roses computer and actually another computer that was used at Grandma Roses, but they couldn't take it because Roses don who lived with Rose, had to check in with his Tether thingy on a computer, so they never took that one. Matter a fact Kim's brother still has that computer. I really do wonder why Kim and JT didn't turn over their computers then, knowing it might help the investigation. Jia did visit the Turnquist home, did get on their computer, so why did it take 2 years and a warrant to get their computer?

Did the girls have their own computers before they gave the laptop as a gift to him or did they use a desktop Kim or the whole family used?

Thank you, again 4ist, for sharing your memories with us. I feel bad about asking you and have you have to go over all of what you recall again. It can't be easy.

They took Grandma Roses computer because JT had been on it.
But Julia had been on this computer as well, right? My impression was that JT wasn't fond of grandma Rose. He probably didn't spend a lot of time at her house and probably used her computer sporadically, if at all.

Black squirrel,
If your explanation is correct that LE wanted any computers that Julia had used, why the did Kim & JT not offer up there computers then? I know if I wanted my daughters murder solved I would do anything and everything to get it solved. Kim & JT KNEW that the detectives wanted Grandma Roses computer and actually another computer that was used at Grandma Roses, but they couldn't take it because Roses don who lived with Rose, had to check in with his Tether thingy on a computer, so they never took that one. Matter a fact Kim's brother still has that computer. I really do wonder why Kim and JT didn't turn over their computers then, knowing it might help the investigation. Jia did visit the Turnquist home, did get on their computer, so why did it take 2 years and a warrant to get their computer?
I cannot really speak for JT or Kim, but my guess is that they did not think that she stored any files on that computer. She probably did not have her own account and did not save files on that computer because she was not living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth