MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that missing laptop, it was actually a gift from The twins For Christmas 2012, mind you, Julia's body was found Tuesday, Dec. 11. Evidently the twins had put it on lay away.
Not sure what were his favorite subjects were, I know that he was really into his martial arts and his fishing, boating and hunting. Kim said that he enjoyed working in the yard. If he is found guilty of this child *advertiser censored* charge, I'd say that then he was into that as well. We have never seen him with any friends during our visits, and have NO clue where he went when he would disappear or what ever happened to JT's lap top.

Perhaps they never gave the computer to JT. Have you seen the laptop computer? Perhaps it was the same computer as was handed over to LE?

Did the girls have their own computers before they gave the laptop as a gift to him or did they use a desktop Kim or the whole family used?

Thank you, again 4ist, for sharing your memories with us. I feel bad about asking you and have you have to go over all of what you recall again. It can't be easy.

Well FindHG, I would say that Jennifer and Julia at the time around the murder would have had their own computer. I believe that Kim's computer may have been used by most all of the family. And since JTs arrest for child *advertiser censored*, Kim has enlightened us by telling us that Jennifer's boyfriend and Kim's brother and even my husband have used her computer.

I thought that he wasn't teaching now? How could he - he is not supposed to be around children.

Yea, why would they let JT teach there, if he's not suppose to be around kids under the age of 16?

Perhaps they never gave the computer to JT. Have you seen the laptop computer? Perhaps it was the same computer as was handed over to LE?

We were told by both Jennifer and Kim that supposedly LE took JT's gift laptop. So I guess the gift was given to him. But LE says the computer they got in Feb. Was a newer computer, not JTs laptop, that is missing.

Hey Black Squirrel, as far as we have heard, both room mates, and there boyfriends have been cleared. Unfortunately, the first detective put a lot of hours on the book, but did not keep good records. The present lead detective is a real bulldog, she is definitely working for Julia. Kim was very close to the first detective, I believe to close, considering that now with JT being a POI, guess who Kim was going home and sharing all that pertinent information with JT!!!!
The roommates have past a polygraph test. But one of the roommates (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things and then went to stay with her boyfriend that night. So it seems that this roommate doesn't have a good alibi, and maybe a motive (perhaps Julia caught her again using drugs and Julia was going to tell.) There may be other scenarios where the drugs did play a role, but where the perp is someone else (for example a supplier, or a drug seeker). I also wonder whether there could have been a mistaken identity. Unlikely, I admit, but it may be an angle that hasn't been considered yet.

edit: some of the info I got from Trojan. Thanks, Trojan, and please correct me if my factual statements above misrepresent what you have told me.

All the discussions about computers and laptops is great but in reality, if providing them to LE would seemingly assist in the investigation, then why wasn't that done voluntarily early on in the investigation. Why didn't the first lead detective (who was promoted!) pursue this. He was suppose to be very friendly with Kim and all the family. You would think that with everyone preaching at that time "Justice for Julia" that someone may have volunteered their computers. Again, wouldn't most parents do anything they can do to assist LE to solve this crime? Once LE took any computer, you would think others might at least say, "What about our computer?" Maybe they did and the detective at that time didn't want them. My big concern is that I have been told that compared for the time spent by the first detective on this case, the documentation is very sparse. So it took over a year and a "new" lead detective to really start digging into this case. She has a much different method of doing this and doesn't pull any punches. She has constantly told us that she is "working for Julia, period!" Kim doesn't seem to like her because she does not readily share any information concerning the investigation with her, like the previous detective did. Possibly this personality conflict has led to their not being cooperative. By doing this, they have put a cloud of doubt over all of them. I will again state that "Justice for Julia" should be the number one goal to focus on. Anything less than that is unacceptable to me.

All the discussions about computers and laptops is great but in reality, if providing them to LE would seemingly assist in the investigation, then why wasn't that done voluntarily early on in the investigation. Why didn't the first lead detective (who was promoted!) pursue this. He was suppose to be very friendly with Kim and all the family. You would think that with everyone preaching at that time "Justice for Julia" that someone may have volunteered their computers. Again, wouldn't most parents do anything they can do to assist LE to solve this crime? Once LE took any computer, you would think others might at least say, "What about our computer?" Maybe they did and the detective at that time didn't want them. My big concern is that I have been told that compared for the time spent by the first detective on this case, the documentation is very sparse. So it took over a year and a "new" lead detective to really start digging into this case. She has a much different method of doing this and doesn't pull any punches. She has constantly told us that she is "working for Julia, period!" Kim doesn't seem to like her because she does not readily share any information concerning the investigation with her, like the previous detective did. Possibly this personality conflict has led to their not being cooperative. By doing this, they have put a cloud of doubt over all of them. I will again state that "Justice for Julia" should be the number one goal to focus on. Anything less than that is unacceptable to me.

Have been given that laptop as a gift, if the reason it may have never come up with LE or insufficiently if it did, is to hide something, and the detective at the time didn't notice, then the ISP (internet service proivder), would have a record of all the computers signed onto the web from their address, I think. The ISP may have an identifying information on record for that laptop which would help trace if it was ever used again from another ISP. It would seem to me, as far as wiping out hard drives completely clean, one would have to know a lot about hard drives. So, perhaps Turnquist sold his laptop after it was wiped with help he may have had or hid it in some cache somewhere that he felt secure wouldn't be found, more in line with his controlling nature. That cache would be my guess for the reason he ran to the Do Jo, all antics aside.

Thank you, Trojan, again, for taking the time, and please forgive any dunce conjecture on my part.

The roommates have past a polygraph test. But one of the roommates (the one Julia caught using drugs in the apartment) came into the apartment a bit after 10:30pm on Sunday (the night that Julia is believed to be killed) to pick up some things and then went to stay with her boyfriend that night. So it seems that this roommate doesn't have a good alibi, and maybe a motive (perhaps Julia caught her again using drugs and Julia was going to tell.) There may be other scenarios where the drugs did play a role, but where the perp is someone else (for example a supplier, or a drug seeker). I also wonder whether there could have been a mistaken identity. Unlikely, I admit, but it may be an angle that hasn't been considered yet.

edit: some of the info I got from Trojan. Thanks, Trojan, and please correct me if my factual statements above misrepresent what you have told me.

I believe everyone who has submitted to a Polygraph has passed. I still waver on how helpful these tests can be.

I wonder if perhaps you are on a possible good path i.e, someone drug related came into the apartment and found Julia home alone - not carrying WHO their victim was but simply sending a "message"

I don't see a random, or little known dealer or drug user murdering someone in the way Julia was. Seems too complicated and personal.

Black squirrel,
If your explanation is correct that LE wanted any computers that Julia had used, why then did Kim & JT not offer up there computers then? I know if I wanted my daughters murder solved I would do anything and everything to get it solved. Kim & JT KNEW that the detectives wanted Grandma Roses computer and actually another computer that was used at Grandma Roses, but they couldn't take it because Roses son who lived with Rose, had to check in with his Tether thingy on a computer, so they never took that one. Matter a fact Kim's brother still has that computer. I really do wonder why Kim and JT didn't turn over their computers then, knowing it might help the investigation. Julia did visit the Turnquist home, did get on their computer, so why did it take 2 years and a warrant to get their computer?

So Kim's brother is on parole. What was his crime? Could he be a suspect?

Have been given that laptop as a gift, if the reason it may have never come up with LE or insufficiently if it did, is to hide something, and the detective at the time didn't notice, then the ISP (internet service proivder), would have a record of all the computers signed onto the web from their address, I think. The ISP may have an identifying information on record for that laptop which would help trace if it was ever used again from another ISP. It would seem to me, as far as wiping out hard drives completely clean, one would have to know a lot about hard drives. So, perhaps Turnquist sold his laptop after it was wiped with help he may have had or hid it in some cache somewhere that he felt secure wouldn't be found, more in line with his controlling nature. That cache would be my guess for the reason he ran to the Do Jo, all antics aside.

Thank you, Trojan, again, for taking the time, and please forgive any dunce conjecture on my part.

I don't see a random, or little known dealer or drug user murdering someone in the way Julia was. Seems too complicated and personal.

Yes, same here, agreed, MerBeach.

Well said Trojan, and why would JT within a week after Julia was murdered, lawyer up? From what I have heard he has had more the one lawyer.
Another bit of info for you sluethers. Kim had shared with us that JT's cleaning business had struggled, loss of clients in the last few years, WHY? I understand that he had both Julia and Kim's brother Marcus at times help him clean. Wonder why his business had loss of clients, and why Marcus stopped working for him? I was told that he has had other female help at times, who are they and how often did the help JT?

Well said Trojan, and why would JT within a week after Julia was murdered, lawyer up? From what I have heard he has had more the one lawyer.
Another bit of info for you sluethers. Kim had shared with us that JT's cleaning business had struggled, loss of clients in the last few years, WHY? I understand that he had both Julia and Kim's brother Marcus at times help him clean. Wonder why his business had loss of clients, and why Marcus stopped working for him? I was told that he has had other female help at times, who are they and how often did the help JT?

I'm obviously not trying to stab here but are we sure MN stopped working for him as in "quit" or did he stop working for him when he ran into legal trouble and became incarcerated?

While we are on this subject - Perhaps we should also discuss the fact that JT was the one who posted bail for MN while he was incarcerated so that he could attend Julia's funeral if I am to understand correctly?

I only say this because I do not think if the two had a "bad" relationship JT would have been quick to post bail for him? Especially if we go by what is being said and believe that JT's business was failing?

Thank you 4ist. This information is kind of flooring. I hope LE has revisited these considerations. My experience in life is that time strips away false notions from the truth, inevitably, so we as humans get a chance to see things differently, and reconsider our perceptions, and we try to move on from there. Holding onto to mistaken notions as a point of pride or loyalty is like pissing in the ..., it seems to me. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything you've posted, but it's where my thoughts lead me as to what new eyes may see.

Thank you 4ist. This information is kind of flooring. I hope LE has revisited these considerations. My experience in life is that time strips away false notions from the truth, inevitably, so we as humans get a chance to see things differently, and reconsider our perceptions, and we try to move on from there. Holding onto to mistaken notions as a point of pride or loyalty is like pissing in the ..., it seems to me. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything you've posted, but it's where my thoughts lead me as to what new eyes may see.
I think that JT got "lawyered up" within a week (if that is the case) because other family members accused him within a week.

They took Grandma Roses computer because JT had been on it.

That does not make sense to me at all! If Julia were living with Grandma at the time (at least while not at the University), it would be presumable LE would want access to the computer to see who Julia may have been in contact with via the computer as well as any other indicators of what was going on in her life at the time.

That does not make sense to me at all! If Julia were living with Grandma at the time (at least while not at the University), it would be presumable LE would want access to the computer to see who Julia may have been in contact with via the computer as well as any other indicators of what was going on in her life at the time.

If Grandma R hates JT and has - and JT supposedly ran anytime the N family was around - How and Why would he have been on Grandma R's laptop??

Makes sense to me if Julia usued that computer often that LE would want to know who she conversed with, what her habits were, any social media contacts via that computer. Maybe it would depend how much she used the computer at Grandma's and when was the last time she was there and on that computer. I would imagine LE had good reasons if the took it.

JMO

I'm obviously not trying to stab here but are we sure MN stopped working for him as in "quit" or did he stop working for him when he ran into legal trouble and became incarcerated?

While we are on this subject - Perhaps we should also discuss the fact that JT was the one who posted bail for MN while he was incarcerated so that he could attend Julia's funeral if I am to understand correctly?

I only say this because I do not think if the two had a "bad" relationship JT would have been quick to post bail for him? Especially if we go by what is being said and believe that JT's business was failing?

MN may have quit, but business was very "slow" because of the economy and MN got another job installing and refinishing hardwood floors. As for MN quitting, I'm not sure but the preceeding is my thoughts. MN continues to do the flooring work to this day.
Also you mentioned that JT posted the bond for MN. Beleive it or not, I did contribute some money to that but JT provided the most. Since MN made his court dates, I wonder what happened to the bond money that was returned (if any was)? No one has told me anything about that.
As for MN and JT's relationship, I think they are friends to this day.

Makes sense to me if Julia usued that computer often that LE would want to know who she conversed with, what her habits were, any social media contacts via that computer. Maybe it would depend how much she used the computer at Grandma's and when was the last time she was there and on that computer. I would imagine LE had good reasons if the took it.

JMO

Sorry for not being clear in my statement. I meant it didn't make sense to me that JT was on Rose's computer, especially since it has been stated numerous times he never stayed around longer than a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth