MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video attached to your article, I notice that the youngest sister (is she 13 yrs. old now?) is in the courtroom. That seems a rather inappropriate trial to bring such a young aged child. I believe she should be aware of what is happening, but I sure hope she does not attend the actual trial and have to see evidence of the images in evidence. Truly, I feel for that young person.

I don't think the general public will "see" the actual pictures but may hear a good description of each which would not the right place for a minor child to be. This was a pretrial hearing and really no need for her to be there unless the parents were hoping the charges would be dropped and JT would be set free! All in all, this was not a good parental decision but they made it possibly hoping for the best.

Good point, Trojan. I hope you are right. I imagine the young daughter wants her daddy home.

I don't think the general public will "see" the actual pictures but may hear a good description of each which would not the right place for a minor child to be. This was a pretrial hearing and really no need for her to be there unless the parents were hoping the charges would be dropped and JT would be set free! All in all, this was not a good parental decision but they made it possibly hoping for the best.

I hope by September 21st this Fall better parental and other decisions ensue that may put your mind at ease, Trojan, as it touches you and your loved ones.

Bumping this for Julie. A light that went out too soon. Hope Trojan1966 and his family are doing well and get the answers they deserve in the loss of their beloved Julie.

I have heard that the statements and affidavits presented to the court by the Ypsi LE concerning the first search warrant (Dec 2014) presented some very strong evidence concerning JT's possible knowledge of Julia's murder. The Ann Arbor News has filed Freedom of Information requests to obtain copies of these documents. Whether or not if they will get them is another story. So for now, we sit and wait to see what happens....... Justice for Julia is our ultimate goal.

I have heard that the statements and affidavits presented to the court by the Ypsi LE concerning the first search warrant (Dec 2014) presented some very strong evidence concerning JT's possible knowledge of Julia's murder. The Ann Arbor News has filed Freedom of Information requests to obtain copies of these documents. Whether or not if they will get them is another story. So for now, we sit and wait to see what happens....... Justice for Julia is our ultimate goal.

Thank you for the update. I was wondering if JT is aware of what these documents say?

Thank you, Trojan, for sharing this information. Your steadfast pursuit of the truth for Julia and the well being of your family is as always inspiring.

Thank you for the update. I was wondering if JT is aware of what these documents say?

I would think he is because his lawyer received copies of the documents. Surely he questioned JT about what was in the documents. I've heard that there are about 12 pages of documents.

I would think he is because his lawyer received copies of the documents. Surely he questioned JT about what was in the documents. I've heard that there are about 12 pages of documents.

Interesting. I was hoping that maybe there would be some condition to LE turning them over that the lawyer could not reveal certain information. So now he knows what they have uncovered making him POI. Doesn't seem right, though perhaps they have other information not in those particular documents, which JT or his lawyer would not be aware of.

I appreciate you taking time to answer. Julie's case is one I have been following closely. Perhaps September's trial will help get the answers needed to get Julie's case moving in the right direction.

Thank you for all your updates, Trojan. I hope this case does no harm to Julia's Justice. Hopefully, the documents are just the tip of what they have and they will be able to prove their case. It is difficult being patient..... I am trying to let things progress through the courts, but I so want her Justice now not months/years from now.

If JT knows anything about the death, I wish and pray he speaks up. I can think of only one reason to not be talking if he has information that will find her murderer. I hope I am wrong.

Thank you for all your updates, Trojan. I hope this case does no harm to Julia's Justice. Hopefully, the documents are just the tip of what they have and they will be able to prove their case. It is difficult being patient..... I am trying to let things progress through the courts, but I so want her Justice now not months/years from now.

If JT knows anything about the death, I wish and pray he speaks up. I can think of only one reason to not be talking if he has information that will find her murderer. I hope I am wrong.
I got up this morning thinking today was the trial day. Silly me. I feel the same Spellbound. Something wasn't right with his lack of cooperation. Whatever the truth is, may it all come out.

It sure has been "quiet" on this thread....... Everyone seems to be waiting for JT's trial on September 21st to start. I have not seen any recent comments from anyone since the documents were presented at the last pretrial. Time will tell as they say. I'd like to get this trial over and done so everyone can concentrate on solving Julia's murder. Justice for Julia is the most important thing for me.

Yes, Trojan...... waiting for trial date to be here. hoping Julia's Justice is coming soon, now. We just may learn something to lead us in the right direction from this trial. If not, we may be back to square-one.

Any word on how long this trial is expected to last? I assume it won't take too long, a few days perhaps?

It sure has been "quiet" on this thread....... Everyone seems to be waiting for JT's trial on September 21st to start. I have not seen any recent comments from anyone since the documents were presented at the last pretrial. Time will tell as they say. I'd like to get this trial over and done so everyone can concentrate on solving Julia's murder. Justice for Julia is the most important thing for me.

“The more identities a man has, the more they express the person they conceal.”
― John le Carré, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Most things don't stay hidden forever, especially when justice is casting its light in search of truth. Certainly in this case, considering the growing silence and that he is headed for trial on the child *advertiser censored* charges, I imagine your patience and passion for justice for Julia will hopefully be requited, Trojan.

Yes, Trojan...... waiting for trial date to be here. hoping Julia's Justice is coming soon, now. We just may learn something to lead us in the right direction from this trial. If not, we may be back to square-one.

Any word on how long this trial is expected to last? I assume it won't take too long, a few days perhaps?

I would not think it would take too long..... Maybe a day or two in court as the first day will involve jury selection. Then a day and a half for the trial then to the jury....... No idea how long they will be discussing this. I would expect everything to be done by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

I would not think it would take too long..... Maybe a day or two in court as the first day will involve jury selection. Then a day and a half for the trial then to the jury....... No idea how long they will be discussing this. I would expect everything to be done by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Thank you. I hope there is decent local coverage.

The order for LE to turn over their murder investigation documents stunned me so I didn't know what to think or say. Doesn't seem fair that LE has to cooperate with him but he doesn't have to cooperate them, in my opinion. My hopes are the trial will be the start in getting Julie's case moving again. LE could be investigating other avenues for the case in the meantime though I'm not aware if they are. Seems like it hinges on the upcoming trial on how it will proceed. There could be some negotiations on the table to get what they need in exchange for a deal should he be found guilty. Not guilty verdict...well, that's another matter.

I had talked with someone today about Julie and her case. Mentioned that the upcoming trial was hopefully going to be the stepping stone in getting you, Julie and your family the answers you deserve. Everyday I think of Julie and you.

Mod Maiden, that is a very good post. I agree with all you said. It has been hard to be patient, but I also believe the murder investigation hinges on the outcome of this trial. If nothing else, it may give a direction for that case to get moving forward again, Hard to know what the LE team is doing right now, but I imagine they are also wanting this phase completed.

I, too, think of Julia every day.

Mod Maiden, that is a very good post. I agree with all you said. It has been hard to be patient, but I also believe the murder investigation hinges on the outcome of this trial. If nothing else, it may give a direction for that case to get moving forward again, Hard to know what the LE team is doing right now, but I imagine they are also wanting this phase completed.

I, too, think of Julia every day.

I do agree with you with this. Just seems like they have been playing tag with a slippery fox. My hope is this trial gets him cornered this time and get the answers they are seeking from him. The laws of justice are unpredictable some times and considered some of the outcome possibilities. It's stunning to believe her stepfather is behaving this way, in my opinion. This was supposed to be the man who loved, care and watched over them when he married their mother. It's so sad that it leaves me speechless and heartbroken for those who knew and loved Julie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487