MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So where is the rug, Kim?" Are you saying the detectives, investigators and crime scene techs couldn't figure out the rug was part of the crime scene until 2 years later????? Seriously, if that's the case... I certainly wouldn't want this crew investigating anything!
I wonder what happend with the rug, but it is unclear. Obviously it is a nobrainer that it should have been collected as evidence. Perhaps it was, and it was lost. Or someone else could have taken it after the room was no longer sealed.

I wonder what happend with the rug, but it is unclear. Obviously it is a nobrainer that it should have been collected as evidence. Perhaps it was, and it was lost. Or someone else could have taken it after the room was no longer sealed.
Or JT could have removed it from storage unit, or any of the aforementioned choices.

More News - JT's lawyer has asked for a Motion Hearing. I called Circuit Court and they did verify that a Motion Hearing will be held. It is scheduled for Sept 11th at 9:30AM. I wonder what his lawyer may be up to now..... Possibly trying to suppress some or all of the documentation that was provided by Ypsi(as he requested) so that at the trial; the jury will not hear or read it. Just a guess on my part. As far as I know, the trial is still scheduled to begin on Sept 21st.

At the end of the video it says the lawyer is going to ask to have the affidavit info. suppressed. Actually, it has little to do with the child *advertiser censored*, other than how the possible child *advertiser censored* got turned over to Monroe, so that may not be a problem. I just hope it does not hurt the murder investigation by having it made public. I suspect they are still withholding information on that.

As for the gloves, the perpetrator may have worn gloves when putting blood onto the pair that were found at the scene. Maybe even worn a "fresh pair" under the ones left behind, so then peeled off the top pair to leave behind.

At the end of the video it says the lawyer is going to ask to have the affidavit info. suppressed. Actually, it has little to do with the child *advertiser censored*, other than how the possible child *advertiser censored* got turned over to Monroe, so that may not be a problem. I just hope it does not hurt the murder investigation by having it made public. I suspect they are still withholding information on that.

As for the gloves, the perpetrator may have worn gloves when putting blood onto the pair that were found at the scene. Maybe even worn a "fresh pair" under the ones left behind, so then peeled off the top pair to leave behind.

JT's lawyer used all of this as a method to find out exactly what Ypsi PD had as evidence concerning Julia's murder. Now that he knows, he does not want this information presented in court as it may influence the jury. I hope the judge allows it but I'm not sure it will be allowed. Time will tell.

I agree, Trojan. Since he wanted it so badly it caused a mistrial, I hope it gets allowed.

Defense knew this was going to happen. He's slicker than snot, I'll give him that.

Trojan and 4ist, I'm deeply sorry that Turnquist's defense's callous tactical ruses are the cause of such obvious pain to you both. I doubt that they will stem the flow of information necessary to bring justice and some semblance of peace to your hearts and minds. I imagine many stand besides you to see it happen.

He still looks quite capable and culpable, as he did when I first saw him in the MSM clips, just an impression at the time, most certainly supported by everything we've learned about him since. Now, we may know what he may have been able to do while he searched for whatever made it worth murdering Julia, possibly.

Who else would need to look through every nook and cranny of her room, leave it clean of damning evidence and not steal anything, then a glove that leads nowhere?

Who would've assumed what was in those wrapped gifts, not bother to look inside of them as well, considering evidence of a frantic search?

It seems to argue for somebody who had a long history with her to hide and would know what was in the gifts, somebody who may have known her intimately. A stranger or a new relationship would not have had much to look for, it seems to me.

The new information is just what the defense could shake loose in hopes of suppressing it, if I'm reading things correctly? So, he now has his answer to the questions he has been asking forever, about LE not telling him what they know.

What seems to stand out the most to me is the fact that Julia was SUPPOSEDLY scheduled to work for JT that Monday morning. Wouldn't one think a phone call would have been made if there was a no show?

Being that the "no show" was the owners daughter, wouldn't you think JT would have been blowing up Julia's phone prior to her being discovered?

Even if the phone was dead, wouldn't there have been record of the calls being made? As a parent if my child didn't show for a job they ASKED for to make extra Christmas cash AND was not answering any of my calls/texts I would be expanding my search to roommates, friends, siblings.

Giving how controlling JT has been portrayed, it must have incensed him that she didn't show for a job....unless of course he knew she wasn't going to make it to the job.

The keys also....this also seems to suggest that the killer took them for the purpose of being able to get back into the apartment/room should they need to for whatever reason.

Lastly, the fact Julia was bound, I wonder if she was also gagged causing the bloody tongue mouth? Her blood found on gloves from removing the gag?

My heart breaks for you Trojan and I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers <3

What seems to stand out the most to me is the fact that Julia was SUPPOSEDLY scheduled to work for JT that Monday morning. Wouldn't one think a phone call would have been made if there was a no show?

Being that the "no show" was the owners daughter, wouldn't you think JT would have been blowing up Julia's phone prior to her being discovered?

Even if the phone was dead, wouldn't there have been record of the calls being made? As a parent if my child didn't show for a job they ASKED for to make extra Christmas cash AND was not answering any of my calls/texts I would be expanding my search to roommates, friends, siblings.

Giving how controlling JT has been portrayed, it must have incensed him that she didn't show for a job....unless of course he knew she wasn't going to make it to the job.

The keys also....this also seems to suggest that the killer took them for the purpose of being able to get back into the apartment/room should they need to for whatever reason.

Lastly, the fact Julia was bound, I wonder if she was also gagged causing the bloody tongue mouth? Her blood found on gloves from removing the gag?

My heart breaks for you Trojan and I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers <3

Great point, dmc43613. IIRC, this has never come up before in any of the MSM reports or on thread.

Great point, dmc43613. IIRC, this has never come up before in any of the MSM reports or on thread.
I do not recall it being common knowledge previously. This rationale could be precisely why JT is named as a person of interest. I find it really hard to believe, as I'm sure LE does, that JT did not seem to make more of an effort to get to the bottom of why Julia didn't make it to work that job.

It also isn't clear from the report if 7:15 a.m. is an out of the ordinary time for JT to leave that Monday. The article eludes to that fact, due to adding "he probably was picking someone up" but you would think that would have been verified by now, unless these are the "whereabouts" LE is trying to get to the bottom of.

I picked up on the statement by twin sister that she knew stepdad was home sleeping all night because she got up several times during the night and he was home.... and mom said they slept together that night. How would daughter know he was in the bed if the room door was closed? Or did they sleep with the door open and she peeked in each time? Or was mom wrong that they slept together? Or did he get up and was not actually in bed all night with mom? Does not make sense to me.

"Kim stated that she and Jim sleep in the same bed 'most nights' and they slept in the same bed on Sunday night 12.9.12 and went to bed at 10 p.m.," Coppock stated of an interview with Kim Turnquist.
"Kim knows that Jim was there all night because Kim advised she got up several times to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and notes that Jim was present," she wrote. "Kim states that Jim left for work at 7:15 a.m. Monday morning and probably picked up an employee ... on the way to his worksite."
from M-Live
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...ents_detail_allegations_a.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Also, I may have posted the wrong date in an earlier post. Julia (according to the same article) was scheduled to do cleaning work the day she was discovered, Dec. 11. Dec. 11 was a Tuesday. She was found @9:30 pm, plenty of time for the family to have wondered why she did not show up for the cleaning job.

Police found Niswender partially clothed in the bathtub in her Peninsular Place apartment on Dec. 11 around 9:30 p.m., when they did a well-being check after she hadn&#8217;t been heard from in a few days.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswender.html

Based on the article it sounds like Julia was to work on the 10th, unless I am interpreting this wrong.

"Niswender's roommate told police she last heard from her via text message the night of Dec. 9, 2012, according to the affidavit. The next day, the roommate heard Julia's alarm clock going off when she stopped in the apartment on her way to classes.

Niswender was supposed to work at a cleaning account for her stepfather that morning, according to statements to police."

You may be right, dmc. The night in question for police was the time frame of when she probably died (Sunday night), not when she was found (Tuesday night) . Was she supposed to work Monday or Tuesday? Either way, you would think the family would have known she was a no-show for the cleaning job and tried to call her.

ETA:Jennifer said she repeatedly tried to call Julia on Dec. 10 and 11th, but it went to voicemail.
"I thought maybe she didn't charge her phone," Kim said.
Kim then received a phone call from one of her friends, alerting her that Julia never showed up for work or the company party.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswender_family.html

I assume the work she did not show up for mentioned in the article was her main job. No concern about the cleaning job?

You may be right, dmc. The night in question for police was the time frame of when she probably died (Sunday night), not when she was found (Tuesday night) . Was she supposed to work Monday or Tuesday? Either way, you would think the family would have known she was a no-show for the cleaning job and tried to call her.

ETA:Jennifer said she repeatedly tried to call Julia on Dec. 10 and 11th, but it went to voicemail.
"I thought maybe she didn't charge her phone," Kim said.
Kim then received a phone call from one of her friends, alerting her that Julia never showed up for work or the company party.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/julia_niswender_family.html

I assume the work she did not show up for mentioned in the article was her main job. No concern about the cleaning job?

Julia was scheduled to work on Dec. 10 and attend a company holiday party that night. [snip]
So she was scheduled to work at wal-mart AND at the cleaning company?
Niswender was supposed to work at a cleaning account for her stepfather that morning, according to statements to police.
It is not clear who made those statements to police.

So she was scheduled to work at wal-mart AND at the cleaning company?

It is not clear who made those statements to police.

All along we believed she was scheduled to work at Walmart, we never heard about a cleaning job until this week. We don't know who gave a statement to police about the cleaning work, as far as I can tell. I can only assume LE checked with the "employer/stepfather" to confirm, and nothing we have seen to this point conflicts with the statement that she was to do a cleaning job.

All along we believed she was scheduled to work at Walmart, we never heard about a cleaning job until this week. We don't know who gave a statement to police about the cleaning work, as far as I can tell. I can only assume LE checked with the "employer/stepfather" to confirm, and nothing we have seen to this point conflicts with the statement that she was to do a cleaning job.
We all assumed her missing work meant Walmart but in light of this information maybe it was the cleaning job.

Wouldn't you think a 1) no show for work coupled with 2) several attempts to reach her by phone, 3) car never moved, 4) Alarm going off SOMEONE would have checked into this sooner than Tuesday evening?!

I have an adult son, who lives on his own and I can tell you if he was to be somewhere that I arranged and I couldn't reach him I would have been all kinds of over that...on that Monday.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps this sort of thing was not uncommon occurrence for Julia, but there has been nothing reported to suggest that. She seemed, based on all accounts, a responsible and conscientious young woman. IMO

We all assumed her missing work meant Walmart but in light of this information maybe it was the cleaning job.

Wouldn't you think a 1) no show for work coupled with 2) several attempts to reach her by phone, 3) car never moved, 4) Alarm going off SOMEONE would have checked into this sooner than Tuesday evening?!

I have an adult son, who lives on his own and I can tell you if he was to be somewhere that I arranged and I couldn't reach him I would have been all kinds of over that...on that Monday.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps this sort of thing was not uncommon occurrence for Julia, but there has been nothing reported to suggest that. She seemed, based on all accounts, a responsible and conscientious young woman. IMO

Kim received a phone call from a friend that Julia did not show up at work and at the party. I presume that this friend does not work in the cleaning company, but at Wal-Mart.

Kim received a phone call from a friend that Julia did not show up at work and at the party. I presume that this friend does not work in the cleaning company, but at Wal-Mart.
Good point...it all seems so convoluted. Not sure if it's the reporting, LE documents or what actually is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth