MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that Peninsular Place is getting worse as time passes......... I wonder what effect all of these crimes have had on their business?

Hi Trojan1966,
So sorry for your heartache, I m not sure if you have heard of me or of the meeting I had with KT & JN early on. (modsnip)

Yes, it's eerie in indeed. I think someone could have been stalking Julia's social media. Julia shared stuff about her everyday life on social media. She was a digital media and journalism major at EMU, and was self described as outgoing. I think the post with the Fifty Shades of Freed on Dec. 9th was to show friends what she'd been reading or that she'd finished the series. Julia liked to share pictures as communication with a large group of people that extended beyond her family and closest friends. She seems to have a lot of friends from EMU mostly. I think she enjoyed popularity among her peers at college. It appears as though she was quite close with her roommate AG. Julia and AG had spent time making christmas decorations just the weekend before and AG describes Julia as a best friend. KM, their other roommate seemed to be staying away from the apartment mostly around this time, it's been reported she was staying with her boyfriend.
I don't know anything about "Fifty Shades of Freed" (yes I do know about Fifty shades of gray), maybe it was a texting typo, F and G are near each other, maybe it was supposed to be Fifty shades of Greed"? Just a thought

I don't know anything about "Fifty Shades of Freed" (yes I do know about Fifty shades of gray), maybe it was a texting typo, F and G are near each other, maybe it was supposed to be Fifty shades of Greed"? Just a thought

Fifty Shades Freed is the third and final installment of the erotic romance Fifty Shades Trilogy by British author E. L. James.

I haven't posted in quite a while as there is not any real "news" from anyone or LE as of today. I have noticed that some members no longer seem interested in helping solve this case since JT was found not guilty of *advertiser censored*! I believe their only motive or reason for being on this site was merely trying to protect JT from being talked about or they were actually members of his family. I have continued to dig into lots of things and various "leads" that have been suggested but sadly the results have not been good. I will continue to try to help have Justice for Julia until this murder has been solved. Again, I am extremely disappointed in the lack of on-going cooperation of Julia's immediate family. Why haven't they been "pounding" on the desk of LE to get this solved? As far as I know, they have not been regularly calling or talking to LE to ascertain the progress being made in Julie's case.They really don't seem to be overly concerned about having justice done.

Glad to see you post! I still check this thread daily and I will continue praying for Justice for Julia!

Still here and checking all the time for any new updates. Good to see you, Trojan.

I will continue to "check-in" from time to time and if there is any "new" information, I will post it as soon as I can. Needless to say, after almost 3 and a half years, I am becoming somewhat frustrated with the seemingly lack of progress of LE. I hope I'm wrong and maybe there's lots of progress being made in the background and one day the complete truth will be available. I miss Julia each and every day and I miss the fact that I can no longer see her or talk to her. She will always be in my heart until the day I die. "Justice for Julia" is what we want!

If you have the time, Trojan, just look around at some of the cases here. There are "older" crimes being solved frequently. Five, ten, even fifteen years and beyond. I truly believe that one day we will have justice for Julia!

We ARE going to have justice for Julia. Just a gut feeling, really, but I do believe it is true.

I guess that one of my biggest "disappointments" is that my daughter, Kim Turnquist, and her immediate family does not seem (to me anyway) to be overly concerned about solving Julia's murder. I know that she and her family loved Julia with all their hearts but their lack of 100% cooperation with LE is beyond me. Why aren't they calling or visiting LE regularly to see what has been happening on this case? How much "progress" is being made? I know that I'm probably being overly concerned and that they really are deeply concerned about solving this but their "efforts" seem to leave much to be desired. I have never accused JT of this crime but I honestly believe that he could very easily provide some valuable information to LE. It is because of his seemingly lack of constant cooperation that has caused me to lose much respect for him. He claims that he loved her but yet he does not mind LE labeling him as a POI. Why can't he take his lawyer with him to talk to LE as this happens in many other cases? Why would JT want to have that label as a POI? In his mind, is this a "game" between him and LE? Did something happen years ago when he was a "special" deputy for the Monroe County Sheriff that has caused him to not like LE? Maybe he didn't get offered a full time position or was asked to leave the department? I'll never know but strongly believe that something happened back then. I do know that he got along well with my son, Jeff, before he died. Jeff's death was very hard on JT as Jeff was one of his closest friends. There's much, much more to the "big" picture and lots that I probably don't know about or haven't seen, so all I can do is pray each and every day that someday Justice for Julia will be found. I also pray each and every day that the division with our family will be resolved but as time goes on, I have doubts if that will ever happen. It is extremely hard for a father and a grandfather to be told that as far as they are concerned - I might as well be dead. I love them all with all my heart and will go to my grave with that feeling.
Well, got to go. I sure did go on and on about my feelings. Seldom do my wife and I get a good night's rest without thinking of Julia or waking up in the morning and Julia is on our minds. One day, this will be solved. I just hope I'm around to see the results!

I am so sorry, Trojan. I can put myself in your shoes and know that my feelings would likely be much the same as yours. :hug:

Trojan, I still pop in from time to time to check on this thread and a few others. Hoping one day to see a "Arrest Made!" in bold for this topic. Until then, I'll keep looking, searching, thinking and hoping.

My broken heart to yours.

(modsnip) defend JT and his character until the possession of child *advertiser censored* case was over. Also, now that the case is over, what are the reasons for JT and his family not being fully cooperative with LE? Common sense would dictate that anyone who truly loved and cared about Julia would do anything and everything to help solve her murder. LE has expressed to me that the immediate family does not call regularly to get any “updates” or to voluntarily provide any information or to answer any questions LE may have. This just does not sit well with me or many other family members including some of Julia’s close friends. Can someone please explain to me in a reasonable explanation as to why they are behaving this way? As you know, I am Julia and Jennifer’s grandfather and Kim’s father. Currently, they (Kim & Jennifer) have told me as far as they are concerned; “I might as well be dead”. This feeling has also been expressed by Madison, my youngest granddaughter in their family. This comment was very hurtful and really stabs me in the heart. Kim is my daughter and was raised (so I thought) to respect her parents and be respectful to all people. Jennifer was raised as a “daughter” until she was 10 years old by me and my ex-wife. Now, neither one will even talk to me even though I have never personally stated that JT was guilty of anything. I raised all of them with nothing but love and respect, now it seems they have forgotten all that happened in the past. Again, my goal is Justice for Julia – I want this murder solved and hopefully someone to be held accountable. Will it help? I’m not sure but it may provide some “closure” in my life. Right now, solving this murder is constantly on my mind, day in and day out. As Julia’s family requested earlier in their TV interviews – “Anyone that has any information about this crime should come forward and talk to the detectives”. If only they would follow their own advice and requests, it may provide more information to help solve this terrible crime.
I just tried to reiterate my personal thoughts and feeling about what all has transpired concerning this case. I miss Julia each and every day that goes by. I welcome any and all comments. Thanks for listening.

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be some fellow “sleuthers” who have been “missing” lately from this thread? The two who come to my mind are namely MIMOMMY (a verified insider!) and DazednConfuzed09, where are they? What have they been up to? It seems to me that their entire purpose of posting on this site was merely to defend Jim Turnquist. In reality, they did not post anything to assist or possibly help solve the crime of the murder of Julia. All they wanted to do is to try to defend JT and his character until the possession of child *advertiser censored* case was over. Also, now that the case is over, what are the reasons for JT and his family not being fully cooperative with LE? Common sense would dictate that anyone who truly loved and cared about Julia would do anything and everything to help solve her murder. LE has expressed to me that the immediate family does not call regularly to get any “updates” or to voluntarily provide any information or to answer any questions LE may have. This just does not sit well with me or many other family members including some of Julia’s close friends. Can someone please explain to me in a reasonable explanation as to why they are behaving this way? As you know, I am Julia and Jennifer’s grandfather and Kim’s father. Currently, they (Kim & Jennifer) have told me as far as they are concerned; “I might as well be dead”. This feeling has also been expressed by Madison, my youngest granddaughter in their family. This comment was very hurtful and really stabs me in the heart. Kim is my daughter and was raised (so I thought) to respect her parents and be respectful to all people. Jennifer was raised as a “daughter” until she was 10 years old by me and my ex-wife. Now, neither one will even talk to me even though I have never personally stated that JT was guilty of anything. I raised all of them with nothing but love and respect, now it seems they have forgotten all that happened in the past. Again, my goal is Justice for Julia – I want this murder solved and hopefully someone to be held accountable. Will it help? I’m not sure but it may provide some “closure” in my life. Right now, solving this murder is constantly on my mind, day in and day out. As Julia’s family requested earlier in their TV interviews – “Anyone that has any information about this crime should come forward and talk to the detectives”. If only they would follow their own advice and requests, it may provide more information to help solve this terrible crime.
I just tried to reiterate my personal thoughts and feeling about what all has transpired concerning this case. I miss Julia each and every day that goes by. I welcome any and all comments. Thanks for listening.

I also noticed the lack of participation (modsnip). This crime is so perplexing and just so awful. I am so sorry that Julia's family hasn't received justice, and that so many of those who supposedly loved Julia in life have been so passive. I hope that the Ypsi police have more going on behind the scenes than is evident, and that EMU administration is jumping up and down yelling and screaming about an unsolved murder of one of their students, but sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. I would like to think that if I were murdered that no one who cared about me, including family members, administrators in the school in which I was enrolled and my professors, would rest until the crime was solved. So, so sad.

Trojan, you will be in my thoughts and prayers...I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope that you and your family will be able to find a way to communicate even though there may be disagreements. Hang in there...Justice for Julia!

It has been quiet overall on this thread. Remember that before JT's arrest, Ypsilanti police made a statement that they ran out of leads. The child *advertiser censored* trial was a distraction, but now that has finished we are back at the same point. So again, Ypsilanti police has run out of leads. There has been no news for quite some time.
But people have not forgotten about Julia. Every now and then I think of something else to check out, and I will keep doing that.

I think we should not question the motives of members on websleuths, or the family of the victim.

Trojan, did you speak to Ypsilanti police any time recently? If so, what do they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat