MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trojan, I feel your pain and sadness immensely. Many of us are still working "behind the scenes", trying to find any piece of evidence or information that might be helpful in solving this case. My heart just breaks over your loss, not just of Julia but also for the distancing of your family. Believe me, I do understand how much that hurts. (((hug)))

It has been quiet overall on this thread. Remember that before JT's arrest, Ypsilanti police made a statement that they ran out of leads. The child *advertiser censored* trial was a distraction, but now that has finished we are back at the same point. So again, Ypsilanti police has run out of leads. There has been no news for quite some time.
But people have not forgotten about Julia. Every now and then I think of something else to check out, and I will keep doing that.

I think we should not question the motives of members on websleuths, or the family of the victim.

Trojan, did you speak to Ypsilanti police any time recently? If so, what do they say?

I'm not sure where you are getting your information........ I have not read of any statement from LE that they are "out of leads". I maintain periodic contact with LE and have never had them tell me that. My last conversation with them was less than two weeks ago. Please provide a reference for your statement.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information........ I have not read of any statement from LE that they are "out of leads". I maintain periodic contact with LE and have never had them tell me that. My last conversation with them was less than two weeks ago. Please provide a reference for your statement.

Despite almost two years having passed, no one has been arrested and police say they've exhausted nearly all their leads.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/post_21.html

Of course, shortly after, police got a lead when they found suspicious images on JT's computer. They pursued it and it ended in a trial and a "not guilty" verdict. To me it seems to have come to a dead end. That's all I know.

When you spoke to LE, what did they tell you? Are there any new leads?

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/07/post_21.html

Of course, shortly after, police got a lead when they found suspicious images on JT's computer. They pursued it and it ended in a trial and a "not guilty" verdict. To me it seems to have come to a dead end. That's all I know.

When you spoke to LE, what did they tell you? Are there any new leads?

Your reference is dated from July 2014. Since then, there is a new lead detective who has been assign to Julia's case. She has been quite thorough and will readily look at anything brought up to her. Since you live so close, if you have some information or leads, please feel free to contact her. The Ypsilanti Police Department is easy to find.

<modsnip> We need to help solve Julia's murder and that should be the true objective. I do talk to the detectives and if there is something to share (that they tell me it is OK to share), then I will post it. This continues to be an on-going investigation and it is not a cold case. They have had some new information that they must follow-up on before they can release any information. Lots of what has been happening is kept very private by LE and I fully understand that. I get the feeling that they are getting "close" and I hope I'm right. I'm beginning to think that it would be nice for JT, KT and JN to finally talk to LE but that LE really does not need them to talk. I'm sure it would be a help if they did but it may not be completely necessary. Also anything they have said in the past to LE, if it is found to be false then they may be in "trouble" as far as lying or obstructing an investigation. All of this is JMO. Justice for Julia is what I want!

It has been quiet overall on this thread. Remember that before JT's arrest, Ypsilanti police made a statement that they ran out of leads. The child *advertiser censored* trial was a distraction, but now that has finished we are back at the same point. So again, Ypsilanti police has run out of leads. There has been no news for quite some time.
But people have not forgotten about Julia. Every now and then I think of something else to check out, and I will keep doing that.

I think we should not question the motives of members on websleuths, or the family of the victim.

Trojan, did you speak to Ypsilanti police any time recently? If so, what do they say?

BS I don't recall Ypsi LE stating they have run out of leads. Can you point me to the article / quote that states this? I really hope they are still working on Julia's case and that the lack of any news isn't related to this case becoming a cold case.

TIA

ETA: Nevermind, asked and answered.

BS I don't recall Ypsi LE stating they have run out of leads. Can you point me to the article / quote that states this? I really hope they are still working on Julia's case and that the lack of any news isn't related to this case becoming a cold case.

TIA

ETA: Nevermind, asked and answered.

I noticed the Carlie Trent authorities were constantly updating people every day. I wish someone would keep Chelsea and Jennifer's case in front of the public more. You never know when someone listening might remember something and new info could be uncovered.

I noticed the Carlie Trent authorities were constantly updating people every day. I wish someone would keep Chelsea and Jennifer's case in front of the public more. You never know when someone listening might remember something and new info could be uncovered.

Hi BessDrew - Well, it is hard to get any "updates" when the immediate family does not bother to inquire the detectives concerning any progress in the case. Julia's mom and twin sister have not contacted LE in quite sometime. There were "verified insiders" on this site that posted in the past, but very little from them since the JT child *advertiser censored* trial found him not guilty. In the past, they gave the impression that they see or talk to the immediate family on a regular basis but we have not heard from them lately. Me personally, I talk to LE every two or three weeks but if I get any information, I will not release it to this site. I firmly believe any updates will be the immediate family's responsibility. If they are truly concerned, then they will say something and will post it. Suffice to say that this is still an "active" investigation and all leads are being processed. I have done extensive research of the science of forensics and it is advancing in leaps and bounds. Sooner or later, something will turn up and help solve this terrible murder that took my granddaughter away from the world.I hope and pray for resolution each and every night. Justice for Julia is all I want.

I just watched the Dateline episode covering the Carrie Olson murder. When LE eventually found her body, the autopsy revealed no cause of death and no obvious signs of trauma.

At the trial, one of the defendants ex partners testified that she woke up suddenly with the defendant sitting on her chest and blocking her airways. She couldn't breath and obviously freaked right out. She left him after this event.

The Prosecutor put it to the judge that this was likely the method the defendant used to murder Carrie. The term for this method is called 'Burking' after the Burke and Hare murders well over a century ago.

I immediately thought of Julia when watching this show.

Locals, what are you hearing about this case? I'm sure alot of the students have graduated and moved on by now. I haven't seen any mention of this case online in quite awhile. Is the community still involved in helping find Julia's murderer(s)?

There isn't much of Anything ever discussed on the news or in papers unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen or heard anything at all. I wondered if the family is still funding the scholarship in Julia's name, and who received it this year (if it still available).

There isn't much of Anything ever discussed on the news or in papers unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very unfortunate, and baffling. I suppose the university would prefer everyone forget, as it could potentially effect enrollment. I certainly wouldn't want to send my daughter to a school or live in an apartment attached to the school where a co-ed had been murdered. I wouldn't, but that's me. I find it very curious that the papers aren't following this case, and I find it even stranger that any and all actions to find her killer seem to silent.

What happened to the local family? Are they routinely talking to the press to keep this in the public eye? Are they doing fund raisers or similar activities to increase the reward?
I'm not in the area, but I'm sure they must be doing all sorts of stuff that the press just isn't reporting. Locals, do you know? The silence on this case is just strange.

Hi All, It seems to me that Julia's immediate family has decided to stay out of the limelight since JT's child *advertiser censored* trial. They have moved from Monroe to a location just north of Detroit. Eventough JT was found not guilty, evidently the public perception was having an effect on the entire family. They do not periodically call the detectives to check on the status of the investigation, or talk to LE to possibly answer questions or to provide any information whatsoever. Since their initial interviews (Dec 2012-Feb 2013), KT and Julia's twin have gone to Ypsi to determine if clothing found in the river belonged to Julia. It did not. Their behavior is very counterproductive. They have not had any fund raisers to increase the reward that I know of. The scholarship at EMU continues as it is an endowment and should continue indefinitely. I know it was awarded but I'm not sure who the latest student was. As usual, I will continue to "investigate" on my own and periodically talk to LE. So far, nothing really substantial has been discovered but if and when an update is done, the Ypsi Police will release a statement. It is still an active investigation.

It is truly disheartening that Julia's murder, as well as that of Chelsea Bruck, has not been resolved. These families deserve to know what happened to their loved ones, and whoever was responsible needs to be tried and punished for their crimes. So far, in both cases, someone has gotten away with murder. This should be unacceptable to the families of Julia and Chelsea and the communities that have been affected by their deaths. I hope and pray that there will eventually be arrests and charges filed in both cases.

One down and one to go! I'm very happy the Bruck family can now think about starting to heal!! It's time for an arrest in Julia's case too! Her family deserves answers too! I sure hope that Ypsi has been holding back some evidence/info that will guarantee a long prison sentence too!

It is truly disheartening that Julia's murder, as well as that of Chelsea Bruck, has not been resolved. These families deserve to know what happened to their loved ones, and whoever was responsible needs to be tried and punished for their crimes. So far, in both cases, someone has gotten away with murder. This should be unacceptable to the families of Julia and Chelsea and the communities that have been affected by their deaths. I hope and pray that there will eventually be arrests and charges filed in both cases.

Well, you got half of your wish, Bette. Now we just need Juila's case to be solved. I think of Julia often and hate that it has been so long with no answers.

Does anyone know if Julia or Jennifer had any connection or acquittance with the alleged Perp in the Bruck case?

AS far as I know, there was no connection between DC and Jennifer or Julia. I'll continue to check but for now, that's my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat