MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Spellbound...........

The date she had lunch with her sisters was on Sunday, December 9, 2012. I think she did talk to her sister after 5PM on that Sunday. No one heard from her or received any texts or message on December 10th (Monday). Her body was found about 9 or 9:30 PM Tuesday December 11, 2012. Everything seems to point to the early morning (midnight to 4AM) on that Monday (Dec 10th) as to the time of death. I have a copy of the Death Certificate and it says for "Date of Death" - on or after December 09, 2012. Then for the "Actual or Presumed Time of Death" - Unknown.
I hope this helps.

thank you for the correction ... I hve alerted to ask a mod to correct my post. I should hsve rralied I was wrong, because I knoew it was not the night before the discovery. Smack myself with that stinky trout :trout:

glad you were able to stop by, Trojan.

Ok, i reffered You all as a public cause we are all here for the same cause to find the murderer. Thank You all. Time of death: unknown? That's strange since our technology is so advanced so it makes it harder or a guess game when she died. But let's all presume it was in the middle of the night where everyone is sleeping, makes sense. But it makes sense in a point where other people there are sleeping and less risk to be found by noise. No force entry...hmm. So she knew him and let him in and was a surprise attack, or he waited for her followed her to the door and attacked her so there won't be no force entry evidence, but doesn't add up for everything else he left(latex gloves and his dna(possibly)). It could go both ways.. The rug could be interesting or not, let's say they recovered it , but why did it dissapear? What is interesting is that the murderer maybe thought he mistaken and left something important on the rug which is not visible to the eye. And if he did how did he knew the items recovered will be in the family storage, i am insinuating that he stole the rug from the family storage but how did he know? The pillow case, how sure are the police it is stolen or taken? Was Julia a lover of zebras?
Were there any witnesses, heard something that happened below them? Is the window to Julia's apartment reachable , i looked over the posts and saw someone said that apartment was in the lowest part of the building?
Was she a friend of someone who recovered from leukemia?
I am sorry trojan for asking this , i just need confirmation from a realiable source so I can help, she was raped before death?
I know I am asking too many questions but the answers can bring us justice. Thank You all for responding so far.

For sherlock221b
Julia's apartment was on the first floor. All windows are low enough for access from the outside. It was cold and winter there, thus all windows were closed and lock according to the police. If you will read all the previous posts - some a few years ago, you'll get most of the information to your questions. This is a large "modern" apartment building that is rectangular and has an "open" court yard. The building has three stories and probably has over 300 occupants or more. You can see some details from the web site for Peninsular Place in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
I have no idea if one of her friends had recovered from leukemia. The pillow case was "missing". She had been raped. Julia love the zebra patterns in material such as curtains, bed spreads, etc. The purple rug from the bathroom continues to be a mistery to everyone.
Thanks for trying to help.

Ok, i reffered You all as a public cause we are all here for the same cause to find the murderer. Thank You all. Time of death: unknown? That's strange since our technology is so advanced so it makes it harder or a guess game when she died. But let's all presume it was in the middle of the night where everyone is sleeping, makes sense. But it makes sense in a point where other people there are sleeping and less risk to be found by noise. No force entry...hmm. So she knew him and let him in and was a surprise attack, or he waited for her followed her to the door and attacked her so there won't be no force entry evidence, but doesn't add up for everything else he left(latex gloves and his dna(possibly)). It could go both ways.. The rug could be interesting or not, let's say they recovered it , but why did it dissapear? What is interesting is that the murderer maybe thought he mistaken and left something important on the rug which is not visible to the eye. And if he did how did he knew the items recovered will be in the family storage, i am insinuating that he stole the rug from the family storage but how did he know? The pillow case, how sure are the police it is stolen or taken? Was Julia a lover of zebras?
Were there any witnesses, heard something that happened below them? Is the window to Julia's apartment reachable , i looked over the posts and saw someone said that apartment was in the lowest part of the building?
Was she a friend of someone who recovered from leukemia?
I am sorry trojan for asking this , i just need confirmation from a realiable source so I can help, she was raped before death?
I know I am asking too many questions but the answers can bring us justice. Thank You all for responding so far.

Why do you ask about a friend with leukemia? That is an interesting question.

Ok it is pretty clear to me now of who the murderer be. The information I am about to give are around 75% certain. The killer had a vasectomy and a bone marrow transplant, he should be around 185cm tall and a strong firm body, which could say he had a military training or body training in the gym. He should be around 35 or over 35 years old. The pillow case zebra striped is taken as a trophy and he took this item because he was aware of Julia's zebra striped stuff "addiction" so he could remind himself of her, why i keep pointing out the zebra stuff, because i saw on her instagram a photo of her holding a zebra striped gift in a shape of a flower, she got it from a coworker from where she worked, i would investigate into that , did you recover that item or is it missing which shouldnt surprise me. It could be his first kill or possibly second since he was sloppy and fairly organized. He was known to Julia.
He is right handed. The size of his boots should be around 44 EU size number. Share this information to the police , make them check the medical records of a person that i have described. I asked about leukemia cause that is the most common case of bone marrow transplant. He was aware that his vasectomy fluid is untracable in sense of dna, but i dont think he was aware of the 2 dna that he has, the one more sugestion is to find the donor and if it matches the dna on the gloves you can also find him. Let there be justice. Listen to me trojan and proceed this info to the police. All the best, please inform me if i was right, i want to know that he is behind bars. Take care.

Ok it is pretty clear to me now of who the murderer be. The information I am about to give are around 75% certain. The killer had a vasectomy and a bone marrow transplant, he should be around 185cm tall and a strong firm body, which could say he had a military training or body training in the gym. He should be around 35 or over 35 years old. The pillow case zebra striped is taken as a trophy and he took this item because he was aware of Julia's zebra striped stuff "addiction" so he could remind himself of her, why i keep pointing out the zebra stuff, because i saw on her instagram a photo of her holding a zebra striped gift in a shape of a flower, she got it from a coworker from where she worked, i would investigate into that , did you recover that item or is it missing which shouldnt surprise me. It could be his first kill or possibly second since he was sloppy and fairly organized. He was known to Julia.
He is right handed. The size of his boots should be around 44 EU size number. Share this information to the police , make them check the medical records of a person that i have described. I asked about leukemia cause that is the most common case of bone marrow transplant. He was aware that his vasectomy fluid is untracable in sense of dna, but i dont think he was aware of the 2 dna that he has, the one more sugestion is to find the donor and if it matches the dna on the gloves you can also find him. Let there be justice. Listen to me trojan and proceed this info to the police. All the best, please inform me if i was right, i want to know that he is behind bars. Take care.
Is there evidence that Julia was murdered by someone who had had a bone marrow transplant, or do you have a specific suspect in mind who you happen to know has had a bone marrow transplant?

Is there evidence that Julia was murdered by someone who had had a bone marrow transplant, or do you have a specific suspect in mind who you happen to know has had a bone marrow transplant?

I think Sherlock has deduced the person is likely to be a male, who has had a vasectomy and also had a bone marrow transplant.

I would so love him or her to be correct and provide LE with new paths to investigate.

I think Sherlock has deduced the person is likely to be a male, who has had a vasectomy and also had a bone marrow transplant.

I would so love him or her to be correct and provide LE with new paths to investigate.

I believe Sherlock is suspecting a bone marrow transplant because of the two DNA’s found in the gloves. When a person has a bone marrow transplant, they carry extra donor DNA. Most people are unaware that they would have a second DNA profile from a bone marrow donor.

I believe Sherlock is suspecting a bone marrow transplant because of the two DNA’s found in the gloves. When a person has a bone marrow transplant, they carry extra donor DNA. Most people are unaware that they would have a second DNA profile from a bone marrow donor.

Fascinating!

Thanks for clarifying. I had never heard of that before. Bone marrow produces blood cells, right? Were there droplets of blood in the glove? My understanding of biology is weak, but I don't think someone who had received a bone marrow transplant would carry a second DNA profile in skin cells, for instance.

I did a google search or “how is DNA affected by a bone marrow transplant” and his comes up on the search page. I haven’t read further yet. But it sounds as though the donor;s DNA would oniy show up fo a temporary period of time.

GOOGLE SEARCH “how is DNA affected by a bone marrow transplant”

After the treatments, stem cells are transplanted intravenously in a process called hematopoietic [blood making] stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Since blood cells are produced in the bone marrow, the blood of a recipient of an allogenic bone marrow transplant will have the donor's DNA.Apr 3, 2014

During a Transplant Does the Donor's DNA Integrate Into the ...

Gizmodo › during-a-transplant-does-the-...

PEOPLE ALSO ASK

Can a bone marrow transplant change your DNA?

Because the new bone marrow cells have the donor's DNA. ... Our blood cells need to be replaced constantly (this is why a blood transfusion only temporarily changes the DNA profile of our blood). What this means in a bone marrow transplant patient is that his or her blood comes from the donor's stem cells.Feb 9, 2007

People who have received bone marrow transplants are actually ...

The Tech Museum › genetics › ask208

omg ... just read the above message about chimera DNA. Here;s another article about it and how “... the DNA in their blood is different than the DNA in the rest of their cells.”

VERY FASCINATING!
http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask208
In theory, this could complicate a criminal investigation. In fact, there is at least one case where it did. Before going into that, though, let's go a bit more into how DNA testing and bone marrow transplants work.

and according to this one, if you have had a bone marrow transplant, they can’t do an ancestory analysis:
https://customercare.23andme.com/hc...n-I-use-the-23andMe-Personal-Genetic-Service-
[FONT=&amp]If you have received a bone marrow transplant, we cannot recommend that you use the 23andMe® Personal Genetic Service (Ancestry Service or Health & Ancestry Service).[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The saliva sample required to receive the 23andMe Personal Genetic Service includes DNA from multiple cell sources, including epithelial cells from your cheeks and mouth and white blood cells from your saliva. As a bone marrow recipient, your blood cells will contain the DNA from your marrow donor, while your epithelial cells contain your own DNA. The combination of DNA sources frequently results in analysis failure. In the event that the analysis was successful, it still would be unclear whether the results were based on DNA from you or from your donor.[/FONT]

Well the profile certainly sounded familiar....

I am finding this discussion to be exciting. It may or may not pertain, but is certainty worth looking into further.

Thanks for the new info, Sherlock!

Thanks for clarifying. I had never heard of that before. Bone marrow produces blood cells, right? Were there droplets of blood in the glove? My understanding of biology is weak, but I don't think someone who had received a bone marrow transplant would carry a second DNA profile in skin cells, for instance.

I am not certain that the public was ever told what type of dna was found in the gloves, I.e. blood, skin cells, etc. Here is a little clearer explanation of how a bone marrow transplant affects a recipient’s DNA. It’s A fascinating perspective on the reasoning for two dna samples being obtained from the gloves, IMO

http://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask208

Then there is this one.... It could even be our perp was a fraternal twin and the other baby died in utero

November 2016
http://www.thisisinsider.com/what-is-a-human-chimera-and-how-does-it-happen-2017-11

• People that have two different sets of DNA are called human chimeras.
  • It can happen when a woman is pregnant with fraternal twins and one embryo dies very early on. The other embryo can "absorb" its twin's cells.
  • It can also happen after a bone marrow transplant, and (in a smaller scale) during normal pregnancy

Bone marrow is the tissue inside our bones that's responsible for making white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. In bone marrow transplants, doctor uses chemotherapy or radiation to destroy all the recipient's diseased bone marrow, then a donor's healthy marrow is put in its place.
The donor's bone marrow will keep on making blood cells that have the donor's DNA, according to a Scientific American report. That's how the recipient becomes a chimera.
In "complete chimerism," 100% of the recipient's blood cells have the donor's DNA, a paper in the journal Nature explained. But the blood can also contain a mix of DNA from both the donor and the recipient — that's called "mixed chimerism."
This type of chimera has inspired one some interesting storylines in pop culture, Motherboard reports. The 2015 film "Bad Blood" is all about a cancer-patient-turned-serial-killer using the DNA in his blood to implicate his bone marrow donor.

I am finding this discussion to be exciting. It may or may not pertain, but is certainty worth looking into further.

Thanks for the new info, Sherlock!
I agree that it's informative. The DNA on the gloves could be a red herring, though:
"The FBI behavioral analysts believe the rubber gloves were intentionally left at the scene to mislead investigators and said that they had seen that numerous times before in their training and experience."
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...sectomy-fbi-profiler-points-stepdad/71507420/

I agree that it's informative. The DNA on the gloves could be a red herring, though:
"The FBI behavioral analysts believe the rubber gloves were intentionally left at the scene to mislead investigators and said that they had seen that numerous times before in their training and experience."
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...sectomy-fbi-profiler-points-stepdad/71507420/

Or... The killer is overconfident and leaves the latex gloves with dna knowing he won't be found cause he hates the police and thing they are stupid? Proving with it that they are if they didn't consider it in the first place! Killers like this adore attention. They feed on it. It won't be long untill he kills again. Nice articles you have found about dna chimeras Spellbound, but i still would like to go with bone marrow transplant, gives us a better chance of finding him.

Oh! And by the way, if it was a chimera dna then the two dna found would be related! Like if they found my dna and check if i am related to my brother, the results would be that we are! So a dna chimera is easy to eliminate and easy to confirm! Spellbound good job!

Oh! And by the way, if it was a chimera dna then the two dna found would be related! Like if they found my dna and check if i am related to my brother, the results would be that we are! So a dna chimera is easy to eliminate and easy to confirm! Spellbound good job!

Excellent deduction! Thanks for the nice compliment, but it all started with your first post,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23