MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be really interested to know if in the twin's communication throughout that day/night she mentioned her roommates being out for the night. JN then could have mentioned that to JT in passing and might not even remember

Two more things, sorry, I just read through this case the past couple of days for the first time.

1- are we SURE they were not able to get any DNA from the semen?

2- why did LE and family say there was no sexual assault yet she was almost completely nude and semen was found?

Two more things, sorry, I just read through this case the past couple of days for the first time.

2- why did LE and family say there was no sexual assault yet she was almost completely nude and semen was found?

This is the most comprehensive summary I could find with answers to some of your questions, but not all. I suspect we won't know specifics until trial:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...sectomy-fbi-profiler-points-stepdad/71507420/

LE never stated that they got DNA from the semen, nor did they ever state (as far as I can recall) that they tested the semen for DNA. I would think and hope they at least tried. So I think the answer is no, we are not sure. This is information that the police doesn't necessarily want to share with the public.
[/quote]
I don't recall LE and/or the family saying this. Where did you see/hear/read this? Initially the family may not have known such details, and LE perhaps did not want to reveal such details.

The article Roses posted says:

Other samples taken from the body were determined to be male DNA and tested positive for seminal fluid. A lab scientist from the MSP Crime Lab stated in 2014 that the swabs collected from her body indicated the suspect "is consistent with a male who had a vasectomy.

Until the LE releases more information about having blood type or possible DNA other than male, people are just going to keep persecuting this man. I just keep thinking how Julia was with roommates that are with people she's never met, going to a college with new people there all the time, new people at the place she works, going out to functions... She had tons of people who loved her and showed it Far Cry from step daddy issues. And I'm sure her sister would have noticed a little change in her behavior if she felt funny about her stepdad. How come people keep going after the father like he is the only one that's ever had a vasectomy. Smh.
38 years old is the median age for getting a vasectomy. 29% of men who get a vasectomy are younger than 35. The median age varies by state. Men getting vasectomies in Washington D.C. and New Jersey are older than average (40 years old); men in Wyoming are younger (35 years old).Nov 10, 2016

Until the LE releases more information about having blood type or possible DNA other than male, people are just going to keep persecuting this man. I just keep thinking how Julia was with roommates that are with people she's never met, going to a college with new people there all the time, new people at the place she works, going out to functions... She had tons of people who loved her and showed it Far Cry from step daddy issues. And I'm sure her sister would have noticed a little change in her behavior if she felt funny about her stepdad. How come people keep going after the father like he is the only one that's ever had a vasectomy. Smh.
38 years old is the median age for getting a vasectomy. 29% of men who get a vasectomy are younger than 35. The median age varies by state. Men getting vasectomies in Washington D.C. and New Jersey are older than average (40 years old); men in Wyoming are younger (35 years old).Nov 10, 2016

I agree it's important to explore all possibilities. You are right, Julia had a large group of friends and acquaintances. Nothing should be off the table, and should be explored.

I speculate the reason people keep anchoring on the step-dad is because court documents (in his possession of child *advertiser censored* trial where he was acquitted) revealed the FBI stated he would be their #1 suspect. Coming from the FBI that certainly does direct attention his way.
Regardless, forensics will solve this case, and with all the new DNA advances we can hope it will be soon.

Thanks to all who are sharing information as well as possible theories concerning this case. It has been so long that I believe this crime will be solved by forensics in the future. The scientific advancements are being made every day and new and improved tests are being developed. I can only hope and pray for Justice for Julia each and every day. It does no good to try to accuse anyone of this crime without firm evidence. Yes, JT has not given LE a formal statement which is why he is still a person of interest. Why hasn't he, I have no idea. Most parents who had a child murdered would do all they could to help LE. If there's nothing to hide, why not fully cooperate. If he truly loved her as a daughter, he should let his conscience be his guide. Why not go with his lawyer to LE and give them a statement?

My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

All gratitude goes to you Trojan, for you patience and resolve. Your continued contributions toward ways to pinpoint who did this to Julia as you consider every little thing, gives me great hope. Know you're not alone at all.

Yes, why aren't Trojan's family members on this WS site, seeking or fighting and helping LE to get the Justice that Julia deserves. Never give up hope Trojan, even if you stand alone in your family to seek justice for your beautiful granddaughter.

Fear not Dissmeguys. There have been major advancements in DNA forensic science in the past few months. Expect an arrest. The coward has been hiding in plain sight long enough.

And welcome! Glad to have you here!

Another cold case was recently solved by a lab in Virginia using DNA testing and some genealogy web sites to find possible family members. I sure hope our detectives have tried to use this lab for similar testing. Justice for Julia.

Here's some information for everyone.........
Check out GEDmatch using Google search or in Wikipedia.

GEDmatch is an open-source personal genomics database and genealogy website based in Lake Worth, Florida.[1] The website gained significant coverage in April 2018 after it was used by law enforcement to identify a suspect in the Golden State Killer case. Other law enforcement agencies started using GEDmatch, making it "the de facto DNA and genealogy database for all of law enforcement," according to The Atlantic's Sarah Zhang.

Received an interesting call from the detective for Julia's case. She informed me that I can't tell her anything about any "new" tests that she doesn't know about. She also stated that she will not ask or accept any "outside" assistance as she will solve this case. Evidently my recent emails made her mad. I'm a bit irritated by her answer but I will continue to do my own research. Justice for Julia is my main focus.

It is quite understandable to try to help the detective to find justice for Julia, but it seems that she took it as a personal insult.

In my humble opinion, after >5 1/2 years, some cold case team should look at this case. I suspect that the resources of the Ypsilanti police dedicated to this case is fairly minimal. It is probably only the lead detective who looks at it one in a while. I hope that some fresh eyes looking at the case might lead to new leads.

I think LE knows who the Perp is, and wants everyone to stand down and let them bring this to closure.

CDC: Half Of All Female Homicide Victims Are Killed By Intimate Partners

A good article to remind and keep us focused on the statistical probabilities surrounding Julia's murder. Something jumped out at me that I haven't explored before. The article states that 50% of female murder victims are killed by intimate partners. (We knew this). It also states that 10% of those 50% have had some notable act of violence perpetrated prior to the murder act.

Do we know if Julia ever had any previous incident where she was "roughed up" by anyone? This could have been someone from several years prior to her death that perhaps she reconnected with? I think it would be worthwhile to explore this possibility again; dig deeper. I'm sure the initial thinking would be that a young lady as seemingly self confident as Julia would never be pushed around or roughed up. This isn't so. This should be delved in to again, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases