MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow on the ground yet? Ha ha hahahahahahah hah hah hah. It's Michigan. There may not have been snow on the ground that day, but you can bet there was no "yet' in December :)

Indeed, one of the instagram shows snows around peninsular place.

Quickly re-reading the affidavit, I now think it's possible the gloves are a red herring. Julia's blood was found inside the glove. If the glove was used by a pert., it would seem blood would be on the outside of the glove. But how did the pert., with planting the blood inside, get the blood from Julia's tongue to the inside of the glove. Could Julia's tongue have been cut after death, to provide the blood for the planted glove?
I think Julia's injury to her tongue was likely during asphyxiation. Note Squirrel's found article.

I think Julia's injury to her tongue was likely during asphyxiation. Note Squirrel's found article.

Taking latex gloves off would them inside out. I am thinking of thin latex gloves that fit very tightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking latex gloves off would them inside out. I am thinking of thin latex gloves that fit very tightly.

That's a good point. So the blood was on the outside of the gloves, which were turned inside out. The blood was placed to appear as though it made direct contact with Julia, or could have made direct contact, if not planted.

So reading the affidavit again, Grandmother Rose and Julia's maternal Aunt Jody said Julia told them she was scheduled to clean Monday at 6:00 am. KT and JN (twin) said JT left the family home around 7:30 am Monday to probably pick up a co-worker and go to a clean job.

If Julia was going to the clean job alone Monday, wouldn't she need company cleaning supplies? The place being cleaned may have some supplies, but isn't it part of the service for the cleaning company to bring it's own supplies?

Speculation: Could JT have made arrangements with Julia to meet at the apartment Sunday night to drop off supplies or to show her how the vacuum works etc... And give more detailed instructions of what was to be cleaned? I could see JT doing this because businesses that hire professionals to clean expect a quality job and may have specific instructions for its vendors. JT may have done a demo in Julia's room to show how the client wanted the rugs vacuumed or something. JT would have manipulated the demo to get the key.

Could JT have grabbed the key to the main door when Julia wasn't looking and returned after 12:00pm? This way KT and JN (twin) may not have missed JT. Since it was a risk to be away from the family home. JT could've locked up at Julia's place returned to Monroe and went back to Ypsi. in the AM to tidy up.

KT did say she remembered getting up in the night to use the restroom, but JT might know KT's sleeping patterns better than she knows, and most people do fall asleep the first time for a good 4 to 4 1/2 hours, before waking, getting up, and then falling back to sleep.

Still this wouldn't explain the loud TV the roommate heard, stopping in on Sunday night, which may or may not be relevant to Julia's TOD. But it explains the phone call between JT and Julia on December 9th, keeps the family alibi intact, keeps Julia as the one sending all texts Sunday night. However, it doesn't explain why Julia (or someone) texting her roommate asking when she would be returning to the apartment. Maybe she was just curious to know if she would be entering the apartment late. Or Julia wanted to talk with her about something.

So reading the affidavit again, Grandmother Rose and Julia's maternal Aunt Jody said Julia told them she was scheduled to clean Monday at 6:00 am. KT and JN (twin) said JT left the family home around 7:30 am Monday to probably pick up a co-worker and go to a clean job.

If Julia was going to the clean job alone Monday, wouldn't she need company cleaning supplies? The place being cleaned may have some supplies, but isn't part of the service for the cleaning company to bring it's own supplies? Could JT have made arrangements with Julia to meet at the apartment Sunday night to drop off supplies or to show her how the vacuum works etc... And give more detailed instructions of what was to be cleaned?

Or..... if it was a regular customer, there may have been a storage room for their cleaning supplies. She would only need a key to the storage area. Perhaps she had the key, and the perp was looking for it in her apartment? Which makes me wonder if her car had been searched by LE for any possible missing items, too. She may have had the cleaning supplies and/or key already in her car.

Was this the first time she was to help with the cleaning company? It seems I recall she had helped before, but I am not clear on that.

Or..... if it was a regular customer, there may have been a storage room for their cleaning supplies. She would only need a key to the storage area. Perhaps she had the key, and the perp was looking for it in her apartment? Which makes me wonder if her car had been searched by LE for any possible missing items, too. She may have had the cleaning supplies and/or key already in her car.

Was this the first time she was to help with the cleaning company? It seems I recall she had helped before, but I am not clear on that.

Yes, a key to the storage area could have already been with Julia, in the apartment. Not sure if LE checked Julia's car for items missing and/or fingerprints. Someone ransacked her room looking for something and didn't take the laptop computer, ipod or anything else of real value. As far as we know, the items in Julia's purse were dumped on the bed, but Julia's id, credit cards (if any), money, etc.. were not taken. Something small and work related like a key would explain the frantic search.

If Julia was going to the clean job alone Monday, wouldn't she need company cleaning supplies? The place being cleaned may have some supplies, but isn't it part of the service for the cleaning company to bring it's own supplies?

Speculation: Could JT have made arrangements with Julia to meet at the apartment Sunday night to drop off supplies or to show her how the vacuum works etc... And give more detailed instructions of what was to be cleaned? I could see JT doing this because businesses that hire professionals to clean expect a quality job and may have specific instructions for its vendors. JT may have done a demo in Julia's room to show how the client wanted the rugs vacuumed or something. JT would have manipulated the demo to get the key.

Could JT have grabbed the key to the main door when Julia wasn't looking and returned after 12:00pm? This way KT and JN (twin) may not have missed JT. Since it was a risk to be away from the family home. JT could've locked up at Julia's place returned to Monroe and went back to Ypsi. in the AM to tidy up.

KT did say she remembered getting up in the night to use the restroom, but JT might know KT's sleeping patterns better than she knows, and most people do fall asleep the first time for a good 4 to 4 1/2 hours, before waking, getting up, and then falling back to sleep.

Still this wouldn't explain the loud TV the roommate heard, stopping in on Sunday night, which may or may not be relevant to Julia's TOD. But it explains the phone call between JT and Julia on December 9th, keeps the family alibi intact, keeps Julia as the one sending all texts Sunday night. However, it doesn't explain why Julia (or someone) texting her roommate asking when she would be returning to the apartment. Maybe she was just curious to know if she would be entering the apartment late. Or Julia wanted to talk with her about something.

It is probably not possible to reconcile all statements made to police. I don't think Julia would be working for JT without JT being there. Anyway in a recent interview Jenn stated that Julia was going to school and to Walmart that day, it didn't include working for JT.

Where did you learn about the content of the text to the roommate? I Have not read that anywhere.

It is probably not possible to reconcile all statements made to police. I don't think Julia would be working for JT without JT being there. Anyway in a recent interview Jenn stated that Julia was going to school and to Walmart that day, it didn't include working for JT.

Where did you learn about the content of the text to the roommate? I Have not read that anywhere.

Why do you think Julia would not have worked separately from JT when cleaning? If he had multiple accounts, it seems he could send his crews/employees anywhere and not be at all the sites himself.

Apparently the text to roommate was in the warrant, though I have not double-checked.

Niswender's roommate told police she last heard from her via text message the night of Dec. 9, 2012, according to the affidavit. The next day, the roommate heard Julia's alarm clock going off when she stopped in the apartment on her way to classes.
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/09/documents_detail_allegations_a.html

IIRC, there was a text to a friend JMcL wishing happy birthday at 8:30pm. A text to Jennifer that she was watching her favorite movie "mean girls" around 10-10:30pm,
and a text to roommate AG around 10:30pm (I don't know the content of that.)

Here's a list of the text sent from Julia's phone from you black_squrrel. Note the text to the roommate AG around 10:30pm. I do not know the contents of the text to the roommate. It was part of my speculation that Julia (or someone) may have text the roommate asking when they would return home, if she was the one sending the text from her phone. It's also been speculated that someone else could have sent the text(s). It was said somewhere that the text to the roommate was odd or suspicious in some way. If LE thinks the text to the roommate is suspicious in some way, questioning on when they would be returning home could have been it.

I wonder if LE obtained any useful information from the GPS tracker installed on JTs vehicle?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I wonder if LE obtained any useful information from the GPS tracker installed on JTs vehicle?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

What GPS tracking device? I believe JT had a GPS tracking device as an ankle bracelet but after the trial in Monroe, it was probably removed.

What GPS tracking device? I believe JT had a GPS tracking device as an ankle bracelet but after the trial in Monroe, it was probably removed.

GPS installation was mentioned in the warrant, Section WW. It doesn't specifically say on his vehicle, but where else would it go? And was the request granted?

GPS installation was mentioned in the warrant, Section WW. It doesn't specifically say on his vehicle, but where else would it go? And was the request granted?

Not sure. I've not heard anything about that other than the search warrant paperwork.

Since the cases are different, not sure if YPD will see the GPS results unless there's something obvious found out that could pertain to the murder trial. I thought the GPS was used as a matter of public safety so JT wouldn't be around children less than 18 years old, for the child *advertiser censored* case. Monroe County Sheriff probably keeps the tracking information for a time.

YPD may serve a warrant at some time to collect GPS information, possibly to get an idea of JT's work accounts etc, in an effort the fully investigate JT as a POI. Speculation and example, if LE thinks the latex gloves were planted in Julia's case and JT's company cleans a dentist office regularly, LE may then investigate the dentist office. If LE can find the owner of the latex gloves, that may lead them to the killer.

Speaking of the latex gloves, I do wonder if LE found anything else on them such as: chemicals, hair products, facial lotions, paint, etc.. Speculating if the gloves were planted by JT I would wonder what their original use was. I know it's been said that JT 's company has apartment cleaning accounts. Are they responsible for cleaning an apartment after a tenant moves out? Do JT's other employees use the latex gloves while cleaning the apartments? Has JT's co-workers or people he may hire to help out occasionally been interviewed? Does the cleaning business do any light painting or any other light maintenance to get the apartment ready for the next renters? If the gloves came from a work account they could have been left behind by an old tenant or another vendor or was responsible for light plumbing or something.

Since the cases are different, not sure if YPD will see the GPS results unless there's something obvious found out that could pertain to the murder trial. I thought the GPS was used as a matter of public safety so JT wouldn't be around children less than 18 years old, for the child *advertiser censored* case. Monroe County Sheriff probably keeps the tracking information for a time.
The GPS in the affidavit was for Ypsilanti police. This must have been done before the child *advertiser censored* allegations were made. Monroe did not have anything to do with that.
But after JT was set free on bond by Monroe county, he wore a tether which has a build in GPS, I think.
YPD may serve a warrant at some time to collect GPS information, possibly to get an idea of JT's work accounts etc, in an effort the fully investigate JT as a POI. Speculation and example, if LE thinks the latex gloves were planted in Julia's case and JT's company cleans a dentist office regularly, LE may then investigate the dentist office. If LE can find the owner of the latex gloves, that may lead them to the killer.

Speaking of the latex gloves, I do wonder if LE found anything else on them such as: chemicals, hair products, facial lotions, paint, etc.. Speculating if the gloves were planted by JT I would wonder what their original use was. I know it's been said that JT 's company has apartment cleaning accounts. Are they responsible for cleaning an apartment after a tenant moves out? Do JT's other employees use the latex gloves while cleaning the apartments? Has JT's co-workers or people he may hire to help out occasionally been interviewed? Does the cleaning business do any light painting or any other light maintenance to get the apartment ready for the next renters? If the gloves came from a work account they could have been left behind by an old tenant or another vendor or was responsible for light plumbing or something.
I presume that Ypsi police checked all the obvious places where JT could have gotten gloves with someone else's DNA. I believe JT's employees have been questioned.

The GPS in the affidavit was for Ypsilanti police. This must have been done before the child *advertiser censored* allegations were made. Monroe did not have anything to do with that.
But after JT was set free on bond by Monroe county, he wore a tether which has a build in GPS, I think.

I presume that Ypsi police checked all the obvious places where JT could have gotten gloves with someone else's DNA. I believe JT's employees have been questioned.

Interesting that YPD could get the a GPS tracker, so YPD is still tracking his movements as a POI? Well as long as he is a POI in the murder case, it seems he may be wearing the tether. Reading that part of the affidavit again, It's also interesting that the GPS tracker looks to have been requested for install before the search warrant for the computer was acted upon. (it says something to the effect: GPS tracker first, then, within 10 days, the computer and other electronic devices). I'm confused as to why JT freaked out so badly over the computer search warrant and not (publicly anyway) over the ankle tether GPS, if the tether was installed first?

Interesting that YPD could get the a GPS tracker, so YPD is still tracking his movements as a POI? Well as long as he is a POI in the murder case, it seems he may be wearing the tether. Reading that part of the affidavit again, It's also interesting that the GPS tracker looks to have been requested for install before the search warrant for the computer was acted upon. (it says something to the effect: GPS tracker first, then, within 10 days, the computer and other electronic devices). I'm confused as to why JT freaked out so badly over the computer search warrant and not (publicly anyway) over the ankle tether GPS, if the tether was installed first?

Two separate cases. The ankle tether was related to the child *advertiser censored* charge and was a condition of the bond set by the judge. Once he was found not guilty, the tether was removed.

The GPS tracker referenced in the affidavit was related to the homicide investigation. Ypsi PD requested, and probably received, a court order to install a GPS tracking unit on JTs vehicle(s). This occurred in late November, 2014. My guess is the tracker stayed on the vehicle until JT's attorney received a copy of the affidavit during the child *advertiser censored* charges and was alerted to the presence of a tracking device.

I believe that LE has about 7-8 months of tracking data of JT's movements. In section NN of the affidavit, the FBI Behavioral Analyst states that offenders "may cache these objects (victims personal objects) in a secret location"

I think that the GPS was used for limited time. I suppose it is a device for tracking his car, without him knowing.

affidavit said:
Julia had two small circular abrasions on her left elbow area.
Did these abrasions come from a taser or stun gun? I think this makes sense. The perp may have used a taser/stun gun, and then moved quickly to tie and gag Julia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop