MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe that you are not being helped with this! Is it because they can't be bothered, or maybe some don't want it to be solved? So frustrating. I hope you are doing well, hoping that you will get answers. As always, Justice For Juila!
A murdered co-ed is bad for business in a university town.
Perhaps some folks would just prefer that time fades the memory, or if you don't talk about it...it goes away? Just speculation of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Here's a bit of an update. I have not received any reply from the Department of Justice or the Michigan Attorney General. Friday (29th) I mailed a three page letter to the Governor of Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer. I sent it using the US Post Office and hope that I will get a reply in the future. It seems that no one wants to reply to me! I will continue my efforts to seek Justice for Julia.
I really wish Ypsi PD would be forced to hand over the investigation to another department. Ypsi has proven themselves useless.

still praying you get justice

Here's a bit of an update...... The Chief of Police for Ypsilanti Police Department has resigned and an interim Chief took over on September 30th. Of course the YPD did not inform me of this but I found the information on local news outlets. YPD has manning shortages and low morale according to localnews outlets. I hope and pray that the interim Chief will seek outside assistance.
Here's an article about the Chief's resignation:
Chief resigns, 5 officers leave as Ypsilanti Police Department suffers from low morale

I really wish Ypsi PD would be forced to hand over the investigation to another department. Ypsi has proven themselves useless.

still praying you get justice
My family has asked YPD to allow the Michigan State Police to be involved for over five or six years to no avail. YPD has stated "this is a solveable case and we don't need any outside assistance!" How can that be true after almost ten years? Maybe they are expecting the person(s) responsible for Julia's murder to walk into the police station and confess!

The 10 year anniversary of her death is approaching...

Julia Niswender Killed, No Suspect In Eastern Michigan University ...EMU detective to assist Ypsilanti police in Julia Niswender homicide ...Julia Niswender Murder: How Did She Die? Who Killed Julia Niswender? UpdateJulia Niswender Death: Funeral held for Eastern Mich. U coed, police ...Julia Niswender Murder: How Did She Die? Who Killed Julia Niswender? Update

Julia Niswender, age 23, Murdered 10 December 2012

Julia Niswender was found dead in her Ypsilanti, Michigan, apartment in December 2012. The local residents were shocked at the brutality of the crime, while the college student’s family could not understand why anyone would harm the lively girl...

LINK: Who Killed Julia Niswender?

My family has asked YPD to allow the Michigan State Police to be involved for over five or six years to no avail. YPD has stated "this is a solveable case and we don't need any outside assistance!" How can that be true after almost ten years? Maybe they are expecting the person(s) responsible for Julia's murder to walk into the police station and confess!
Any possibility you've considered contacting the Eastern Echo to see if they could write a story this December for the 10 year anniversary of her death? Not sure if they would take to it but I do feel it's a good way to get the word out to students. I have lived in Ypsi my whole life and remember seeing posters for her around campus when I was young. I haven't seen any for a while but would be more than willing to put some up myself as I have always felt heartbroken over this case. I feel there has to be someone who knows something in the area but isn't talking, maybe reminding everyone would bring up some new tips?

You might consider contacting Michigan State University or Western Michigan University to see if they could help. Here is some information regarding a new initiative they have regarding cold cases:

The Michigan State Police First District Cold Case Unit​

In April of 2020, Detective Sergeant Larry Rothman contacted the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University to form a collaborative cold case unit...

This is not simply a course – the goal of this experience is to immerse our students in the cold case investigation process...

LINKS:

You might consider contacting Michigan State University or Western Michigan University to see if they could help. Here is some information regarding a new initiative they have regarding cold cases:

The Michigan State Police First District Cold Case Unit​

In April of 2020, Detective Sergeant Larry Rothman contacted the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University to form a collaborative cold case unit...

This is not simply a course – the goal of this experience is to immerse our students in the cold case investigation process...

LINKS:
I actually know Larry, I'll see what I can do.

Interesting new info at the link above. New to me, anyway. About a man on video pacing around her apartment. They say that police lost the film but this article does show a clip, so I’m confused as usual. Lol.
Today marks ten years since beautiful Julia was taken from this world. A very bright light snuffed out far too early.
Cmon LE. Let’s get this solved!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stouts4life
Back