Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge wasn't really the point, for me it was his competency ruling. Clearly some potentially dangerous mental health issues at play.
He seems to be a very intelligent person at least academically. I'm curious about the details of the competency evaluation for sure. The connection to the previous report of a man running from the home gives credence to this not being the first victim. I'm curious what may come of ongoing searches on the property.

Sickening and so sad. :-(

I haven't read the details of the case but it appears to be connected to a parental custody interference kidnapping. Is that inaccurate?

There may also be connection to a salon and I'm curious about a second suspect who may have assisted in transporting the car, etc. JMO
The text message Kevin sent to his roommate indicated additional people were going to be at the home on Tyrrell Road. JMO, but I would guess you may be right about someone giving ML a ride home from the Family Dollar parking lot. But it doesn't mean that person would necessarily know about a crime or even that he dropped off a car, MOO.

The text message Kevin sent to his roommate indicated additional people were going to be at the home on Tyrrell Road. JMO, but I would guess you may be right about someone giving ML a ride home from the Family Dollar parking lot. But it doesn't mean that person would necessarily know about a crime or even that he dropped off a car, MOO.
That is very true. It's also possible the intent was not murder but the sexual encounter went awry. Doesn't change the tragedy or outcome, of course, but possibly an angle the defense will take- JMO.

Sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Right - could be Uber or Lyft, although that would leave an electronic trail. But then again, so did the dating app.

Right - could be Uber or Lyft, although that would leave an electronic trail. But then again, so did the dating app.
The only reason we knew about the dating app (Grindr) was because the roommate disclosed that info. The perp erased all the messages/communication from Kevin's phone. Silly really, as we all know most things are never really gone. It's just a longer process to gain warrants and have them served.

If as M2C opined, Kevin's death was accidental rather than intentional. Why not call LE and disclose what happened? Hopefully we know more details soon.

Kevin, RIP. My heart goes out to his family and friends for their loss especially at this time of year. If this is the same perpetrator who had a man running naked from his home (I remember Jeffrey Dahmer) and little was investigated, this is a good time for some internal police investigations to see how maybe Kevin would be/could be alive. I have a feeling this man has done many bad things to others.

Possible connection (NOT Kevin, but another male). And if so, LE really dropped the ball. MOO
Cops called for strange encounter

"Reports Monday afternoon that a man had escaped from being chained in a basement, was able to break free, and was running away from his alleged captor turned out not to be completely accurate.

According to Michigan State Police Lt. Dave Kaiser, a man was — in fact ‚ running away from being chained up in a basement, but it was the result of a consensual sexual encounter with another man."

Who runs away from a entirely consensual encounter? This is terrible.

Who runs away from a entirely consensual encounter? This is terrible.

This sounds like a situation that might have started out as a consensual and ended up as a non-consensual one. As we know, consent can be withdrawn even in the middle of things. Seems like a bit more investigation was warranted, although I don't know all the circumstances.

Heartbroken here. These kids need to stay off these dangerous dating apps! These apps are a predator’s playground! Poor Kevin. No one deserves this. My prayers go to his family. :(

I understand your comment completely, and I agree the "dating" apps can be very dangerous. Unfortunately, however, Kevin probably didn't have a lot of options for meeting people in his small town. I'm not familiar with the area he lived in, but I'm willing to bet it offered little in the way of a social or dating life for a young gay guy like Kevin. I agree that NO ONE deserves this fate, and his family and friends are heavy in my thoughts today.

Like all of you, I was praying for a different outcome... poor Kevin. He didn't deserve this at all. And now this will haunt his family on Christmas forever. Just terrible. MOO, I'm getting vibes this guy might be a serial killer - 50 years old? He had to have done something before this.

I think the serial killer vibes might be spot on. This case sounds eerily similar to a sexual serial killer case (Stephen Lorenzo) in Tampa, Florida, about a decade ago.

Last edited:
If at any point the chained up male stated he no longer wanted to consent, then, it becomes not consensual. I am thinking that the police didn't want to go further.
They wouldn't have a choice if he wanted to press charges. I disagree and feel the victim chose not to pursue. I'll bet he is shell shocked right about now and very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay