Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: graphic content

Police release disturbing details in murder, mutilation of Michigan man

BENNINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Police have released gruesome details surrounding the murder and mutilation of a Michigan man in December.

The body of 25-year-old Kevin Bacon of Swartz Creek was found Dec. 28 in a Bennington Township residence, several days after he was reported missing. Bacon worked as a hairstylist and was a student...

this made me cry. I knew it was worse than we knew. Sicko. Hope he goes away for life.

Ok so I’m trying to link the interview with Kevin’s parents that just was uploaded to YouTube. Hope I did it right?! This gives us even a little more insight. Man his parents are holding up good despite the circumstances. Being strong in honor of their son. Their strength hasn’t gone unnoticed. Praying for them tonight

I'm not alone in the local disgust at LE and MSM for publishing those details. During Discovery would have been fine, and given the loved ones time to grieve and handle all they are already faced with.

I am wondering if they published this as it had been leaked to social media. I'm disappointed in the LEO that leaked that information in the first place. :-/

Like many of you, my mind went first to a setup for a hate crime like Blaze Bernstein, but then when news of the other guy who had a scary encounter/escape came out, I shifted to a more Jeffrey Dahmer-type/serial killer vibe. Based on his FB, I'm leaning towards sexual sadist who was either a sociopath in disguise or whose dark side has been escalating and he finally decided to fulfill his destiny.

Of course, his defense will very likely be consensual encounter gone wrong, and it may be that that is what actually happened...but I doubt it.
He was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic - they'll likely try and use that in his defense. Worked for walking away from kidnapping charges in 2013. How sad he wasn't locked up or institutionalized for treatment instead of free to kill. (warning: article has graphic details but mentions the mental illness diagnosis).
Michigan man charged in Grindr murder says he ate part of victim after killing, court docs show

Ok so I’m trying to link the interview with Kevin’s parents that just was uploaded to YouTube. Hope I did it right?! This gives us even a little more insight. Man his parents are holding up good despite the circumstances. Being strong in honor of their son. Their strength hasn’t gone unnoticed. Praying for them tonight

This is so sad.
I really want them to know that Kevin was just Kevin,he didnt have a dark side,and his reputation is firmly intact.
I hate that they have asked them these questions,how do they feel about the public knowing what happened and were they aware of it before it was published?,I'm sorry but to me that's not ok!.

He was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic - they'll likely try and use that in his defense. Worked for walking away from kidnapping charges in 2013. How sad he wasn't locked up or institutionalized for treatment instead of free to kill. Michigan man charged in Grindr murder says he ate part of victim after killing, court docs show
He received treatment after he was found incompetent to stand trial in the child custody kidnapping charges. He then was found competent but the charges were dismissed without prejudice. I'm fairly convinced that even if he were convicted in the custodial kidnapping charge, he would have not served a long sentence and eventually committed murder.

So very sad all together. I'm so grateful he was found quickly and am so hopeful he'll spend the rest of his life behind bars.

This is so sad.
I really want them to know that Kevin was just Kevin,he didnt have a dark side,and his reputation is firmly intact.
I hate that they have asked them these questions,how do they feel about the public knowing what happened and were they aware of it before it was published?,I'm sorry but to me that's not ok!.
Anything for clicks. *eye roll* :-/

Of course I deeply feel for his parents and this is devastating, but I don't like that Kevin's dad called his interest in BDSM "his dark side" in this weird negative way - saying "we knew Kevin's good side", like in comparison to the "dark side". Stories like this one give people into kinky stuff a bad name and it's such a shame. Kevin did nothing wrong besides be too trusting of a stranger, something many of us have been guilty of at one time or another. Nothing wrong with seeking out consesual casual sex with someone who has the same interests as you. It just turns out that this guy is a psycho, and Kevin got *very* unlucky.

Of course I deeply feel for his parents and this is devastating, but I don't like that Kevin's dad called his interest in BDSM "his dark side" in like this weird negative way? Stories like this one give people into kinky stuff a bad name and it's such a shame. Kevin did nothing wrong besides be too trusting of a stranger, something many of us have been guilty of at one time or another. Nothing wrong with seeking out consesual casual sex with someone who has the same interests as you. It just turns out that this guy is a psycho.

I dont think he really means a dark side though,I think he just doesnt understand it and he doesnt want people to judge his baby and speak badly of him. Obviously we all know better but I'm sure they feel so exposed right now:(

I dont think he really means a dark side though,I think he just doesnt understand it and he doesnt want people to judge his baby and speak badly of him. Obviously we all know better but I'm sure they feel so exposed right now:(
"He obviously got into something he wasn't prepared for. We all make mistakes. It's gutwrenching to hear the details and we're just beside ourselves," said Bacon's dad, Karl Bacon. "What was released today shows Kevin had a dark side. For those who knew and loved Kevin did not know that side. Those who knew him knew his good side. He loved and cherished everyone he touched and he touched a lot of lives in the past. During his short life," his father said.

That just makes me uncomfortable, shaming sexuality and blaming sexuality for this kind of event won't do any good. MOO

Warning: graphic content

Police release disturbing details in murder, mutilation of Michigan man

BENNINGTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Police have released gruesome details surrounding the murder and mutilation of a Michigan man in December.

The body of 25-year-old Kevin Bacon of Swartz Creek was found Dec. 28 in a Bennington Township residence, several days after he was reported missing. Bacon worked as a hairstylist and was a student...

I am absolutely sick right now. This poor young man. Rest In Peace.

"He obviously got into something he wasn't prepared for. We all make mistakes. It's gutwrenching to hear the details and we're just beside ourselves," said Bacon's dad, Karl Bacon. "What was released today shows Kevin had a dark side. For those who knew and loved Kevin did not know that side. Those who knew him knew his good side. He loved and cherished everyone he touched and he touched a lot of lives in the past. During his short life," his father said.

That just makes me uncomfortable, shaming sexuality and blaming sexuality for this kind of event won't do any good. MOO

I heard what he said,I just dont believe he was shaming or judging Kevin,they obviously didnt know about this part of their sons life and they are grieving. Like I said they probably havent encountered anything BDSM related and dont understand it,and they probably think they would still have their child with them if this wasnt his thing. It was a poor choice of words but I genuinely dont think it was meant that way. Just MOO,I also respect yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG