Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So tragic. I feel so much for Kevin’s family... and I can’t imagine what his roommate is feeling, the knowledge he went to go meet his end at a monsters hands.
I feel so bad for LE who had to witness the state of Kevin’s body, and i can’t even imagine what this man’s four children will have to endure as they grow up with this reality... the terrible ripple effect.

was this man’s partner not involved after all?

In my opinion there is simply no redemption for a person who would do this to another human being, especially the kind and gentle man Kevin was. Whether this creature is found insane or not, it does not deserve a place on this earth or membership in humanity. If there is any justice, it will live out a tortured and miserable life in a prison or secure mental institution. Meanwhile, Kevin’s perfect spirit will soar with the angels.

Last edited:
While I am disgusted in reading the details of this case, it is clear that there was conversation among locals and others as to what the mutilation that occurred was. I am of the opinion that it is better to know and shut down the speculation in order to move on. What is most important to me is that this man face the consequences of Kevin's murder rather than being able to avoid prison by being ruled incompetent. (A saving grace here is that he did see his ex and others who will be able to attest to his being sane--functioning in reality, making decisions, etc--- around the same time as he killed Kevin.)

This monster is clearly depraved and the community is fortunate that only one murder happened. History has shown us other individuals who torture, mutilate and murder repeatedly over a long period of time where many people have suffered at the hands of a monster. Many serial monsters hide in plain sight.

Kevin's relationship with family and friends meant that he could be identified as missing as early as possible. While his participation in online dating apps may be seen by many as risky, Kevin's forthrightness about using these sites probably made the difference in saving other people's lives as his monster has been caught before he killed others. If he had been secretive and no one knew where he was going and when he was going to meet this monster, they might still be looking for him or, worse yet, be justifying that Kevin just up and left with little concerted effort to find him. Thus, this monster would have been free to entice and kill others.

I'm not alone in the local disgust at LE and MSM for publishing those details. During Discovery would have been fine, and given the loved ones time to grieve and handle all they are already faced with.

If he were my loved one, I would have wanted to know everything at once rather than piecemeal over time. The idea that I would have to always wonder what other things were done to someone I loved or would be revealed in the coming weeks, months, or at trial would be more torturous for me. JMHO.

This monster is clearly depraved and the community is fortunate that only one murder happened. History has shown us other individuals who torture, mutilate and murder repeatedly over a long period of time where many people have suffered at the hands of a monster. Many serial monsters hide in plain sight.

Kevin's relationship with family and friends meant that he could be identified as missing as early as possible. While his participation in online dating apps may be seen by many as risky, Kevin's forthrightness about using these sites will probably made the difference in saving other people's lives as his monster has been caught before he killed others. If he had been secretive and no one knew where he was going and when he was going to meet this monster, they might still be looking for him or, worse yet, be justifying that Kevin just up and left with little concerted effort to find him. Thus, this monster would have been free to entice and kill others.

As horrible as this case is, in some ways, the discussion on Websleuths (and other respectful places) and the actions of Kevin's family has redeemed my faith in humanity. As an "old" (50+) and out member of the LGBTQ community, I was trepidatious about reading this thread. Because of the hook-up activity, BDSM connection etc., I was afraid of seeing shades of judgment and scorn. Instead I see a family in Everytown, USA, who loved their son/family member and a full-on "no one deserved this" forum. And because of this, it is not a Dahlmer/Bruce McArthur situation in which a killer was able to act for years because of the marginalization and "hidden-ness" of the victims. But oh, I am so sad for Kevin's family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee