Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He stabbed him in the back like a coward and slit his threat. Kevin didn't have a chance

Ughh just had the worst thought reading your comment... Was Kevin trying to get away like the previous man? Did he get stabbed in the back because ML wasn't going to let him get away? :( I hate thinking this and it's MOO but it makes me wonder....

I dont think he really means a dark side though,I think he just doesnt understand it and he doesnt want people to judge his baby and speak badly of him. Obviously we all know better but I'm sure they feel so exposed right now:([/QUOTE
"He obviously got into something he wasn't prepared for. We all make mistakes. It's gutwrenching to hear the details and we're just beside ourselves," said Bacon's dad, Karl Bacon. "What was released today shows Kevin had a dark side. For those who knew and loved Kevin did not know that side. Those who knew him knew his good side. He loved and cherished everyone he touched and he touched a lot of lives in the past. During his short life," his father said.

That just makes me uncomfortable, shaming sexuality and blaming sexuality for this kind of event won't do any good. MOO

posted twice so deleted.

I dont think he really means a dark side though,I think he just doesnt understand it and he doesnt want people to judge his baby and speak badly of him. Obviously we all know better but I'm sure they feel so exposed right now:([/QUOTE
"He obviously got into something he wasn't prepared for. We all make mistakes. It's gutwrenching to hear the details and we're just beside ourselves," said Bacon's dad, Karl Bacon. "What was released today shows Kevin had a dark side. For those who knew and loved Kevin did not know that side. Those who knew him knew his good side. He loved and cherished everyone he touched and he touched a lot of lives in the past. During his short life," his father said.

That just makes me uncomfortable, shaming sexuality and blaming sexuality for this kind of event won't do any good. MOO
I think allowances can be made for the statement under the circumstances and due to the shock and deep grief the dad must be feeling, not to mention all of the public scrutiny and judgement. The dad has a right to his thoughts on the matter, he is just being honest to how he feels.

Ughh just had the worst thought reading your comment... Was Kevin trying to get away like the previous man? Did he get stabbed in the back because ML wasn't going to let him get away? :( I hate thinking this and it's MOO but it makes me wonder....

I sure hope the prosecutor thinks to argue this at the competency hearing!!!!!!!!!!

I understand your sentiments and had a similar reaction to a previous interview in which Dad indicated Kevin was just confused about his sexuality like many young people these days (not direct quote).

It made me sad to think that his Dad may not have understood his sexual orientation overall and certainly didn't understand BDSM. But, he's from a small town, somewhat rural and I would say the views are not uncommon. I also think that his intense love for his son is so evident regardless and imagine in some ways he's trying to manage his own anger, sadness, grief, confusion, etc, in public no less, and isn't going to come across always PC.

I imagine the reality of all of this has not entirely hit them and I hope the media backs off and let's them process and grieve this in private.

While I am disgusted in reading the details of this case, it is clear that there was conversation among locals and others as to what the mutilation that occurred was. I am of the opinion that it is better to know and shut down the speculation in order to move on. What is most important to me is that this man face the consequences of Kevin's murder rather than being able to avoid prison by being ruled incompetent. (A saving grace here is that he did see his ex and others who will be able to attest to his being sane--functioning in reality, making decisions, etc--- around the same time as he killed Kevin.)

This monster is clearly depraved and the community is fortunate that only one murder happened. History has shown us other individuals who torture, mutilate and murder repeatedly over a long period of time where many people have suffered at the hands of a monster. Many serial monsters hide in plain sight.

Kevin's relationship with family and friends meant that he could be identified as missing as early as possible. While his participation in online dating apps may be seen by many as risky, Kevin's forthrightness about using these sites probably made the difference in saving other people's lives as his monster has been caught before he killed others. If he had been secretive and no one knew where he was going and when he was going to meet this monster, they might still be looking for him or, worse yet, be justifying that Kevin just up and left with little concerted effort to find him. Thus, this monster would have been free to entice and kill others.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt in my mind ML would have lured and killed another victim. The details are just too painful to read, this was a horrible demonic, inhuman act. I've heard that locals knew ML & JA were also placing ads on Craigslist. If anyone has a Grindr account, or comes across a copy of the CL ad. I would like to see them both.

@kelsie
Hi, btw! Nice to see you here on Kevin's thread. I almost didn't recognize you without the piece of hair photo/avatar (that is what that was, right?). I tried to swipe it off my phone too many times to count. ( if I have you confused for someone else... Just ignore, lol)

So many parents fear what others will think about their child when they live a life out of the "mainstream". I was struck by their comment as well. My guess is that the knowledge of Kevin's interest in BDSM (if it was an interest or prior interest) is hard to come to terms with for them, especially in such a public arena. They also made a comment about situations he had been in before and how he had used his car/keys to get out of which part of the concern for all when his car was found without him. I can only imagine that they had been hoping that he would not get into "situations" as he had in the past. It is so hard because they are processing through their grief in such a public forum.

ETA: I do think it is reasonable for them to want him remembered as the wonderful person he was instead of being remembered for his sexual preferences.

I agree with the idea that shaming or blaming sexuality is counterproductive. What happens between two consenting adults should not be fodder for blame/shame. In this case, the monster murdered an innocent man who was vulnerable--no clothing, no car, no phone, and no way to get to safety.

Last edited:
Of course I deeply feel for his parents and this is devastating, but I don't like that Kevin's dad called his interest in BDSM "his dark side" in this weird negative way - saying "we knew Kevin's good side", like in comparison to the "dark side". Stories like this one give people into kinky stuff a bad name and it's such a shame. Kevin did nothing wrong besides be too trusting of a stranger, something many of us have been guilty of at one time or another. Nothing wrong with seeking out consesual casual sex with someone who has the same interests as you. It just turns out that this guy is a psycho, and Kevin got *very* unlucky.
I'm not going to criticize Kevin's parents, they are entitled to feel & state their own personal opinions. The statement in no way diminishes their love for him, clearly.
The details add to their sorrow & grief :(

Last edited:
After coming across this case, I read from another site, a rather large group of persons, posing questions and their experiences, in the world of bdsm. The lifestyle and different types of bdsm play sounded dangerous to me, although it seemed to be part of the excitement for many who participate in this.

At first, I judged him as a sexual sadist from his eyes alone, before learning info from the ex wife (important because it seems she is standing behind her ex and how mentally sick this man is when not taking his medications). Most schizophrenics end up homeless, because, the medications are as debilitating and at times as bad as the illness itself. So, once they feel better and back to normal, it is more common than it is not common, for schizophrenics to stop taking the medications, moreso, if they do not have a partner who is accountable and dependable, which may or may not last with compliance to take their medications.

The personality disorders may have been diagnosed first, his behavior mistaken for a personality disorder, before a diagnosis of schizophrenia was supported, and they were never taken off any history of this man's medical records.

I was 50/50 about his partner until I heard him speak. He sounded and presented himself mindfully, mindful about all parties, especially the victim and the victim's family. He presented himself well and was one of the most truthful sounding speakers in a crime case I have yet to hear speak. He seemed to encompass empathy. I feel he had so much to do with keeping Latunski on the correct path, and the relationship seemed to be a normal loving one, and add this to a history of marriage (a contentious divorce and custody situation and the ex wife is still capable and willing to defend her ex speaks to me and tells me more about this particular man in this case only) , stable job, friends, and long term relationships, LE is not concerned with this suspect being a sociopath or psychopath serial killer.

Imo, this man was spiraling, not taking medications, becoming increasingly irrational, losing his job, and then losing his long term partner who he likely depended on in many ways, that kept him on a good path.

I watched a documentary on a young woman, who was beautiful, and working her way up to being accepted into Playboy magazine in the 70s or 80s. She had a young son, 6 or 7 years of age if my memory is correct. She developed schizophrenia all of a sudden in her 20s and the change of demeanor and appearance was drastic. She murdered her son, because she believed him to be possessed and she believed she had xray vision and could see all his bones.

She went to a mental hospital for several years before let out. She lived the rest of her life on skid row in California, hair shaved down the part, and two different colored buns in the style of Princess Lei. She changed from the looks of a model to a very heavy strange looking homeless woman. Eyebrows painted in as thick and long with a permanent marker and other odd choices. It was in the top 5 of the saddest documentaries I have ever watched.

I feel so awful for Kevin, Kevin's father, JA, his ex and his children, all parties affected by this Christmas Eve tragedy.

imo, if he was in his right wits, mind intact, and a psychopath, I believe he would have disposed of the body in time and manner. I do not believe he would have kept it at his residence. The facial mutilation could possibly be from whatever strange paranoid or extremely delusional thoughts were going round and round in Latunski's mind.

I also believe using a name already imprinted in one's mind related to work, hobby, or avid interests is more believable with mental illness of this severity. The mind and mental thought processes that would have to be intact to make up a name would seem unlikely.

I apologize for this thesis or neverending post. I seem to read a case for awhile, long while, usually, before posting. So, these are many of my thoughts, all opinion of course.

Last edited:
After coming across this case, I read from another site, a rather large group of persons, posing questions and their experiences, in the world of bdsm. The lifestyle and different types of bdsm play sounded dangerous to me, although it seemed to be part of the excitement for many who participate in this.

At first, I judged him as a sexual sadist from his eyes alone, before learning info from the ex wife (important because it seems she is standing behind her ex and how mentally sick this man is when not taking his medications). Most schizophrenics end up homeless, because, the medications are as debilitating and at times as bad as the illness itself. So, once they feel better and back to normal, it is more common than it is not common, for schizophrenics to stop taking the medications, moreso, if they do not have a partner who is accountable and dependable, which may or may not last with compliance to take their medications.

The personality disorders may have been diagnosed first, his behavior mistaken for a personality disorder, before a diagnosis of schizophrenia was supported, and they were never taken off any history of this man's medical records.

I was 50/50 about his partner until I heard him speak. He sounded and presented himself mindfully, mindful about all parties, especially the victim and the victim's family. He presented himself well and was one of the most truthful sounding speakers in a crime case I have yet to hear speak. He seemed to encompass empathy. I feel he had so much to do with keeping Latunski on the correct path, and the relationship seemed to be a normal loving one, and add this to a history of marriage (a contentious divorce and custody situation and the ex wife is still capable and willing to defend her ex speaks to me and tells me more about this particular man in this case only) , stable job, friends, and long term relationships, LE is not concerned with this suspect being a sociopath or psychopath serial killer.

Imo, this man was spiraling, not taking medications, becoming increasingly irrational, losing his job, and then losing his long term partner who he likely depended on in many ways, that kept him on a good path.

I watched a documentary on a young woman, who was beautiful, and working her way up to being accepted into Playboy magazine in the 70s or 80s. She had a young son, 6 or 7 years of age if my memory is correct. She developed schizophrenia all of a sudden in her 20s and the change of demeanor and appearance was drastic. She murdered her son, because she believed him to be possessed and she believed she had xray vision and could see all his bones.

She went to a mental hospital for several years before let out. She lived the rest of her life on skid row in California, hair shaved down the part, and two different colored buns in the style of Princess Lei. She changed from the looks of a model to a very heavy strange looking homeless woman. Eyebrows painted in as thick and long with a permanent marker and other odd choices. It was in the top 5 of the saddest documentaries I have ever watched.

I feel so awful for Kevin, Kevin's father, JA, his ex and his children, all parties affected by this Christmas Eve tragedy.

imo, if he was in his right wits, mind intact, and a psychopath, I believe he would have disposed of the body in time and manner. I do not believe he would have kept it at his residence. The facial mutilation could possibly be from whatever strange paranoid or extremely delusional thoughts were going round and round in Latunski's mind.

I also believe using a name already imprinted in one's mind related to work, hobby, or avid interests is more believable with mental illness of this severity. The mind and mental thought processes that would have to be intact to make up a name would seem unlikely.

I apologize for this thesis or neverending post. I seem to read a case for awhile, long while, usually, before posting. So, these are many of my thoughts, all opinion of course.
This is written so well and I do agree with your theories. I personally know someone with schizophrenia that murdered his own aunt that he was staying with. He was seeing demons in the mirror and just snapped one day and stabbed her to death. He is in a mental ward and being treated and doing quite well. However he exhibited very dangerous signs for a very long time. Sadly, these things do happen with psychosis.

This is written so well and I do agree with your theories. I personally know someone with schizophrenia that murdered his own aunt that he was staying with. He was seeing demons in the mirror and just snapped one day and stabbed her to death. He is in a mental ward and being treated and doing quite well. However he exhibited very dangerous signs for a very long time. Sadly, these things do happen with psychosis.
I absolutely agree that psychosis can lead to reacting violently to hallucinations and/or delusions. I would question ML's level of psychosis, though, as he was easily communicating on Grindr and other sites, returning a rental car and reportedly presenting as calm and nothing out of the ordinary, shopping with friends and his ex, etc. I don't doubt he exhibited signs of a mental decline and suspected from the beginning that he had likely stopped taking psychotropic medication, which is very typical. He lost his job, his husband, his kids- all of which may have further exacerbated the decline.

I just question the level of impairment and psychosis at the time he arranged the sexual meet up. MOO

ETA: I also want to highlight that mental illness overall, even with a schizophrenia diagnosis, is not positively correlated with violence, and certainly not murder. It does occur but is not the norm. Jm(professional)o

Great post, thank you for contributing.

Just curious, where are you getting the information that "ML's ex-wife is willing to defend him"? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay