Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages on Kevin Bacon’s phone lead police to Latunski's house

"Clayton Township Police received information from the Grindr app on Bacon's phone, which was recovered in his vehicle, that showed he had been having a conversation with 50-year-old Latunski, Kaiser said.

Police uncovered some of the messages between Latunski and Bacon, which led them to Latunski's home in Bennington Township during the early morning hours of Dec. 28.

SNIPPED

While police were checking the basement they found a hidden room, Kaiser said."
Hidden room...

Kevin Bacon's parents reeling from 'gut-wrenching' details of his death

Latunski welcomed troopers inside when they arrived with no incident.

"Troopers check the upstairs. They check the main floor and they check the basement," Kaiser said. "When we're checking the basement, they find a hidden room in the basement."

Last edited:
I don't recall reading anything about facial mutilation. Did I miss something in the report?

As for the name, I would buy it as a sign of mental illness if he had used it persistently leading up to now. But, as far as I'm aware, his use of the others guy's name first occurred when he was in court and being held accountable for his crimes. I'm dubious of his claim to be someone else simply because he first made the claim in court. (It is possible he claimed to be the other person earlier and I just don't know about it.)
I am just going to say because I am from Swartz Creek and know of several people who were at the funeral. There was mutilation to the face. We are all shaken up here in town, as there was information leaked and it is pretty horrific details

Last edited:
Welcome to WS

I am going to keep up with this case until the trial as a lurker, for the mere reason these unusual cases seem to encompass many different beliefs, judgments, and opinions. I believe everyone has a right to their own perspectives and beliefs, but have learned over the years, to wait until trials, to avoid offending someone with my perspectives in a case like this one which is quite unique in it's circumstances. So my last thoughts about this case for awhile:

Warning, the details of the testimony are graphic.

Detectives said they went to Latunski's home to perform a welfare check as that was the last location Bacon was believed to have been.

When they entered Latunski's Shiawassee County home, detectives testified they found Bacon hanging naked from the ceiling.

According to testimony from the detective, Latunski confessed to killing Bacon by stabbing him with a knife in the back one time then slitting his throat.

He also admitted to police he wrapped a rope around Bacon’s ankles and hung him from the rafters on the ceiling.

According to the documents, Latunski admitted he used the knife to cut off Bacon's testicles and consumed them.

Derek Park, who lives nearby, was disturbed by this detail.

"Now that part's disturbing, that's nasty. He's a little nuts, like he knew what was happening and he just (said) 'hey, yeah come on in, take a look around' like there's nothing wrong," Park said.

Until the trial, my personal perspective and opinion is Latunski's behavior, unless he is an Oscar award winning actor, plus it is difficult to fool competent psychiatrists, if someone were to pretend to be a person afflicted with schizophrenia today, although, this may have occurred long ago when less was understood about this mental illness.

Latunski's perplexing 'norm' behavior, as if "hey nothing happening here, what's up?" may be key in a 'right from wrong,' defense. A sane but diabolical killer usually goes to great lengths to hide and discard a crime of this severity because they have the mental faculties intact, to understand it is wrong, and we see the different lengths people go to, to avoid prison, in ridding of evidence.

This is only an opinion and not an opinion that I believe he should be set free. If found insane, life in a proper mental asylum for life is what I would hope for, but not sure our society cares anymore about the well fare and extremely long term treatments the sickest and most debilitated population of the mentally ill are in need of. In my personal opinion, a lobotomy or death would be more humane for a severe schizophrenic than prison, which is akin to handing over an extremely vulnerable person to people who enjoy killing and torturing others for purely pleasure, and are not mentally ill, they are simply uncaring, diabolical, and many imo evil to the core.

Welcome to WS

I am going to keep up with this case until the trial as a lurker, for the mere reason these unusual cases seem to encompass many different beliefs, judgments, and opinions. I believe everyone has a right to their own perspectives and beliefs, but have learned over the years, to wait until trials, to avoid offending someone with my perspectives in a case like this one which is quite unique in it's circumstances. So my last thoughts about this case for awhile:

Detectives said they went to Latunski's home to perform a welfare check as that was the last location Bacon was believed to have been.

When they entered Latunski's Shiawassee County home, detectives testified they found Bacon hanging naked from the ceiling.

According to testimony from the detective, Latunski confessed to killing Bacon by stabbing him with a knife in the back one time then slitting his throat.

He also admitted to police he wrapped a rope around Bacon’s ankles and hung him from the rafters on the ceiling.

According to the documents, Latunski admitted he used the knife to cut off Bacon's testicles and consumed them.

"Now that part's disturbing, that's nasty. He's a little nuts, like he knew what was happening and he just (said) 'hey, yeah come on in, take a look around' like there's nothing wrong," Park said.

Until the trial, my personal perspective and opinion is Latunski's behavior, unless he is an Oscar award winning actor, plus it is difficult to fool competent psychiatrists, if someone were to pretend to be a person afflicted with schizophrenia today, although, this may have occurred long ago when less was understood about this mental illness.

Latunski's perplexing 'norm' behavior, as if "hey nothing happening here, what's up?" may be key in a 'right from wrong,' defense. A sane but diabolical killer usually goes to great lengths to hide and discard a crime of this severity because they have the mental faculties intact, to understand it is wrong, and we see the different lengths people go to, to avoid prison, in ridding of evidence.

This is only an opinion and not an opinion that I believe he should be set free. If found insane, life in a proper mental asylum for life is what I would hope for, but not sure our society cares anymore about the well fare and extremely long term treatments the sickest and most debilitated population of the mentally ill are in need of. In my personal opinion, a lobotomy or death would be more humane for a severe schizophrenic than prison, which is akin to handing over an extremely vulnerable person to people who enjoy killing and torturing others for purely pleasure, and are not mentally ill, they are simply uncaring, diabolical, and many imo evil to the core.

In light of the details in the city pulse article, I tend to completely agree with you. I also hope that you stick around and continue to contribute to the discussion. Your insight and opinions are very well stated and quite valid!

I am pretty sure there will be a lot more to come out publicly about how ML was obsessed with sex and bondage. Locally there is a lot of information that cannot be discussed circulating but I think as more and more comes out it is going to show that he knew exactly what he was doing before during and after this horrendous crime. MOO prayers for both families.
Agreed. Jeffery Dahmer also committed unspeakable acts upon his victims but was not legally insane.

I have no doubt as to his past assessment. He has been deemed Mentally Ill with traits of a Personality Disorder. Due to his reported high intelligence he "may" be embellishing his Mental Illness. Or he may not be. He will be assessed again. Many a criminal with Mental Illness have received a Prison sentence. I feel this killer will too. It is my opinion at this point.

I have no doubt as to his past assessment. He has been deemed Mentally Ill with traits of a Personality Disorder. Due to his reported high intelligence he "may" be embellishing his Mental Illness. Or he may not be. He will be assessed again. Many a criminal with Mental Illness have received a Prison sentence. I feel this killer will too. It is my opinion at this point.

What Are Personality Disorders?

I am just going to say because I am from Swartz Creek and know of several people who were at the funeral. There was mutilation to the face. We are all shaken up here in town, as there was information leaked and it is pretty horrific details

Mia
I am from flushing. My sister and her family live in Swartz creek. I have a friend that went to the visitation. From her “Yeah he was great. It was an open casket and he looked good. His makeup was fabulous just like him.”

Attachments

• 492B542E-5F11-4AD4-9A02-20F2F6B6A725.jpeg
    492B542E-5F11-4AD4-9A02-20F2F6B6A725.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 184
  • FC05E70A-5EDB-473C-8F99-AE06B5637C72.jpeg
    FC05E70A-5EDB-473C-8F99-AE06B5637C72.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 180
Mia
I am from flushing. My sister and her family live in Swartz creek. I have a friend that went to the visitation. From her “Yeah he was great. It was an open casket and he looked good. His makeup was fabulous just like him.”[/QUOTE
Thank god because everything else I heard was spot on!

Since The Argus Press makes you have a subscription to read articles online, I’m posting pictures of their most recent article.

He planned to “make jerky” and “fertilize his fruit trees” with Kevin’s remains

Attachments

• 7A5116B7-7F4F-44DD-A6AC-97F64A797B40.jpeg
    7A5116B7-7F4F-44DD-A6AC-97F64A797B40.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 181
  • A27738AF-8F22-48C0-92DD-22C9D47F9749.jpeg
    A27738AF-8F22-48C0-92DD-22C9D47F9749.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 4347F812-DE89-4AFC-842E-E04AFD89F0A0.jpeg
    4347F812-DE89-4AFC-842E-E04AFD89F0A0.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 5A4F79B6-9BC1-49D3-B44E-30D89640D6B2.jpeg
    5A4F79B6-9BC1-49D3-B44E-30D89640D6B2.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 133
Thankfully Kevin was found and could be properly laid to rest. I feel for the Community as well. Those affected certainly is far reaching. Comforting there were so many who took the time to Honour Kevin.

The first time I saw a picture of this guy I was so creeped out. I can barely look at pictures of him now. I actually get distressed. If that's how I feel, I cannot imagine how Kevin's family feels when they see this monster, and he is, a monster in every sense of the word.

MOO

The first time I saw a picture of this guy I was so creeped out. I can barely look at pictures of him now. I actually get distressed. If that's how I feel, I cannot imagine how Kevin's family feels when they see this monster, and he is, a monster in every sense of the word.

MOO
I hear you. He calls himself a "Wolf" he looks more like a weasel to me. No disrespect to weasels. His beady eyes freak me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay