Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents spoke with reporters at a press conference in Swartz Creek a little more than 24 hours after they learned of their son’s death. Kevin Bacon’s body was found Saturday, Dec. 28, four days after he was last seen on Christmas Eve.

“He passed away some time (late) Christmas Eve, early Christmas morning,” said Karl Bacon at Sunday’s press conference. “The medical examiner is not sure of the exact time as of right now.”

A 50-year-old man has been taken into custody and is being held in the Shiawassee County Jail. The case will be turned over to the Shiawassee County Sheriff’s Office Monday morning for potential charges.

It’s unknown by the parents if Kevin Bacon had any prior history with the suspect.

“As far as we know, no, but I can’t really say that for sure because we really didn’t know,” said Pamela Bacon.

Police were led to the Shiawassee County home, Karl Bacon said, after some Facebook posts about the home in question were relayed to the Clayton Township Police Department.

“Clayton Township PD asked the state police then to investigate the home,” he added.

The parents thanked all police agencies involved in the search for their son as well as the community for sharing his photo as part of the efforts.

Karl Bacon did take some umbrage with a dating app on which it’s believed his son connected with the suspect.

“They didn’t give us any info during the initial investigation,” he said, calling them “rather uncooperative” while not mentioning the app’s name. “There’s no regulation of law on how they operate and how accountable they are to people’s activities on their apps.

Now, the family wishes the social media app could have been more helpful during the investigation while Kevin Bacon was considered missing.

“I’d like to see some kind of legislation or some kind of legal action done against them to make them more accountable,” said Karl Bacon.

The parents shared some advice for those potentially using such apps including letting others know where you’re going, and who you are meeting up with.

“That was our biggest obstacle in this investigation,” said Karl Bacon. “We did not know where he was going and who he was meeting with. If he had relayed that information early on, it may not have been avoided, but it could have been accelerated a lot quicker if we knew who and where.”

Grindr did not immediately respond to an inquiry seeking comment for this story. If and when they do, the story will be updated.

Michigan State Police are currently in the process of downloading information from Kevin Bacon’s phone as the investigation continues.

A funeral for Kevin Bacon is set for Friday, Jan. 3 at Sharp Funeral Home in Swartz Creek. A candlelight vigil scheduled for Sunday night has been postponed due to potential inclement weather. A new date has not yet been set.
Parents of slain Swartz Creek man talk about son, homicide investigation

Still reeling from the loss of Kevin Bacon. He had so much more to give.

If you follow enough of these Missing Person cases you get a “feel” for the outcome. This is the worse possible ending. The only consolation I am finding is the fact that Kevin has been found. So many others that are “out there somewhere”.

This question never gets old for me - WHY?? Never an answer. I question every thing I was raised to believe...once again.

Kevin Bacon bright shining star. Much loved. Talented. Worthy. What a tremendous loss.

Was this article linked here? Man found dead in Shiawassee County home This makes me so angry,and I know this has been brought up before but did the police completely fail on this one????

“Sounds like there was a weirdo living down there,” says Michael Parks, a neighbor who lives just down the street from the house where Bacon was found. He recalled one afternoon in November when a stranger came to his home begging for help.

“I got a pound on my door with a gentleman screaming,” Parks said. “I got up from my couch and I looked, and there was a very odd-dressed person with purple hair pounding on my door and screaming for help.”

The man didn’t give his name, and Parks says he wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes. He remembers the man had a bloody face.

“He didn’t say any specifics other than “he hit me, he hit me, he hurt me, he’s gonna get me, help me.” That’s about it,” Parks says. “Hysterical.”

That’s when another car pulled into Parks’ driveway.

“He grasped my arm and started asking for help as a gentleman pulled into my driveway and started approaching him, saying “everything’s fine, everything’s fine.” And he’s saying “keep him away, keep him away,” and he had the police on his phone. And he asked me for my address, they were wanting to know where I’m at.”

Parks says he then asked the second man to leave. Police came to the house a few minutes later.

That was the last parks heard of the case or that house until Saturday.

“I don’t know if he was trying to, wanting to kill somebody or if they just had some kind of weird things,” Parks says. “And as far as I know, it sounded like something very strange happened down there.”

Was this article linked here? Man found dead in Shiawassee County home This makes me so angry,and I know this has been brought up before but did the police completely fail on this one????

“Sounds like there was a weirdo living down there,” says Michael Parks, a neighbor who lives just down the street from the house where Bacon was found. He recalled one afternoon in November when a stranger came to his home begging for help.

“I got a pound on my door with a gentleman screaming,” Parks said. “I got up from my couch and I looked, and there was a very odd-dressed person with purple hair pounding on my door and screaming for help.”

The man didn’t give his name, and Parks says he wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes. He remembers the man had a bloody face.

“He didn’t say any specifics other than “he hit me, he hit me, he hurt me, he’s gonna get me, help me.” That’s about it,” Parks says. “Hysterical.”

That’s when another car pulled into Parks’ driveway.

“He grasped my arm and started asking for help as a gentleman pulled into my driveway and started approaching him, saying “everything’s fine, everything’s fine.” And he’s saying “keep him away, keep him away,” and he had the police on his phone. And he asked me for my address, they were wanting to know where I’m at.”

Parks says he then asked the second man to leave. Police came to the house a few minutes later.

That was the last parks heard of the case or that house until Saturday.

“I don’t know if he was trying to, wanting to kill somebody or if they just had some kind of weird things,” Parks says. “And as far as I know, it sounded like something very strange happened down there.”

I have seen parts of Mr. Parks’ statement, but this is the first time I have seen the complete statement. I find it more than coincidental that the victim in the first incident also had purple hair (like Kevin). I also find it interesting that Mr. Parks describes the man as “odd-dressed” and states that the man had on no shirt or shoes. I seem to recall reading somewhere else that the man was wearing a cape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member