GUILTY MI - Kirk Coleman for beating, raping baby daughter, Columbia Twp, 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm close to there , too. It is my understanding ( not fact yet) that Kirk will not be serving his time in Jackson. He will be in a nicer,safer minimum security prison, with fellow prisoners unaware of his crimes. He will never be on the SOR for this crime.
The cit pat reporter is an admirer of the Coleman clan...thus her bias.
However, I do factually know that some members of Kirk's family *know* he is guilty.
Cit Pat leaves out that Kirk molested his siblings and killed puppies in his youth. It was always blamed on sleep walking.

He did not see combat in Iraq, nor jump out of planes, but he did complete paratrooper training. Saying he is an Iraq war veteran /paratrooper and leaving it at that sounds so much nicer though, doesn't it ?

http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=1157

He gets a slap on the wrist for raping and almost killing a baby. Our "justice" system is warped and twisted. Hopefully he'll be killed in prison, regardless of protective custody or not, some inmate hopefully will get to him to earn his own "brownie points" of having taken out a pervert.

Thanks Nana for keeping us updated. Unfortunately this stinks.

What kind of message does that send out? Hey, future baby rapists you'll get a slap on the wrist.:furious::furious::furious: The Judge may be a bigger than Coleman if that's possible? No, that can't be possible.

Oh my god, another freaking slap on the wrist for a MONSTER...
the baby has a lifetime of troubles/problems for her because her SICKO dad needed sexual contact with an infant...but daddy will get out healthy as can be and be free to RAPE other infants.
This article called prosecutor Allison Bates "timid." If so she has NO business the prosecutor of something so serious. Either be a hard-a$$-NO-BACK-DOWN person or get out of this field.
Justice is already an uphill battle for these poor raped/molested kids...the last freaking thing they need is so push-over, scaredy-cat lawyer. BE A WOMAN ALLISON!
Thank GOD this baby's mom chose to NOT stand by her bf/hubby (forget which." Also hooray for the judge who seen the unjustice in this.
Seems there are SOME decent people left out there.

BTW, I hope this monster is beaten and raped in jail TIME AND TIME again.

I propose that if an adult rapes a child, they must be sentenced to a mandatory minimum of imprisonment until five years past the time the child reaches adulthood. For this guy, that would be eighteen years +five. This would give the child the opportunity to actually grow up and try to come to terms with what had been done to her. It would also give her an opportunity to face her rapist as an adult and demand further incarceration. A baby cannot fight a grown man physically or in a court of law. But she should not be denied justice just because she was raped at three fricken months old, before she could even speak, much less formulate an argument in a court of law.

This monster got three to five years? So the baby will still be a child when he gets released? No way is that fair or just. Lock him up until the child is ready to let him out. That is NEVER ? So be it.

Truly: I really like your idea !
Sadly, Baby B may never progress further than she is now.Therapists do have a bit of hope that in time she may be able to sit, maybe stand/take a few steps. Her seizures are controlled by meds and she did not lose her sight, thank God ( initially they were fairly sure she would...never lose hope ).
Baby B will never know what was done to her, or who did it. She will not be able to comprehend that.

I know some are angry with Judge McBain...please do not be. He is the Judge that immediately revoked Kirk's bond when the case was handed to him. He took on the defense attorney, and the defense hauled the Judge in for review. The defense is appealing the sentence since guidelines were a maximum of 14 months. Judge McBain, while allowed to go outside those lines,was limited as to how far by the laws in this pedo loving state. He did his best, and did not want a plea agreement...but had no choice. Prosecutor Bates and Defense att. Dennis Hurst are behind this joke of a sentence.
While Baby B's Mom and Grandmom signed off on the plea,they did so under duress and extreme stress. They recently lost their dad and husband and the defense made no secret they would drag the grandfather's name through the courts to cast *reasonable* doubt. Emotional blackmail.
While I, and maybe y'all would have said "hey..bring it on", Baby B's family has been hit with one tragedy after another and were just weary and frightened. Bates, by telling them if Kirk was acquitted he could regain partial custody , was too much.

My hope now, since Dennis Hurst is determined to overturn Judge McBain's sentence, is that the citizens of this state become mad enough to thwart that effort.

Sadly, Baby B may never progress further than she is now.Therapists do have a bit of hope that in time she may be able to sit, maybe stand/take a few steps. Her seizures are controlled by meds and she did not lose her sight, thank God ( initially they were fairly sure she would...never lose hope ).
Baby B will never know what was done to her, or who did it. She will not be able to comprehend that.

I know some are angry with Judge McBain...please do not be. He is the Judge that immediately revoked Kirk's bond when the case was handed to him. He took on the defense attorney, and the defense hauled the Judge in for review. The defense is appealing the sentence since guidelines were a maximum of 14 months. Judge McBain, while allowed to go outside those lines,was limited as to how far by the laws in this pedo loving state. He did his best, and did not want a plea agreement...but had no choice. Prosecutor Bates and Defense att. Dennis Hurst are behind this joke of a sentence.
While Baby B's Mom and Grandmom signed off on the plea,they did so under duress and extreme stress. They recently lost their dad and husband and the defense made no secret they would drag the grandfather's name through the courts to cast *reasonable* doubt. Emotional blackmail.
While I, and maybe y'all would have said "hey..bring it on", Baby B's family has been hit with one tragedy after another and were just weary and frightened. Bates, by telling them if Kirk was acquitted he could regain partial custody , was too much.

My hope now, since Dennis Hurst is determined to overturn Judge McBain's sentence, is that the citizens of this state become mad enough to thwart that effort.

I personally believe Mr. Hurst has done enough grandstanding regarding his client and needs to let it go. Since he is probably being paid by his client's family, however, he will continue until the money dries up-right? Cynical, but whatever.

Nanny, your depiction of Baby B's current physical state makes me very emotional and I appreciate you bringing the information here. I support her families need to end the nightmare with the plea deal and I appreciate the Judge for going above and beyond where he could. As you said it, the citizens in that area are going to have to stand up and decide they will not tolerate this kind of crime. Although I do not know, truly, what kind of sentence would be "just."

Oh my god, another freaking slap on the wrist for a MONSTER...
the baby has a lifetime of troubles/problems for her because her SICKO dad needed sexual contact with an infant...but daddy will get out healthy as can be and be free to RAPE other infants.
This article called prosecutor Allison Bates "timid." If so she has NO business the prosecutor of something so serious. Either be a hard-a$$-NO-BACK-DOWN person or get out of this field.
Justice is already an uphill battle for these poor raped/molested kids...the last freaking thing they need is so push-over, scaredy-cat lawyer. BE A WOMAN ALLISON!
Thank GOD this baby's mom chose to NOT stand by her bf/hubby (forget which." Also hooray for the judge who seen the unjustice in this.
Seems there are SOME decent people left out there.

You know what WR, I really don't think this has anything to do with sex. Sex is pleasurable and life affirming, this is about brutality and trying to feel more powerful. This a-hole is a weak, powerless, insignificant piece of nothing, and he can't "deal" with it. He is desperate to feel some power over something. Some disturbed individuals come up through life being beaten down by parents, caregivers or other authority figures and then they do something stupid...like join the military. They think that the military will give them power over others, make them a bad a$$ and they won't feel so weak. Unfortunately for them the military needs to break down a spirit before re-building it in the image of a solider. This break-down can be devastating for someone with no sense of self or one who already feels completely out of control of themselves.

So now, imagine....this did not find that power he was looking for and he is now out and with a family that he is expected to provide for in a world that demands integrity, clarity, a work ethic, etc. to be successful. He is sadly lacking. Here is where it gets complicated. The power of evil recognizes our weaknesses and takes advantage, of course. Mr. Ugly is now lost. He is compelled do anything to get whatever it is he is so desperate for, and he will go after the most vulnerable, the most innocent and the least likely to be able to defend themselves.

No excuses here....not for him, not for his family (who should have seen the signs), not for the military (that has mental health pros on staff). Not for anybody.

Child abuse is an extremely complicated issue and a knee-jerk reaction is not going to solve anything....in the future. It will feel good in the now but we will just have another Coleman to deal with tomorrow. We have got to look at this from a different angle.

This is all just my opinion as of this moment, today, on the eve of the full moon and feeling completely hormonal.

~Love to all of you....

If the child never has the ability to grow up and demand justice for herself, as a fully cognizant and healthy adult, then the assailant needs to just sit in prison forever. If he kills the child or inflicts irrepperable damage, then the law should demand that he sit in prison for the rest of his life. A tiny baby or a small child needs to be given the opportunity to grow up and demand prosecution on her own. The Statute of Limitations on child sexual assault must be extended to the legal age of adulthood for the child victim, at the very minimum. It is not enough for parents to prosecute. The victim herself must be given an opportunity to press her own charges. Otherwise there is no justice for the child. This would be consistent with all constitutional law. If my sister is robbed, I cannot press charges. Only the injured person is permitted to press charges, according to law. So a child must be permitted to reach adulthood and press her own charges. If the criminal has rendered her incapable of prosecuting...that is his additional legal burden to bear. Not the child's.

The laws need to be changed. Unfortunately, I think most of the lawyers and judges were all in the same college fraternities, where sexual assault is just a little game for wealthy sons to play, with no real penalties. So, of course they don't take it seriously. They think it is a joke. Hence the slap on the wrist...plea deals...let the whole thing drop and the man walk away. I don't know about this judge. I hope he is serious. But three-to-five for a crime of this magnitude??? When does the victim get her rights? Never? This guy just walks away whistling while this baby and her caregivers suffer their entire lives for his crimes? No. The baby must not be made to pay for his crimes. She will already suffer forever. He must pay for his crimes. He must be sentenced to imprisonment for life. We must work to change these laws.

I propose that if an adult rapes a child, they must be sentenced to a mandatory minimum of imprisonment until five years past the time the child reaches adulthood. For this guy, that would be eighteen years +five. This would give the child the opportunity to actually grow up and try to come to terms with what had been done to her. It would also give her an opportunity to face her rapist as an adult and demand further incarceration. A baby cannot fight a grown man physically or in a court of law. But she should not be denied justice just because she was raped at three fricken months old, before she could even speak, much less formulate an argument in a court of law.

This monster got three to five years? So the baby will still be a child when he gets released? No way is that fair or just. Lock him up until the child is ready to let him out. That is NEVER ? So be it.

I fully agree with your sentence, but I would like to add that once released - (if at all) - this inhuman should have 50% of his salary deducted for life. This "contribution" will help pay for some of the medical and psychiatric expenses his victim will have for as long as she lives.

I fully agree with your sentence, but I would like to add that once released - (if at all) - this inhuman should have 50% of his salary deducted for life. This "contribution" will help pay for some of the medical and psychiatric expenses his victim will have for as long as she lives.
I was gang raped when I was a child. It was not until I had grown up and fallen in pure, sweet love and was ready to have a baby that I fully comprehended the extent of the damage that had been done to my undeveloped reproductive organs. I have never been able to give birth. And I love children more than all the stars in the sky. More than I love God. Nothing can pay for that. Nothing. When the full reality hit me, after I had finally become whole and able to trust and love, I was ready to put a bullet between the eyes of every one of those men. Instead, I tried through legal means to prosecute for the additional heart-shredding trauma of no kids. No grandkids. I mean forever, they killed all of my dreams. I could do nothing to them legally. The Statute of Limitations had run out before I had made it to to the finals of the state spelling bee. What the Eff was I, as a child, supposed to do????? Huh? Count my piggybank pennies to hire my own high powered lawyer to go up against the New York Mob??? I finally tracked down and called some of their wives. I could hear their children playing in the background. The men now are all high-powered executives on WallStreet. Banking, finance, accounting. Something needs to change so that the victims themselves receive justice. Right now the victims simply suffer for their whole entire lives while the criminals walk free. These assholes need to be the ones to pay with their whole lives. Not the child victims.

Over and over these Judges send the message loud and clear that children are not given equal worth or equal justice. What a disgrace. These monsters can destroy the life of innocent babies forevermore and children yet they receive such shameful sentences for their perverted,evil crimes. And this doesn't just go for the men who do this but for the mothers who also have allowed and even participated in sexual and physical abuse and they too either get no punishment or it is a slap on the wrist.

When is this country going to wake up and realize that every time another scum gets basically nothing for their crime against children that it is a slap in the face to the little victims, themselves. When are we ever going to give the most defenseless in our society their rights to have full justice for what was cruelly and inhumanely done to them?

It makes me sick and I am ashamed of our justice system. To know this piece of chit will be back to prey among the weak again is so unacceptable.

Over and over these Judges send the message loud and clear that children are not given equal worth or equal justice. What a disgrace. These monsters can destroy the life of innocent babies forevermore and children yet they receive such shameful sentences for their perverted,evil crimes. And this doesn't just go for the men who do this but for the mothers who also have allowed and even participated in sexual and physical abuse and they too either get no punishment or it is a slap on the wrist.

When is this country going to wake up and realize that every time another scum gets basically nothing for their crime against children that it is a slap in the face to the little victims, themselves. When are we ever going to give the most defenseless in our society their rights to have full justice for what was cruelly and inhumanely done to them?

It makes me sick and I am ashamed of our justice system. To know this piece of chit will be back to prey among the weak again is so unacceptable.
No offense, but the world's tiniest violin will not solve this problem. There must be a serious recognition that these crimes are being committed, not by strangers hiding in the bushes, but instead by the 'best and brightest, star athlete, white male power-hungry assholes in our communities.' Are you on board with that, or quick to defend that type? Seriously asking, because most cases get dismissed on the basis of what it would do to the perpetrators 'career prospects', his 'reputation'. The victim's 'career' and 'reputation' are never even considered, with the exception that it is often offhandedly assumed by families and Grand Juries that her life has been destroyed, without compensation, by the assailant. The victim deserves justice. The whole idea of the victim as some weak, defenseless creature is just more fuel to perpetuate the notion that the criminals can get away with assaulting them. I am standing up for child survivors. With every ounce of courage and fortitude and honesty I've got.

Let us together figure out how this baby may receive justice. If there has ever been a case to galvanize public opinion against the crimes committed against children, this one baby should wake up every decent living soul. If she fades to the strains of 'oh, well...' then I give up on America.

No offense, but the world's tiniest violin will not solve this problem. There must be a serious recognition that these crimes are being committed, not by strangers hiding in the bushes, but instead by the 'best and brightest, star athlete, white male power-hungry assholes in our communities.' Are you on board with that, or quick to defend that type? Seriously asking, because most cases get dismissed on the basis of what it would do to the perpetrators 'career prospects'; his 'reputation'. The victim's 'career' and 'reputation' are not considered, with the exception that it is often offhandedly assumed that her life has been destroyed, without compensation, by the assailant. The victim deserves justice. Demands it.

I'm with you, Truly. The perpetrators of these vile and horrible, inhuman crimes against children need to be "taken care of" permanently. My first instinct is to wipe them off the face of the earth. My second thought is to make sure they never have a family, never have a child, never have enough to enjoy their life, because their victims' lives have been forever damaged. Reading here on WS gives me hope, because so many - if not all of us - are fed up with the law protecting the perpetrator, rather than helping the victim. There must be something we can do to CHANGE THE LAW: the victim comes first!!!!!!!

The perpetrator should not ever be able to forget the horror he has caused, he should NEVER be allowed to forget, he should have to pay his entire life for ruining a child's life; every day of his life he should know that nothing he does will redeem what he has done and that there is nothing he can do to make his horrible action "go away".

The child can't just walk away from the horror and damage that was done, the victim can't just "go on as if nothing happened" just because the perpetrator spent a couple of years in jail. The perpetrators sin has NOT been paid by living in jail on taxpayer's expense. He has to have a life sentence as long as the one he imposed on his victim and as we all know, even that is not enough!

Truly, all my love and prayers go out to you and I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain, but I know that nobody can give you back what you lost. I do believe however that victims like you should not have to be financially responsible for easing some of the most necessary help. We need to rise up and demand changes, to at least give victims like you the respect and help they deserve for having to live without - what was taken from them forever.

The more I think about this.........50% is not enough. They should have to pay so much that what's left is just enough so they can live to keep working off the debt they can't ever pay off.

Thanks, Mohabi.

It's not about money. It's about life.

I have lived so much my heart is full. Yet it aches for justice.

Every child victim is denied justice as an adult. We must, at the very least, extend the Statute of Limitations until child victims become adults. There is nothing worse than reaching the age of majority only to learn that you have no recourse under the law simply because you were a child when you were assaulted. I remember clearly counting my piggybank pennies. But once I grew and could actually hire my own lawyer, the Statute of Limitations had run out. It is the cruelest twist of injustice against children. We must rectify this inconsistency in the law. In every other crime, the victim alone has standing to prosecute her assailant.

I'm with you, Truly. The perpetrators of these vile and horrible, inhuman crimes against children need to be "taken care of" permanently. My first instinct is to wipe them off the face of the earth. My second thought is to make sure they never have a family, never have a child, never have enough to enjoy their life, because their victims' lives have been forever damaged. Reading here on WS gives me hope, because so many - if not all of us - are fed up with the law protecting the perpetrator, rather than helping the victim. There must be something we can do to CHANGE THE LAW: the victim comes first!!!!!!!

The perpetrator should not ever be able to forget the horror he has caused, he should NEVER be allowed to forget, he should have to pay his entire life for ruining a child's life; every day of his life he should know that nothing he does will redeem what he has done and that there is nothing he can do to make his horrible action "go away".

The child can't just walk away from the horror and damage that was done, the victim can't just "go on as if nothing happened" just because the perpetrator spent a couple of years in jail. The perpetrators sin has NOT been paid by living in jail on taxpayer's expense. He has to have a life sentence as long as the one he imposed on his victim and as we all know, even that is not enough!

Truly, all my love and prayers go out to you and I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain, but I know that nobody can give you back what you lost. I do believe however that victims like you should not have to be financially responsible for easing some of the most necessary help. We need to rise up and demand changes, to at least give victims like you the respect and help they deserve for having to live without - what was taken from them forever.

Nobody ever compensates a child victim. There is no free medical care. The victims get nothing. The perpetrators get free counseling, free medical, on and on ad nauseam. The kids have to walk alone in the world with no help whatsoever from anyone. Even their mothers usually offer only silence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back