MI MI - Macomb Co, 2 WhtFems, UP10563 & UP11130, body parts in sewer, Aug'12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe there haven't been any updates to this......

....on a side note, I was wondering the other day if this might be some kind of medical waste, as opposed to a murder?.....

I can't believe there haven't been any updates to this......

....on a side note, I was wondering the other day if this might be some kind of medical waste, as opposed to a murder?.....

I know! I keep checking news sites.

imo if it were medical waste, there would've been more random pieces along w/ these. They are pretty precise cuts though (as opposed to saw blade rips). I guess we don't even know if the other pieces found w/ the skin were the same person. It seems that "they" wanted the tattoo in pieces.
I don't get why the victims family has'nt recognized these, but i guess if they don't live in the area they would'nt see them.

We need a missing person's tattoo image gallery or something like facial recognition on facebook but tattoo recognition... it would help LE w/ gang members and others that might have alot of ink. It's my idea. For the world to see... in case this goes big time...I'd like in on the patent.. there has to be an app already:)

I browsed through rank my tattoo and rate my ink websites, but they are not search friendly and have lots of ads which bogs them down. But, Tobywong, those would be great sites to start the database for your app ;)

I'm glad we have a news story at least.
Can't they get dna from flesh?
I want to know what the other pieces are. I wonder what kind of edges or cuts are on them.
from an earlier link
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120818/METRO03/208180340#ixzz23uY5j7zL

A work crew found at least a dozen softball-sized body parts Wednesday morning on a platform 50 feet below the ground, inside a section of the Oakland Macomb Interceptor sewage line at 15 Mile just east of Maple Lane.

Mixed in with debris was what appeared in photographs to be 10 to 15 skin fragments.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120818/METRO03/208180340#ixzz24IXfoTP3

BBM
I'm wondering how this person was disected. Removing skin would've been time consuming. I wonder if it was just the tattoo areas that skin was taken but the rest cut up in sections. ??

Hope they identify these body parts soon. My husband's sister, brother-in-law and their daughter live in Sterling Heights. We know they are all okay but still scary to think how those "parts" got into a sewer.

Was it just the tattoo pieces? Like maybe someone cut the tattoo off a victim and threw it in the sewer, and then disposed of the body somewhere else? Or were their actually body parts, too?

Very speculatory here:

Sterling Heights is a suburb of Detroit, and by car this is only about four hours away from Toronto. I just find it odd/ironic that this discovery came in the same week, and within maybe a day, of the discoveries of remains in Toronto.

The murderer has already scattered remains in two different locations here in Ontario and, apparently, not all is accounted for. It is a possibility that the person went across the border, and might even be US-based. There were cases, not all that long ago, of "hits" carried out in the GTA area as part of a loan-sharking racket that was run by a Boston-based gang.

The purpose of the distance might be simply to buy time, and to make it less simple to identify the victim and, especially, the links to a possible suspect/gang (eg. the tattoo might actually be indicative).

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8290204#post8290204: Canada - Mississauga - Fem Body parts in Credit River - Aug'12 - Guang Hua Liu

Was it just the tattoo pieces? Like maybe someone cut the tattoo off a victim and threw it in the sewer, and then disposed of the body somewhere else? Or were their actually body parts, too?

I don't know. The article I linked says a dozen or so softball sized pieces, then goes on to say 10-15 skin pieces. Now I'm thinking just tattoo cut off. Or was all that was found.

So now, what if someone removed their own tattoo as to not be identified by it?? idk those are very sizeable and thick pieces. Definately removed with purpose. imo
Would'nt pieces like that have to be cut w/ precision? and w/ sharp instrument? If someone cut someone up, there would be like torso or forearm and bone. these are sliced sections removed from the muscle and bone. Right? Would a medical facility do an extensive tattoo removal this way? No.. Idk..thats silly w/ how large pieces these are. so gross.

I wish I could move the pieces around some...it looks like a dragon to me, but I can also see the grim reaper. There are pieces that look familiar to me, like I've seen something similar before.

Has anyone tried printing the image on a color printer, cutting them out, and re-arranging them?

I only have a low quality black/white printer here...

Sorry if they mentioned it and I missed it but did they extract any DNA from the skin? If they didn't get a match then they would at least have it on record and be able to determine if the victim was male or female...

Not sure about the dates, but this tattooed man is missing...
http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news/article/1489899--family-of-missing-man-appealing-for-help
"Family of missing man appealing for help

Police looking for new leads in disappearance of 43-year-old Darrell Riehl"

"Chris said she and her family are appealing to the public to look out for any sign of Darrell, who had a shaved head and a reddish/grey goatee and wore rimmed bronze coloured prescription eye glasses. He had a piercing in his left earlobe and has numerous tattoos on his chest and arms, along with a small round dragon tattoo on the back of his head and dragonfly tattoo on the inside of his right wrist. He was last seen wearing a burgundy short-sleeve shirt and black pants and he frequents fast food restaurants in the area around his home in Western Hill.
There has also been no sight of his vehicle, a dark green 1999 Ford Explorer four-door with the licence plate BKXC 583 and a sticker on the rear window that said “Silly boys are for girls.”
It is unlike Darrell, said Chris, to leave without talking to his family. She said any attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.
Det. Sgt. Jacquie Jefferies of the Niagara Regional Police’s 1 District Criminal Investigation Branch said police are actively investigating Darrell’s disappearance. At this point, however, they are appealing to the public for new leads.
“We’ve pursued all investigative areas, including checking his cell phone records, his access to medications, his banking institution and more,” she said. “We’ve put out all feelers, but have had no success at locating him.”
Police have reached out to other agencies, including Ontario Provincial Police, Niagara Parks Police and personnel at border crossings. They have also launched an Ontario-wide bulletin in hopes that someone may have information that could help find him"

Wondering why they don't just submit the evidence for testing.
http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2012/08/25/news/doc50353fd07c857396240748.txt
"8Sterling Heights Police Lt. Luke Riley says authorities now hope DNA will be able help identify a victim whose body parts were found Aug. 15 in a sanitary sewer on 15 Mile Road near Maple Lane.

"We've been following up on tips we've received, but nothing has panned out yet," he said. "We were holding off on submitting the DNA in the hope that someone would come forward and identify the victim, but we've reached a point where we're going to have to submit it."

"Authorities have confirmed that the parts belong to a Caucasian, but say it will take a DNA test to determine if the victim is male or female. Many of the body parts had part of a tattoo on them, but it's unclear what part of the body the tattoo may have appeared on. There were no skeletal remains".

umm yea why have'nt they sent it in for dna? I'd think that would be one of the first things I'd do if I were trying to find an identity and all i had was chunks of flesh.imo

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...starting-tattoo-database-help-ID-gang-members

this is the most recent I could find. I still don't see how if some random person can load my picture and do a image search and actually find me & message me on faceook ,then it should be easy enough to do w/ any image. They do it on csi w/ cufflinks. (hahah I know, the real world & csi-miami are two different beasts) I wonder if it's only a matter of time once they load pics to a database or something. Idk but I mentioned it just awhile ago and voila.. they say they've been working on it but thats just cuz they don't want to give me a cut...jk...

dotr- that was a good find the tattoo description is interesting considering what we've theorized what it could be. age is appropriate. email that one in. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back