MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the time has come for a forum for Nevaeh. We're starting to need separate threads for various people involved, evidence items, autopsy report, photos, timelines, media links, maps, etc.
Not to mention, I assume at some point there will be an arrest and trial.
Who do we ask?

In the past a moderator has been contacted and the request for a subforum made.

The moderator will evaluate and make that call :)

Here you go:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news..._nevaeh_friday

The FBI "proved" that the Busch beer can came from the local market....serial numbers??? Whatever - WHY would the beer can be buried, unless the was drinking it during the grave digging and just tossed it in??? Stupid azz hole - he/she is going down!!!!! The perp deserves the harshest of punishments....
(bolding mine)

There are "lot" numbers stamped on the bottom of the cans that would show what store that particular can had been delivered to. I can't think of any other explanation either, since the hole would have to be dug at the time of the burial, so it's not like the can was already there. MOO

Thanks. Those times are all, as far as I know, taken from JB's account. Have there been reports of any witness actually seeing Nevaeh after 3:30 when she left the upstairs apartment?

Finally, a question I can easily answer without thread diving for links - That would be a NO! There are no other accounts, outside of that peculiar Aaron "I am Daddy" guy and his wife, ex-wife or gf - whatever it is that she is to him. I find that really strange that 180 people can live in an apartment complex and yet nobody saw her - whoever said there's safety in numbers lied! What good are 180 people if they're all napping on the couch, playing poker online, sending sexting messages (or whatever that's called that they do), snorting coke in the bathroom and sucking down a few matini's while watching the young and the restless before the old man comes home. Doesn't anybody go outside and wash cars, take kids out for walks or babies in scrollers?! I guess not. Remind me never to live in an apartment complex with 180 people - it sounds too lonely!

Finally, a question I can easily answer without thread diving for links - That would be a NO! There are no other accounts, outside of that peculiar Aaron "I am Daddy" guy and his wife, ex-wife or gf - whatever it is that she is to him and I find that really strange. 180 people live in that apartment complex and yet nobody saw her - whoever said there's safety in numbers lied! What good are 180 people if they're all napping on the couch, playing poker online, sending sexting messages (or whatever that's called that they do), snorting coke in the bathroom and sucking down a few matini's while watching the young and the restless before the old man comes home. Doesn't anybody go outside and wash cars, take kids out for a walk or babies scrollers?! I guess not. Remind me never to live in an apartment complex with 180 people - it's sounds too lonely!
What is even more strange is this was Memorial Day weekend and one would think there would be people outside who would've seen something. Unless of course, Nevaeh wasn't snatched from the parking lot while riding her scooter. :waitasec: MOO

So what's the deal with this guy Smith. Watching videos the mother states they are good friends.

One of the "persons of interest" is Roy Smith, 48, of Monroe, who is friends with Nevaeh's mother. Smith has been in the Monroe County Jail since Monday on a parole violation. Smith is a convicted rapist.

What's his alibi? Where's he from (address) ?

What's this (half-way house for offenders) criminal training pod I hear pop up every now and then?

Sorry if I've missed it.

It may be totally unrelated. It could have been lying on the ground and the perp kicked it into the grave with his foot. The DNA on it might belong to some fisherman who had absolutely nothing to do with the crime.

Beer drinkers are pretty loyal to their brands. I wonder if George drinks Busch beer.

It's a cheap beer. Quanity/over quality. Someone without a lot of money will drink whatever is on sale or less expensive and more for your buck. Just like booze, lower quality, cheaper but can be a real bad hangover. Sister use to tend bar.

all cans, plastic and glass bottle are stamped with a code....my hubby use to work for a plastic company that made sport drink plastic bottle along with pop and water....they stamp them with a code from where they are made and then they can track where they were shipped too....you may know this already...:)

if it is the perps can....lucky for LE it will give a lot of info on the perp...

You make an excellent point and one that has been echoed by some very seasoned members of WS here on this thread as well.

I would like to add my own "not so seasoned" opinion and say while we are looking at RSO's we need to keep in mind that the perp might be just a SO that has never been caught before too. So he would be completely off the radar.

Point well taken and in that case it will be near impossible to sleuth from a distance. In that case it relies upon LE releasing pieces of information to the public in the hope that, at some point, somebody will recognize something that may point toward someone they know. Think about this for a moment if you will; imagine if you lived in Monroe and your husband/wife had a 90 lb. bag of cement in the back of their truck one day and then the next day it was gone. You forgot all about it, didn't even ask about it, that is until you heard how Nevaeh was found. Now you think back to that day and wonder where did that cement go?? Then you hear that the perp left a can of busch beer at the site and guess who only drinks busch beer! Now just imagine that LE releases a new lead - a witness saw a dark colored pickup truck in the area at the time that Nevaeh disappeared and low and behold you knew something just wasn't right that morning you heard your honey pull in at 3 in the morning when you got up to see what the trouble was and he was covered in mud up to his ears and told you to go on back to bed, wasn't anything serious, he just got a flat tire on the way home and had to get out and change it - that's all. You get the point and that's why I like to see LE release certain things to the public - it just may provide someone with enough information to connect the dots. ;)
JMOO

They went back to reinterview her because of things found at the gravesite. We know about the glove, the beer can, Nevaeh's shirt, the cement bag, the clump of hair, and her body...so what else was found which could send LE back to JB?!
Makes me wonder about the letter that LE found that she wrote to GK and "tried" to tear up. I'm not sure where they found it, but I wonder what is in that letter? :confused:

I worked today and have spent the past few hours reading and catching up. So much to digest and so many questions. I just wanted to thank all of you who have worked so hard compiling information. :clap:

I agree that GK is looking less suspicious. The timeline is too tight. Then again, most of it is based on "their" accountings, so who knows.

As for Smith, IF he had a hand in the crime; and IF it's true that JB called GK to tell him LE wanted to talk with him; and IF it's true that he went to the motel to "clear his name"; I can't see Smith driving him there. Seems he would've hightailed it out of there. Anyway, that's just my thought at the moment. Back to reading.

So what's the deal with this guy Smith. Watching videos the mother states they are good friends.

What's his alibi? Where's he from (address) ?

What's this (half-way house for offenders) criminal training pod I hear pop up every now and then?

Sorry if I've missed it.

I see two Roy Smiths registered as sex offenders in the Michigan data base wonder which one he is?

ETA: never mind I see him.

oh nevermind it doesn't go to his direct page. LOL I'm such a ditz tonight :)

In manufacturing there's requirements for the codes found on items. It tracks all materials, batches, lots, that if something is found inferior or even worse deadly, vendors, etc.. can be tracked to the source and to the store who sells it etc... ISO standards. (in my time)

It's me again...I live in Toledo and know Monroe very well. Toledo is only maybe 2-3 miles from the state line of Michigan and Monroe is about 15 mi from toledo and kind of a weird city. Monroe "proper" downtown is your typical small town look. Brick buildings, shops, government offices, etc. It literally only takes up a few square blocks though. Monroe has a pop. of about , I'd say, a little over 20,000. So small town. It borders Lake Erie and The River Raisin and is a MAJOR fisher, hunter, boaters, etc. If you live in Monroe, you're a blue collar (Not all of course, but most) It's a place where a nice home sits next to a shack. Alot of apartment complexes that are Section 8 HUD housing, unemployment is high, etc. There's maybe a populated area and then nothing but trees, grass, etc. Monroe has ALOT of acreage that is just basically parklike, trees, forests, undeveloped land.
Now Dundee (where Neveah was found) is a village IN monroe County. Pop. there is around 4000 I think. Dundee's claim to fame is that they built a huge Cabela's there. It's a huge superstore of all sports like stuff. Hunting, fishing, boating, etc. Aside from Cabela's, if you blink..you miss Dundee.
This area of the River Raisin where Neveah was found is dense trees, brush, etc. The "slope" that people are talking about from the road is not a little hill. It's pretty steep and slippery...I'm sticking with my theory that he came in with her by boat. If you live in Monroe or Dundee, you KNOW how to use a boat, and a rowboat with a trolling motor (2-3 HP which makes almost zero noise) would do the trick. You wouldn't need a large boat at all. Just your standard rowboat would do. And men in particular would KNOW the river and Lake Erie like the backs of their hands. They just do. And if we're thinking like a killer, that's what I would do. Slip silently thru the water, dig a shallow grave and dump. Probably to nervous to dump her in the lake or river because of the Scot petersen syndrome, where they eventually wash up, or it could be some other reason. Perhaps this person wanted to go back and "visit" and the concrete marked the spot. I know it sounds macabre, but stranger things have happened, and it lends credence to the fact that the person or persons involved KNEW her. I will be completely shocked if this person is NOT a local.
The place where the piece of trash that calls herself her mother lives, yes, of course, there's good decent working people there to, BUT it is also highly populated with YOUNGER people with NO jobs that collect Medicaid and housing allowances. There is a higher percentage of people that live there that have been in jail. I'm not meaning to offend anyone, but it's true. The complex is shabby and there are ALOT of kids that run around unsupervised, not just Neveah, because that is the "mindset" of the people that live there...(SOME people) not ALL of them.
Just a little more background of the area for you guys..
I think that Roy Smith and GK are in cahoots somehow. LE yanks RS in, questions him, releases him at approx. 2-3 AM and George goes home and IMMEDIATELY starts burning stuff in his burn barrel?? Come on. So LE snatches him up again, releases him again, and now poor Roy is all over the airwaves, "Demanding an apology" Go to hell Roy.
Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a little to soon after the finding of Neveah's remains that the site is not even cordoned off? There have been people tramping up and down the hill, standing on the concrete, kicking crap around, setting up memorials on the EXACT spot..I mean, seriously? The feds and MSP actually think they do NOT need that crime scene to be uncontaminated at all..even for just another few days? I'm just appalled at this. It's all over the local news for Gods sake. it just seems really soon to me.
Of course, I still remember the Oakland "Babysitter" serial killings and how the State Police mucked that up from here to eternity. 4 children (if not more) kidnapped and murdered in the span of a year i think....

Here's a link to how people are tramping all over the burial site...

http://www.freep.com/article/20090606/NEWS06/90606036

It may be totally unrelated. It could have been lying on the ground and the perp kicked it into the grave with his foot. The DNA on it might belong to some fisherman who had absolutely nothing to do with the crime.

Beer drinkers are pretty loyal to their brands. I wonder if George drinks Busch beer.
Seems unlikely a perp would go through the trouble of digging a grave and hauling a 90lb bag of cement down a steep incline, then be dumb enough to leave his beer can lying around, or possibly, even in the grave. But stranger things have happened. Maybe his "helper" wasn't so bright.

Wouldn't Kmart surveillance video have the bio egg donor and N on tape if they went there??

And I'm kind of stuck on the kids saying that about daddy george and the stabbing. We know (or we assume we know) that it wasn't N's blood found in the room and she wasn't stabbed. What if...and this is a big what if...but these are so's and they are more calculated than we think, and this is a crazy thought that's why I'm stalling, but it popped into my head...who's to say the kids DIDN't see him stabbing a child?? How many missing kids do we have in the US?? Uh, can you say way too many?? I know farfetched...but I have a 7yo boy. I don't think that story would just pop out of his mouth for no reason. There was another big "aha" moment I had...but I"m old and forgot it by the time I typed this!! Oh yeah....I got it, is it possible the body and cement arrived in a boat??? A fishing boat?? Not to be confused with KFN's search and rescue boat. (((couldn't pass on the dig)))

What do you think the JB meant by this statement she made after finding out Nevaeh was most likely dead ? "I want to see her one more time no matter what," Jennifer Buchanan said. "I'm hoping that it is completely over."

http://http://www.detnews.com/article/20090606/METRO/906060357/1409/METRO/Monroe-mourns-Nevaeh

Doesn't this statement sound like you would make it if you were talking about a murderer, rapist or someone you despise and want to see dead??? Weird.

K-Mart has surveillance cameras - where is the footage of Nevaeh and JB???? LE should provide that much to help jog people's memory - IF they have such footage. My bet is...they don't have it.

I just posted on this and sorry, I'm just catching up and didn't see your post, but yeah...WHERE IS THE SURVEILLANCE VIDEO??? Usually this would be all over the news, dontcha think??

Is this him?

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=15743970

(Am I allowed to post that? If not please let me know and I'll delete pronto!)

Thanks, no need to delete, one must go through acceptance first.

I only saw one Roy Smith who is 67 yrs. old. The thing that struck me is his address is very near GK's motel if not at the same place, need to look closer.

Second, the Roy Smith who is 67 is not the same shown in the report from wxyz who list a Roy Smith as 48 yrs old. hmm

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/Two-Persons-of-Interest-Have-Alibis/IqNogN2dEEWJwzaoKjIGOw.cspx

So which one do we need to look at... unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member