Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevaeh was last seen at 6:15 PM by mom
Short time later child friend came to the mother and said she couldn't find her friend (Nevaeh)
mother looked around before calling LE at 8:20 PM :furious:

Labelled abduction.....FBI is involved...quantico....evidence recovery team...Michigan State Police-violent crimes section
Monroe city police and sheriffs office
Over 100 investigators on this case.

Extensive search of apt complex, all apts in complex, all residence have been interviewed...all vehicles stopped and searched. (going in or out of the complex)
200 tips...have resulted in interviews of numerous persons...No arrests have been made or charges laid in this case yet.

734-243-7070 for all tips. Call with any information regarding the disappearance of Naveah.

Kennedy is being held on an unrelated parole violation. He IS a POI, and LE won't go any further.

(Why aren't they talking about the knife?????--My comment)

Quarry of south dixie highway is being searched today and a quarry off of North Dixie highway also.
Won't answer questions about lie detector tests.
No further comment on Mr.Kennedy

They are saying the mother is not a person of interest (as far as he knows) ??????

Someone asked specifically about the knife. His answer was "no comment"

They keep hammering away with questions about the knife or Kennedy, and his answer is always "No comment"

(that tells me alot!)

FBI is talking now. Didn't give his name. They brought in the child abduction response team.

Most abductions are someone known to the child or has a relationship with the child.
Statistically it doesn't look good for Nevaeh, but there is always hope, we're all human beings and we all have kids, so we have to have hope.

He's talking about how much cases like these affect investigator's.

POI's will emerge as tips pour in. They are working very professionally and looking at everything and anything that comes in.

Tips have come from outside of Monroe county, won't confirm anything specific from Ohio.

Reward is being offered by a 'private group' of about 2500 dollars.

Presser is done.

I just turned in..so I'm a little late and missed the first few minutes but all I caught of it (the reporters questions were SO hard to hear) was that there is a $2,500 reward being offered by a private group, not by the task force. They're also saying "anything is possible" in regards to whether or not they think Neviaeh could be out of state, and that they're focusing their energy on their '"persons of interest" right now.

Just to add one more thing..A reporter asked a question about some kind of bodily fluid being found on the path behind the apartment complex and LE said, "No comment"

Has anyone heard about this??

Badme- I have not heard anything about that anywhere. Did you catch who the reporter worked for? Remember when the reporters used to give their names and who they worked for before asking questions? Did they stop doing that?

From my Local news:

They have cadaver dogs out at one of the quarries I recently mentioned. Crime lab is testing the human blood on knife to determine whether it's Navaeh's blood or not.

Authorities are also taking a closer look at other SO's in the area. They are saying they still have another POI in custody but won't release his name or any other specifics.

Badme- I have not heard anything about that anywhere. Did you catch who the reporter worked for? Remember when the reporters used to give their names and who they worked for before asking questions? Did they stop doing that?

Like another poster said, you could barely hear them at all...I had my computer speakers on full blast. And, No, none of the reporters stated who they were or from what news agency they are from. UGH!

I know I heard her question perfectly though. She definitely asked about some bodily fluid found on the path behind the complex.

Like another poster said, you could barely hear them at all...I had my computer speakers on full blast. And, No, none of the reporters stated who they were or from what news agency they are from. UGH!

I know I heard her question perfectly though. She definitely asked about some bodily fluid found on the path behind the complex.

Yeah, I heard that question as well. I did some google searches and couldn't find anything regarding bodily fluids found. I wonder if she was just following up on a rumor :confused:

Yeah, I heard that question as well. I did some google searches and couldn't find anything regarding bodily fluids found. I wonder if she was just following up on a rumor :confused:

I know! I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything either. But, we all know that local journalists probably hear a lot more than we do being on the 'ground'...

It's just disgusting and I hope it's nothing.

:(

FYI
Local news is stating that there was an attempted abduction last night somewhere around South Garden Road in Garden City Michigan.

Older dark blue 4 door...2 black men and 1 white...Not sure if its related.

They didn't give the child's age, but she got away...OR was let go..
They are working on composite sketches. UGH!!! WTH is going on??????

From here: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19578836/detail.html

Jennifer Buchanan told Local 4 her daughter lives with her and her mother and on Sunday evening, Nevaeh was outside playing with a friend. The girl's mother said a friend came into her home and told her she couldn't find Nevaeh. The child was last seen playing with her scooter.

Buchanan said when she went outside, the girl was gone.n Police found her scooter in the parking lot of the apartment complex.

Two questions: I thought originally Nevaeh's friend came in and told her mom that she was riding her scooter in the road, and Jennifer went out to tell her not to do that; that's when she couldn't find her?

Also, police found her scooter in the apartment parking lot? In the initial searching that Jennifer did, she didn't find it??

I know! I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything either. But, we all know that local journalists probably hear a lot more than we do being on the 'ground'...

It's just disgusting and I hope it's nothing.

:(

Hi Badme, Somehow I missed the info about a knife with blood on it. Can you fill me in on that? And also, what do we know about the parh behind the apt complex? I'm wondering if it is blacktop or dirt.

Just hearing they have cadaver dogs working on water ~ a couple of bodies of water, side sonar as well, and working on a specific tip that came in. They've had over 200 tips so far.

Not comfirming a knife with blood on it found in a tackle box.

Hi Badme, Somehow I missed the info about a knife with blood on it. Can you fill me in on that? And also, what do we know about the parh behind the apt complex? I'm wondering if it is blacktop or dirt.

Just hearing they have cadaver dogs working on water ~ a couple of bodies of water, side sonar as well, and working on a specific tip that came in. They've had over 200 tips so far.

Not comfirming a knife with blood on it found in a tackle box.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/Search_Continues_for_Neviah_B

This is where the knife info is. As far as the path goes, I'm not sure what type of path. I think someone else may have talked about it earlier in this thread.

FYI
Local news is stating that there was an attempted abduction last night somewhere around South Garden Road in Garden City Michigan.

Older dark blue 4 door...2 black men and 1 white...Not sure if its related.

They didn't give the child's age, but she got away...OR was let go..
They are working on composite sketches. UGH!!! WTH is going on??????

OMG! BAdme. Is this the same one or another one? WTH is going on?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090527/METRO01/905270384/1410/METRO01/Dearborn-police-investigate-report-of-attempted-abduction-of-young-girl

To get to Kmart you have to cross Macomb street walk through senior building parking lot to the path/field. OK who help them cross the street and there is no way you could see the children playing from the apartment buildings, not to mention the children could have just keep going and there is a very busy street (Monroe St) which leads in and out of down town and is 4 lanes wide. Why and the hell would anyone let a 5 year old play that far away from home, something is not right with this situation.

My bold ..

:mad: Wow that's quite a little distance for a couple of little kids to travel alone ..
Something's not right .. :waitasec:

Right but good eye witness on the car. I hope this past information helps with Nev-parents keep your kids close-geez!

I'm a former Monroe resident...and my dad lives in the area still. (And if you are ever there and know about Monroe Hotdogs!!! OMG! What a treat....I still go there to get my beer & dogs)

What creeps me out about this case, they said they took his tackle box,,,,,,,,the Raisin River is really nearby. I was born and lived in the neighborhood there....two boys and a man drowned in that river - something you never forget. My brother knew one of the boys and we went to the funeral. I lived on Michigan Ave & Elm. There was nothing but an abandoned factory behind us, now I see there is a newer neighborhood back there. {{Hey, Tunker...did you see "Garrett" st? How cool is that! }} The River Raisin in that area is very trechorous as I recall. Great fishing spot for anyone who likes to fish.

I walked all by myself to kindergarden on Lincoln Avenue...um 1972 tho. How times have changed....I have memories of an old widower who used to invite me over to his backyard and give me popsicles and swing me in his arms, then I would walk home.

I just got caught up with the case, what other reason would a sex offender who is what 40 years old.....be dating a 24 year old girl? To more than likely molest her daughter. How sick is that! Mothers need to protect their children.....another classic case of mothers looking the other way or not clued in on the warning signs. JMO

To get to Kmart you have to cross Macomb street walk through senior building parking lot to the path/field. OK who help them cross the street and there is no way you could see the children playing from the apartment buildings, not to mention the children could have just keep going and there is a very busy street (Monroe St) which leads in and out of down town and is 4 lanes wide. Why and the hell would anyone let a 5 year old play that far away from home, something is not right with this situation.

tunker when my mother worked, us kids were all over town. I was 4 or 5 when we went to Kmarts down there with my brother on his bicycle.

I wouldnt have done that intersection alone...so she had to been with someone.

Blows the mind that there are in fact parents who will still allow their kids to wander and just the freedom to explore without even worrying about this stuff.....they must not watch the news is what I figure. That or their lifestyle comes first before their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member