MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG - a clump of long brown hair was found

Nancy also said the hair was not in the water but found on land.

Was the body found in the river? Thanks This is so awfully sad, just following up on a tip that Navaeh could possibly be found in this area. If she was found in the water it might be another case of that 4 to 10 days for the body to come to the surface.

We are in the middle of a wild thunderstorm so don't know if my power will go out. I will light a candle for this little child found. GodBless little Nivaeh. zoz

Didn't they up the reward money today? Now a tip..hmm

Yes, I misunderstood, but the post got lost.
The ME is there, and they continue searching

Someone has said that the search at Kmart was called off as they were informed that Nevaeh was found??

I've read that on MT.

So what are we going to have here:
Mother gets angry because child is riding in street on scooter.
Hits and hurts child out of anger.
BF removes child to another area.
That isn't what I'm seeing at all. I think it's possible the b/f or another RSO friend of his was in the parking lot and grabbed Nevaeh while she was there with her scooter. MOO

They are not confirming anything other than that they found a body. However, many many reports from searched at K-Mart saying that they were told by LE that she was found.

Yes, I misunderstood, but the post got lost.
The ME is there, and they continue searching

Someone has said that the search at Kmart was called off as they were informed that Nevaeh was found??

Your info might be accurate. News is breaking so fast.

Search for Nevaeh uncovers child's body near River Raisin

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...evaeh-uncovers-child-s-body-near-River-Raisin

Monroe County Sheriff's Department investigators on Thursday found a child's body west of Monroe that may be the body of the missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

Police cordoned off an area near the River Raisin around Dixon Road in the area of Ida-Maybee and Neiman roads.

That is true...but that is a different charge, not the same as what the actually killer will face. I believe he as asking whether she could face the exact same charge as the killer.

Oops, pardon me. I'm reading really fast. Sorry.:blushing:

In Florida, and other states, if a person commits child abuse (and other crimes to include those against children) and as a result of that abuse the child dies, that constitutes Felony Murder. I wonder if something similar could be used in this case...

Thank you. I grew up here, my parents grew up here. Things like this DO NOT happen here. I used to work in Wayne and Oakland County. Things like this happen THERE, not here.

I have a daughter. I just moved back to Monroe after not living here for 13 years, though my family never left. I cannot believe this.
I shouldl show this post to my sons counselor (my son is mildly autistic) because we just had an argument only a few weeks back about her letting her 8 year olddaughter walk down the road to her friends house!!! I told her she shouldnt do that! and she was like 'THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD' but my point is that it can and unfortunately it does! So it just goes to show you you can never let your kids alone at all, Im getting ready to send both my little ones to public school this year (which If I had the money I would privately tutor them) and I am getting money together to buy gps locators for my son AND my daughter, my son takes off and has to have a one on one aid, my daughter, well Ill just feel better if they are both tagged with a gps, all my friends and family think Im nuts, but they do not study true crime like the people on these boards do, and they do not know how common this crap is!!! I pray to God that new laws are created to keep these criminals in jail! this is so awful. I hope you can heal. God Bless you for your caring nature!

That isn't what I'm seeing at all. I think it's possible the b/f or another RSO friend of his was in the parking lot and grabbed Nevaeh while she was there with her scooter. MOO

Yes. The mother said another girl was staying with her, and came in and told the mother that Nevaeh was "riding her scooter in the road." The mother said she "got up" and went outside and found the scooter. No Nevaeh.

"Got up" gives me an "ick" feeling. WTH? Was she sleeping?

Your info might be accurate. News is breaking so fast.

Just read in an artical a few posts back the body was found by a teen encased in a block of cement

IMO, the possibilities are pretty numerous - Neveah was practically living unsupervised in a sea of RSO's, from the looks of things.

BREAKING: Child's Body Found in River Raisin
Last Update: 8:07 pm
<snipped>
Monroe County Sheriff's Department investigators found a child's body west of Monroe that may be the body of the missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.
The Detroit News is reporting officers cordoned off an area near the River Raisin in the vicinity of Ida-Maybee and Neiman roads.

Evidence experts are preparing to examine a body that searchers discovered that had clothing similar to what Nevaeh was wearing when she disappeared from her Monroe home on May 24.

VIDEO: Nevaeh Buchanan Search on River Raisin
http://www.wxyz.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=20897@wxyz.dayport.com&navCatId=16

Article:
http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/stor...d-in-River-Raisin/yUFpXrE-uEmpbKSZ9YWF1Q.cspx

*Note many videos included in this article from today!

:angel:

I shouldl show this post to my sons counselor (my son is mildly autistic) because we just had an argument only a few weeks back about her letting her 8 year olddaughter walk down the road to her friends house!!! I told her she shouldnt do that! and she was like 'THIS DOESNT HAPPEN IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD' but my point is that it can and unfortunately it does! So it just goes to show you you can never let your kids alone at all, Im getting ready to send both my little ones to public school this year (which If I had the money I would privately tutor them) and I am getting money together to buy gps locators for my son AND my daughter, my son takes off and has to have a one on one aid, my daughter, well Ill just feel better if they are both tagged with a gps, all my friends and family think Im nuts, but they do not study true crime like the people on these boards do, and they do not know how common this crap is!!! I pray to God that new laws are created to keep these criminals in jail! this is so awful. I hope you can heal. God Bless you for your caring nature!
Good for you, they can disappear in a heartbeat!

Ryan Bickley, 15, said his father, Guy Bickley, found the body this morning when he was by the river fishing with his grandfather around 11 a.m.

The teenager said the body was encased in a cement block and they could smell it. His father, he said, chipped a piece of cement away and saw skin and when he saw skin, he stopped and called police. The block was near the water.

Jennifer Buchanan, Nevaeh's mother, is huddled with friends at her apartment in Monroe.

She has not been informed if the body is her daughter, according to her friend, Holly Howerton, 35, of Monroe, who has spent the last two weeks at her side.

“We are just sitting here waiting to find out,” Howerton said at 8:22 p.m.

I am so sickened by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members