MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat, do you know when LE first picked up GK? I read something yesterday that someone gave him a ride to the motel and LE was waiting for him, took him into custody.

I wonder who drove him there? Also, someone at Monroe Talks mentioned if the timeline is right and he was arrested right away, maybe Smith was the one who did the disposal for him. Nah, that doesn't sound logical unless Smith was a party to killing her.

I think SS is pretty much right on it here and that river side could have been the crime scene; a bit of panic set in, realized he had a bag of Quik Set in the back end of the truck, a pail and a shovel too, worked hurridly so he wouldn't get caught, river water in the pail, add mix and stir with a stick . .

It could have been premeditated, or he could have left her there and come back right away with these things, before it was out there she was missing. IMO ????

In our life as contractors, our trucks would have these tools and concrete, quik set on it possibly, but as an afterthought of a SO to do this, need to think more. Sounds out there.

The thought of premeditated or came back sounds more likely. But will think about it.

Can't believe this really. Pretty sick.

I wonder if Jennifer still has the cloths that Nevaeh changed out of. I hope they were given to LE. If she had already been molested before she came in to change there might still be evidence on those clothes. If she had already been molested maybe the person who molested her was afraid she would tell. IDK...just thinkin' here.
Maybe changing her clothes freaked someone out because it would leave evidence behind? Hmmm...not saying it isn't possible, but it doesn't sound likely. Surely LE considered this and asked for the clothes. (If not, they should have in case.)

ETA: Bet you she has not done laundry...so she probably still has the clothes as they were in a pile or basket.

Paul Bernardo encased one of the girls he kidnapped and murdered in concrete. He cut her into pieces, encased them in concrete and then sunk them in the lake. Sorry to be graphic. :(

all these bodies have been put in concrete
http://forums.vr-zone.com/world-news-singapore-affairs/407910-news-body-found-cement-drum.html

http://de.truveo.com/body-discovered-encased-in-cement/id/149730779

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...Encased-in-Cement/nKL5WaTDMkuEB-A231RnIA.cspx

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...PoJAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WkUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1937,6791862

there are tons more but just an example just google bodies found in cement... most likely they are not natural deaths

Originally Posted by Chilly Willy
Can't recall who asked about this earlier, but....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19556544/detail.html

"Jennifer Buchanan told Local 4 her daughter lives with her and her mother and on Sunday evening she was outside playing with a friend. The friend came into her home and told the mother that Nevaeh was playing with her scooter."
I mentioned I didn't think they lived together before, but the way these stories have been coming out...hard to tell. Thanks!

Hi Chilly, On TV tonight I heard there was no evidence of blunt force trauma to the body. I wonder how they knew that. Do you think the ME removed the concrete from her body there at the scene? That would be unusual at best. We haven't heard when the autopsy will be, have we?

Concrete is not a sticky substance, once cracked it wouldn't adhere to the skin. I'm guessing that they had to remove quite a bit of it to lift her body out of the grave. I hadn't heard the report that there was no blunt trauma but, again guessing, any severe trauma would probably be immediately visible once the body was exposed. Haven't heard any time frame for the autopsy but I imagine it will be done ASAP. Could be happening even now.

Scandi~ It was also mentioned in the video that GK may possibly have a relative living on the road across from where she was found, but they had not been able to confirm it. Maybe the relative is missing a bag of cement or could be involved in some way? Being that GK is an SO, we have seen other families who have more than one of the sick b@stards.

I am just not sure about GK yet. However, things do seem to lean his way. Then again, maybe he helped someone else dispose of the body.

It will be interesting to learn the details. But thanks for that link, as it is the one where it was mentioned she was naked and her body showed no signs of blunt force trauma. That is a 'keeper' of a video to keep track of. xox

Did you read GK was known to fish in that area? Maybe he took her there as it was familiar to him, close to relatives where he had spent time, putting him in a comfort zone to do what he wanted. When she died he maybe drove over to their place to get what he needed to construct his burial site.

That sounds plausible to me. Do you think he would have had time to do this in the time frame we are working with? She was reported missing after 8:15 I think, and who knows when she was lured into the woods, away from her friends. And then the time of GK's arrest.

Concrete is not a sticky substance, once cracked it wouldn't adhere to the skin. I'm guessing that they had to remove quite a bit of it to lift her body out of the grave. I hadn't heard the report that there was no blunt trauma but, again guessing, any severe trauma would probably be immediately visible once the body was exposed. Haven't heard any time frame for the autopsy but I imagine it will be done ASAP. Could be happening even now.

Thanks Chilly and I bet you are right. Suddenly it makes sense how they knew all of this so soon. I had pictured the ME's office scooping the whole grave up at once as there would be possible evidence underneath her as well. My mind has been going bonkers trying to figure out how they would do thart! Your idea sounds much more plausible. xox

Thanks Chilly and I bet you are right. Suddenly it makes sense how they knew all of this so soon. I had pictured the ME's office scooping the whole grave up at once as there would be possible evidence underneath her as well. My mind has been going bonkers trying to figure out how they would do thart! Your idea sounds much more plausible. xox

I think the reports were that they were there for something like 8 hours. They probably removed things piece by piece and retained it all as evidence.

It will be interesting to learn the details. But thanks for that link, as it is the one where it was mentioned she was naked and her body showed no signs of blunt force trauma. That is a 'keeper' of a video to keep track of. xox

Did you read GK was known to fish in that area? Maybe he took her there as it was familiar to him, close to relatives where he had spent time, putting him in a comfort zone to do what he wanted. When she died he maybe drove over to their place to get what he needed to construct his burial site.

That sounds plausible to me. Do you think he would have had time to do this in the time frame we are working with? She was reported missing after 8:15 I think, and who knows when she was lured into the woods, away from her friends. And then the time of GK's arrest.
When did GK show up with JB that evening? The only timeline we have for Nevaeh is from the neighbor, Aaron Baker and her meal at 3:30pm. She wasn't reported missing until 8:15pm which leaves a lot of time in between. The "20 minutes later" from JB started when?

Thanks as that is exactly why, Chilly, others, and I were trying to figure out the how this could happen as described and therefore brings the possibility. Not engeneering. Geez...

The concrete/quickcrete will be a very important factor to determine what has happened for sure. DNA, TOD, etc.. How sad to know that...

I think the reports were that they were there for something like 8 hours. They probably removed things piece by piece and retained it all as evidence.
I can't recall which case off hand, but they dug around and under to take it out all at once so not to lose evidence. (I want to say it was a frozen body so maybe it was Mike's case.)

I heard 10 hours so it is possible they were taking care to remove it in one piece. It may have been coming apart fairly easily tho and the way they were able to tell there were no obvious signs of trauma.

i don't know much about this case at all but my gut tells me it is not the friend SO that killed her... although being used to those types of creeps could have lead to her walking right into the killers trap...
and was it ever stated why she changed her clothes
if it was the friend so then i would guess it was not the first time he molested her as the mother described him on ng as a father figure so she had spent significant time with him way before this... so if that is the case why kill her now... did she tell her friends and he found out... kids that age are different now and if she was hanging out with older kids who were talking about sex did she tell them she knew what it was and why she knew to sound cool... did another so touch her and he found out (so's are warped in the head if that did happen and he had an ongoing molestation relationship with her he may have viewed this as a betrayal by her) did he contract an std recently and worried it had transferred to her and the grandmother would notice... there are lots of reasons it could be him but for some reason i don't think it was JMO
if it was him i doubt this was the first time he touched her and if that is true what set him off...
i don't think we will get a concrete (there's that word again) time line or time of death and it is going to take physical evidence to crack this one

In our life as contractors, our trucks would have these tools and concrete, quik set on it possibly, but as an afterthought of a SO to do this, need to think more. Sounds out there.

The thought of premeditated or came back sounds more likely. But will think about it.

Can't believe this really. Pretty sick.

Hi Dr. Know, I grew up in the town that made Portland Cement which is sold all over the world. They make this product called Quikrete:

http://doitbest.com/Concrete+and+mortar+mixes-Quikrete-model-1240-11-doitbest-sku-264074.dib

It is very commonly used here in the NW and easy to find at any lumber yard or hardware store, Home Depot, etc.

I can't recall which case off hand, but they dug around and under to take it out all at once so not to lose evidence. (I want to say it was a frozen body so maybe it was Mike's case.)

I heard 10 hours so it is possible they were taking care to remove it in one piece. It may have been coming apart fairly easily tho and the way they were able to tell there were no obvious signs of trauma.

I believe the only way they'd be able to take everything in one piece would be with a backhoe. I haven't heard any reports of a backhoe being used. In the photos, it didn't look like an area where it would be possible to use one. It was too sloped and surrounded by too many trees.

Could you please cut and paste the portion of that article that says George works with concrete? I'm not seeing it.

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner - I've been walking up and down N Custer Rd trying to find the spot where exactly they found Neveah's body. (on google map/street level that is) It's a video report - Video box to the right and at 4:40 (near the end) the reporter begins talking about GK . . .

When did GK show up with JB that evening? The only timeline we have for Nevaeh is from the neighbor, Aaron Baker and her meal at 3:30pm. She wasn't reported missing until 8:15pm which leaves a lot of time in between. The "20 minutes later" from JB started when?

Hmm, we also read Jennifer said Navaeh came home and changed her clothes, maybe into play type clothes, and then went to a friends apt upstairs in the complex to play. Is that where she ate dinner?

The two boys interviewed by police are the last to have seen her that we know of, right? Did we ever get a time on that?

It is a very weak timeline so far, eh :confused:

Hi Dr. Know, I grew up in the town that made Portland Cement which is sold all over the world. They make this product called Quikrete:

http://doitbest.com/Concrete+and+mortar+mixes-Quikrete-model-1240-11-doitbest-sku-264074.dib

It is very commonly used here in the NW and easy to find at any lumber yard or hardware store, Home Depot, etc.

My 22 years experience in lumberyards country wide has come out. 5 were computer expert. Not kidding. Now 10 years as a contractor. One lesson I have learned is there are three names always for about the same product. Always remembered that one lesson. I know Portland!

I believe the only way they'd be able to take everything in one piece would be with a backhoe. I haven't heard any reports of a backhoe being used. In the photos, it didn't look like an area where it would be possible to use one. It was too sloped and surrounded by too many trees.
Why a backhoe? She weighed 45 lbs. and was a bit over 3 ft. tall. The cement probably wouldn't weigh more than 50 lbs. They had several people on the scene.

why couldn't they have dug around it not to be graphic but a 3ft 8 in body bent in half at the waste is less then 2 feet and i wold guess she would have been more in the knees to shoulder slumped position as it would fit better... a block 2 square feet would be heavy to carry by hand but most of that block was a body that weighed 45 lbs...

Why a backhoe? She weighed 45 lbs. and was a bit over 3 ft. tall. The cement probably wouldn't weigh more than 50 lbs. They had several people on the scene.

Not so much because of the weight but because of the size. I can't imagine any other way they could get underneath and scoop everything up in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth