MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think two people had to commit this crime. This is a very steep embankment leading to the water edge it seems, and I would think no one could carry a child, cement, something to mix it in and a shovel or something to dig the shallow grave with by themselves. I really am questioning GK and Savannah. He said he was fishing that day, and I really am curious to where he was fishing. I also am curious as to the timeline of when she actually went missing??? There are too many conflicting stories out there. Is there a phone record of the exact time JB called GK to alert him that Nevaeh was missing??? I feel for this family, but my Goodness I have to say everyone of them let this child down in some way.

Absolutely all of them let her down. Her grandmother and uncle were both fully aware of the sex offenders with access to her. They both were concerned about it but to quote the uncle "what could they do about it". In no way defending JB but at least she claims she didn't think it was an issue, the past has nothing to do with today, etc.... These two *knew* it was a problem and didn't do anything. Her mother letting her down doesn't even begin to describe it.

To me I see four people involved in this to varying degrees:
JB- I *believe* handed her daughter off to this creep
GK- rapist/murderer
Smith- helped bury her and run the concrete (the swapping of vehicles just screams of a problem.... like Smith didn't want to be the owner of the vehicle that will have the forensics in it)
Savannah- alibi provider

I don't think GK planned to kill her, it either escalated, or she made so much noise he thought she would draw attention to him. The burial and the number of people involved seems to me to be a "you have to help me" call rather than preplanning.

GK having Savannah as a full day alibi and now possibly being at a gas station at the exact time that JB will use as the time Neveah was last seen screams of staging to me and if the most effort is being made to cover GK's alibi......

And what is it about this GK guy? JB lets him around her daughter, another girl pays his rent, and Savannah is possibly lying in a capitals crime case for him?

I apologize if this was posted earlier. I just read it at Clicked on Detroit. Maybe I wasn't so far off last night, after all.

Evidence Collected At River May Lead To Killer

Investigators returned to the steep river's edge Friday to look for more evidence.

The FBI said some type of cement was found on top of the body, which appeared to be buried in a shallow grave.

"It's a little more sophisticated than just dumping a body," said Andrew Arena, the lead FBI Investigator in the case,.

A key piece of evidence collected at the site is a 90-pound bag of cement.

Only a few stores in the area sell 90-pound bags of cement. The Kuhlman Cement Company, which is located behind the home of the person of interest George Kennedy, sells 90-pound bags of cement.

Also, it appears that the fence outside the cement company was recently cut.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19662141/detail.html

I think two people had to commit this crime. This is a very steep embankment leading to the water edge it seems, and I would think no one could carry a child, cement, something to mix it in and a shovel or something to dig the shallow grave with by themselves. I really am questioning GK and Savannah. He said he was fishing that day, and I really am curious to where he was fishing. I also am curious as to the timeline of when she actually went missing??? There are too many conflicting stories out there. Is there a phone record of the exact time JB called GK to alert him that Nevaeh was missing??? I feel for this family, but my Goodness I have to say everyone of them let this child down in some way.

Yes very plausible, it's the concealment/cover-up which has me questioning if there may indeed have been two...

:parrot:

ITA My crackhead neighbor always sends her 4 year old boy out by himself when she is getting high. It is so obvious. The poor little guy walks around in circles crying his eyes out. Child protective services is there on an inconsistent basis. I just know something bad is going to happen to that baby boy. There is nothing I can do but watch out for him when I am home. So sad.
Have you called LE when you suspect she is getting high and her child is out alone? If she gets busted, they will have to take him into custody or do something about the situation.

I apologize if this was posted earlier. I just read it at Clicked on Detroit. Maybe I wasn't so far off last night, after all.

Investigators returned to the steep river's edge Friday to look for more evidence.

The FBI said some type of cement was found on top of the body, which appeared to be buried in a shallow grave.

"It's a little more sophisticated than just dumping a body," said Andrew Arena, the lead FBI Investigator in the case,.

Only a few stores in the area sell 90-pound bags of cement. The Kuhlman Cement Company, which is located behind the home of the person of interest George Kennedy, sells 90-pound bags of cement.

Bravo, Bessie! It does seem you may have nailed that one and it adds more pointing towards GK. Things keep leaning in his direction and may be piling up now.

Great sleuthing impatient. I think "it" had something to do with this as well. When I hear her in the interviews, when she says, I think about her every morning, night as well, and her final sentence "it bothers me", makes me think she's a narcassistic psycho. :blowkiss:
I thought the same thing as you until I realized that wasn't JB who was saying that. I think it was a neighbor or something, but not JB.

Here's the photo I posted last night that shows just how close the motel is to the cement yard. I think the building and parking lot in the lower left corner is the motel

Attachments

• motel 7_kuhlman concrete monroe mi.JPG
    motel 7_kuhlman concrete monroe mi.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 43
I believe when the laws become stiffer for pedos we began seeing more murders in concert with the sexual assaults. Now it is time to up the penalties even more and go to the extreme. The only way to stop them is to take them out of society once they have been found guilty. It is ridiculous to put them back on the streets to reoffend. :furious:

They do congregate, but I have come to believe it is fairly rare to see a pedo share in the actual act. From everything I have read...while it is common to share videos and photos...the perp wants to experience the act solo. It doesn't mean the perp didn't have help in the abduction or cover up tho.

I don't think they shared in the actual act. If GK borrowed the van for this particular afternoon (makes me sick to my stomach to think about that van parked out in those woods) and his intent wasn't to kill her but that is the end result, Smith gets word that he has to come help GK, that the girl is dead and the reality is that she died in the back of Smith the RSO's van. So he says he will help but the van is GK's and he is taking his car.

As far as protecting these kids from RSO's the only people that can truly do that effectively is the caretakers. The public may be in the right place at the right time to intervene in a couple, but we can't truly protect them. These mothers need to be held accountable for their decision making.

Leave your kid in a hot car, probably will be charged.
Have your toddler picked up in traffic, you will probably be charged.
Filthy house, no food, they might take your kids from you.

At a minimum stand by while someone else beats your kid, we don't do anything. Proactively insert a "father figure" into your daughters life who is a sex offender and you have no responsibility? It is all on him? It makes me want to scream!

My mother and her drug addict ways brought these kinds of creeps around all the time (prior to the RSO labels though) and I can tell you as an adult I think the guys were twisted and sick but it wasn't their job to protect me. In my moments of seething anger, it is all directed solely at her. And I could list the number of adults who have said to me "OMG what she use to do to you was so horrible".... and I am always stunned that they can look me in the eye and say they knew and didn't do anything. And there are so many more children out there in that type of situation, the ones that don't escalate to violence or missing kids that will just go on silently.

Has there ever been any account of the child that JB said told her Nevaeh was playing in the road??? Besides from the so called Mother. If not this women could of left to the store and never brought Nevaeh back home. We don't know anything except what the mother has said, and she has made several conflicting statements. Of Course the news has not been exactly accurate either. So many questions??? I believe the Lord led these men to the body. I pray he will lead LE to the perp('s) quickly! I want justice for this precious child NOW. I get so furious just thinking about what has happened to her.

My bold.....I have been praying that this would be the case. I thought I might be being too hopeful that the killer would have left the bag. These days it seems investigators can do some serious stuff when it comes to tracing lot numbers and such from evidence. Maybe the perp bought all the supplies he would need and took them to his burial spot before taking Nevaeh there.

Bravo, Bessie! It does seem you may have nailed that one and it adds more pointing towards GK. Things keep leaning in his direction and may be piling up now.
Thanks, SS. Now, where did that Chilly go? Oh, Chilllllyyyy...

QUOTE=bessie;3839061]I apologize if this was posted earlier. I just read it at Clicked on Detroit. Maybe I wasn't so far off last night, after all.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19662141/detail.html[/QUOTE]

90 pound bag. No way a person could carry that and the body down that embankment, without making trips back and forth. I am definitly leaning towards two perps now! I hope the perps fingerprints are on the bag

The timeline seems to be widening between the last verified account of seeing Neveah (3:30ish when she left with her mom to go to the store) and the time she was reported missing. The kids being with her and knocking on the door *seem* be falling apart. That puts us in a 5 hour window.....
Yup yup. This is what I have been saying. ;) It has to go back to the last independent verified sighting of Nevaeh which appears to be the upstairs clan. (Yes, I am aware of the ex-wife, gf, and kids scene up there which is very weird.)

ETA: Why do I hear an echo of my voice saying this associated to Caylee?! LOL

You very well could be right. With the sloppy media reporting it's very difficult to figure it out.

This report supports your belief:

In 1998, Kennedy, 39, was charged with a felony for having sex with a girl under 16. That charge was later dismissed, court records show.

In addition to the 1998 charge, court records show that by 2002, Kennedy had been charged with a home invasion and accosting a 13-year-old girl. Kennedy's former court-appointed lawyer Peter Sickels told ABCNews.com that the charges were combined in a plea deal that allowed him to be released from prison in 2003.

However we know that he was released in 2007.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7764316&page=3

I know this atty (Sickels) and I can ask him on Monday. I am 99.9% sure that what I stated previously is correct, though. I am a criminal defense atty. Please don't flame me. :)

I wonder if JB hyperventilated and asked for a seditive when she was told that a body was found down by the river???

I agree. It's more than ironic, imo, that the only supplier of that concrete is right next to where he lives and the fence was cut recently. Hopefully prints might be on the bag.

Absolutely all of them let her down. Her grandmother and uncle were both fully aware of the sex offenders with access to her. They both were concerned about it but to quote the uncle "what could they do about it". In no way defending JB but at least she claims she didn't think it was an issue, the past has nothing to do with today, etc.... These two *knew* it was a problem and didn't do anything. Her mother letting her down doesn't even begin to describe it.

To me I see four people involved in this to varying degrees:
JB- I *believe* handed her daughter off to this creep
GK- rapist/murderer
Smith- helped bury her and run the concrete (the swapping of vehicles just screams of a problem.... like Smith didn't want to be the owner of the vehicle that will have the forensics in it)
Savannah- alibi provider

I don't think GK planned to kill her, it either escalated, or she made so much noise he thought she would draw attention to him. The burial and the number of people involved seems to me to be a "you have to help me" call rather than preplanning.

GK having Savannah as a full day alibi and now possibly being at a gas station at the exact time that JB will use as the time Neveah was last seen screams of staging to me and if the most effort is being made to cover GK's alibi......

And what is it about this GK guy? JB lets him around her daughter, another girl pays his rent, and Savannah is possibly lying in a capitals crime case for him?

(bbm) Yea none of them do, right... plan to kill them afterward...? He probably planned to give her a pat and send her along home. (Sorry I honestly agree w most of your post!) But couldn't it be said this is the fatal "flaw" in every one of these SOB's plans? Woops, if you'd only stayed quiet like a good girl... :rolleyes: How long had he been "grooming" this poor little angel? How long had this been going on... did he only "miscalculate" the volume of her screams or underestimate her in an isolated incident? Perps are the ones in the wings waiting to give kids the attention their own families neglect to give to them. No doubt he cultivated this precious child while neither parent nor grandparent could be bothered :mad:

:parrot:

I wonder if JB hyperventilated and asked for a seditive when she was told that a body was found down by the river???
The neighbor described the wailing coming from the apartment when the officer came to tell them. I thought to myself it must be the grandmother. The brother, Michael, mentioned that Jennifer broke down and sobbed. My first thought was the tears were for herself and not for Nevaeh. Yes, shades of Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste