Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who reported the boy missing at other times during the day and to whom? Was it park employees or other guests in the pavilion where folks were picnicking? Did the group that Mars was with ever go swimming or were they only there for a picnic? I read something about a bridge in the vicinity. Might Mars have been curious about where the bridge went? Did anyone notice the boy near the bridge?

I hope LE has interviewed mostly everyone who was there at the time the boy went missing. I also hope LE has questioned all family members, extended family, friends, neighbors of both the biological and foster families connected to the missing boy. It seems strange that the child disappeared more than once during the day and that he was not more carefully supervised after the initial incident :waitasec:

The last time the foster mom saw the boy he was playing in the sand near the splash pad. The one time earlier when he was missing, he was found playing in the splash pad (it has a fence around it and you need to pay for an arm band to get in). As I understand it, other times during the day park staff found him wandering around unattended and took him back to his family and asked them to supervise him better. The manager said he asked the people to leave the park several times because they weren't watching the boy and he kept wandering off. When a news channel was filming there at 4 p.m. they caught a photo of him in the splash pad at the end of their video. So, we know he was in the splash pad at 4 p.m. I read that the search dogs got a hit on his scent but that they stopped at the parking lot. To even be in the parking lot, you have to buy a pass at the guard shack that's a ways before the parking lot. The public can't just go in and out without a pass.

I'm not sure what bridge they were talking about. They said they found 2 sets of foot prints by the bridge--one with shoes and one barefoot. The woman who found the foot prints told the police and I think they checked it out but it didn't lead to anything. There is a creek beside the park and train tracks on the other side of the creek, also a small airport there. I don't know if the family went swimming or not. The lake has a swimming area near the beach with a rope with those plastic floating things that marks off the swimming area. Beyond that is a sudden drop off and the lake is said to be 28 feet deep. Also, in the swimming area are holes where you walk along in shallow water and then fall into a hole where you are suddenly knee deep in the water. My daughter stepped in one of the holes and it made her stumble and fall on her face in the water. However, the lake and all ponds have been checked multiple times and cleared and we're told he's not in there. We drove by the search headquarters about a half hour ago and cars were parked there and the Salvation Army food truck was there and the horse trailers and a few people. We couldn't see where the searchers were. They must be farther out today. The lake was quiet and just had a few seagulls on it. By the way, there are 9 sex registered sex offenders within one mile of the park.

The last time the foster mom saw the boy he was playing in the sand near the splash pad. The one time earlier when he was missing, he was found playing in the splash pad (it has a fence around it and you need to pay for an arm band to get in). As I understand it, other times during the day park staff found him wandering around unattended and took him back to his family and asked them to supervise him better. The manager said he asked the people to leave the park several times because they weren't watching the boy and he kept wandering off. When a news channel was filming there at 4 p.m. they caught a photo of him in the splash pad at the end of their video. So, we know he was in the splash pad at 4 p.m. I read that the search dogs got a hit on his scent but that they stopped at the parking lot. To even be in the parking lot, you have to buy a pass at the guard shack that's a ways before the parking lot. The public can't just go in and out without a pass.
Do they keep records of who has bought a pass, or is it more anonymous? Often when the scent stops in a parking lot or a road it means the person entered a vehicle.

I know I read that bio mom was helping with the search. I wonder what the circumstances are that led to the fostering. With the scent stopping at the parking lot, maybe it's a case of bio family trying to get custody back.

I really hope that if someone took him, it was because they noticed the lack of attention by foster family and wanted to give him a "better home." <--- not that it's ok to kidnap, but I'd rather it be for that than something nefarious.

Do they keep records of who has bought a pass, or is it more anonymous? Often when the scent stops in a parking lot or a road it means the person entered a vehicle.

That's what I thought when Jan mentioned that dogs lost the boy's scent at the parking lot. If he got into a vehicle, where is he and with whom?

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/07/dive_teams_search_lake_callis.html

Here is a new and longer article from this afternoon saying they are refocusing the search. They said he was seen on surveillance video at 5:09 and then walked out of sight of the camera and was never seen again. They do keep a record of anyone who buys an annual pass to the park and it includes your drivers license number and your car license plate number. But if you buy a day pass I don't think they keep a record.

Oh no, and wasn't it stated early on that Omarion could and would squeeze himself into some really small spaces when frightened? Worrisome. Busy holiday weekend. Lots of vehicles pulling into and out of the parking area. He could have hidden in the back of a pickup truck, a backseat in the floorboard, in a camper on a trailer, or somewhere else in a vehicle and remained unnoticed. Which means he could be just about anywhere by now. very disheartening :(

WDIV Jason Colthorp's report at 5:00 didn't have much new information. Search continues. At 6:00, JC's interviews with members of biological and foster families. Teaser: Both families seem to think that searches are a waste of time. Huh?

We've had several gorgeous weather days in lower Michigan but there's rain in tomorrow's forecast. I hope Omarion is found before storms move in :praying:

OMARION HUMPHREY, Age Now: 9, Missing: 07/04/2015. Missing From DAVISON, MI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Genesee County Central Dispatch (Michigan) 1-810-732-9911.

More...

After watching Jason Colthorp's interview with Omarion's sister, I'm puzzled about why she has drawn the conclusion that "the boy was taken by someone and that authorities shouldn't be searching the Lake Callis Park because Mars isn't there". Also, for anyone who was wondering why Omarion is in foster care, the report also includes that the mother lost custody of her son and wants to get him back. I'm a bit skeptical now about what might be going on here :waitasec:

Please tell me these foster parents are no longer responsible for any foster kids! How many times did the park manager have to request that they watch this missing boy?

The scent trail to the parking lot was probably actually his arrival at the park and walking to the park from the parking lot. He will probably be found in the water, even though they say they don't think he's in there.

FBI contacted to help find missing 9-year-old boy with autism

DAVISON TWP, MI -- Township Police Chief Rick Freeman says he hoped to provide more of an update during a Monday, July 6, news briefing at Lake Callis Recreation Complex about missing 9-year-old Omarion Humphrey...

...Resources from across the state, including multiple search-and-rescue groups, K9s and dive teams have been used in the search for Omarion, described as severely autistic.

Freeman said the Federal Bureau of Investigation was contacted two days ago to help, in response to a question from Khisha Humphrey, Omarion's mother. Freeman did not further discuss the FBI's role...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/07/fbi_contacted_to_assist_in_mis.html#incart_river

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back