MI MI - Paige Renkoski, 30, Fowlerville, 24 May 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read about the Paige Renkoski case many years ago. Still unsolved since 1990...

All I can remember is that the van was described as dark red or burgundy color: "She was last seen speaking with two unidentified African-American males on May 24, 1990. They were standing near a maroon or burgundy minivan. A photo of a similar van is posted with this case summary."

Charley Project Paige Renkoski

I don't recall if I ever saw a specific make/model of this van. The photo in Hockeyfan's previous post is the one I have often seen when this case is discussed, probably from the Charley Project case summary.

It's like she is totally forgotten---- very sad
Many of the older links in this thread are no longer working, which would be expected after so many years.

A few years ago, before Paige's mother passed away, I remember reading an online story about Paige's disappearance. I think it was from one of the detectives (now retired) who worked on this case during the 1990's. Unfortunately I don't have the link, but I recall that it was a very interesting read. They also had a few previously unreleased photos of Paige's Cutlass, mostly showing the vehicle interior, the bottle of beer she purchased earlier that day, etc. If I come across that link I'll share it here.

Many of the older links in this thread are no longer working, which would be expected after so many years.

A few years ago, before Paige's mother passed away, I remember reading an online story about Paige's disappearance. I think it was from one of the detectives (now retired) who worked on this case during the 1990's. Unfortunately I don't have the link, but I recall that it was a very interesting read. They also had a few previously unreleased photos of Paige's Cutlass, mostly showing the vehicle interior, the bottle of beer she purchased earlier that day, etc. If I come across that link I'll share it here.

I have never forgotten Paige. It would be great if you could find that link. Thanks for posting. I hate not knowing what happened to her and her poor mother passing away never knowing what happened to her precious daughter.

paige_renkoski_main_art.jpg
paige_renkoski5.jpg
1*aNc-q0gtteIyjzPNpiXlSg.jpeg

Paige Renkoski, 30, Missing since 24 May 1990

LINKS:

Paige Renkoski still missing from Michigan nearly 30 years after disappearing

The Disappearance of Paige Renkoski

Paige Renkoski – CUE – Community United Effort

The Unsolved Disappearance of Paige Renkoski | Missing #36

Missing: Paige Renkoski | Fowlerville, MI

This might be the link I was thinking of in my earlier posting, or at least it's a similar one. It probably has been posted elsewhere in this thread but I wanted to share it again just in case.

Renkoski cold case: 'Someone out there' does know

This story is about six years old, so it's not current, and her mother was still alive at the time this came out. There are some good case details and photos of Paige, her car, the area she was last seen, etc. There are about 30 images at the end of the story.

This might be the link I was thinking of in my earlier posting, or at least it's a similar one. It probably has been posted elsewhere in this thread but I wanted to share it again just in case.

Renkoski cold case: 'Someone out there' does know

This story is about six years old, so it's not current, and her mother was still alive at the time this came out. There are some good case details and photos of Paige, her car, the area she was last seen, etc. There are about 30 images at the end of the story.

Thank you for posting this article, which, at least for me, provides the most information I have read about this case. It is good to know that investigation into her disappearance is still on-going. I have to say I am surprised that the place where her car was found on the free way was not treated as a crime scene. I mean how many women leave their purse and shoes in the car? That should have been a huge red flag for the police- but apparently it was not. Their failure to consider that the area where her car was found was a crime scene has hampered this case to the present time IMO.

Glad to share it while the link is still active. Since it the story is almost seven years old now I'm not sure how long it will be available. The article contains a significant amount of information about Paige's disappearance and the search for her over the last 30 years so I wanted to share in in case it had not been linked before now.

I've read quite a few MSM posts about her disappearance over the years. Unfortunately the details are getting somewhat "fuzzy" with the surviving witnesses getting older and not able to clearly remember what they saw 30+ years ago. In addition, keep in mind that anyone who may have seen Paige and the one or more men along the highway that day did so at highway speeds, so they would only have seen her, her Cutlass, the man (or men) she was talking to, and the maroon/burgundy van for a few seconds before passing the scene.

To be fair, the officer who found Paige's car had no idea she was missing, or what had happened several hours earlier at that location. Granted, it would have been suspicious to find a car running, radio on, and shoes, purse, etc. still in the car with no one around. At the time LE didn't know a crime had been committed, so finding a car abandoned along the highway probably didn't seem critical to them at the time.

In hindsight, over 30 years later, it's tempting to review this case and see the mistakes LE made at the time of the original incident. But we have the benefit of 30 years of investigation and review, while LE was unaware of any of these events until later on.

BTW, I don't know what happened to Paige's car. I think I remember reading somewhere that was kept in storage for a few years as evidence because it had some unidentifiable palm prints on it.

Paige has been missing for 32 years. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I sincerely hope her case is eventually solved. Her family deserves to know what happened.

Thank you for this remembrance- I have never forgotten Paige--- I will continue to hope that someday there will be a break in this case-- though, honestly, it looks doubtful. Her poor mother passed away never knowing what happened to her daughter and that is so sad.

Thank you for this remembrance- I have never forgotten Paige--- I will continue to hope that someday there will be a break in this case-- though, honestly, it looks doubtful. Her poor mother passed away never knowing what happened to her daughter and that is so sad
Yes, agreed. I also was hoping her mother would have some kind of closure regarding Paige's disappearance, but unfortunately that didn't happen before she passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the bump Richard. For her family's sake I hope Paige's disappearance is solved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back