Found Deceased MI - Patrick 'Kegan' Cochrane, MSU student, Lansing, 9 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has to be him. :( Prayers for his family and friends.

In his book he mentions that his last resort would be to jump in front of a train. Therefore it seems likely that he would carry out his attempts somewhere near train tracks-- the Baker Woodlot and surrounding areas fit this description.

I think this is him. Wow, didn't expect it to turn out like this. He was so adamant he'd never be found, so if this is him he's either changed his mind or his plan wasn't as certain as he thought.

Welcome Scotto.

This is the first article that says the body was found within the Baker wood lot. The others have said "east of" the wood lot. This makes more sense. There is a small body of water in the wood lot.

MSU Police located the body within the Baker Woodlot at approximately 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, MSU spokesman Jason Cody said Wednesday

Thoughts and prayers for the family of the deceased. If it is Kegan, I hope he finds contentment and peace in the afterlife.

Reading what he wrote reminded me of my son because of his depression, Asperger's, and narcissism. I know that's why his book and the letters he wrote have had such an effect on me. Because of my son's issues with not being able to show emotion as well as his beliefs that he is ALWAYS right, these are letters and a book he could have easily written. He's extremely intelligent but doesn't want to, or can't, grasp that he isn't always correct. He also has never had more than a couple of friends. He is a loner, he can't make friends, those close to him struggle to deal with his issues. He has been talking about wanting to die for several years because he feels like he has no one in his life. He's had only one short relationship with a girl and that ended within a 2 months. I understand to a point but it's very stressful on everyone and terrible to have to live through and knowing how much I wish I could make it better, but I can't. He has refused his entire life to get mental health treatment whether it be meds or therapy. They just don't work is his response.

I just wanted to say I'm in the exact same situation as you. My son is also diagnosed with depression, anxiety and aspergers. He very well would probably write stuff just like this. Nothing is ever his fault, he is never wrong etc. he has talked of suicide. He actually was hospitalized at one time. He is 16. He says the medicine doesn't help him.

has anybody heard anything new today?? im local and was looking online but cant find anything

I just wanted to say I'm in the exact same situation as you. My son is also diagnosed with depression, anxiety and aspergers. He very well would probably write stuff just like this. Nothing is ever his fault, he is never wrong etc. he has talked of suicide. He actually was hospitalized at one time. He is 16. He says the medicine doesn't help him.

Bless you. It's a very, very difficult road.

has anybody heard anything new today?? im local and was looking online but cant find anything

Not really. Local media reporting the same information - body found on the campus of MSU. Foul play not suspected. Identification expected some time today.

I have some errands to run but want to watch noon news for possible updates. Will report if there's anything new.

Probably trying to contact first of kin first (to identify him)

Nothing new on WDIV news at noon or WWJ radio while I was out. Hoping we know something by the end of the day.

Awwwwww...expected but still so sad. :( So it was east of the wood lot after all. Apparently he could be seen from the air. Poor family and friends. So sorry.

Well well well. I wonder what went "wrong" with his masterplan of never being found? Intrigued to hear what the CoD was and whether he left any more notes.

RIP Kegan. I think most people understand you did what you had to :(

In his book he mentions that his last resort would be to jump in front of a train. Therefore it seems likely that he would carry out his attempts somewhere near train tracks-- the Baker Woodlot and surrounding areas fit this description.

I wonder if that's what he did, jumped in front of a train. Maybe he tried the other methods first. He was missing 4 days and it seems his body was in an open area so I wonder if he waited a couple of days or if he's been there since Saturday. So many questions...

I wonder if that's what he did, jumped in front of a train. Maybe he tried the other methods first. He was missing 4 days and it seems his body was in an open area so I wonder if he waited a couple of days or if he's been there since Saturday. So many questions...
The post actually says that "the body was discovered about 11:40 a.m. in a heavily wooded area."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back