Found Deceased MI - Patrick 'Kegan' Cochrane, MSU student, Lansing, 9 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it made me so sad when he was questioning his role in his friendships and if he was the guy they tolerated rather than enjoyed. That really hit me. Something we all wonder and deal with but I know for him it felt so much more. He was so smart and so aware of what made him "different" etc. I can't imagine what his brain was like, he probably could not turn it off. While I can't understand his actions I respect them and I hope he is at peace now. RIP Kegan.

That may be the one thing all higher functioning autistics or 'neuro- different' people have in common. They are aware of it. My oldest son is in that same position. Otherwise, I think the old saying applies:"If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism."

This has been personally painful our whole family. The reality for all is what we truly need in our lives to be happy, is simply to be understood. Thank you Kegan for the reminder that acceptance is the greatest gift a person can give.

This has been personally painful our whole family. The reality for all is what we truly need in our lives to be happy, is simply to be understood. Thank you Kegan for the reminder that acceptance is the greatest gift a person can give.
Welcome takuproot

Thank you for your heartfelt post. So sorry for what you are going through.....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome takuproot

Thank you for your heartfelt post. So sorry for what you are going through.....

Thank you -at first I was so angry at him. What he writes can be construed as glorifying suicide. Many who suffer with these thoughts can be so desperate. It took me through a consuming journey to come to this reality in order to communicate to my children who are so deeply affected by this. It's devastating that we will never know if he did commit suicide or if he died from exposure. Either way it hurts that he could not reach such a beautiful mind.

Thank you -at first I was so angry at him. What he writes can be construed as glorifying suicide. Many who suffer with these thoughts can be so desperate. It took me through a consuming journey to come to this reality in order to communicate to my children who are so deeply affected by this. It's devastating that we will never know if he did commit suicide or if he died from exposure. Either way it hurts that he could not reach such a beautiful mind.

How awful it is that you and the family have to go through this, I can fully understand your mixed feelings, I think I'd have been furious at first too. I guess you're as surprised as we were that Kegan was found given he seemed to certain he wouldn't be. I'm glad you get that "closure" though, it would be worse never knowing where he was.

Please feel free to keep talking to us, we might go a bit "bull in a china shop" sometimes but we're a sensitive bunch really! Always someone around if you need a little rant or some discussion away from those who knew him. Thoughts with you all.

I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. Hope in time it will get a little easier. Glad that Kegan was found and you weren't left wondering where he is. I hope that you were able to get some closure.....
Bless you and your family!

Campus suicides spur push for better mental health aid

Kim Kozlowski, The Detroit News 9:07 a.m. EDT April 28, 2016

“If you’re reading this, I am dead.”

So begins chapter 10 in a 306-page treatise on suicide that was written and published online by a Michigan State University student who recently took his own life.

Patrick Kegan Cochrane, a senior from Laramie, Wyoming, wrote in his last post on Facebook that anyone who loved him should read that chapter in his book that he published on a blog — which also included 21 good-bye letters to family and friends. He even wrote a letter to the police officer who would find his body April 13 near Baker Woodlot on south campus and also uploaded several videos to YouTube...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...-spur-push-better-mental-health-aid/83631942/

Thinking of Kegan's family and Hoping they have started to find peace. Hope that his writings can help others in the future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj
Back