GUILTY MI - Patrick Mikes, 55, Troy, 27 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking maybe he used the credit card on purpose so he had an alibi, someone posted he had been cut off. Maybe he didn't have his own credit card anymore, so he takes his brother's to make sure there is proof of where he was. JMO

I would like to know what the circumstances of this were, as it is probably going to explain much about this tragedy. Maybe Patrick, Jr. wasn't doing well at ND and lost his scholarship. Maybe he was spending too much money while away at school. Maybe Patrick, Jr. hasn't ever worked, even part-time or during the summer, and has expected his dad to pay for everything. Who knows why? But something in that home must have been very wrong for a son to allegedly kill his father so violently. :moo:

Update from WDIV: ME says that it's doubtful that anyone could have survived the brutal attack that took place in the Mikes' basement. Mikes' typical biking attire was found in the house. Patrick, Jr. on surveillance video purchasing cleaning products. Younger brother is not a suspect but is answering questions and cooperating with LE. Trying to piece together an exact timeline of suspect's whereabouts to help locate the body.

Video should be available shortly: www.clickondetroit.com

bbm

Good God, how absolutely horrible. What in the heck was going on in this young mans life to completely lose it in this manner?

August 2, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Son of missing Troy man released on $50,000 bond
By Mike Martindale
The Detroit News

Troy — The 21-year-old man described as a "person of interest" in his father's disappearance posted bond Thursday evening and was released from Oakland County Jail, authorities said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120802/METRO/208020479#ixzz22R4lRXiG

It might get missed in my edited post--Junior is out of jail, bond was posted.

According to WXYZ-TV Junior had been "cut off" financially recently.

I was wondering if maybe this had been an on going fued of some sort that had finally "hit the fan" so to speak. My guess is that this wasn't the first time that something like this had happened with Jr. I'm wondering if maybe Dad had approached him about these latest cc charges on the other son's card and things went badly. I sure hope that the 16 yr old brother has someone looking out for his best interest. I can understand why LE says they are concerned for his safety. I'm wondering if the younger brother was the one who saw the charges & brought it to the attention of Sr or if the statement went directly to Dad?

Plenty we don't know yet about the history of this family or what might have been going on of late.

I wonder about drugs--I guess I'm just trying to figure out how someone who appeared to have it "together" could have lost his mind like that. Then again, college age is about the time that something like schizophrenia would start really blooming, so there could be a possibility of that. There could even be long-simmering resentment about how their mother was treated before her death--who knows.

Hopefully the person(s) who bailed him out will allow no access to transportation--but that also wouldn't stop someone from stealing it.

He certainly can't go back to that house right now--it's a crime scene or even if they've cleared the area I'm sure it needs to be cleaned with the amount of blood there must have been.

True Michmi. I wonder where he will be staying and who bailed him out?

all I know is this: if I had used a CC in someone elses name on thursday, they arent arresting me that quick. How did they know that he didnt have permission? I have used mom's CC, a friends CC, my boss' CC all before and I wasn't arrested within days

August 3, 2012 at 1:00 am

Cops: Troy case now a homicide

Police discount story he left on bike ride and never returned

By Mike Martindale
The Detroit News

Troy — Police aren't buying the story that the father of two sons went for a bicycle ride last Friday and simply disappeared.

For one, his helmet was found in the family garage. His riding shoes were inside the house. And so was undisclosed evidence that leads authorities to believe Patrick Joseph Mikes Sr. was murdered in his basement.

"We are now discounting that story — we are treating this as a homicide," Troy Police Capt. Robert Redmond said during a press conference Thursday...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120803/METRO02/208030365#ixzz22U8jZuFK

Investigators are searching for Mikes’ body in undisclosed areas.

Redmond said he could not elaborate on what evidence was found in the home or what the nature of the violent encounter was. It’s also unclear whether a second person may have been involved in the incident.

Police have received several tips from the public, Redmond said. If anyone has any information about the case, they are asked to call the Troy Police Department at 248-524-3477.

http://www.dailytribune.com/article...de-investigation-bond-posted&pager=full_story

Man named suspect in case of missing Troy father released from jail

Published: Friday, August 03, 2012
By ANN ZANIEWSKI
Of The Oakland Press

A man who has been called a suspect in the case of his missing father was released from jail last night after someone posted a $50,000 cash bond.

Patrick Mikes Jr., 21, had been in the Oakland County Jail after being charged with three financial crimes involving the theft and use of his younger brother’s credit card.

Mikes’ father, 55-year-old Patrick Mikes of Troy, was reportedly last seen riding his bicycle a week ago. His two sons reported him missing two days later...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/08/03/news/doc501bc15032e5a831986942.txt

I hope they find him soon. I wonder what the grandparents think happened.

DH and I discussed the case last night. Patrick, Jr. does not look particularly large or strong. How on earth could he have hauled his father's bloody body up a flight of stairs without help? Mikes, Sr. was 6' tall and weighed 170.

I hope LE finds the body soon.

DH and I discussed the case last night. Patrick, Jr. does not look particularly large or strong. How on earth could he have hauled his father's bloody body up a flight of stairs without help? Mikes, Sr. was 6' tall and weighed 170.

I hope LE finds the body soon.

Good point! Also I see no bruises or scratches on Patrick Jr. in the news clips.

Also, which set of grandparents posted his cash 50,000.00 bond? Mikes, Sr's or Mom's?

Thanks Betty Davis and others for the updates. I know the father and the 16 year old as he was in the same grade school and same grade as my son. I helped coach younger son in grade school baseball. The Dad was a quiet, soft spoken, kind man. Serious at times during a close game, but not unlike any other parent. The younger son was also a polite young man.

It sickens me to think of how this case is pointing to a father/son tragedy to a family that has already seen the loss of one parent.

Question, how long DNA testing take and why? Seems like it should be hours, not a week....

His bond requires he get a job or go to school.

I'm wondering, if Sr. was killed Thurs night/Friday, and the basement had so much blood there, what Jr. had to do to keep his younger brother from going in the basement...or maybe the basement is someplace he wouldn't go? If he purchased cleaning products Sunday night, he had to have been trying to clean from Friday to Sunday already. How do you do that without the 16-year-old asking what you're doing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79
Back