GUILTY MI - Paul DeWolf, 25, fatally shot in Ann Arbor frat house, 23 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dajeon Lavelle Franklin, 21, (the 3rd suspect) was out on bond for a home invasion from May 4th.

Franklin was arraigned on May 16 at the Washtenaw County Jail on a 10 percent of $2,000 bond. He faced a charge of second-degree home invasion and two counts of stealing a financial transaction device, according to court records.

He was back in custody on Wednesday in Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Archie Brown’s courtroom. He pleaded guilty to testing positive for opiates on Sept. 11 and missing an appointment with Community Corrections.

He’s had four contacts with Community Corrections since he was arraigned, officials said

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/records_3rd_suspect_in_paul_de.html

So he was free to kill loot and plunder....

Dajeon Lavelle Franklin, 21, (the 3rd suspect) was out on bond for a home invasion from May 4th.

Franklin was arraigned on May 16 at the Washtenaw County Jail on a 10 percent of $2,000 bond. He faced a charge of second-degree home invasion and two counts of stealing a financial transaction device, according to court records.

He was back in custody on Wednesday in Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Archie Brown’s courtroom. He pleaded guilty to testing positive for opiates on Sept. 11 and missing an appointment with Community Corrections.

He’s had four contacts with Community Corrections since he was arraigned, officials said

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/11/records_3rd_suspect_in_paul_de.html

So he was free to kill loot and plunder....

Yes, absolutely brilliant (not)! And I love the 10% of $2,000 bond (not)!

Both suspects have twitter accounts,
Joei_ThekiD@KHALIFA_THO
SJ@esJaee

SJ tweets "sick to my stomach.." for his first tweet after Paul's murder.

Then on July 26 th he's talking about " Be careful out here on these social networks fellas, anything you say or do can nd will be used against u in the court of some b*tch "

SJ tweets "sick to my stomach.." for his first tweet after Paul's murder.

Then on July 26 th he's talking about " Be careful out here on these social networks fellas, anything you say or do can nd will be used against u in the court of some b*tch "

It's strange how someone boasts about a murder two days later. I guess they were confident.

On July 22, SJ tweets, "back at uofm" - Which I assume is University of Michigan, and it's apparent he has been here (uofm) before.

And I find it interesting that he stops tweeting for 2 days (during the time of Paul's murder)
July 22 at 8:58am and then no more tweets until 8:56am on July 25.

It is relevant only because I find the chances of two students being shot with no evidence, motive, or suspects, to be statistically so unlikely, that I can't accept it.

However.

In Australia, it's never ever happened before, so the odds are...? In America, statistically, kids do die from gunshot at colleges. It's not unheard of.

If you read carefully I'm not righting/wronging anything, I'm just observing a statistical and cultural difference which has affected my sleuthing.

It's not my personal fault if those statistics exist, KWIM? So please don't be offended by my observing them.

I haven't finished reading the thread yet.. but after more than half a decade of living in southern Michigan along the I-94 corridor (not to mention having multiple friends/family/acquaintences who were homicide victims there)... NOTHING that goes on in this area of the state surprises me. Not to offend anyone else risiding there, but quite frankly, the I-94 corridor stretching from Kalamazoo, that runs through Battle Creek and Ann Arbor going to Detroit, scares the living s!!! out of me. Street violence in particular is spawned by such pettiness and the code of silence among many is almost an impermeable wall.

It's strange how someone boasts about a murder two days later. I guess they were confident.

Why do you think there's evidence of boasting?

Are you referring to the tweet of one perp that said "Be careful what you post...it can be used against you in court of law?"

Sounds more like they're trying to warn others to keep quiet about whatever crime they may have committed. Doesn't sound like boasting to me.

I wonder what links them to DeWolf's murder? Is it the gun and the U of MI mug the police found? Their tweets do not make mention of where/what they were doing the day of the murder.

Does anyone know if you can obtain the GPS location from a cellphone tweet? Maybe the police obtained their whereabouts via this method...

I haven't finished reading the thread yet.. but after more than half a decade of living in southern Michigan along the I-94 corridor (not to mention having multiple friends/family/acquaintences who were homicide victims there)... NOTHING that goes on in this area of the state surprises me. Not to offend anyone else risiding there, but quite frankly, the I-94 corridor stretching from Kalamazoo, that runs through Battle Creek and Ann Arbor going to Detroit, scares the living s!!! out of me. Street violence in particular is spawned by such pettiness and the code of silence among many is almost an impermeable wall.

I live in a decent neighborhood in Ohio. We have had two home invasions and three attempted in the last six years. In the last month in my town there have been two home invasions, with two shootings resulting in one death. It is happening everywhere. The perps, sadly, all fit the same profile. And the code of silence dominates and make prosecution nearly impossible in certain cases. I always have my doors locked and a firearm accessible. This is the world we live in. I don't think there are safe places anymore. All we can do is be smart about our personal safety. IMHO, I don't think things are ever going to become better. Sad.

According to the court calendar:

Monday December 2, 2013 8:30 am

CR-W-13-0000769 FH FRANKLIN, DAJEON LAVELLE JURY TRIAL
Count: 001 HOME INVASION - 2ND DEGREE
002 FIN. TRANS. DEV.-STEAL/RETAIN WO/CONSENT
003 FIN. TRANS. DEV.-STEAL/RETAIN WO/CONSENT

http://washtenawtrialcourt.org/calendar/ACB

If you go to the Charleston County Jail website, and search by 11/6/13 booking date, a person named Shaquille Jones comes up. Age listed matches that previously reported. The warrant list shows two separate but identical weapons possessions and then shown in bright red... "Holding Charge - Ann Arbor".

http://inmatesearch.charlestoncounty.org/

Sounds like that's suspect #2.

My gut feeling says suspect #3 might be someone local, given the known connections suspect already had to this area... that would also possibly explain why authorities have given no detail whatsoever, given the likelihood of his identity being more easily determined.

:Welcome1:

Two of the men who are suspects in the homicide of University of Michigan medical student Paul DeWolf face charges in a home invasion on the same block of North Ingalls Street on the night before he was found dead.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...cts_in_paul_dewolfs_dea.html#cmpid=nwsltrhead

I certainly had a feeling there was a connection. I am guessing suspects were intending to rob fraternity's house. Maybe they expected the house to be empty but Paul was there. Or he walked in on them. So he was killed and suspects run off. Not sure if they took anything. Possibly police didn't tell the truth about things being taken (maybe to not tip off the suspects).

Just lost my post so I'll try again.

I had no idea there was a break in Paul's case until tonight.
The outcome isn't what I was expecting (not that I had a singular theory).
My last guess was that Paul was killed by random perps.
I'm seeing red right now.

Wonder if the cell phone/video taped guy is connected to the two perps in some way.
If mentioned already, I may have missed it.

After I digest this news and calm down, I'll read the articles carefully.

Feeling very sad all over again but glad there's been a break in Paul's case.

Anyone have background info on Shaquille Jones? I found an SJ in North Charleston, SC (BSC is part of his online name) on the peekyou site but I'm not sure this is the suspect. If this is, in fact, SJ... what's the BSC abbreviation? Any thoughts/opinions?

Just lost my post so I'll try again.

I had no idea there was a break in Paul's case until tonight.
The outcome isn't what I was expecting (not that I had a singular theory).
My last guess was that Paul was killed by random perps.
I'm seeing red right now.

Wonder if the cell phone/video taped guy is connected to the two perps in some way.
If mentioned already, I may have missed it.

After I digest this news and calm down, I'll read the articles carefully.

Feeling very sad all over again but glad there's been a break in Paul's case.

Nope. The cellphone guy caught on video is not connected to any of these three perps.

In fact the third perp, Shaquille Jones' lawyer claims he's only met the other two perps once or twice before and he wasn't there the day Paul was murdered.

I also have my own reservations about these perps being the culprits. But I think if physical evidence in the form of DNA/prints on Paul's bedroom door and other bedroom items can be found, then I will believe it.

If this was a burglary gone wrong, wow, very odd that THREE perps stole not a single thing and yet shot Paul dead with one single bullet to the neck. I find that hard to believe that they took absolutely nothing...

If Paul was inside his room and then the perps walked in on Paul, why bother shooting Paul when they could just as easily turn around and flee? Unless the perps were itching to kill that night...Otherwise, this scenario doesn't make sense to me.

The scenario that makes the most logical sense -- if evidence is shown or confessions are made -- is that if the perps were already rummaging through Paul's room searching for valuables and Paul walked in on them, then they might have turned around and one might have shot Paul in shock/alarm. But still, you'd think at least one perp would have stolen something from Paul's room...

IDK It all sounds mighty strange that nothing was taken by *three* burglars.

Of course, I'm glad for the DeWolfs that the perps were not related to them. That would have been doubly tragic for the family. RIP Paul and God bless the DeWolfs.

Anyone have background info on Shaquille Jones? I found an SJ in North Charleston, SC (BSC is part of his online name) on the peekyou site but I'm not sure this is the suspect. If this is, in fact, SJ... what's the BSC abbreviation? Any thoughts/opinions?

I recall reading that SJ is from SC and they're trying to extradite him to MI for the crime.

They could have walked in on him and shot him. Even if it makes no sense. It doesn't have to make sense. Burglars/robbers sometimes shoot people for no reason. It doesn't have to be logical.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back