GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Which is a perfect example of why this is in the Bible: 1 Timothy 3:1-7 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+3:1-7&version=NIV)

I need to stay out of this thread. I'm infuriated.

I am infuriated too, Kimster. It sounds like this fake man of God exploited the church members' desire to love the way God loves. They may have decided to "forgive" him for his past because of this. Having grown up in a small church myself, I am familiar with the sentiment. Now that he's allegedly confessed to this horrific crime, they are probably feeling betrayed as well. A tragedy all the way around.

this would be the result of a culture based on a misogynist patriarchy. women and children are not as valuable as (white) men and boys. and their pain just does not register or matter. there is a deep seated fear of women's sexual power at the root of this, and therefore crimes against their sexuality and their ability to bear children (and their actual children) are sort of condoned in the system.

:goodpost:

Thanks button just wasn't enough. I couldn't agree more.

And awesome to see another feminist around!! :)

This is just distrubing. All these people knew and they allowed him in positions of trust and in their lives. Holy Moly!!!!

Very disturbing indeed. Very very sad. I almost can't believe it. It's not like he looks handsome and charming, no he looks exactly like the he is. Why would they ever trust him? Was he a smooth talker?

I also wonder how the prosecutor and his lawyer of his previous murder trial feel now. Do they feel responsible at all? At least partly?

i havent commented on this case but i have followed and i have to say that of all the cases i have followed this one kept me awake last night feeling horrified, helpless and most of all ANGRY. i have read some of the comments from the articles with people talking about how "there just isnt enough money to keep all the prisoners locked up; and the others who say this poor man just never received the mental health care that he so obviously needed ... i call BS on both of those explanations. when as a nation are we going to have enough guts to do what needs to be done with all of these sickos that are so clearly not to ever be trusted to be free in society? how many innocent people have to die?:furious:

Im single.. I date. My children are grown and I have grandchildren. I never allow anyone Im dating to meet or know my family. I figure maybe one day, when I trust them, I will.

Five years dating one man, and still I don't allow it. Maybe I've become too jaded being a member of WS.

But I will take jaded and paranoid over the death of my loved ones any day. Im not in any way implying that the victims in this case are responsible. Just sayin..it takes a really LONG time to be able to trust someone. In my heart and in my life.. maybe never. And I can live with that.

im glad to know im not the only one that has trust issues...lol. its not so much that i cant trust but i simply wont for a really long time. i just feel that there is too much at stake to let random people into my life without really truly knowing them - and like you mentioned even after 5 years your still sort of holding out. i think that is the smart thing to do!!

On Thursday, Tom Gay, Rebekah's father, told us "if God can forgive my sins, I must forgive (John White), and I have."

Did John White repent and I missed it?

He remembered dressing the child for Halloween but didn't remember if he had sex with her dead body? How convenient that was. I'm sure forensics will tell the true story.

JMO

Ex-convict John D. White told investigators that after killing 24-year-old Rebekah Gay in her trailer in rural Isabella County early Wednesday, he hid her body in nearby woods then returned to the trailer to dress her 3-year-old son in a Halloween costume, ready for the boy's father to pick him up.

White told investigators he repeatedly struck Gay's head with a mallet then strangled her with a zip tie, according to the Isabella County sheriff's office. He said he stripped her but does not remember if he carried out his fantasy of having sex with Gay's dead body.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/0...ancee-daughter/?test=latestnews#ixzz2B6HKB8ho

On Thursday, Tom Gay, Rebekah's father, told us "if God can forgive my sins, I must forgive (John White), and I have."

Did John White repent and I missed it?

Already???? I'm sorry but, that is way too out there for me. At a time where my daughter has just been murdered, I wouldn't even be thinking about forgiveness or anything that would even come close to that. I guess that's just me though and MOO. But wow...... Just freaking wow.

Already???? I'm sorry but, that is way too out there for me. At a time where my daughter has just been murdered, I wouldn't even be thinking about forgiveness or anything that would even come close to that. I guess that's just me though and MOO. But wow...... Just freaking wow.

100% agree. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that quote just now. I officially don't understand what is going on anymore.

:puke:

I'm so very sorry for this man, losing his daughter this way ... But I cannot help but feel this is an extremely harmful public statement to make. It is exactly that idea of "instant forgiveness" that allowed that murderer to worm his way into a position of influence, authority, and access to Rebekah.

Why is the name in brackets? Did the father use another name/expression for JW and it was substituted by the name?

I can only hope this sentence was inaccurate reporting.

Please don't judge this man for his statement. Forgiveness is at the center of the Christian faith. It is not contingent on someone repenting; and it does not always mean that the forgiven person is completely off the hook.

Forgiveness is for the person forgiving. It's refusing to allow this to destroy you which lets evil win. It's NOT saying "Hey, I forgive you for killing my daughter, so let's do dinner sometime."

I think they were misguided to allow him in a position of leadership and authority, given his past. I think their complete trust in him was irresponsible. I think that very small community church was manipulated and conned.

I understand their need to forgive ... they'll probably have a harder time forgiving themselves...

imo

That second FB page of his says he "graduated from Andrews University, in Berrien, MI, in 2000" (above under his profile page it only says 'attended') ~ wonder if they give out prison graduation certificates because he was in prison in 2000. He called himself a Pastor but he wasn't an ordained Pastor. Wonder if his church people knew that...or don't they need to be 'ordained' in other states?? :waitasec:

I am jumping in... I have been following ..... But need to catch up today...

I have not looked into this "church".... Is it legit, or did he just start his own, like someone would start their own business?

How can he forgive so soon??? His ex-wife was engaged to this monster, wormed his way into his daughter's life and his grandson's life. Murdered her in cold blood. I would have a hard time forgiving the ex-wife for introducing this monster into my daughter's life let alone forgive him for coldly murdering my daughter. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Also from above ^^^ article.

Sally Gay says White talked a lot lately about how beautiful her daughter was and made dinner for Rebekah the night before her murder. Police say that White admitted to sexually fantasizing about Gay over the past few weeks; now that attraction is considered a motive.

Sally says that after her daughter was reported missing on Wednesday, White called her and told her Sally was the love of his life and he's sorry for what happened to Rebekah. When Sally asked if he knew what happened to her, she says he replied, "It'll get taken care of."

Sounds like the mother's hinky meter was going off.

The mother is 10 years older than the perp and lives in Midland...and Rebekah apparently has two older male siblings from what I found. I was thinking there may have a financial motive if RG was an only child and the upcoming marriage.

I'm still trying to "profile" this guy because he didn't do a very good job of really trying to hide her...ie: her body, car and all the evidence was found very close by. IMO, his focus was more on taking care of the boy.

Also curious how this man schmoozed his way into her life...and then dating the mother for the past 3 (?) years?

I tried to find the church online, but it's probably too small. I wouldn't doubt if it was struggling and this was a "concern" of his also.. and one of the reasons for getting married. Lessons to be learned by the congregation, I'm sure...and should be for all other tiny satellite churches. How did he get involved with people in Africa?

JMO

Yeah, I wouldn't be thinking about it either, unless he repented. I'd need a lot of help from God to forgive too. If I remember right, the Son of Sam has repented and I can see forgiving him, but not allowing him out of prison (he doesn't want out either because he cannot guarantee that he won't kill again).

Luckily Jesus talked about REPENTING when He talked about forgiveness and He gave the apostle Paul to help understand about the wolves among the sheep AND the wickedness inside the church (1 Corinthians 5).

Ha, sorry I didn't mean to give a sermon.

Hearing that the family and community knew about this monster's background and still allowed him around their families is even more upsetting to me, than if he had hidden his past crimes and wormed his way in. Simply putting your family in danger, in my opinion. Not blaming the victims-but we all need to take extreme care as to the people we allow access to our lives and families. That is a fact that has never changed throughout history. If we make it easy for them, well-bad things happen. JMO

If i wasnt at work right now id be trying to work on a timeline. Since his first crime to now including when he was in and out of jail, his past known addressees, lets see if we can uncover anymore of his horrific crimes. Serial killer anyone ?

If i wasnt at work right now id be trying to work on a timeline. Since his first crime to now including when he was in and out of jail, his past known addressees, lets see if we can uncover anymore of his horrific crimes. Serial killer anyone ?

bbm

I said that pages back already. Yes a timeline and addresses would be great.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back