GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He even looks like a creep.

How on earth was he able to fool everyone like that?

All the women involved so far are women he knew...closely. The girl who survived in '80..he knew, but we don't know if they had been dating, how long or just how well he knew her....she was a neighbor. I think he may have been trying to overcome "his demons", but wasn't happy with the progression....and reverted to his old ways. He was looking for faith in people and forgetting where it should be. Didn't he say something about certain people not believing he was a changed man? Was this directed specifically toward the mother or just other people in the town/church, etc?

He's warped and twisted, but I don't think he's psychopathic. IMO

It is fairly evident he feels hatred towards women...

It is stated he cares about the boy (Rebekah's son).

I hope LE and others are investigating inappropriate behaviors with the boy!

All the women involved so far are women he knew...closely. The girl who survived in '80..he knew, but we don't know if they had been dating, how long or just how well he knew her....she was a neighbor. I think he may have been trying to overcome "his demons", but wasn't happy with the progression....and reverted to his old ways. He was looking for faith in people and forgetting where it should be. Didn't he say something about certain people not believing he was a changed man? Was this directed specifically toward the mother or just other people in the town/church, etc?

He's warped and twisted, but I don't think he's psychopathic. IMO

Not psychopath ? A "pastor" brutally killed his fiancés 24 year old daughter inside her mobile home with her 3 year old son inside than dressed him in a halloween costume and delivered him to his father ? Hmmm IMO i would go with a yes on that one. :)

.....and then went home and viewed violent *advertiser censored* and engaged in thoughts of necrophilia and premeditated murder.

She said White got on her roof and cleaned her neglected gutters last week, a chore that inspired his Sunday talk. She recalled him saying during that sermon that "we need to check closely the seeds we sprout in ourselves. Nothing can be hidden from God."

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/inde...ees-daughter/df954c25ff5c4b6fbbcffdb889577b4b

Since you brought Jesus into this:

He died for our forgiveness ... long BEFORE we ever repented.
We repent to RECEIVE forgiveness .. not to allow the other party to forgive us.
Jesus tells us to forgive those that sin against us, just as he forgave us .. before we asked.
If the guilty asks .. it is so that HE can receive.
God made it our business to forgive .. and the benefit is all ours ... spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Unforgiveness will destroy you. It does not free the guilty from their consequences.

/sermon

Sorry.. just clarifying. No more bible stuff from me.

I agree! I only wanted to point out that Christians that don't forgive without the murderer or rapist first repenting should not be made to feel they are not true Christians. Some people would preach that the unforgiving Christian of unrepentant murders or rapist would go to Hell, while the murderer or rapist will go to Heaven. That is not at all what scripture says.

I TOTALLY understand the benefit is our own, but if a Christian is not able to forgive an unrepentant murder or rapists, they should not be made to feel like they are not a true Christian, nor should they be brainwashed to believe that unless they forgive the unrepentant murder or rapist that God won't forgive them of their sins.

Not psychopath ? A "pastor" brutally killed his fiancés 24 year old daughter inside her mobile home with her 3 year old son inside than dressed him in a halloween costume and delivered him to his father ? Hmmm IMO i would go with a yes on that one. :)

Not all murders are psychopaths....and not all psychopaths are murders.

I'm not posting this specifically for your viewing karennoh, but for others also who may be interested. Hare is a study of Cleckley...and both within the frame of the institutionalized population. Cleckley's Mask of Insanity
in full is in pdf form on the web for reading.

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/psychopaths-the-real-life-vampires/

I thought the autopsy would be done today and we'd hear the results. I guess not until Monday.

I just heard about this today. Beautiful young mother... Whole life ahead of her... Young son.. Senseless, brutal death.

May she rest in peace.

That never should have even been that close to anyone to begin with.

This story has deeply upset me. However, there is something else equally upsetting to me about this woman's fate, other than the obvious, & that is the *advertiser censored* that he says fueled his rage.

This NYU student film is currently in production:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/206692360/disgrace

It is so sick that this type of thing is glorified. And, has child actors... Um... Sundance Film Festival you are not.

I wish there was a way to ban the making of this in her name.

RIP Rebekah Gay. You went too soon.

Since you brought Jesus into this:

He died for our forgiveness ... long BEFORE we ever repented.
We repent to RECEIVE forgiveness .. not to allow the other party to forgive us.
Jesus tells us to forgive those that sin against us, just as he forgave us .. before we asked.
If the guilty asks .. it is so that HE can receive.
God made it our business to forgive .. and the benefit is all ours ... spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
Unforgiveness will destroy you. It does not free the guilty from their consequences.

/sermon

Sorry.. just clarifying. No more bible stuff from me.

ITA.

Forgiveness was my nemesis for a long time. A did horrific things to me in my past. Forgiveness was a HUGE struggle for me! I did not want to forgive because I didn't want the to think what they did was "ok". Then I learned what forgiveness is and what it is not.

Forgiveness is: for YOURSELF. Like the old saying goes "Anger destroys the vessel carrying it, not the one it is aimed at." or "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."
Forgiveness is not: contigent on repentance from the person who hurt you. You can stop holding hatred and pain in your heart, even if that person is never sorry.

Forgiveness is to set YOU free. Whether the other person is "free" is up to them (did they repent? have they changed their behavior?). They may never be "free", but you can be.

Forgiveness is not: saying "what you did is ok."
Forgiveness is: saying you have taken too much already. I will not allow what you did to take one more minute of my life or thoughts.

That being said, forgiveness DOES NOT mean you have to allow that person to be in a position to ever hurt you again. If someone hurt you, you can forgive but still keep boundaries to keep you safe. It is possible to forgive and STILL not allow that person in your life. If someone has shown they are a pedophile, you may have forgiven them but it is foolish to put them in a position where they have access to children. If someone has embezzeled, it is foolish to put them in charge of the finances. Someone may be forgiven, but that does not mean there are no further consequences for their action (ie: job restrictions, etc).

ETA: Forgiveness is not usually a "one time deal". It is a process. In my case, I had to forgive over and over and remind myself I was forgiving that person.

I am absolutely stunned and horrified that the congregation KNEW his background and allowed him to be their pastor. Yes, Christianity says we should forgive (7x70 times) BUT that does not mean you have to allow that person to be in a position of trust or a position that gives him access to so many who MAY NOT know his past.
Forgive but set appropriate boundaries!
This congregation (or whomever of them were in a position to hire this pastor) really dropped the ball on their responsibilities IMO. Now a young woman is dead, a child is motherless and so many more are devestated.
He has proven OVER AND OVER he cannot control himself! KEEP HIM IN JAIL FOREVER!

This case just saddens me. This creep killed someone who probably tried to see the good in everyone.

JW just screams "creepy" to me. I know this man was engaged to her mother but there would be NO way in hell would I ever let him babysit my kids or befriend him in any way.

IMO, she was one of these types who tried to see the good in everyone etc. she seems like a person that would be friends with everyone.

Too bad this creep took advantage of Rebekah and her kindness.

Midwestmama, thank you for sharing these words of wisdom.

I am STUNNED that her mom let this ....... in her own life and actually allowed him to be in her daughter's home and around her grandchild! No way in HE&& would that happen with my child & grandchild!!

Until more money, time and importance is placed on mental illnesses (which appears to be the least funded illness with insurance companies)I sadly think these stories are just going to continually get worse as time goes on..

Until more money, time and importance is placed on mental illnesses (which appears to be the least funded illness with insurance companies)I sadly think these stories are just going to continually get worse as time goes on..

Or keep these killers in prison.

ITA.

Forgiveness was my nemesis for a long time. A did horrific things to me in my past. Forgiveness was a HUGE struggle for me! I did not want to forgive because I didn't want the to think what they did was "ok". Then I learned what forgiveness is and what it is not.

Forgiveness is: for YOURSELF. Like the old saying goes "Anger destroys the vessel carrying it, not the one it is aimed at." or "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."
Forgiveness is not: contigent on repentance from the person who hurt you. You can stop holding hatred and pain in your heart, even if that person is never sorry.

Forgiveness is to set YOU free. Whether the other person is "free" is up to them (did they repent? have they changed their behavior?). They may never be "free", but you can be.

Forgiveness is not: saying "what you did is ok."
Forgiveness is: saying you have taken too much already. I will not allow what you did to take one more minute of my life or thoughts.

That being said, forgiveness DOES NOT mean you have to allow that person to be in a position to ever hurt you again. If someone hurt you, you can forgive but still keep boundaries to keep you safe. It is possible to forgive and STILL not allow that person in your life. If someone has shown they are a pedophile, you may have forgiven them but it is foolish to put them in a position where they have access to children. If someone has embezzeled, it is foolish to put them in charge of the finances. Someone may be forgiven, but that does not mean there are no further consequences for their action (ie: job restrictions, etc).

ETA: Forgiveness is not usually a "one time deal". It is a process. In my case, I had to forgive over and over and remind myself I was forgiving that person.

That was truly AWESOME!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back