GUILTY MI - Rebekah Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't spend much time on this thread over the weekend but read an article this morning about neighbors coming forward with comments about White's odd behavior in recent weeks. Have there been reports from neighbors who heard the struggle in the wee hours when Rebekah was brutally beaten?

Thanks for the welcomes!

We are a small(er) town...I think most people are in disbelief that something like this could actually happen so close to home. It was surreal to drive by the corner where the body was found...way too close to home. Talking with my friends, once the body was found, we all selfishly hoped that it was someone that knew her...nothing is scarier than a random killer that is on the loose. Sometimes small town police depts get a bad rap (ie: nothing compared to the swiftness of TV crimes), but I'm quite impressed with the diligence that was shown in solving this crime.

We had another murder this summer (also on Websleuths) on the reservation here...Carnel Chamberlain. We like to think of our little town as safe but it is becoming a reality that it's not as safe as we think!

I'm very sorry. I can't imagine how scary this must be for the whole town.

But your LE department did a very good job that is true!

Do you know by any chance what happened to the woman who was stabbed and also found naked and barely breathing in a ditch about 2 hours away on the same day Rebekah was found? Last we heard was she was in hospital in critical condition.

Do you know by any chance what happened to the woman who was stabbed and also found naked and barely breathing in a ditch about 2 hours away on the same day Rebekah was found? Last we heard was she was in hospital in critical condition.

I haven't been following that. Even though the Flint area is only 2 hours away, it seems a world away from here and, sadly, they have VERY high crime rates so it isn't that much out of the norm for that area. It was just a VERY odd coincidence that it happened at the same time as this case.

From your link:

They say their children also witnessed White acting out....

"They told us one day that John has gotten mad at the cat and picked the cat up and started smashing the cats head into the cupboard," says Earl.

The couple also reported the excessive amount of time he spent playing morbid video games and recent heavy drinking.

This makes it sound like their children were in his house. How else would they have seen these things? *shudders*

It's tragic that we don't have a society that values animals enough to make it a felony when one is harmed. Anyone who harms an animal belongs in prison and all of these violent freaks are cruel to animals.

I haven't been following that. Even though the Flint area is only 2 hours away, it seems a world away from here and, sadly, they have VERY high crime rates so it isn't that much out of the norm for that area. It was just a VERY odd coincidence that it happened at the same time as this case.

Thank you.

I googled and the last news seems to be from 3 days ago:

FLINT, MI – Police identified a 25-year-old woman who was left severely beaten and naked in a ditch in Mt. Morris Township.

Ashley Lucier is still in critical condition, police said in a statement. Police did not elaborate on the type of injuries she sustained.

She was found about 9 a.m. Nov. 1, clinging to life in a ditch along West Carpenter Road between Webster and Elms roads, police previously said.

Some passersby, believed to be students at Flushing High School, covered the woman and called 911.

<snipped>

Detectives interviewed numerous friends and family and have been gathering information, police said.

<snipped>

Police do not know how long Lucier was laying in the ditch. She was taken to the hospital where she was immediately taken into surgery, police previously said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/11/police_identify_woman_found_be.html

Very sad. I hope she is a bit better now!

From your link:

"They told us one day that John has gotten mad at the cat and picked the cat up and started smashing the cats head into the cupboard," says Earl.

The couple also reported the excessive amount of time he spent playing morbid video games and recent heavy drinking.

This makes it sound like their children were in his house. How else would they have seen these things? *shudders*

It's tragic that we don't have a society that values animals enough to make it a felony when one is harmed. Anyone who harms an animal belongs in prison and all of these violent freaks are cruel to animals.

Thanks button wasn't enough Artis!

From your link:

Acting out weeks prior to her murder? I find myself asking if these folks knew White was a Pastor. If so, I wonder if they ever considered calling someone at the church and telling what they observed? Not saying they were obligated to speak out and I am not placing any responsibility on them. That kind of behavior is concerning, let alone from a person who professes to be a man of God.

There is certainly a disconnect between what some saw and the way he must have conducted himself around his congregation? I have to wonder if some of them (other than the person who has spoken out in the media) saw warning signs in him.

Trying to make sense of the senseless, I guess it's futile to look back with knowledge gained in the present
icon9.gif

I'm very sorry. I can't imagine how scary this must be for the whole town.

But your LE department did a very good job that is true!

She has a facebook page and if you go to one of her relatives TCN, there is a little information. Still in hospital, still seeking information from the public on the crime.

Thank you gam, I found it. She's still critical. They have set up a trust fund to help with the medical bills. I'm glad she has a family that supports her in this terrible time! Hope she gets better soon.

Thank you. I believe this too and Sunday school doesn't provide enough armour. We have to open our eyes and be pro active. I see several peeps have responded that we are to forgive and that God always will forgive when asked, here's more opinion to consider.

If someone knows God's ultimate commandment and disobeys it, that is sinning against the Holy Spirit and is unforgivable. When I read deeper, there are levels of defying God and examples given. I'm not a Bible scholar, far from it, but desire to understand more. God forgives our sins, yes. But there is more to study about this depending on who you are being asked to forgive. We're actually warned to keep our distance from certain people so we don't fall into a trap, the one they set up ahead of time. The misconception we sometimes have is that we are to be nice to everyone at all times no matter who they are or say they are, etc. When I dig deeper, that's not what I hear. God says that if anyone causes, as in leads, a child of his into sin, 'woe, unto that person'. He doesn't just forgive them, no.

If someone claims to be a pastor, I believe that is someone who is claiming to know God's commandments and will be judged and turned away from God as the person never knew him to begin with as demonstrated by his actions of his own free will. No one who truly loves God can do unto others in such heinous ways. It's not possible.
When we love God, we still have human lessons to learn and hurt others in small ways all the time. Growing and learning, instead of carrying on in our usual ways, is something God wants to help us with. Those are different behaviors that are in a different category from the sadistic souls we deal with all too often on WS. When you read about general sin, most people, if honest, will see they have a long way to go before they evolve to God's standard, if it's even possible. Issues surrounding our attitudes about money, ego, gossip, judging other believer's petty actions (instead of minding our own), all come into play.

We form general pat beliefs about broad topics. After hearing them time and time again we simplify and believe them too generally imo. Using two versions of the Bible, I tried to read everything I could about forgiveness. We are to forgive other believers when we are crossed as none of us are without sin. If you make an in depth study of forgiveness, you will see that God will not forgive actions that cause his children great harm regardless of who they say they are. He knows who the frauds are who claim to love Him.

Jesus forgave the thief because he believed and turned to Jesus and asked for forgiveness. That's an example of asking for forgiveness. But it's not always that simple, when you dig deeper into scripture.

The actions of this man go beyond anything that God is willing to forgive imo. Afterall, he called himself a pastor but was an imposter.

This post is on topic because this man called himself a pastor and it's a shame that none of the flock among his fourteen, were none the wiser that he was a fraud. To be too trusting is not a commandment. We are warned about the wolf who wears sheeps clothing. This creep is an example.

Well said.. thank you for the post! Ive been struggling with the notion of forgiveness for this man as well as other offenders, and forgiveness in my own life. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this post.. its a sticky subject.. and in this case right on topic.

Acting out weeks prior to her murder? I find myself asking if these folks knew White was a Pastor. If so, I wonder if they ever considered calling someone at the church and telling what they observed? Not saying they were obligated to speak out and I am not placing any responsibility on them. That kind of behavior is concerning, let alone from a person who professes to be a man of God.

There is certainly a disconnect between what some saw and the way he must have conducted himself around his congregation? I have to wonder if some of them (other than the person who has spoken out in the media) saw warning signs in him.

Trying to make sense of the senseless, I guess it's futile to look back with knowledge gained in the present
icon9.gif

BBM
I respect your opinion immensely, Knox, as many of your posts make me think and reconsider my own thought processes. I don't know if there was a responsibility to speak out, as in legally.. but I can't imagine one of my grands or a neighbor child telling me of the drunk pastor neighbor abusing an animal, especially to that degree, and not acting on it. I do realize that Websleuths membership changes us and we are more apt to act on things others might just write off.

Your last statement also BBM is priceless. And with your permission Id like to quote it.. often.

He doesn't remember if he had sex with her dead body.
Ugggggggghhhhhhhh

Hi Kali!

It amazes me what perps decide is their "worst" offense. Like saying he doesn't remember would make it better. As if just the thought of doing something like that isn't horrendous enough.

PFFFFFFFFFFT!

Jerod Harrell always acted like he was more ashamed of what he did to a family member than what he did to Somer. I guess I just can't comprehend their reasoning. Sick

I am still confused on something. If he was in Africa and other places in 2000, I belive it said?? I thought he was released from prison in 2007? Am I correct on these dates? RIP Rebekah, your beautiful light went out way too early

I am still confused on something. If he was in Africa and other places in 2000, I belive it said?? I thought he was released from prison in 2007? Am I correct on these dates? RIP Rebekah, your beautiful light went out way too early

I think he took online classes while in prison at schools not inside the US.

Dont have the link handy but IIRC it was White who told people he was in Africa.

^ Thanks for posting the tribute to Rebekah. My thoughts and prayers are with those who loved her as they will need strength to move forward from this tragedy.

RIP lovely woman... so sad and should never have happened. My thoughts and prayers are also with those who love her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back